[PP:FL1] So Here We Are (Tryst) COMPLETE

After the initial shock of realizing that he was now irrevecably stuck in this game, Escher headed for the nearest tavern and began drinking whatever it was they offered him.  He knew very little about this game, well now his life, and as such Escher was determining the best way to come to terms with this.  The wall he'd beaten with his fists immediately after the realization lay stubbornly in one piece and his knuckles now sported some brusing and cuts from his outburst over his new predicament, so he was now in Phase Two: Acceptance.  This involved some measure of alcohol and he was set on getting started with that before he had to formulate a plan or something.

Although staying put and drinking didn't seem to be out of bounds for this.  He could be the town drunk or something.

But then there was his whole life he'd worked for back at home... family, college, career, girlfriend he hadn't been too good to since leaving for Japan.  Eh, it was all pointless to think about unless he could figure this out.  Anger towards the game wasn't going to help so he'd have to figure out how to live (or die) in this stupid world.

Rolling his empty shot glass around, Escher looked up and then pulled back slightly as he noticed a slighlty familiar face looking pointedly down at him.

So far, Tryst hadn't gotten far. Like not at all. She was sort of surprised that she had been holding up well, all things considered, but she had not made progress within the game at all. Honestly she'd been worried about leaving town; she heard players died. And while that didn't scare her, the young woman was just unsure as to what to do. Nena had never before played an RPG in her life. She only got the damned game and Nervegear after having won it during the wet t-shirt contest at the club one night; and she only tried the game out of curiosity, and because of that curiosity, she was now stuck in a virtual reality. She needed someone to help her; someone who could show her how to hold her damn sword and fight.  

But who? 

Nena scanned the tavern she sat in looking for someone, anyone she could talk to about these things. She spotted someone roughly, her age and she smiled " He'll do..." She said and walked over to his table. The guys at his table alone and twirling an empty glass upon it. She looked down at him and the spoke clearly. 

"Buy me a drink," she said as she sat down beside him and smiled. 

Sienna was a rather pretty young woman, so she was quite used to her requests like this being fulfilled without question. 

Buy HER a drink?  Heh, no.

Escher grinned charmingly, but shook his head no.  "Sorry loff, I'm empty on my own. How about you-"  Just as he was about to mention that she looked far more likely to be a waitress and that it was now her duty to provide said beverage, something clicked.  Those eyes, that hair... those lips.

"Wait a minute."

Sitting up quickly, Escher ran a hand through his hair and evaluated her features.  "I know you."  Somehow, somewhere, he remembered her from his "real" life.  Instantly, he pushed the shot glass away and contemplated the connection.  "No really, I do.  We've met before.  I just can't place it."  Maybe this was it!  This was what he needed to get started on either being the town drunk or figuring his way out of this mess.  Although to be fair, she didn't look terribly capable but at least he knew it was someone that probably wanted to get back to her previous life.

Hopefully?

"Do you … know me?" Tryst repeated in surprise. 

She had no idea if she knew this guy or not. To be honest, he looked a bit familiar, but she couldn't place from where. "Oh... I work at Soineya in Tokyo.. .you know.. .the cuddle café? Maybe you've come see me there. I'm rather popular, especially with gaijin, I guess I remind them of their girlfriends back home or something." She laughed and smiled. 

The young woman took a seat at the table and then looked at the guy in front of her trying to see if she could place the face, but came up blank. "So what do they call you?" She asked him. "I'm Tryst..." She leaned against the table resting her face upon her hands as she looked at the brunette.  

Was it impolite to laugh at the one familiar face he couldn't place when she mentioned working at a cuddle cafe?  Escher was definitely more than aware that Tokyo housed a LOT of different things that were new and yes, odd, to him but the idea of a cuddle cafe just made him want to snort.

So he did.

"Uh no, definitely not the cuddle cafe."  He picked up his shot glass once more and sighed sadly.  Why couldn't they be in some game where drinks magically refilled themselves?  How DID he get money anyhow?  The idea that he didn't even really know where to go if he left this tavern was utterly depressing.  He really needed more to drink.  The concept of how little (or much) money he had didn't seem to matter to him right then as he requested another drink and with a resigned sign, got one for the girl across from him.

