[SP-F1] <Blades of Dreams> (COMPLETE)

<Outside a new blacksmith shop on Floor 1>

Hmmm.....

He sticks his face to the display window pane. Inside, new display rack, containing few sharp, glistening swords line up in store. He stood there, watching every weapon like a child in toy store. A pair of eye in the shop doesn't stop him from continuing his childish behavior. The pair of eye stare at him long enough for him to finally return to his sense. He enter the shop in hopes of getting new, stronger sword than the one he currently have. Standing in front of a girl, who stare at him just now, he open his mouth to speak..

Can I......

Can you please stop your childish act just now? Acting like a kid is not proper for an adventurer. I'm tired of seeing people do the same thing in front of my store every week.

....meet.. Nevermind, found it. Sorry if I act like a kid just now. Anyway, what's the best sword for a budding adventurer?

Sword... For you... <wander around her shop, glancing through her weapon, take out a sword from display rack, show it to Luminous> this one should be perfect for you.

He take the sword from her hand and lift it. One does not have to be an experienced adventure to know that the sword in his hand can easily cut a boar to half. Returning the sword to her, he inhale and ask the most important question.

How much does the sword cost? 

1200 col. Oh, and no bargaining. My shop can't operate if I become kind-heart person all the time. Sorry.

..uh.. I understand that. No choice then, I'll come back here when I have the col. Until then.

..Well, if you want a new weapon that badly, and judging from your clearly depressed, sad and disappointed expression just now, I can help you forge the sword you want, for free.

..Sounds too good to be true, what's the catch?

You hunt the material I need for the weapon,easy. You can search for it easily throughout the plains, drop from the boar.

A drop from boar, an ore or something? Well I can do that.....yeah.

Doubt. Unsure. Can he survive the area outside the Town? No matter, for him the reward outweighs the risk. A confirmation window appear in front of him. Pressing the large blue button, the quest is now underway.

So this is a NPC shop eh.. not that I care... By the way, my name's Luminous.

My name is Sai. Nice to meet you.

He turn around and approach the door. Prolonging his stay in the shop won't help him complete the quest. He look back at the NPC girl, readying himself before going forth at his first quest.

Well, see you later. Pray for my safety will you?

The clanking sound of his armor accompany him throughout his journey towards the gate. He speeds up a little as finishing this quest as fast as he can would give him the peace his mind needed. Avoiding eye contacts with the passerby, he reach the gate in no time.

A step out of this gate would leave him unprotected by death. He hesitate a little, but reluctantly carry on his journey. He doesn't have to walk far to find his first boar. This is the first battle in this world. Surviving this battle would make him more stronger. Doubting his strength, he draw his sword from the back and face the enemy head on.

It's do or die...in this world..clearly the same way as the real world... In the end, I just run away to the wrong place,huh... 

ID 19611  BD: 8  MD: 7  

Two cold, sweaty hands grip on his sword. He hold the sword as firm as he can. Running towards the newly spawn boar without thinking much considered fatal move in this game. Not that he can do anything about it as he no warrior. Still, he try as best as he could, and that effort. is rewarded. He swing his sword down as hard as he can at the boar, red marks appear across its back. Damaging the boar successfully on his first, he soon receive his first wound in the game too.

Geh...it hurts..and I thought people fake their reaction when getting hist by this mobs...

Luminous attack!

A hit! -2 HP from Boar 

Boar attack!

A hit! -1 HP from Luminous

Luminous: 6/7

Boar: 1/3

ID 19632  BD: 10  MD: 5

He manage to stand firm after being tackle by a boar as big as his body. Holding his sword once more, he raise the sword high once more. Determined to finish the fight as the boar have been reduced to critical state, he run forward once more and swing it down. The sword land on its head, splitting it to half. Blue particle burst from the boar as it slowly disintegrate.

Hooray me, I survive the first battle... 

Luminous attack!

Critical hit! -4 HP from boar.

Boar eliminated.

Oh, I leveled up. Looks like the boar drop the quest material too.

He manage to get the material needed for his sword. However, forgetting how many he should get for this quest, he scroll through his HUD and open up the quest description. No quantities mention in the details. Scratching his head at this weird quest, he slide away the menu and look around. With a sigh, he walk around for the next boar.

I'll just get as many as I can from the boar, just to be safe. Weird how a quest can be this vague....bug problem?

