[SP-F6] [Quest] The Gemini

<<The Gemini>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6

This quest is not repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark.

YuUVe9a.jpg?1

An NPC with no name appears before you when you are adventuring. He challenges you to a friendly duel and promises magnificent rewards if you win. However, once you begin the duel, you realize that it is a duel to the death! His name appears and he is revealed to be the Gemini, and then he transforms into you. He has the same HP and skills as you. If you win the duel and kill the Gemini, you gain the skill of <<Concentration>> if you roll a 1-17 on your loot die at the end of the battle. This adds a +1 to the attack it is used for, but has a 5 turn cooldown period. If you roll and 18-20, you can the <<Disguise>> skill. It temporarily transforms you into the other player, giving you a +1 on your combat die and them a -1 on their next action. It only during your and his turn, and can only be used once every twelve turns.

Good luck Players!

Requirements:

-RP must be at least [2]  (21 or more posts)

-This RP is SP only

-Must defeat Gemini

Gemini Information:

The Gemini has all your skill levels and your HP, but he does not have your equipment. This is to make this battle less of a stand off for tanks and high damage dealers looking to complete this quest.

Rewards:

1. You will be gifted with the extra skill <<Concentration>> if your final post completing the battle has a loot die roll of 1-17, or <<Disguise>> if your loot die roll is 18-20.
  2. You will gain 3 Skill Points

This RP is SP only
Recommended Level: 6

Justin had made it to the sixth floor, currently the highest level floor that he had been to. After the blazing heat of the desert on the floor below, he figured it was time to check out some of the others. Though his goal here wasn’t sightseeing, it certainly was a beneficial feature of taking the time to do so. The real reason he had come here was for something of far more value or at least he had hoped that was the actual case. He had heard rumors spreading about a NPC that could be challenged here, rewarding the player with ‘immeasurable’ and ‘priceless’ loot if they were strong enough to defeat him. While he was never able to get the specifications on where the NPC could be found or what kind of power the NPC had, he figured it would be a worthwhile trip since he had been informed countless times that the townfolk in this game couldn’t kill players. Most of them weren’t even capable of attacking, but as players told him time and time again, they weren’t cold-blooded killers.

He waddled about the floor in hopes that someone here would be knowledgeable enough to know the location of such an important and notable NPC, especially if Justin wasn’t the first one to come and seek it. He would approach the players that he stumbled upon and most of them didn’t happen to know what he was talking about, saying that they were only here for training or for some of the various types of food available on this floor. However, before he had the chance to leave the useless players, they’d always beg the question of what he was talking about and pester him about the specifics. Surely, it wouldn’t hurt to tell them, but he’d be damned if he was going to miss the opportunity to find this NPC if it was one of those limited time sort of deals. A few players had begun creeping after him, in hopes that they’d eventually be able to trail him to the source of this important find, but he’d give them the slip after rushing down a few alleyways.

After exiting the last alley, he’d finally decided to change the pace of things and ask some of the NPCs that wandered this floor endlessly. They were generally set up to say a variety of miscellaneous or helpful dialogue, which meant it could bring about a leading tip of where this NPC could possibly be. Making his way into an artisan shop, a warm and friendly welcome would be thrown out for the world to hear, “Welcome, young traveler! How may I be of service to you?†Closing the door shut behind him, he’d approach the shopkeeper, “Hey there, bud. I got a quick question for you.†He wanted to insure the shopkeeper would answer his question prior to stating that he didn’t want to buy anything, it was better than risking the info and getting a solid boot out the door, “Oh, of course! What is the question?†He leaned in close over the counter, hoping that the other players browsing the shop wouldn’t overhear on the conversation, “Yeah, I heard there’s an NPC here that gives players big rewards. I just want to know where I could find the NPC.â€

Almost as if out of a comedy drama, the NPC laughed and scratched the back of his head while speaking loud enough for everyone in the store to hear, “I’m afraid that what you’re looking for isn’t real, lad!†A few of the players looked over their shoulders at the suddenly loud dialogue, but dismissed it with little care soon after, “Look, I’ve heard players talking about how they’ve witnessed, and some have fought, this particular NPC that walks on this floor. While I might not believe one or two players that could be in cahoots, I have to say that such a multitude of players saying the same thing must have at least some merit to it.†Justin wasn’t upset, but he was a little surprised with how blunt it came off, but the shopkeeper didn’t mind it, “Well, I personally have no clue about it and telling me your situation will not make me come up with any bright ideas. If you really insist on such an NPC existing, perhaps you could check in with the Innkeeper down the road. She’s more knowledgeable about these trivial matters.â€

Justin was a little more hopeful, it was a lead if nothing else, “Thanks for the tip, see ya.†He hurried outside, leaving no time for the shopkeeper to catch Justin’s attention, “Wait, don’t you want to buy someth-“ The door silently closed, removing the loud and audible sound of the shopkeeper’s voice from outside the shop. He began to jog, not wanting to waste any further time on figuring the situation at hand out, “Well, might not amount to anything more than another NPC claiming it’s not real, but at least it’s better than these useless rumors I’ve been hearing.†Avoiding players that were lounging about on such a seemingly lazy afternoon, he would eventually make it to the inn. It looked pretty rough, showing signs of wear and tear with a certain lack of care for the structure’s appearance, “I wonder if the man was just trying to get me out of his shop…†He tried to open the door, but he would find out it was locked from the inside, “Anyone in there?†He knocked three times, hoping someone would answer, but it was absolutely quiet.