"I'm not even sure what they're giving us to drink.. uh  Tryst."

Wait. That was it.  His late night activities had taken him to some bar further into Tokyo than he'd normally ventured where he'd proceeded to drink, well drink too much, dance with whomever and there was that one girl...  Oh snap!  Grabbing the incoming drink, Escher downed it and pointed at her with a resulting cringe on his face from the shot.  "That club last week the uh... the one with the flashing panda lights inside.  You were there.  We danced a little and made out in the corner booth.  Man, the uh... what was it called was so delicious."  Now feeling a bit more coherent and optomistic about his brain, Escher nodded eagerly.  "Here, definitely have a drink after that one."  And Escher called for another round.

Town drunk, coming up.

The man laughed as she mentioned her place of employment but she didn't mind. It as a rather odd job, but it made her a lot of money which paid for her crappy apartment and her party lifestyle, so she didn't mind it so much. Most of the guys who came for her cuddles were all decent looking so it wasn't so bad. "If not there... thennn... I don't know," she said with a sigh. He really could have seen her anywhere.  

It was then that a barmaid showed up with a platter of shots and he grabbed one off the tray and downed it quickly. He mentioned meeting her at one of her favorite spots in Tokyo where apparently she made out with him and they danced... but that happened almost like.. Every night of her life so she had no clues as to whom he might be. "Ummm... it was probably sake bombs... they're yummy and as for making out with me...was it good at least?" She asked him rather curiously. Nena liked to know where she ranked in all things sexual all the time. It made her feel rather good about herself when he left her partners feeling pleased and fufilled

She came up with the name of the whatever he'd been consuming that night and could only think to nod along.  His mind was working backwards at this point to recall information about what he'd have to do to get out of this place.  Although, so far it wasn't looking too badly.  Honestly, his biggest regret at this point was he wouldn't be able to continue work on his career until he got back and by then who knew, he might be dead or it might be pointless.  Careers wait for no one. 

Maybe this place was a good break from reality?

He really wasn't sure what to think about all that so he looked across at the pretty girl as she asked him her pointed question.  Grinning and rubbing his face, Escher shrugged,  "I suppose it was - adequate."  and leaned across the table into her space.  His lips headed towards hers and he smiled gently as he moved his chin ever so slightly to the left and reached slowly but purposely with his right hand towards her chest.  Quickly moving his right hand before the end of the table, Escher snagged her shot and leaned back as he downed that one too with a grin.

"Yeah, you were ok I guess."  Looking at her impishly, Escher looked about and pushed the empty glasses away.  OK, enough of that.  She'd kicked his pity party away sadly and now his brain was beginning to search for some facts.  He was going to have to use a sword.  Yippee.  He was going to have to not die.  Alright, fair enough.  He was going to have to... uhhh... Do some other things.  Yes.  That.

Glancing at her quickly, he smiled.  "So what is your plan for this whole... game?"

Adequate? 

He found her kissing to be adequate? 

OH HELLS NO! 

!!!!!!!

She could do far better than adequate even if she was sloppy drunk. Her kisses were AMAZING damn it!

The man leaned in and told her about her roughly acceptable kisses and moved like he might try to kiss her again.Instead he was merely this close only to snag the drink he'd set before her. She rolled her eyes and shook her head as he drank it down.  "Maybe we ought to give it another go then. You terms are not ones I happen to accept," She said in a huff. She was more than a little annoyed that he'd said she was okay.  He changed the subject however and that was the end of that discussion. She did not want to kiss him again anyway! 

"Uh.. You know same as everyone else I guess... I plan on kicking censored and getting the censored home. There's really only one problem... 

Her reaction wasn't unexpected.  He had met many pretty girls like her and they all seemed to have a high level of confidence when it came to their ahem, skills.  While she may have been a more frequent club visitor, he wasn't a slouch, just probably more selective.  Although he'd selected her that night.  That thought was bothering him slightly but he instead looked around the tavern really actually looking at people and then centering back on her. 

"Yeah, another go some time might not be a bad thing."  A thought to antagonize her with "and the practice wouldn't be bad for her" crossed his mind but he decided to rein it in.  They needed to get a plan and he needed to see if it was best to go about this alone or with her.  Hopefully her uh, outgoing ways would have gathered some information and he'd be able to hitch his wagon to her's until he found the footing he liked best.  She wasn't bad to look at as a possible trip companion anyhow and if she wanted to practice her other skills.  Hmm.

