[SP-F6] The Gemini (Complete)

Helios stared at the massive ruins that he had finally found. He had been searching through the jungles of Floor 7 for a whole day before finally discovering it. While exploring, he had escaped various monsters that inhabited the jungle, and had even climbed a tree to save himself from a tiger. The black-haired boy wiped the sweat off his forehead and walked up the stairs into the temple. It was a lot darker than he expected it to be and there were cobwebs everywhere. He ventured deeper into the quiet, ruined building. Inside, there wasn’t a single sound. He couldn’t even hear a mouse run across the floor. It was completely empty of any forms of life. Then, he heard something ahead of him. It sounded like… a voice. No, it wasn’t just “a voiceâ€. It sounded like his voice! Helios withdrew his sword and curiously walked towards the voice. At the end of the temple there was a door that looked like it lead to another room. He cautiously turned the doorknob and opened the door.

All there was in the room was a wooden chair. But sitting in the chair was a man in some sort of robe that covered his entire body. The man was facing the opposite direction from Helios, so he couldn’t tell who it was. He then stood up from the chair and turned around to face Helios. The boy stared him down, filled with courage, and waited to see what his plan was. “Well!†the man exclaimed, “Look who it is. Helios!†Helios was confused. The strange man somehow knew his name. It must’ve been someone he knew. It was probably Calrex trying to scare him or something. “Who are you?†he asked the mysterious figure. His only response was laughter, like it was an obvious answer or something. “Oh, Helios, you know who I am!†he stated, pulling off his hood. His eyes grew wide. “You-you’re me…?†Helios asked, confused. His mind immediately went blank. How did they look exactly the same?

He then noticed something. The copy was holding a short sword, not a scimitar. It was at that moment that Helios had realized they weren't the same person. “No, you’re not me. You’re just a copy of me. I’m probably not the first one you’ve tried to trick either. I’m going to ask you again. Who are you?†he asked, his courage coming back to him. “Well, that was fast. It normally takes them a little longer to realize that. You are correct, I’m not you. I am The Gemini.†The figure said, raising his short sword. Both The Gemini and Helios grinned at the same time. “Let’s have a duel, shall we?†The Gemini chuckled. Helios nodded as he pressed the "Accept" button on the request. As the timer reached zero, Helios lunged at his opponent, but the clone swiftly blocked the attack. The Gemini tried to slash at him but Helios ducked the attack. Helios had already decided it would be a tough fight to win. They were almost exactly the same, of course! It was like they could read each other's movements.

ID: 19818

BD: 1

MD: 5

Helios: 17/17

The Gemini: 17/17

Helios swung his sword at his look-alike, but The Gemini leaped away. The clone sprinted towards him and attempted to jab him with the hilt of his short sword. He evaded the strike and glared at The Gemini. "What a drag. I can't land a single hit on you." he said, sighing. His clone laughed hysterically. He swung his sword around carelessly as he grinned at Helios. "Alright, Helios. Let's both use all of the strength we've got!" he exclaimed, cheerfully. He grinned, thinking of a plan. Although The Gemini was probably thinking the same thing as him, or at least something similar, he had to try something. If only I could use my katana... he thought. Helios instantly sprung towards his "twin" attempting to stab him. The copy grinned, raising his sword.

ID: 19831

BD: 5

MD: 3

The Gemini: 17/17

Helios knew his plan was going to work. Right before he was in range of The Gemini he came to a stop, rotated, and slashed at the clone. He'd managed to land a hit! He grinned, but his counterpart quickly tried to stab him back. Helios easily dodged the attack, since The Gemini was injured and had lost stamina for a moment. The clone had fallen over on his back. "Well, looks like you got me. But i'm nowhere near defeated." he stated, standing back up. He raised his sword and the two of them dashed toward each other. I'm not losing this fight... I'd feel so stupid if I lost to myself... he thought, raising his sword and grinning. "I'm going to win!" he shouted.

ID:

BD: 6(Hit)

MD: 2(Miss)

The Gemini: 15/17

The swords made a clashing sound as they met. Helios ducked The Gemini's attack, but completely missed his own. His only thought was how annoying the fight would be. He still didn't know if this copycat had the same skills he did, and the only way he'd figure that out is if he was damaged. I think i'm better off not knowing anything about him... All I need to think about now is how I can defeat him... he thought. Helios leaned over slightly, as he was slowly getting tired of charging at The Gemini so many times. He stood up straight and sighed, once again lifting his scimitar. "Well, Gemini, Let's finish this as fast as possible." he chuckled.

ID: 19921

BD: 2(Fail)

MD: 2(Fail)

The Gemini: 15/17

Helios was shocked when The Gemini's sword sliced his arm. It had been a long time since he'd been in combat, so he wasn't used to the feeling of being injured. He jumped back a little and swung his curved sword, hitting The Gemini in the hip. He winced and stumbled backwards, but quickly regained balance and began to rush back at him. Helios evaded his attack and tripped him. "Was that really necessary?" he groaned. He stood back up and caught his breath. "What's the matter, Gemini? You look like you've gotten a little bit nervous." Helios chuckled. It was true, The Gemini did look extraordinarily nervous. He was losing the fight of course! But it couldn't have been the first time he'd lost a deathmatch, so why was he so scared of being defeated? He stared at the copy-cat and studied him, determined to answer his question.