Slowly walking away from the city, he see sights of other players battle with monsters. There might not be many of them, but it will be reassuring a little. Others have been slowly changing their attitude. Maybe staying inside the town all day without doing nothing bores them? Whatever their reasons, they fight for their lives and their freedom.

He stop walking. Being philosophic doesn't suit him. He smile a little, reminding himself he can be a philosopher in town and not in monster area. To confirm that, blue particles merge together and spawn a boar. Feeling a little calm, he hold his sword with his right hand. From now, he have to practice swinging his sword like a real adventurer.

ID 19635  BD: 9  MD: 2

Remembering the words of the girl he met yesterday in town would be his first move. Something like 'let the sword guide your hand' or something. He doubt that a sword can guide him in fighting this beast, but that's all he have for the short combat tutorial. He look straight at the boar as it charge at him.

No choice here...!

He raise his sword high while closing his eyes as fear attacks him. Swinging the sword down, the feeling can be described as, fluid. It seems to be more precise, stronger and faster. He blinks as the boar run past him, direction changed due to the red mark on its right eye. 

I can do this. Yeah, combat in this world can be done by kids if swinging sword would be this easy.

Luminous attack!

Critical hit! -3 HP from boar.

Boar attack!

Miss!

Luminous: 9/9

Boar: 1/4

ID 19638  BD: 6  MD: 9

He feel the handle in his right hand, confirming the sword in his hand the only savior he have now. Usually he becomes overconfident when fighting weak mobs in RPG as he master the control and basics of combat procedure. Here, he struggle to stay alive in a battle against weak mob, mastering the combat moves here would be a long road ahead. A level 2 monster can be deadly, and the thought of something that ridiculous happening right now in this game would be no laughing matter.

The boar turn around and dash once more at him. Disrupting his thought train, his concentration return once more to his battle. Slowly getting closer, the menace dead set in taking down its enemy. Luminous run towards the boar and lunge forward. The sword went through easily, and the HP slowly decrease until it hits the bottom. Surviving the second battle, he lets out a sigh of relief. 

Luminous attack!

A hit! -2 HP from boar.

Boar eliminated.

ID 19640  BD: 1  MD: 1

Another level. This will raise my survival chance a little.. No material drop though..

Lingering around the area for a while, he doesn't found any boar. He retrace his step back near the gate towards the Town. A boar just spawn from thin air, as if waiting for him. By now, he can fight normally eventhough his steps and swings can be called messy. Beginner's trial, nothing too hard for him as long as he take it slowly. He  wait a little to see if there's other player want to take his prey. Satisfied that there's no one near, he run forward like a mad man.

Closing in on the boar, he jump up and swing his sword down. A rather bold move for someone who just learn how to swing. He miss his target and land on the grass near the startled boar. Quickly he stand up and distant himself from the boar. The boar miss its chance on attacking him, a lucky chance for Luminous to strike back.

Luminous attack!

Miss!

Boar attack!

Miss!

Luminous: 11/11

Boar: 5/5

ID 19641  BD: 8  MD: 2

Not wanting to repeat the same mistake, he went for the basic downswing. Nodding to himself, he's ready to take down the boar in front of him. Charging forward, he raise his sword midway through, dropping it down when he gets near the boar. Deep, red mark appear, reducing its HP to near half. He run straight pass the boar before the boar can even retaliate.

Luminous attack!

A hit! -2 HP from boar!

Boar attack!

Miss!

Boar: 3/5

ID 19653  BD: 8  MD: 2

Stopping himself from running too far, he push his feet to the ground. Quickly turn around, he stumble forward a little due to him executing a quick move he unused too. Despite that, he manage to stabilize himself and push forwards. 

His sword seeks its target, and Luminous make it possible. Thrusting his sword forward, he stab through the boar from its back. The beast shriek, reaching the critical state. He pull his sword out, and run past it again as soon as the boar turn around to face him. Facing a not so smart opponent, he smile as his slowly diminishing confidence slowly returning.

Luminous attack!

A hit! -2 HP from boar.

Boar attack!

Miss!

Boar: 1/5

ID 19656  BD: 9  MD: 10

Die...

Going for the same move he did earlier, he turn around to face the boar. This time, no more hesitation in his eyes. His journey in this world will be a new beginning. Sure, he may escape to place way crueler than reality, but if he can survive from this place there's no doubt he can be stronger and be more confidence with himself in the real world. No more over analyzing people, no more judging, no more drama, no more doubting people.