"I'm not entirely sure that's everyone's plan, but its good to know that's what you're aiming to do."  Maybe this break in reality wasn't all it was cracked up to be.  He had a lot at stake back home and little here.  Where was that wall to punch again?  Oh right, that was already past.  "OK so, HOW do you plan to go about doing that?  Have you even figured out what to do besides hang out in this town?"  If so, she was a little ahead of him becuase that's all he'd figured out to do. Punch walls and sit in the tavern.  Maybe it was time to get the lay of the land or at the very least, eavesdrop on others to get ideas.

"That's exactly the problem!" Nena pounded her fist upon the table. 

"I've never played one of these damn things before! This is the first game I ever tried to play, and I was like 15 minutes into being here when that JACKHOLE collected us all up and told us that were stuck here. That was awhile ago. I've done little things here and there but that hasn't been enough to get me very high to get me out into the field.  I wouldn't even know how to use this damn thing!"  

Tryst opened her control panel and produced her greatsword. "What the hell is it anyway...I just chose it because it was big..and you know... pointy... and I could chop censored up with it and the like. I came over here because I was going to ask you for help, but it's pretty obvious that you've no clue as what to do either. I thought boys like did this inbetween jerking off and sleeping. I mean, what the hell else do you guys do?"

OK, now they were getting to the meaty part of the conversation.  Finally.  Perhaps it was the distraction of her hair that made her look like she was on fire in the best possible way.  Maybe it was the force behind her frustration.  Whatever it was, they were getting to the part where things were about to get sorted out and they might make a baby step towards doing something.

As Tryst pulled up a menu, Escher watched as indifferently as he could and made a note that that's how it would work.  Actually, it wasn't too unlike normal video games but he would have to some how get used to the idea that he wasn't simply holding a controller.  Or maybe that would help.  How do you remove yourself from something that you are so hopelessly involved in?  He was going to have to find a way.  That much was apparent to him.

As she pulled otu a giant sword, Escher jumped up and put his hand on it.  "OK, ok..."  He laughed.  "I get it, you're ready for action.  And yes, I know how to play video games when I'm not jerking off.  Forgive me princess if this is the first time I've been trapped in here with a bunch of strangers and having to fight for my life for real."  Please, boyz got skillz.

"OK, put your big stick up and the first thing I bet we need to do is stop drinking and go practice.  I'm sure there's some sort of leveling up that we need to do and you'll get plenty of chances to hack [censored] up."  He hoped she didn't know about the hours and hours running in circles and repeating the same scenario it normally took in most games to level up.  He offered her his hand and smiled.  "All things aside, how about we team up and figure at least the basics out together?"

"Uhhh... that's all our probs right now, not just yours and no one else is sitting here having  pity party for one. " She smirked.  

Nena clicked her control panel again and put away her gigantic toy. She would soon figure out how to use the damn thing and then she would get the hell out of here... but first things first... 

That being, this guy wanted to team with her. 

"No offense but you don't strike me as the sort to be any good at this. I don't mind dying but I'd rather it not be by some basic monster all because my companion is an idiot. " She sat back in her seat and folded her arms across her chest. All things considered, it was probably a good idea not to travel alone espcially since she had no Earthly clue what to do. 

"Do you think you can teach me stuff?" She asked him more seriously. "I'd really rather not die here, and the only way I can avoid that is if I learn to use this thing and move up, ya know?"

Escher couldn't be sure, but he seriously doubted there were many man boys his age that were not experts in some sort of gaming that looked like him.  He was versed in gaming, sports, not to mention his education, as well.. he wasn't too bad at a few other things she had already mentioned but that didn't seem like those would come in handy at this time.

Sighing as she threw in a comment, Escher pushed away from teh table and started to head out.  He glanced at his menu and noted where it was for future reference.  With or without her, he'd just find some other people that were trying to figure things out and watch for a bit.  But experience told him that they were likely to run into small creatures if this was the starting point for the game and the odds of them dying immediately were insanely low.  Once they got the first few kills down, he was sure it would be mindlessly boring for some time.  Maybe they could figure out something to keep it more entertaining.

