[SP-F1] [Quest] Earning a Living II

<<Earning a Living>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Description: Every player, to survive in this death game, must make some form of Col. For some, they just hunt mobs. For others, they may earn a living and take up a profession. may meet During your search for a profession you meet a friendly NPC who will train you with your profession. You will have to material hunt and craft your item, or receive a free basic item from the NPC (such as an instrument or fishing rod for performers or fishermen.) Profession options and guides can be found here

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)

-RP can be PP or SP

-You may have assistance, however only one player may gain their profession

-Repeatable for Materials only

Rewards:

1. A title relating to your profession
  2. The ability to open up a shop
  3. 1 extra Skill Point
  4. Extra materials (rolled by GM with Loot Die upon topic completion)

EXTRA: Until 2/27/15, you have the option to SWITCH your profession by retaking the Earning a Living quest. However, if you switch professions, you lose all progress in your former profession and tools you may have used (such as a crafting needle if you were a tailor) are rendered useless to you.

All items formerly for sale in your shop related to said profession (such as smith materials if you're becoming a performer) must be sold before the switch is made (either in your old shop or to a merchant). If you had the items that you crafted as part of your personal inventory, you may keep them.

Recommended Level: 2

Justin was pretty well prepared to go on his venture today, hoping that he'd have a successful hunt and a bountiful crafting session in his newfound shop. He had since leveled up pretty notably, buffed up his health, and obtained some gear to help him on his journey. However, the matter of how everything would go down more or less depended on if the old man would open up. He banged thrice more on the door, loud enough to attract the attention of several passersby, "OPEN UP, GEEZER! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" After a few seconds of clattering pieces of wood and the sound of some glass breaking, he heard a muttered curse, "ONE SECOND, YOUNG'UN! I'M OLD AND FEEBLE AND WILL TAKE HOWEVER LONG I DAMN WELL PLEASE!" It worked in shutting Justin up considering that he was the one in favor of the old man, wanting nothing more than another (hopefully more successful) lesson in the art of alchemy. He knew that he'd need to get some materials before they could get started, but he'd have to make sure it would be cool with the old man first.

Starting Stats, Skills and Equipment

Level: 8

HP: 24/24

Base DMG: 4

Novice 1H Spear

Novice Battle Healing

Survival

Dory Spear (+2 DMG)

The door would soon click open and the man would peek out, the chain still keeping the door from opening too much, "Oh, it's you. Gave me quite the scare there!" He laughed, quite raspy in town, before jumping to conclusions, "Alchemy isn't what it's all made out to be, huh? Hoping that I'd let you learn to be a Blacksmith or Artis-" Justin held up his hand, stopping what the elder fellow would say next, "I'm not here to ask for a second chance or getting a new trade, I'm actually here to see if you'd let me give it another shot at crafting a legitimate potion this time." He tapped on the side of his head, "Remember the first time? It was a pretty crappy solution and we ended up having to toss the entire thing, figured you wouldn't mind trying once more to see if we can do a little better this time around. What do you say?" The grin was easily seen through the crevice of the doorway, followed by a rather eager voice, "Oh, I do believe that would be quite a good idea! I'm all out of materials to give it a shot today so you'll have to supply some, but make it quick! I don't have all day!"

Before long, Justin had easily made his way out of town and back to hunting down materials. The old man had explained to him that there was a vast multitude of materials available on this floor alone with a nearly immeasurable amount in the entire world, though there was only a few ways to obtain these. Fighting, trading, crafting, looting, and bosses were the only ones he had listed with the first being the sole way that Justin had obtained materials until now, "Guess I ought to try one of the other methods, worth a shot at least." Back when he had initially completed the quest to become an alchemist, the older NPC had given him a list with a variety of materials that he could use in his potions. One of those happened to be [Mourning Dew Grass], a type of grass widely available on this floor. Looking for clumps of large, untrimmed grass while making his way towards the greener grasslands to fight monsters, he would eventually find a harvestable batch.

[Dice Roll] 20308 || 3 || 11 || 20 || 5

+1 Mourning Dew Grass

Keeping a steady pace, it wasn't long until he had arrived at the grasslands that he was striving for, "Well, looks like there's plenty of room for one more." There was a multitude of players in sight, most hacking away at wild animals or plucking special materials off the ground, but they were easily outnumbered by six times the enemies. They would likely not even notice another spare player looking to catch in on the easy action of training or gathering loot, especially when Justin posed no immediate threat. He put one hand up in a sign of peace, allowing the other players to take their eyes of him to focus on the task at hand. Not being one to wait too long to get this over with, Justin needed quite a few materials if he wanted to be more successful than last time. With a boar close by, Justin would ready his spear and begin chasing after the small, pink mound of war torn flesh.

[Dice Roll] 20518 || 9 || 7 || 7 || 8

[Juzt] 24/24

[boar] 12/12

[Juzt] hits [boar]! +5 Damage!

[boar] hits [Juzt]! +1 Damage!

[Juzt] 23/24

[boar] 7/12

Justin was able to catch the boar off guard, stabbing his spear clean in the side of the oversized pig. It squealed in terror before making some distance, then started to grunt at its offender, quite displeased to have been surprised in such a terrible way. Rearing its legs, it struck out towards Justin and its speed caught him off guard, catching him in his shin. He was slightly off balance, but with the boar this close in range, he used this opportunity to slam the spear down at the enemy's back. It was slightly off target and only winded up being a gash in the side, quite near the first wound it took. However, the boar was at an optimal range as well, using this as its chance to use its tusk to bore the player's leg. It was successful and took off quite a larger amount of health than its first, but didn't concern Justin too much.

