[SP-F7] A new companion <<Feeding the Enemy>>

As Kurou stepped out of his shop on the seventh floor, he began to formulate a plan to accomplish the quest he had previously accepted. Passing the teleport gate as he walked, Kurou new exactly what type of beast he wanted to tame and he was already on the perfect floor to do it. Ever since he was a young child, Kurou always had a thing for birds of pray, his two favorite being the hawk and eagle. To him they represented strength, intelligence and most importantly justice.

Nearing the gate to the city, he knew he would have to climb high in the mountains to find the type of bird he was looking for. A task that was most dangerous, especially for a player of his level.

I hope I don't run into anything to scary he thought to himself. The one thing he did have going for him however, was that this floor was not frequented by a lot of players and there were no known Pk'ers currently living outside the boundaries of the town.

Now outside the city of Nimbus, Kurou open up his map and set course for the highest mountain on the floor. Hopefully I brought enough food He thought to himself, as he took a quick look at his inventory before closing his menu. Walking along the dirt path, he knew it would be awhile before he reached the base of the mountain. Jeeze... maybe I should have brought some company along. Stopping for a moment to pick up a rock he saw laying on the side of the road. Kurou began to toss it up in the air and catch it to help pass the time. Each time throwing it higher and higher, he made it a game to see how high he could throw it and still catch it. After rearing back and tossing the rock with all of his might, Kurou caught it with very little hesitation. Tossing the rock to the ground, he once again began to grow bored. Well that game didn't last very long.

Turning his head towards the sky, he watched as giant bird circled the mountain top. What will I name it? he thought to himself. Gary... Jack... Big Bird? Shaking his head, Kurou new that all those were pathetic. He wanted something that sounded strong, maybe even intimidating. Justice... Liberty... Ares. Maybe I'll decided later when I actually have a familiar. 

Continuing to walk, Kurou begin to feel the terrain beneath his feat begin to grow hard. I must be getting close to the base of the mountain. he thought.

Staring up at the mountain from it's base, Kurou new this was going to be a long climb. Oh man, Maybe I would be better off just settling for one of the animals down here he thought. Adjusting his sword into his comfortable position on his back, he hoped to not have to use it on this trip. After replacing his basic starter sword with one he had crafted at his forge, Kurou was prepared if he did have to fight however. Beginning his trek up the mountain, it wasn't long before he noticed that the first section of the path simply zig zag'ed back and fourth a short ways up the mountain. Deciding that he could cover the terrain quicker if he simply climbed straight up the rock face instead of following the trial. Kurou walked over and began traversing his way up the sections of cliffs.

Pulling himself up back on to the path again, Kurou walked for a short distance before coming to a halt. A short ways away from him stood a goblin pacing back and fourth blocking the road. Pulling his new blade from its sheath he approached the mob cautiously, entering into it's agro range he watched as the goblin turned to face him. 

Now running towards the mob, he lifted his sword and blocked the incoming attack from its spear. Hearing the clang of the metal as his sword and the goblins spear collided several more times, he waited for an opening in it's defenses. Thrusting his sword forward into the gut on the mob, he was pleased with the performance of his new sword. Pulling it back out of the goblin, he lifted it once again to block an incoming attack.

ID: 19103 BD: 10 MD: 2

Goblin- 2/9

Kurou- 17/17

Although his hit was hard, it seemed that he may have only pissed off the goblin. As the flurry of its attacks sped up, Kurou began to have a harder time blocking the goblins spear. Completely on the defensive, he began to backpedal to try and create some distance between him and the mob. As he walked however, the heel of his foot made contact with a rock causing him to trip. His guard completely dropped, he felt the tip of the spear pierce his shoulder. Quickly clamoring back to his feet, Kurou attempted to regain his composure.

ID: 19110 BD: 1 MD: 8

Goblin- 2/9

Kurou- 16/17

After getting back onto his feet and regaining his balance, Kurou didn't have much time until the Goblins attack resumed. Pushing forward the goblin snarled loudly as it thrust its spear forward attempting to strike him. Swinging his sword around like a pro, Kurou successfully blocked each attack as it came. The problem however was that with all of his focus on defense he couldn't begin a counter attack. Deciding to drop his guard in order to launch an attack, he winced slightly as the spear pierced his leg. Taking advantage of the opening however, he swung his sword hard cutting the beast clean in half. Watching as it shattered into thousands of hexagonal shards, he quickly retrieved his loot and continued on.