Speaking of they...

"Do I think I can teach you things?  Probably but you'll have to get off your arse to find out.  Come on gorgeous, let's get a move on it!"  Turning to head towards the door, Escher looked about the room and took note of a few people in it before pushing the doors open and waiting a few seconds to see if she was coming.

Nena chewed her lip as she stared down and traced the grain of the wood on the table with her eyes thinking about how she was going to achieve her goals. She didn't notice that the young man and stood nor that he was walking away until he called out to her once again. Tryst lifted her head and turned about in her chair to see that he was already heading out. "Hey!" She said as she jumped out of her seat and chased after him. 

"Alright... I'll go. " she said as she began to walk along side him, " But where are we going exactly. Is there some sort of training thing or something?"

"Well, there should be some sort of easy place right outside of town I imagine."  Hopefully years of video gaming wouldn't let him down on this one.  This had better be a basic Level 1 type of game area.  If not... well... he didn't want to think about that.  Tryst caught up to him more or less and he began going through thoughts of what was going to go down.  He had his sword and a few basic goods so they were obviously not going to go very far from the town.  Hopefully they would be rewarded with loot or something when they made kills but he wasn't going to count on that.  Maybe some coin or something?  At least that would help?  Hopefully his body was going to have some sort of built in "know how" of the weapons but again, he wasn't counting on it so fingers crossed what they came across was dumb, slow, and easy to kill.  

Looking back at the girl, Escher debated.  SHE on the other hand had a HUGE two handed sword.  If their bodies DIDN'T have some sort of skills built in, her weapon and her tiny frame may be more of a liability than he'd wanted originally.  *sigh  This wasn't going to be easy to figure out but he smiled easily at her in reassurance.  "Just remember to hack and slash... it shouldn't be that hard."  Hopefully.

They reached teh edge of the town and Escher looked at the sprawling fields that lead away from the city.  To the right was a single stand of nearby trees and he contemplated.  Trees would be good for resting and a vantage point but might also mean some weird creatures rather than the simple ones they would (hopefully) find in the open.  Frowning a bit, Escher started out towards the trees.  Whatever. 

"Let's work a line from here to those trees... I bet you just need to wander but stay close to me in case we need to team up."

Please be easy, please be easy. 

Tryst followed behind her companion bouncing to and fro rather excited about the prospect of learning to handle her rater phallic weapon, that she dubbed “Richardâ€. She understood that acquiring such a beast of a weapon meant a user was compensating for a lack of something, but to her, she felt that the thing matched her personality; it was larger than life and not easily handled by a novice. “Hack and slash?†Tryst repeated as she thought about the motions. She pretended to mimic the actions he described. “Like this right?†she said showing him hoping that the maneuvers would make more sense with her weapon in hand.

Eventually, the left the borders of town and found themselves on the edge of everything else. Escher pointed out a line of trees and said they should make their way toward the area to look for mobs to practice upon. “Alright…†She said as she eagerly leapt ahead of the guy and equipped Richard so she was ready for anything.  They walked along toward the trees and Tryst scanned around the area hoping to come upon something. She carried her weapon up and at the ready in a way that she thought was correct but probably wasn’t. Her blade extended far past over her shoulder. Richard was much heavier than she had thought he’d be. Eventually, she figured it would get easier to carry him, but for now, she would endeavor to struggle with it.  

BD: 9 (+1 crit +1 ws dmg) 3 Points of Damage

MD: 1 MISS! HA!

As she moved along something began to materialize in front of her. “What’s going on?†She asked Escher as the thing came clearly into view. It was labeled as “boar pigletâ€.

“This is a baby boar?†She squeaked in surprise. The thing ws as big as a great dane.

“Holy censored!†Tryst curse as she swung her weapon overhand and brought it directly down onto the monster. She hit it! Hard!

“Take that bad piggy!†She cheered. The boar did not like this and tried to strike her but ran past her instead. â€Get it!†She yelled at her companion.