ID: 20071

BD: 10 (Crit +2)
MD: 9 (Crit +1)

Helios: 15/17

The Gemini: 11/17

His sword sliced through The Gemini's arm as Helios swung it. This just gets easier and easier. he thought, grinning widely. This time, the monster cloned to look like him didn't even try to attack him. "Well, Helios, I hope I've put up a good enough fight. You were a lot stronger than I had anticipated" he said, out of breath. He sat down and gestured for Helios to take a seat with him. Cautiously, he sat down. With the amount of health he had left, he couldn't think of trying to pick a fight with him, even if he wasn't expecting it. "How about we take a break from all of this fighting and talk?" the copy proposed. He couldn't think of any reason not to trust him so he went ahead and nodded, signifying his agreement. The Gemini looked at him and chuckled. "You know, you're an incredible swordsman for your level." he said, complimenting the black-haired lad.

ID: 20445

MD: 2 (Fail)

Helios: 15/17

The Gemini: 7/17

"Well, Helios, let me tell you my story. I have fought many players and I rarely win! So I was hoping I would get lucky this time around and defeat you. Of course, it doesn't look like that'll happen now, does it?" he said, with a snakelike smile. At that point, Helios realized what his clone was doing. He had been a complete idiot! The reason he had sat down to "talk" was to stall until he had more health. Both of them jumped to their feet at the same time and crossed blades once again. The Gemini didn't seem surprised that his plan had failed, but it didn't look like it bothered him. The NPC struck Helios with the butt of his sword and swiftly slashed him. Luckily the boy had managed to land a hit on his clone before falling over.

ID: 20496

BD: 7 (Hit)

MD: 10 (Crit +2)

Helios: 12/17

The Gemini: 6/17

All Helios could do was laugh. "You think you can kill me? I'm the great Helios!" he chuckled, not trying to stand up. He was aware that he wasn't a very strong player, but he said it anyway. Swiftly, he pounced on The Gemini and slashed his chest. The noirette grinned as he watched his clone tumble over in pain. Or at least some pain, as it was reduced when the game was released. The Gemini got back on his feet and laughed. "I'm not done yet!" he grinned. Helios and The Gemini were so much alike, and it wasn't because one was a clone of the other. Neither of them gave up, even though one was computer generated. It felt like he was dueling a real player.

ID: 20714

BD: 9 (Crit +1)
MD: 5 (Miss)

The Gemini: 3/17

"Time to end this!" he shouted, as he lunged towards his artificial clone. The Gemini looked at him and smiled, almost as if he was saying it was a good fight. Helios slashed the copy and watched as it shattered into a million pieces. He sheathed his sword and nodded. "It was a good fight, wasn't it, Gemini?" he chuckled. He looked in his skills list and noticed a new skill had been added. "Concentration..." he mumbled. He walked towards the door he had came through and began to leave the ancient building. That was certainly an interesting duel. I just fought against myself. he thought, scratching the back of his head.

ID:20825

BD: 9 (Crit +1)
LD: 6 (Gained Concentration)

The Gemini: 0/17

He arrived at the entrance of the temple and walked down the stairs. Swiftly, he stopped, hearing something coming from a bush in front of him. All of the sudden, he realized what it was. "God dammit... I thought I got away from you." he muttered, sighing. He quickly pulled out his curved sword and got ready as the tiger walked out from behind the bush. "Well. We meet again, tiger." he said proudly. He was fairly low on HP, but the tiger still had less than him, so he thought he'd be okay. He pointed the sword at the wild animal and grinned. "Come at me, beast!" he shouted at the tiger, hoping to scare it. The mob was completely unaffected by his shouting and roared back at him, looking quite angry.

Tiger: 9/9

Base Damage = 2

The tiger hastily attempted to pounce on the boy, but with his luck, he managed to get out of the way. He sprinted towards the beast and slashed it, getting a critical hit off the start. He grinned leaping away from the animal. The tiger wasn't an exceptionally powerful mob, so Helios felt like he had a good chance against it. He laughed at the tiger. "Is that all you've got, beast?" he grinned. He could end it any minute, if he was lucky enough to get another critical strike. Opening his skills menu, he quickly turned on his new <<Concentration>> skill. Then, he rushed the wild animal, strafing it in a zigzag pattern Get ready, tiger. I'm about to win!

