[SP-F1] Burning the Midnight Oil (Complete)

Quisani Wordcaster finally found the exit to the Town of Beginnings. The town was quite large, but as the hour grew later it became much quieter. I hope those folk back in plaza have things figured out for the night. It might be a good idea to just power through the night and score enough to buy some gear. Good gear means less fear, afterall. As he wandered into the surrounding grasslands, he looked around him. The city lit up the surrounding grasslands for a good distance. Quisani could see quite a few people roaming around. Once or twice, he saw a flash in the distance. He didn't want to investigate further. Alright, seems like it might be better for me to just go around and start foraging. Maybe I can find materials to trade for armor. 

He set out... Is stuff here made of cotton? Can I just pick anything? Hey! There's some flowers. Maybe they give out stuff... Seeds, berries, Col, I can't be too picky right now. Quisani wandered over to some flowers and started poking and prodding them. "Activate! Backslash Harvest! Press F to Pay Respects!" He did something right, because he found some cotton. Hmm... I doubt the voice commands are neccessary. He picked up the cotton and put it in his bag. 

ID: 18306 LD: 17

Mats: 1

Quisani wandered around for a while, looking for some more of those cotton flowers. He ran into a few other furtive players, presumably looking for materials as well. The moon in the sky still hung bright in the sky, but the Town of Beginnings was a bit closer to the horizon. While looking at the town, Wordcaster tripped. He looked down. It was a log of some kind. Ooh! Some fiber for your shirt sir? We hear that it is of all the rage in Aincrad. Quisani smiled to himself and began picking at the wood. The bark crumbled. "I guess it's not in season right now."

ID: 18308

LD: 12

Quisani kept wandering. He saw a few players heading back into town. Perhaps they have looted everything. I don't even know what the spawn rates are. He stopped and looked around. There was just grass. I don't suppose I could make a hula skirt? He breathed in the air for a bit, relishing the cooler temperature that had fallen on the plains. He sighed and kept walking. He froze. After a moment, he leaped into the grass. There was nothing. He quickly stood up and brushed himself off. 

ID: 18309
LD: 9 

Quisani ambled back towards the place where he saw the cotton flower. I should go check to see if I can figure out the spawn rates for flowers. Maybe I can just sit here all night and beat the game by picking flowers! He laughed at the thought. He doubled checked to see if the log out was still not there. He shivered and not from the cold. He saw the flower. "Well, we're still stuck, but you got a flower thing. Just a few more and then profit will lie just around the corner... probably." One more cotton thing for Quisani Wordcaster, self proclaimed king of the cotton flower!

ID: 18311

LD: 18

Mats: 2

Quisani wandered away from the flower spot, having grown bored of waiting for the cotton flower to respawn. He was looking at the stars when he heard a snuffling. He looked up. It was a boar and it looked upset. He slowly pulled out his war hammer. It feel heavy, but unwieldy. The boar charged. Quisani tried diving out of the way, but was clipped in the leg. He rolled in the grass. He push himself up and and balanced his hammer behind him. "Swift Strike!" He had read the about the attack and had watched someone perform it at a distance. He seemed to flow the air, and then suddenly, a resounding thwack sounded as the warhammer made contact with the side of the boar's head. It went reeling, but quickly regained its footing.

ID: 18312
BD: 10
MD: 6

Boar: 1/4

Quisani: 6/7

Quisani was slightly disoriented from his first combat. Unfortunately, the boar wasn't. It charged and ran right into him. Quisani was decked and watched his HP drop. Will I meet my end so soon? I can't let this happen. This thing is almost dead! He rolled away from the boar and leaped up to strike it. "Forge Blow!" It hit the boar along the back. It shattered. He saw a glow around him and a couple of signed popped up. He had leveled up and had won a pelt and some Col for his troubles. Why would the boar carry money? What does he need to buy? He got up and limped along. He would be more careful to avoid monsters until he had something worth fighting with. At least I have some cash.

ID: 18313

BD: 9

MD: 10

HP:
Boar: 0/4

Quisani: 5/9

Cotton Flowers (2)

Boar Hide (1)

Col: 20

He walked along a bit and decided to take a seat. He saw another cotton plant. Well, looks like I'm coming out streets ahead. He grabbed the flower and plucked the cotton from it. I'll have some sweet gear in no time. The moon is starting to hit high noon. I wonder if anything happens at midnight?

ID: 18314

HP:
Quisani 5/9

Cotton Flowers (3)

Boar Hide (1)

Quisani began wandering. Though he knew his body was lying in his bed, he couldn't help but notice his body ache. He stopped to do some stretching. Limber up the ole joints in case I see another of those boars. I don't want to die afterall. While he was stretching, he failed to notice a cotton flower just to his left.

ID: 18315

LD: 12

He looked down and saw the flower. "Well well well, looks like we have ourselves a wise guy. Thought you could hide in the shadows to the left, could you? Well, you're facing Quisani Wordcaster, boarslayer and king of cotton flowers. You shall render me tribute!"

ID: 18317
LD: 15

HP:
Quisani 5/9

Cotton Flowers (4)

Boar Hide (1)

Quisani sat back and started watching the sky. He watched the moon move slowly across the sky. Man, I can't even see the pixels or anything. If I had to choose a death game to participate in and/or ruin my life with, well, I could have picked worse games. He glanced down at the ground. The flower still had not respawned. 

ID: 181318

LD: 14

Quisani kept moving. He saw a patch of grass that just screamed 'developer-put-spawn-point-here.' He looked around to make sure there weren't anymore rat-winged flower thieves and then dove head first into grass. After digging around for a few seconds, he saw he had crushed the flower, which then shattered. "No! Curse my sudden, but inevitable betrayal!"

ID: 18321
LD: 14

As he began to curse himself for his oafish maneuver, another cotton flower respawned, ripe for the picking! Mayhap these these spawn points are on timers? Mayhap indeeed. Not one to question luck, he plucked the cottony fiber-jewel and chaulked up another victor to the Cotton Flower King. A level up notification confirmed his superiority to the cotton flowers.

ID: 18322
LD: 15

HP: 7/11 (level up)

Cotton Flowers (5)

Boar Hide (1)

Quisani had begun to stand up when he saw yet another cotton flower. "So you brought friends? Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but you brought cotton to a picking fight. I would leaf you alone, but I can pick a better.... I'm punning flowers. I think it's getting late." Quisani grabbed the flower and began to turn back towards the Town of Beginnings. 

ID: 18323

HP: 7/11

Cotton Flowers (6)

Boar Hide (1)

Alright, lets look one last place. Quisani still saw nothing. Perhaps folk were still out. He hadn't seen anyone in a little while though. For all he knew, they could have already passed on to the second floor while he dinkered with flowers. Either way, there was nothing he could do now, but go back, get some col and get some rest in the hopefully vacated inns. 

ID: 18325
LD: 2