[Dice Roll] 20519 || 6 || 11 || 17 || 10

[Juzt] 23/24

[boar] 7/12

[Juzt] hits [boar]! +4 Damage!

[boar] hits [Juzt]! +3 Damage!

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] heals 1 HP from Battle Healing! +1 HP!

[Juzt] 21/24

[boar] 3/12

This battle would appear to be a fast one, considering a single hit was all it would take for Justin to slay this chubby beast. He understood that it was fast, rammed whenever it went in for an attack, and tried to use its tusks for its stronger attacks. Really easy to get the hang of in theory, but for whatever reason, Justin was having a troublesome time putting it into practice. The next sword strike that he would go in for was aimed for the ugly face of the monster, but it was easily struck to the side by the boar's tusks, knocking Justin off balance. During this time, the boar would once again bash against Justin's legs causing another fraction of damage. Justin tried to pull up his spear and place it back on target, but by the time he had done so, the boar was out of his weapon's range.

[Dice Roll] 20520 || 4 || 4 || 7 || 7

[Juzt] 21/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] misses [boar]!

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

The boar grunted, but Justin was unable to tell if it was one of boast or fury. Obviously, the player was beginning to get a little frustrated due to the simple fact that he couldn't simply slay one of the beginning enemies in a matter of moments. This monster was one that he should have cut down in three hits without a problem, but here he was being the one that had already taken three hits from his foe. He waited impatiently for the boar to come closer, staying more cautious this time in case the boar used its tusks to deflect his hit, though he wouldn't be as wise as he assumed he had been. Just before the enemy got in the optimal range, it faked out its attack, leading Justin on to strike at what would then be nothing more than unoccupied ground. The boar didn't get a hit in, but neither could he.

[Dice Roll] 20552 || 2 || 10 || 2 || 3

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] misses [boar]!

[boar] misses [Juzt]!

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] 21/24

[boar] 3/12

By now, Justin was easily getting upset by his lack of ability to hit the damned beast. He tried his best to get close enough, but by now, the boar had gathered that he was simply trying to get close enough to reach. He would chase after the boar, making himself look like quite the fool and catching the attention of nearby players as he cursed at his prey, "Would you just censored stop already?!" It was clear that he wouldn't be capable of finishing off the boar like this and one player could easily tell, soon leading to a player running alongside him, "Hey, dude. Having some trouble?" Justin was slightly caught off guard and stopped dead in his tracks, raising his spear towards the player that had breached well into his comfort zone. He didn't try to attack, but wanted to make sure this guy wasn't a player killer first.

[Dice Roll] 20553 || 1 || 5 || 19 || 7

[Juzt] 21/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] misses [boar]!

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

"Who are you?" The unidentified player let out a small gasp before also stopping on his heals, "Whoa, dude! Just chill, man! Put the weapon down, okay?!" Justin neglected to put his weapon down as he awaited the player's answer, showing no sign of mercy in what could be the next defeated player in this death game, "Tell me your name and what you want." The player didn't have any armor, only a straight sword which looked like it was a default weapon, but Justin was uncertain of it. Without much hesitation, the player quickly answered before going off on a tangent, "Blue Badger! That's my username! I don't want any trouble! I just wanted to help you out! Please, don't attack me!" Justin laughed a bit before lowering his weapon and picking up where the player left off, "It's okay, man. I'm not going to murder you, but what do you mean help?"

[Dice Roll] 20554 || 1 || 6 || 6 || 5

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] misses [boar]!

[boar] misses [Juzt]!

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

The player, whom was unfortunate or stupid enough to choose the name Blue Badger, let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness, I've seen too many players fighting already. When news let out, it was terrible. Some of the psychotic players actually went on a spree before they offed themselves or became overpowered by other players." He scratched the back of his head, almost as if he was nervous being this close to someone else in this game, "Well, I just saw you were having trouble with the boar and-" He jutted his hand out near Justin causing him to take a step back and start to lift his spear, "Watch out!" However, Justin wasn't about to fall for such a down and dirty trick such as- "Ouch!" The boar that he had let slip his mind while he paid attention to the player caught him off guard, knocking off a chip off his health that was instantly regained due to his [battle Healing] skill.

[Dice Roll] 20558 || 3 || 12 || 20 || 6

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] misses [boar]!

[boar] hit [Juzt]! +1 Damage!

[Juzt] 19/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

With the boar now close enough in range, Justin used this opportunity to go in for another attack, which turned out to be far more successful than his previous streak of bad luck. A burst of red data flowed out from the end of his spear's head that had been sticking out from the boar's underbelly, soon followed by the death of the boar, "Finally got that censoreder." He placed the end of his spear on the ground and turned back to the player, "So how did you want to help?" Blue Badger seemed a little uncertain as to what to say without getting a spear pulled up in front of his face, "Well, I see you're having quite a bit of trouble actually hitting the boar. If you want to be able to hit them more often, not that I don't believe you can do it naturally, is to use an item with the accuracy enchantment. It's like a homing device, really good, you know?"

[Dice Roll] 20559 || 9 || 2 || 15 || 5

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 3/12

[Juzt] hits [boar]! +5 Damage!

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 0/12 - Dropped one [boar's Blood] and 60 Col!

Justin hadn't heard that there was an accuracy enhancement in the game, but then again, he hadn't asked anyone either

[Dice Roll] 20581 || 8 || 11 || 6 || 4

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 12/12

[Juzt] hits [boar]! +4 Damage!

[boar] misses [Juzt]!

[Juzt] 20/24

[boar] 8/12

[Juzt] 21/24

[boar] 8/12