ID: 19221 BD: 7 MD: 8

Goblin- 0/9

Kurou- 15/17

+1 Loot

Continuing on up the mountain, Kurou wondered how many more times he would have to do battle before this quest was at an end. Well... At least my new weapon performed nicely he thought to himself. To pass the time on his trek, Kurou began to think about the run in he had with the blue haired player on the first floor. He had given him a lot of useful information and some things to think about.

The Blood Buccaneer..... ever since hearing the name it had replaced the pink haired woman known as Mari at the top his his list of players to bring to justice. Although this quest may be tedious and boring, it is sure to get me one step closer to my ultimate goal he thought to himself.

Letting his mind wonder on to other things, it wasn't long before Kurou's attention snapped back to a familiar flashing light on his hud. Opening up his menu, it appeared that he had gained another level during his combat with the goblin. One step closer to my goal he thought as he dismissed the notification. Knowing that his shop stock was getting low, Kurou decided he could pass the time on his walk by looking for materials to harvest along the way. Keeping his head on a swivel, it wasn't long before he came upon an ore vein. Taking out his sword he placed it between the vein and the soil and pried the ore free. Nice he thought to himself

ID: 19474 LD: 18

+1 Material

Closing his inventory screen after depositing the mat he gathered, Kurou was surprised to see another goblin standing right in front of him. Watching as drool seeped out from its jowls as it snarled in anger, he barely had time to draw his blade in time to block the attack. His eyes winching at the sound of the metal weapons colliding. Kurou pushed forward causing the goblin to temporarily loose it's balance and fall back a few steps. Swinging his sword down hard vertically, he was dismayed when the goblin was able to regain its balance and bring its spear up to block the attack. Falling back a few paces, Kurou lifted his hand to wipe the sweat from his forehead. Man, Calrex wasn't joking when he said they simulated weapon weight in this game he thought to himself.

ID: 19482 BD: 4 MD: 5

Kurou- 19/19

Goblin- 5/5

Holding is arm out to the side, Kurou began to spin the handle of his sword around, which in turn caused the blade itself to spin around in a circular loop. Lowering his head down in determination, Kurou ran forward towards the mob and began his onslaught of ferocious attacks. The high pitched sound of metal colliding rang out through the air time after time as the goblin managed to block the attacks. Growing more frustrated with each swing that didn't connect, it wasn't long before he had to pause to catch his breath. It's a shame mobs don't get tired as well he thought to himself as he watched the goblin now turn to the offensive. Observing as the beast thrust its spear in his direction, he quickly side stepped the attack before using his sword to deflect the spear downwards.

ID: 19483 BD: 5 BD: 1

Kurou- 19/19

Goblin- 5/5

As the Goblins spear stuck into the ground after being deflected downward, Kurou realized that this was his opportunity to strike. Swinging his sword around on a horizontal plane, the strike was swift and fierce. Cutting the mob clean in half, it was only seconds until it burst into thousands of glimmering hexagonal shards. Dismayed to see that no loot had dropped, he determined that the goblin must not have been of a very high level. I did take it out in one hit after all he thought to himself. Opening his menu once again, Kurou was pleased to see that he had gained another level. Man, I seem to be progressing fast, two levels in two mobs.... Nice!

ID: 19484 BD: 10 MD: 4

Kurou- 19/19

Goblin- 0/5

Nearing the summit of the mountain, Kurou saw his first bird of prey up close. Watching as an eagle glided around over his head, it quickly looped around before landing in front of him. Not sure what the birds intentions were, Kurou drew his blade just to be on the safe side. Appearing annoyed or threatened the eagle let out a loud screech and flew forward towards him. Reacting quickly he quickly side step the bird as it reached out its talons before striking it violently with his sword. Watching as the bird fluttered around and struggled to stay in the air, Kurou felt his heart sink at the sight.

ID: 19493 BD: 8 MD: 1

Kurou- 19/19

Eagle- 15/20

Holstering his sword into its sheath on his back, Kurou carefully approached the eagle after watching it land softly on the ground. "Hey there birdy, I didn't mean to hit you that hard." Observing the birds reaction to what he was saying, the eagle appeared to be calm and no longer in pain. "There is really no reason for us to have to fight.. is there? We could be friends!" Feeling more comfortable with the situation, Kurou let his guard down further and outstretched his arms to the bird. Giving a calm howl, the bird suddenly lurched into the air without warning or hesitation. His sword holstered on his back, Kurou attempted to cover his face to protect himself from the birds talons. Unfortunately he ended up taking a decent amount of damage from the attack.

