[SP-F1] >>Earning A Living<<

Youno had been exploring around, and had passed by many shops on floor one. She passed by an NPC's blacksmithing shop, and she walked inside. She saw the NPC >Haina< cooling down a beautiful rapier. Haina looked up as Youno spoke, "I wish I could do something that good..." Haina instantly smiled, "You can! I will teach you!" Youno gave a giant smile, "Really???" Haina added, "Maybe I will help you open your own shop later as well!"

Youno instantly spoke, "Where do I begin?!?" She was so excited to start! Haina gave a chuckle, "Come over here..." Haina pulled out the iron ore they would smelt and use, and gave Youno and herself some. Youno smiled, "Show me what to do."

Haina gave a smile, her blue eyes sparkling, "First we need to smelt the ore into ingots like so." Haina showed Youno how to smelt the ore.

Youno attempted to smelt the ore, but she melted it to much, it turned into a big puddle of liquid, "I am so sorry Haina...." Haina frowned a bit, "That is unable to be salvaged, but don't worry! You are only just starting! You have a long ways to go!"

Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) die

Youno took the ore that Haina gave her, after her failed attempt, and tried to smelt it again. Upon pulling out the smelted ore, she gave a shriek of excitement at fining a perfect ingot. She hugged Haina, and jumped up and down with excitment. She then asked, "What do I do with it now?!?!" Haina gave a long chuckle, "You get to shape it... Here is one of the hardest parts of blacksmithing." She brought Youno to the anvil, so she could try and shape the ingot, "With that ore you can try to make a rapier, a dagger or a one handed long sword." Youno thought for a moment, "Can I make the easiest weapon, and then work my eay up, since these will be sold in your shop." Haina smiled, "Sure! I would say a dagger would be easiest." Youno thought for a moment.... "O-okay... I will try."

Youno put on a look of determination and grabbed the hammer, using it to pound into the ingot, a single bead of sweat dripped from her forehead. She suddenly got nervous and asked for help, Haini instantly came over and held onto Youno's hands, helping her make the dagger, Youno made the dagger, however it was not sharp!!! Youno frowned a bit, "That was good for your first time making a weapon!" Haini said, her face filled with pride. Youno nodded, "Let me try again!" Haini gave Youno an iron ingot this time instead of having Youno make it, "Try to make a dagger again." Youno nodded her head with confidence.

Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Youno started to hit the ingot but instantly scowled when it turned to flat, she remembered she could try and salvage it, so she tried her luck, upon salvaging the iron ingot she decided she would take a break, "Can you tell me more about the balcksmith thing, instead of just smithing?" He wasn't getting any experience, she was just learning how smithing worked. She handed Haini the iron ingot she salvaged and sat down. Haini gave her a cup of ice tea, she Youno sipped it gingerly... "of course I can tell you more!" haini said delighted.

Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Youno listened to Haina as she talked about smithing. Youno listened as Haina told her about how she started her shop, and she told her about the types of materials. She also told her of how once she was done training and became a blacksmith she would get materials and would be able to make her own stuff to sell, and possibly make her own ore! Youno was excited. She also listened to every blacksmith rumor. When they finished talking, Youno felt brave, "I want to try my luck." She was handed the salvaged ingot, and started to hammer it, her determination was great, and so she made the dagger. She made a sharp rare dagger. Haina was proud, and so was Youno.

Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Youno gave a large smile, "Now, come with me, we are going to pick a metal, and you tell me how to get it."

She pointed at a orange rusty ore, "Boars on floor one."

Haina gave a huge smile, "Correct! We are going to go and fight one now, just so you can see if you get the items."

Youno nodded her head, and with Haina's help, she walked out, she led her out of the safety of the town and into the fields, there was a boar nearby.

Boar 2/2 +3 base damage

Haina ?/? +? base damage

Hasai (Youno) 11/11 +5 base damage

The boar went first, it charged at Youno and made a successful hit, it hit her for 3 damage points. It retreated back, so it wouldn't be hit back. It let out a big snort and stamped its hoof, these people had stopped his eating, for that they would pay. Next time he attacked he would try to land a critical hit! He waited for Youno to react.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Boar 2/2

Haina ?/?

Youno 8/11

Youno smirked a bit, as ahe unsheathed her starter weapon, a rapier. She hadn't gotten a better one, but she sprinted forward, she jabbed at the boar, and dealt her base damage of 5. The boar collapsed and split into a million pieces.

The boar collapsed and a window popped up, telling Youno what she got, she got the special ore that she was told to get! <Simple Boar Ore>

She pumped her fist in the air and showed it to Hasai, Hasai smiled, "Good job! You are powerful!" Youno gave a giant smile, and followed Hasai back to her shop.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 13 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Now all Youno had to do was have Haina smelt the ore. Youno didn't want to mess up. "Can you smelt it Haina, i don't want to mess up." Haina shook her head no, "This is all part of training!" Youno frowned a bit and tried, her lack of faith was terrible and it made her unsure of her ability. This was not like her at all! She ended up messing up and she wasted the ore, she looked at Haina, "It is fine Hasai, we can go out and get more, this time we won't come back until we have at least 5." Youno nodded, "First drink this." She handed Youno a health potion. Youno drank it. She smiled as her health regenerated. Then they headed out on the field.

Hasai 11/11

Rolled a 4 in the d12 (craft) dice.