Escher: 7/7

Tryst: 9/9 (Hate +2)

Boar Piglet: 3/6

Feeling his heart pounding in his ears, Escher selected his menu and found the weapon option fairly quickly.  Having a lighter weapon and unsure how long this was going to take, Escher walked with it low and stayed near to Tryst as much as he could without looking too protective.  It was hard to not think that way as she attempted to carry the weapon reasonably well around.  It looked like his hope for some super battle strength wasn't likely to show up at this time.  His own sword felt decent in his hand so that was a plus but he felt oddly unprotected just walking around like this.

It all happened so quickly when it happened though...

The piglet materialized rather than burst from some brush and Escher paused as he took it all in.  "What the..."  but Tryst was on the case as she slung her sword around attempted an attack.  Escher was momentarily distracted by the realization that there was a display about the piglet now and raised his weapon just as the piglet swung its body towards Tryst.  Reacting more off adrenaline than anything else, Escher slashed heavily with his sword and missed the piglet. 

"censored!"  This was just a big cluster at the moment but at least they weren't dead and Tryst's sword had done some damage. "Good job Tryst!"

BD: 1 MISS Derp

Boar Piglet: 3/6

Tryst was so totally proud of herself! She hit the dumb boar and she was still alive! Even her companion seemed impressed. This only puffed up her enormous ego more and made her want to finish off the boar all on her own. “I’ve got this!†She said as she moved to hit the boar with her colossal sword.

BD: 7   (1 ws damage) 2 Points of Damage

MD: 1   Piglet sucks!

Tryst tried the hacking motion again and brought her weapon from overhead driving it down against the animal. This maneuver once again worked out for her as she made contact with the beast’s back. Red crystal shards broke off from the creature and sparkled in the sunlight before the burst and disappeared. The piggy’s health dropped further until it was in the red and there was only a sliver of it left behind. The boar piglet squealed angrily as it tried to headbutt Tryst in the leg. The girl stepped out of its path however as the animal ran past her and then whipped around to face the pair.

“Just one more hit…†she told her companion. If he could hit it, the thing would be dead and they would have completed their first kill together.

Boar Piglet: 1/6

OK, this wasn't so bad.  The piglet was fierce but it wasn't that overwhelming.  His display was more helpful than distracting as he adjusted to the situation and Tryst's overconfidence was making him feel more convinced that they could do this.  Probably not his best thinking, but there it was.  Raising his sword a bit more confidently, Escher slid in a bit closer to Tryst for a better attacking position since the thing seemed hell bent on her.

He was NOT going to miss this time!

The piglet once more went for Tryst who once again, like a boss, hit the thing and Escher grinned.  They were going to do this... it was up to him.  With her getting two solid hits he HAD to finish this thing off if he had any hope of keeping her down to earth(ish).  The piglet headed for Tryst again and Escher closed the gap between himself and Tryst as he slashed with his sword.

The hit was good and the piglet vanished quickly from sight.  A piece of something appeared and Esher grabbed it eagerly.  "YES!"  He ran to Tryst and debated how to congratulate her... fist bump?  Hug?  High five?  "High sword!"  He raised his sword emphatically and clanked his blade against her steel.  Lame, yes?  Jacked up on adrenaline?  DEFINITELY!

BD: 6 HIT and killed

+1 material

Tryst: 9/9 (Hate +3)

Boar Piglet: 0/6

“YOU GOT IT!†Tryst said as she jumped up and down emphatically dropping her weapon on the ground. “Oops!†she said as picked her weapon back up and dusted it off. Her companion came over and clinked his sword to hers. “That was sooo much fun!†she clamored in delight. “Let’s look for another piggy to kill okay?†And with that she took off stalking through the grass looking for another thing to stab and jab with her really neat pointy toy.

Not fifteen feet from their last position, another boar materialized. “YES!†Tryst hollered as she tried out the slashing motion that she’d been taught. She’d so gotten ‘hack’ down, and so it was time to work on her second ability.

BD: 5   SWING AND A MISS!

MD: 4 Pig Misses! Pig also has no game!

It seems that Nena was not close enough to the monster to hit it with the move she tried. Her blade whooshed just inches from the monster, startling instead of hitting it. The baby boar cried out and tried to bore her with its short tusks but Tryst was able to keep the monster off her by ushing it off with her foot.

“Get back you!†she told it as she managed to move it away.

Tryst:    9/9

Boar Piglet: 5/5