(PP-FLOOR 1) Take A Hint // Kiru~

It was... raining. Carmine didn't think such nasty weather was possible in the game of Sword Art Online. I mean, the past few days had been oh-so beautiful; your typical paradise, really. And then, as she was walking around idly without much to do especially since Carmine despised the thought of combat, out of nowhere the sky darkened and clouds rolled in. "What the fu-" She stopped mid-word and diverted her attention from the sky, searching for a place to hide for cover.

The systems, well, they were still confusing to the twenty-six year old. How did rain work? Did you even get wet, and soaked if standing to long with anything to protect you from harsh conditions. Sure, she'd felt the warmth of the sun's rays when it was sunny, but that didn't mean all weather would act the same. 

As soon as Carmine reached the hangover of a building, some people still outside walking enjoying the rain while others camped indoors, she leaned against the wall and it began to pour. She didn't want to go inside just yet due to immense curiosity in the way the game ran. How something could feel this real, could be so beautiful, yet only be a billion letters, symbols and numbers of coding, was beyond Carmine's comprehension ability to perceive.

Holding out a hand, fingertips slowly moving out from under the protection of the hangover, Carmine felt surprisingly giddy at what would happen. Though, before that could happen someone opened the door from the building behind her, slamming the solid piece of wood right in Carmine's face. She brought her hand back and gasped. Pain levels were low, that was a fact, but a slight ping of pain surged through her body.

"Ouch." Carmine groaned loudly.

"Azure is back?" I sat with my hands clasped together and a serious expression upon my face. To my right were two players who had been drinking just a little bit too much of the alcohol kept here. Normally this wouldn't interest me, if anything I would get annoyed by the ruckus, but they were talking about The Azure Brigade. I closed my eyes and focused on their conversation for now. "Yeah apparently they're back...stupid kids think that they have a place. Calling themselves number one? Who was the former leader again, Keith was it?" At this point I became completely taken by the simple gossip they had. First talking about Azure, now Keith? I reminded myself to remain calm until he finished and continued to eavesdrop. "Keith Yudai, strong player killer. He uh, he killed so many people but he got what was coming to him. I hear he's dead, that's why there's a dumb blonde kid running it now. Geez I'd hate to be-" There was a sudden crash, caused by me of course. He drew the line and went far over it, insulting the entire guild and singling out Zel and Keith. Out of nowhere, the shopkeeper came out. What he saw was a girl with black and white hair standing over two men on the ground with a broken glass on the ground. His face became red and he walked over to me with great speed, following that he asked me what was going on. I shifted my weight to my left foot and crossed my arms. "Well these two idiots decided to talk about my guild. The Azure Brigade wouldn't be happy knowing that I just let them trash out reputation so, I punched one of them. Unfortunately he knocked into the other guy and and took a cup of yours down with him while trying to stable himself." I stated, staring blankly. The owner shook his head and brushed past me to scold the two on the floor. I smirked and walked to the door, my work here was done. "Well then, bye bye friends, see you later!" I glared at the owner and kicked the door to the Tavern, sending it flying open. I gave the keep a peace sign before walking out. The moment I stepped foot outdoors I heard a groan, strange. I pursed my lips and closed the door behind me. To my surprise an older girl stood where the door was, groaning in pain. "Don't stand behind doors, you'll get hurt. Again." I warned and gave her a glare as I walked into the rain. "What the..." I muttered, not remembering that  it would rain today, i hated rain.

"Right. Duly noted." Carmine replied, blinking a few times to register what was happening. She then took one huge step away from the door, to the other side of the opening so the next time someone walked through she wouldn't be crushed and flattened into the wall. "Oh yeah, it's raining. Might wanna stay under here for a while." Carmine tilted her head, staring at the female. Her attire was interesting, along with matching hair, though Carmine was sure she got compliments all the time. 'One of those perfect girls I suppose...' She thought, liking whomever this player was almost immediately. 

"We could talk and pass the time." Carmine suggested, chewing on her bottom lip wondering if the other would accept. Judging by her reaction towards the droplets coming down heavily, Carmine knew there was little chance she'd reject being protected from the weather until it ceased or blew by. "I'm Carmine." She waved, flashing pearly white teeth. "There was a lot of loud noises coming from there. What was up?" Carmine leaned against the wall of the building behind her once more, crossing her arms under her chest, exhaling contently. She'd inspect the weather system later, first came making a new friend. And hopefully, the type of friend she desired.

After a few droplets of water landed on my head I retreated back under the protection of the building. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot, how long exactly would I have to despise rain, rivers, and water overall? With the exception of drinking it, I hated touching it or being near it. Due to an incident as a child I really didn't enjoy being in water either, so swimming was out of the question. I didn't have a fear of rain, maybe the ocean, but it was understandable. It was awkward to have your clothes soaked and to just swim around in deep water to possibly drown and die. I shuddered at the thought of drowning in an already deadly game and looked to my left, the girl I just hit in the face with a door was still trying to make a conversation with me. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall behind me. "I would rather not chat to pass the time. It's pointless to begin something with someone that I'll forget in five minutes when this rain stops." I told the girl curtly looking in the other direction. 

Not even two second after I'd finished speaking, the red haired girl introduced herself as Carmine and waved to me. To make it even better she smiled extremely wide when she did this. "Annoying, preppy, overjoyed player. Just what I need." I thought and stared at her again. Hopefully she could take a hint not to keep talking to me, as she was bugging me immensely. Even after I stared at her, she continued to talk, this time asking about the noises inside. I tilted my head to the side and sighed, deciding to indulge this young woman with a story. "Once upon a time there was a girl who was inside a Tavern for business. When she got there she heard two men talking bad about her missing fiance and her entire guild. So, the girl took action and beat them up. Then, she walked out and met someone who got on her nerves for talking way too much. The end." I said, uncrossing my arms and adjusting my position.

Carmine raised a brow at the girl's attitude, it was interesting alright. And not to mention, desirable; Carmine never would be able to be like that. There were no words to describe how she was, she just did whatever and went with it. Or so that's how it seemed. "Ah~ but you see," Carmine began, glancing over at the stranger. "that's exactly why you should engage in conversation with me. We can talk about whatever, and when this rain ends... forget it all and never see each other again. That's it. Forget formalities, insecurities, problems; just pretend like I'm a lifelong friend." Removing her gaze from the other female, Carmine leaned her head against the wall behind her and ran a hand through her hail, letting out a huff without a care in the world. Not a care, that is, except for if this person would like what she said or not.

Completely oblivious to the menacing glare the stranger flashed at her, Carmine began talking and emoting without really thinking about what she was saying or doing before showing her true self. There was never much thinking for Carmine, only doing. And now, she was doing because that's what felt right. "Are you alright?" The twenty-six year old now turned her whole body to whomever this was, focusing on her as if trying to scan her. Which, in a way, Carmine was trying to do so. "I had a finance once myself, and we loved each other a lot. If Va-he ever went missing during that period, I'd be... devastated." Carmine bit her bottom lip, staring at the ground. "Do you wanna talk about it? I'm not your best friend or whatever, but getting feelings out helps a lot. Plus, I'm only your five minute rain pal...so..." The woman cleared her throat, attempting to rid of the lump forming in the tight space, and instead smiled though the grin proved to be very weak, and obviously faked.

"But that's none of my business." Carmine kept her voice positive, even if doing so was becoming difficult. "You don't like rain?" She changed the topic quickly, acting as if what'd happened had never even occurred.