I need to survive....!

He might be wrong as it's a naive thinking. However, an ideal in this death game can motivate him. That way he won't resolve for a quick solution of way out from this game.

Die...!

The sword slice through the boar as if it's a paper. Luminous put strength into it, pushing the sword further and further until he push it through the other side of the boar. Bursting into particle, he sit on the ground with satisfied face. He breath heavily, but it worth the trouble.

Luminous attack!

Critical hit! -3 HP from boar.

Boar eliminated.

Whoa, went a little overboard there. Looks like I got worked up a bit.

Scratching the back of his head, he chuckle at his out of characteristic behavior just now. Too much thinking can lead him astray. He close the reward info. In his inventory, he have 2 material needed for quest. His eyes wander around, searching for the next boar.

I'd rather talk with someone right now...sigh. Hang in there, me. The reward for this quest will make you happy.

Finished talking to himself, he continue his journey. 

Not so many player here right now...

He can count the number of players in the field with his fingers compared to when he begin his first fight. They could have gone back, but he didn't any groups pass by him earlier. He grows a little discomfort, not wanting to stay longer outside Town. Still, 2 materials wouldn't be enough for anyone to craft a sword.

Up ahead, a boar sniff around with its burly nose. He approach the boar, sword ready by his side. Initiating the battle, both face each other. Luminous place the sword at his shoulder, preparing himself for the boar to make its move. 

ID 19657  BD: 2  MD: 3

His swords becomes the extension of his right arm. Sharper, faster all the while deadly. Luminous run as soon as the boar charge at him. With a loud scream, he swing his sword from right to left right after he lift it from his shoulder. The attack miss the boar, not reaching the boar as he wanted. However, the boar tackle the flat side of the sword, defending him from being attacked. Both stagger backwards a few steps.

Luminous attack!

Miss!

Boar attack!

Miss!

ID 19658  BD: 5  MD: 1

Luminous becomes a little aggressive. Going defensive will become useless for him as he can't defend himself properly without mastering the movement. He swing his sword wildly as he get closer to the boar. He manage to push the boar away at the same time giving it no chance in attacking him.

He quickly gets tired from swinging his sword randomly. He circle the boar, making sure he can react to its attack while he catch his breath. His attack just now doesn't do him any good as he didn't land a single blow.

Luminous attack!

Miss!

Boar attack!

Miss!

ID 19660  BD: 6  MD: 9

Seconds pass by, tension fills the air as Luminous keep circling around it. His heart starts to beat normally, lungs doesn't feel as heavy as before. Taking that as his cue, he lunge forward, aiming its side. His sword digs through the flesh, red particles flow out from the wound. 

Not too happy in getting assaulted, the beast flail wildly. Luminous pull away his sword quickly, but due to the boar flailing he fell to the ground. The boar ram his side as try to recover from his fall, throwing him away. He held tight to his sword, not wanting to let it go.

Damn it....!

Luminous attack!

A hit! -2 HP from boar.

Boar attack!

Critical hit! -2 HP from Luminous.

Luminous: 9/11

ID 19661  BD: 1  MD: 6

Cough...cough... that hurts... 

The boar manage to land a direct hit at his side. In reality, one will crack a bone or two, or worse, die. Luminous struggle, he try to stand up to defend himself from the boar. Sadly enough, he took too long to stand up. The boar charge at him once more, tackling him full frontal.

Using his sword, he embedded it into the ground and held it tight. He manage to avoid getting thrown away. Still, the fact he have been hit twice doesn't seem to be a good situation. The boar clearly gain the upper hand in this battle. His breathing become rugged. 

Luminous defend!

Unsuccessful defend.

Boar attack!

Luminous: 8/11

ID 19663  BD: 3  MD: 8

Damn you... you'll pay for that....!

Despite saying that, he can't muster enough strength to strike back for now. He stand up, wobbling a little from being hit twice in a row. His HP now near its way into the yellow zone. He ignore it for now, as distracting himself would result in him getting hit hard again.

He shift his strategy to full defense. He need to recover his strength for him to be able to fight back and being defensive will help him do that, even if he can't properly defend himself. As the boar charge at him. He held his sword with both hands, receiving the attack head one. He manage to reduce the pain a little, but his health still reduce.

Luminous defend!

Boar attack!

Luminous: 7/11