He hadn’t heard the footsteps, but he was surprised when the door handle twisted on its own, slowly creaking open to reveal the interior of the shop. It was rustic and the wood flooring looked untrustworthy in its stability, “Hello?†Nobody stood in front of the door and he wasn’t sure if he was imagining things or if somebody was messing with him, “HELLO?†Raising his voice, he could hear a soft spoken curse from another room, “Damn kids these days… HOLD ON!†He was surprised that the voice flowing outside to him was that of an old, raspy woman’s, but the variety of NPCs in this world was completely astounding. After a few seconds of impatiently waiting, the old hag would cross her arms as she occupied the space of the doorway, “What do you want… Juzt?†It was kind of creepy knowing that the NPCs knew players’ names prior to being told, but Justin kind of expected it, “Oh, I was just wanting to clear up some of the rumor’s that had be-“

Before he had a chance to finish, the lady would let out a hasty humph and shake her head, “All those players are WRONG! Why would… argh…†She seemed so very frustrated that such a rumor existed and likely she had been directed players before, considering that the artisan shop was the first location that he went to and was instantly sent over here, “I don’t know anything about it, that’s why I wanted to some more details and figure out where the NPC is. The Artisan down the road told me to come see you and see what you knew about it.†She grunted, cursing the artisan under her breath before exiting the shop and locking the Inn behind her, “Follow me, Juzt. I can’t believe the insufferable fool is still sending players to ask me about this silly myth.†Justin would easily accept a short journey, considering that it sounding like she knew what she was talking about, “Well, why do you think he keeps sending players to you? Why did he even start in the first place?â€

“Why the hell would I know!?†She raised her voice at Justin’s transparent questions, not letting any information leak out, “The idiot has been doing it since the start!†She kept walking, cane in one hand, in a hurried pace. It was almost as if she was trying to outrun Justin while walking, though it didn’t prove to be of any success if that was the case. “Well… What do you know?†The woman seemed a little less tempered over such a plain question as this, “It started back when the players flooded this place, everyone was trying to become strong and powerful. Before long, they had reached this floor and…†The lady went on a rather lengthy and useless spiel about the player’s involvement on this floor and their affixation on creating the rumor that there was such a special NPC on this floor that was capable of making their dreams come true, “Now, the nimrod sends players to my place because he doesn’t want to be bothered by it!†They had finally made it to a lake outside of the city, where the old lady sat on a bench and pulled out some bread, throwing it to the ducks floating around.

While it was disappointing to find out that the rumors that the players were spreading about on the lower floors were false, it was quite nice to get a heads up on why everything had been spread out the way it was. He didn’t get the opportunity to get all those promising treasures the rumors had spoken about, but he had a nice walk and the whole story behind it was pretty interesting, if not a little biased against players in general, “I can’t believe it all went down like that, it’s a little crazy if you ask me.†The only thing he could really compare it to in the real world was something like that of the illuminati; something incredibly powerful that didn’t exist, but kept people holding on to the dream as if it actually did. The old woman laughed as she finished feeding the ducks the small chunks of bread she had brought, “Players have always been foolish, right from the get go.†She took a cold stare at the lone player in front of him, “I mean, seriously… If I waltzed up to you and said, ‘I have something of immense value, but you’d have to fight me for it,’ would you accept such an unbelievable challenge?â€

Justin considered it for a moment, thinking about how silly it would be to fight an old woman, even if it was hypothetical, “Of course, I wouldn’t think twice about it. Think about it for a moment, a low leveled player that’s been offered something great enough that it could allow them to close the gap between me and the higher leveled players? I’d accept that any day!†She laughed again before standing up, leaning heavily on the cane, “I really thought you were different, Juzt.†The laughter had died and her lips had furled downwards in anger, “You could have been smart, but you aren’t. You’re just an imbecile looking to trade his life for a shot at something of mere value. Power or riches, it’s all the same!†Picking up the cane in one hand, she wielded it much like he did his spear when he was getting ready for combat, “Well, since you’re foolish enough to take on such a challenge, there’s no way I could decline such an easy victory!†A laughter begin to fill the air, but it wasn’t the old lady’s, it was his own.