[PP-F1] Duel in Tolbana Town! (Piera, Lee, and Jomei)COMPLETE

Jomei chuckled at Lee's want to be able to dish out Thorns damage. It really was a useful trick to have. He looked at the man, noticing his weapon. A one handed straight sword is what he saw, and he scratched at the hairs on his chin. Then he smiled, he had an idea. He opened up his inventory with a raise of his hand, "Oy, Lee. Come here." As Lee walked over to him, Jomei scrolled through his inventory, his eyes darting back and forth reading all of the items until he got to what he was looking for. "Here, you look like you could use this more than I did. It treated me well when I was your level, I hope it will do the same for you." He smiled at him as he opened up a transaction between the two, placing an item to gift to Lee. "Summertime Blaze she's called.. This firey red shield does some thorns damage, as you saw during the duel." He shook his head at him, "and i dont want anything for it.. Please. Its a gift."

-1 Summertime Blaze

Name: (Summertime Blaze)
Profession: (Blacksmith)
ID: (16200)
Roll: (10) [9+1]
Item Type: (Shield)
Quality: (Rare)
Enhancements: (+1 Damage Mitigation and +1 Thorns)
Description: (A small fiery orange shield easy to use for a rapier master. It is said to be so hot it damages whoever hits it.)

Jomei then added in about the Martial Arts skill to the two, "And the quest to obtain that skill is <Breaking The Unbreakable> ...have fun with that one." He laughed.

Lee listened as Lowenthal spoke to Piera as she asked about the item he had and that one could take a quest that gave them the ability to take on a job. This got him thinking on just what kind of job he would have if he had the chance. He wasn't even fully aware just what kinds of jobs their were but he figured that each one had to have something useful. It was in the midst of this small thought that Jomei called out to Lee to which he would turn his full attention over to him and pointed at himself to make sure that he was the one that Jomei had actually called upon.

He walked over to him as he seemed to be looking for something on a menu. He began to speak about something that helped him out when he was in the lower levels and that Lee could use it and just then, a menu opened up before him with a trade request upon it. Upon accepting it, he would hold in his hands Summertime Blaze as Jomei explained that it was as he saw in the match between himself and Lowenthal. Lee's eyes seemingly were mystified at the shield, in an almost trance-like state. 

+Summertime Blaze

He then opened his own menu and unequipped his own basic shield and equipped Summertime Blaze as it took the place of the other shield. "Oh. My. Great. Giddy. Awesome. God! Thank you Jomei!" He threw his arms up in the air and tightened his fists in excitement. 

Piera's eyes sparkled as Lowenthal explained that one could make crystals and potions if they completed a certain quest and then open your own shop like he had. "A tailor? That's so cool! So I guess you would make light armor? Like leather working? What's the name of your shop? I'll need to go by there when I actually get some col, heh. I wonder what other sorts of other occupations there are... I think making potions and crystals is about as close as I can get to being a support healer." She half-joked, smiling at Lee. That was usually her role in previous games with him. The brunette mentally made a note and repeated the quest name in her head at least five times so that she wouldn't forget. Hopefully that quest wouldn't be too hard given her low level.

She glanced at Jomei as he called Lee over and wondered if he was sending him a friend request or something like that when a high quality small shield popped into existence in Lee's arms. "Whoa!" Piera exclaimed, grinning at Lee and then Jomei and back to Lee. Her companion was thoroughly ecstatic as he exclaimed his thanks and pumped both fists into the air. His excitement was infectious as she jumped up and hugged Lee tightly in happiness, squealing a little. "Thank you so much Jomei! This will really help us." For they were a team after all. They both benefited when one did. 

Lowenthal looked over to Jomei as he just gave away his shield. "And you're sure with that?" Lowenthal jested, shrugging his shoulders. "And yes Piera, just that. I make clothing that give special bonuses. My clothing can even help you get lucky." Lowenthal said with a wink, meaning that it increased that chance of Mob Drops and chest spawns. "And I can make armor. But that's boring. I just recently unlocked plushies. Which is what I'm really excited for." Lowenthal said, pulling up his menu, looking at his skills. "So, who's next then?" Lowenthal asked, looking at Piera and Lee. 

Jomei smiled from his place on the floor when Lee and Piera both thanked him, "Its my pleasure, hasn't served much of a use to me at my level anyway" he chuckled. He turned to Lowenthal who doubted Jomei's decision was the right one and he shrugged his shoulders. He knew it was still useful to him, especially being able to deflect some of the damage dealt to him, but he figured it would work better for Lee anyway since it fit his skill set.. whereas Jomei was focusing more on a speedy build. When Lowenthal brought his attention back to Piera, he mentioned he was a tailor. Jomei had honestly forgotten about that. He never visited his store before, only caught glances of it while Lowenthal was out... so he was never able to go in. He tried to hold back a slight giggle when he remembered the name for certain specialty items Lowenthal crafted at his store. After defeating Lowenthal, he had honestly forgotten about his offer to duel the other two as well. His head perked up as he looked at Piera and Lee, wondering who would step forward. 

Lee was more than excited about the item that he was given and figured that he would be able to make the best of it seeing as it was an obvious upgrade from his current normal shield. He would then glance over toward Lowenthal as he spoke of who would be next and after the little demonstration between himself and Jomei. He took in a deep breath and threw his hand up into the air "I think that I will take that spot!" He figured that since it was a duel, there was no real harm in it all even if he wasn't the best in terms of attack but he would either have to do it now or later and now just seemed more appealing.

"Be warned. I can't do much of anything at all."

Piera's eyebrows raised as Lowenthal explained that his clothing could give a player certain bonuses. She hadn't thought that clothing could do that, though maybe clothing was different than armor. As he winked at her and said that his clothing could even help one get lucky, she smiled shyly and chuckled, not thinking that he was talking about the game. "Jeez what kind of clothing do you make?" Her earlier suspicions were confirmed as Lowenthal explained that he could make armor, but found it boring, and seemed more excited about the fact that he had recently unlocked the skill to craft plushies. Giggling at his enthusiasm she replied, "Aw, how cute!" Maybe she could get Bunny made one day? She really really missed Bunny...

Piera's momentary melancholy was brushed away as Lowenthal asked them who would be next to duel him and she immediately looked to Lee. Of course, his hand shot in the air as he claimed 'dibs' before stepping up in front of the kunai wielder, his sword and shield out, warning his opponent that he really couldn't do much of anything. Chuckling at the sad truth of that statement, Piera stepped back a bit next to Jomei to give them some space before saying, "You can do it honey, maybe he'll give himself a concussion on your shield, or trip and fall on your blood! Think positive!" She clapped enthusiastically before whispering to Jomei, "So how much of a chance does Lee actually have?"

Lowenthal grinned. "Alright, first hist duel. Let's see how long it takes you to find me." Lowenthal grinned, sending Lee the duel request. he wondered if Lee actually was good. Hitting Lowenthal wasn't impossible, just difficult in the game. As Lee accepted, Lowenthal noticed how well he hid behind his shield. Lowenthal thought for a moment. Lowenthal placed his hands into his pockets and waited for Lee to come at him.

Evasion: 3

• 5 months later...