ID: 19495 BD: 3 MD: 9

Kurou- 17/19

Eagle 15/20

"Alright... Maybe I deserved that" he said to the bird while opening up his inventory, "But now we are even" Selecting the bread from his inventory, it was only a moment before it materialized in his hand. Tearing off a piece he threw it on the ground halfway between him and the bird. Watching closely as the bird flew over to it, it quickly devoured the piece before focusing its attention back on him. Tearing another piece, he again threw it halfway between them and watched as once again the bird approached and ate it. Holding what remained of the bread out towards the bird, he waited patiently to see if the bird would approach. As the bird gave another calm howl and took flight, Kurou didn't flinch or try to brace himself for an attack. Feeling the eagles talons softly rap around his armed, he was amazed that the bird had landed on him and began to peck at the bread. Stroking the birds neck he listened as the bird made a type of purring noise. "That's it little buddy, we could be a team."

Familiar Name: Justice

Familiar Type: Eagle

Floor Met on: Floor 7

Post number and ID: #15 and 19496

Roll: 20

Familiar Ability: Accurate(+1 BD)

ID: 19496 LD: 20

Hearing a commotion coming from a short distance away, both Kurou and the bird took off towards the sound of the noise. Upon emerging from around a large rock face, Kurou could see a goblin attempting to attack the nest of an eagle. Pulling out his sword he yelled out towards the beast "Oh no you don't!" He said as he ran full speed towards the mob. Swinging his blade at the goblin, he was unable to dissipate his momentum quickly enough and ended up missing his attack by a mile. Although the swing of his sword missed its target, he was able to throw the goblin off balance making it impossible for him to counter attack. Looking up into the sky, Kurou watched as the eagle he had befriended circled overhead, watching as the battle unfolded.

ID: 19497 BD: 1 MD: 5

Kurou- 17/19

Goblin- 11/11

Feeling a need to impress his audience as well as protect the birds. Kurou quickly through himself between the goblin and the nest. Raising his blade to block the massive two-handed sword this goblin happened to be wielding, He forced to get up close and personal with the monster when their blades colliding and they were forced into a shoving match. Pushing with all his strength, he felt his legs begin to shake under the wait of the goblin, or was it its breath? He thought to himself. Still able to find the humor in the situation, he drew strength from his moral and managed to push the mob back several feet. Grabbing his sword with two hands and holding it down out in front of him, he studied his opponent carefully in order to try and anticipate its next move.  As the goblin stepped forward once again, Kurou was too slow to react and was unable to stop the goblin from swinging his blade into his shoulder.

ID: 19499 BD: 4 MD: 6

Kurou- 16/19

Goblin- 11/11

Clutching his shoulder in pain, Kurou swung his sword widely at the goblin but was unable to connect on any of his attempts. Placing one hand on his knee while gripping his sword with the other. He panted heavily while trying to catch his breath. Jolting back up straight, the short pause in battle allowed him to recover just enough of his stamina to easily match the goblins attacking speed. Watching as sparks flew as their blades collided multiple time, Kurou new that this goblin had to be stronger then the other to he had faced while hiking up the mountain. Giving another quick glance to the sky, he noticed the eagle he had tried to befriend had flown away. "Hey!! Don't leave me!" Kurou called out hoping the bird was still in earshot.

ID: 19500 BD: 3 MD: 2

Kurou- 16/19

Goblin- 11/11

Dismayed that his audience had seemingly left, Kurou was still not about to give up the fight. Raising his sword, he swung it as hard as he could down vertically repeatedly. The goblin standing there with its blade horizontal blocking the attacks began to flinch as each blow connected with its blade. Frustrated by the players aggression, it grew angry and thrust it sword upward as the player began his next swing. The force of the swing this time reverberating back at him, Kurou lost his balance and was knocked back several feet. Beginning to become discouraged with the course the battle had appeared to be taking, Kurou started to wonder if he would ever land a hit.

ID: 19501 BD: 5 MD: 5

Kurou- 16/19

Goblin- 11/11

Beginning to loose the will to carry on and fight, Kurou was surprised when he heard a loud screech coming from behind him. Turning to see what it was, he was astonished to see the eagle he had interacted with before soar past him. Setting its sights on the goblin, the eagle scratched and stabbed its talons into its face ferociously. Swinging it's sword around in pure panic, it was obvious that the goblin had no idea what to do. Turning it's heels and running back down away from the summit, Kurou couldn't believe what he was seeing. After chasing away the mob, at least temporarily, the eagle came back and landed in front of him. "Thank you" he told the eagle "But why save me.... ? I thought you didn't like me".