ID: 20839

BD: 10 (Critical Hit +2)
MD: 5 (Miss)

Helios: 13/17

Tiger: 5/9

Base Damage = 2

The tiger's reflexes didn't seem to be as good as Helios's. The black-haired boy jumped up and sliced the beast once more. He was lucky he'd activated his new found skill, because if he didn't, he would've missed. The tiger roared in what looked like pain, but could have easily been anger as well. The animal sprinted towards Helios and attempted to bite him, but had completely missed due to it's lack of stamina. "This is too easy." he chuckled, waiting for the tiger to attack. Helios wanted to see if his opponent could land a single hit on him, so he studied it carefully, watching it's every move.

ID: 20840

BD: 6+1=7

MD: 1

Tiger: 4/9

Base Damage = 2

The tiger rushed Helios head on and, of course, it missed once again. Helios had easily gotten out of the way of it's attack. It's either I've gotten really good, or this tiger is just really, really bad. At this point, he decided he was going to win anyway, and tried something stupid. Helios sprinted towards the man-eating beast head on, the same way it did to him. Unfortunately, he ended up slipping on the ground, that was for some reason wet, and flew head first over the tiger. The computer generated animal looked up at the same time the noirette looked down. Before he gotten eaten by the tiger, he safely made his landing and rolled out of the way. "Well, that was close. Never doing that again." he laughed, scratching the back of his head.

ID: 20842

BD: 1

MD: 4

Tiger: 4/9

Base Damage = 2

Without warning the large tiger pounced on it's prey. It managed to land a powerful hit by clawing Helios. The over-sized cat had the black-haired young man pinned down. The boy closed his eyes as the tiger roared in his face, forcing him to smell it's terrible breath. "That's disgusting. Alright, it's time to end this!" he shouted, impaling the tiger through the heart, killing it. He watched as it exploded into shiny pieces, like The Gemini did earlier. He laid there, tired of fighting monsters, and yawned. A pop-up opened, signaling his victory. "Well, looks like I leveled up. A little bit of Col too." he mumbled, pressing the "Okay" button. He got up and wandered through the jungle some more.

ID: 20851

MD: 9 (Crit +1)

Helios: 9/17

Tiger: 0/9

After strolling through the jungle for a while, he came across a large pool of water. It was kind of like a lake, but a little bit too small to be compared to that. He sat down by the water and opened his inventory. "Might as well eat something." he smiled, equipping a small loaf of bread. He took a bite out of the loaf and watched the water. In the water, there was a large, dark spot that seemed to be circling him. Helios looked up to see if there were any shadows that could have made it, and saw a big bird. "Already? Are you kidding me?" he groaned. From what he knew about birds, which was next to nothing, it was an parrot and it wanted to eat him. The weirdest part was, it was a lot bigger than any parrots he'd seen in the real world and normally they don't want to eat you. Normally. He noticed that he was still in the jungle. "Why is there a parrot that big!?" he shouted, trying to figure out what Kayaba was thinking when he made SAO. It was probably something along the lines of: "Hey, guys, I just thought of something! Let's put giant parrots in a jungle so they can fight Helios!".

Giant Parrot: 9/9

Base Damage: 1

The parrot swiftly swooped down at Helios, trying to grab him with it's claws. He moved out of the way just in time as the large bird swooped by, just barely scratching him. It was fast, much faster than the tiger. Before the bird could fly back up, the noirette slashed it's back, damaging it slightly. He was centimeters away from missing it, but he was lucky enough to hit it with the help of his new skill. The parrot flew back up to the sky, where Helios couldn't hit it and made a screeching sound. It was actually a little bit terrifying, looking at the winged giant up close. It was almost the size of Helios and it looked like it could rip him apart in seconds.

ID: 20852

BD: 6+1=7 (Hit)

MD: 6 (Hit)

Helios: 9/19

Giant Parrot: 7/9

Once again, the bird swooped down, gliding through the air, and attempted to claw him again. This time, Helios saw it coming and easily dodged the attack. The parrot looked angry, which he'd thought he'd never have to see. Angry parrots can be the most horrifying thing you have ever seen. Nightmares can be made from those demonic creatures. He attempted to stab the monster, which was kind of stupid due to scimitars being slashing weapons, but completely missed his target. "Well, looks like this won't be an easy fight. Stupid bird, don't you know I can't fly!" He exclaimed, hoping the bird would fly down so he could hit it.

ID: 20853

BD: 3+1=4 (Fail)
MD: 1 (Critical Fail)

The parrot didn't seem to learn it's lesson. It tried the same attack again, and once again missed. Helios had started to expect that attack, which could either be good or bad on his behalf. If he was to jump out of the way when he thought the bird was going to swoop down, it might turn and hit him, expecting him to move out of the way. Of course, the bird might not be smart enough to do that, and it might miss again and again until the young man defeated it. Helios decided to try chasing it while it was low enough to the ground and hitting it with his sword. He sprinted towards the bird like an idiot and swung at it. Just as he thought, the parrot flew up instead of stopping for the boy to kill it. He sighed and stopped running, as he looked up, curious to what his opponent would do next.

ID: 20855

BD: 3+1=4 (Fail)
MD: 1 (Critical Fail)