[PP-F1] What doesn't kill you... (Lowenthal, pt.2)

The grasslands of the first floor of Aincrad were quiet, only the ambient noise of the grass rustling in the wind, the soft buzzing of the beetles' wings and low grunts of boars. Her hair blowing into her face, Piera tucked it back behind her ear before looking back at her current companion, Lowenthal. He said that he wasn't leader of their guild, but she still felt he was unofficial leader. In a good way. It meant that their guild members had someone to look up to. She hoped he was up for the job. He seemed to be a good 'leader' thus far though. He definitely took care of his fellow guild-mates. The brunette surveyed the brand new perfect spear that he had generously gifted her. The Bleeding Lance. It looked simple, attractive yet plain, and deadly. It was Perfect. "So now that we've already dueled, you gonna teach me how to stab some monsters with this thing?"

Lowenthal looked at Piera. "Well, aren't we just getting excited to fight some mobs?" Lowenthal joked, laughing. It was nice to help someone of a lower level. At least she was competent, and brave enough to come out and do something. It reminded him a lot of himself. "We'll start with something small. Now let's see." Lowenthal said scanning the horizon and the fields. Spotting what was recognizable as a Boar Mother, lowenthal smiled. "Ah, perfect. There's a boar mother just down that-a-way." He said pointing. "Let's go kill it. Shall we?" Lowenthal asked, drawing his kunai and spinning it on one finger. He approached the Boar Mother, and saw that there was indeed a few piglets. "Alright, get ready." Lowenthal said. "Attack the mother first. I'll take care of the back up it'll bring." Lowenthal said. 

(Order will go Piera, Lowenthal, Boar Mother, Piglets)(Lowenthal will control the mobs)

HP List:

Lowenthal:  50/50

Piera: 13/13

Boar Mother: 25/25 (Deals 1 dmg)

Piglet: 2/2 (Deals 1 dmg)

Piglet: 2/2 (Deals 1 dmg)

Piera let out a slightly nervous laugh along with Lowenthal. She was eager...and terrified. But she tried not to let it show. There was nothing to be scared of out here, she wasn't alone and she was only going against little low level monsters. Everything would be fine. She followed Lowenthal's gaze as he looked around before pointing in a direction and declaring that there was a boar mother that way. "A mother? Does that make her harder than regular boars then?" She asked as they walked over. Judging from their size difference, she was going to say 'yes'. Accompanying the mother boar were three little piglets, immediately reminding her of the fairy tale. Glancing at her companion, she nodded at his instructions of what to do and what he would do. Piera closed her eyes briefly as she breathed in deeply and let it out into a slow sigh, trying to calm herself down. Approaching the boar mother, she kept it simple, stabbing downward at it's head area and praying that nothing would go horribly wrong, like her missing completely.

Which nearly happened. She didn't expect the boar to move around so much and nearly stabbed too far to the left but still managed to hit the monster.

ID: 22007

BD: 5 +1ACC=6 (success)

DMG: 2

Piera: 13/13 (Deals 2 dmg)

Boar Mother: 25/25 (Deals 1 dmg)

Piglet: 2/2 (Deals 1 dmg)

Lowenthal watched as Piera hit the boar, unfortunately she didn't achieve the bleed enhancement on her spear. "Nice hit! Not bad for your first one against a mob." Lowenthal said, reassuring his comrade. He readied his kunai, ready to protect Piera from the oncoming onslaught of piglets. Lowenthal brought his kunai down swiftly, slashing a baby pig with great force. The baby pig flew back, and exploded in the normal fashion. A shower of blue data fragments. Lowenthal smiled, as a small star appeared from where the piglet had died. "Alright, loot drop." Lowenthal said, excited. "Alright, keep up the good work!" Lowenthal said, dodging the piglets.

ID: 22018

BD: 9 (hit, +1 dmg) 9dmg

MD:1 (miss)

ID:22017

Piglet's MD:4 (miss)

HP List:

Boar Mother: 23/25 

Piglet: Dead  LD: 20 (uncommon item)

Piglet: 2/2 

Piera didn't allow herself a smile as Lowenthal complimented her achieving a hit against the large boar, though the corner of her lip twitched slightly. She had a strong suspicion that her weapon had somehow helped her, something she would have to ask him about later. Glancing over at said 'him', she watched distractedly as he easily dispatched an incoming piglet with one slash from his dagger, or kunai rather. Seeing its body shatter into bright fragments made her shiver slightly, but she was not allowed to dwell on it long. The mother boar came charging at her angrily, seemingly infuriated by the death of one of her young. Using her lance's staff to quickly sidestep the attack, the brunette used the opportunity to try and slash its' side as it passed. However she didn't realize how fast it was actually charging and missed her chance just barely. "Ngh..." Piera growled as she got back into a wide battle stance once again. "Gah, I stink. At least it hasn't done any damage to me...yet. Knock on wood." She would have knocked on her spear's staff, but remembered that her new lance's shaft wasn't made of wood. She kind of wished it was now, if only for a bit of luck.

ID: 22470

BD: 4+1ACC=5 (miss)

HP List:

Lowenthal saw Piera miss her target. "Take your time. Combat is something you ease into, like loving someone. You don't just 'fall in love'. You work for it." Lowenthal said. "Like me with Clarence." He said, swinging his dagger at another piglet. Lowenthal's dagger easily sliced through another piglet as it dissipated into blue crystals. "Easy." he said, and was pleasantly surprised when another item drop. "Lucks's been pretty good here." Lowenthal said, as he turned he saw that Piera took damage. As he was distracted by that, the small piglet actually got a hit off on him as well.

ID: 22511

BD: 10(+2dmg)

MD: 10 (3dmg)

LD: 20

HP List:

Lowenthal:  48/50 -2 [3dmg-1mitigation]

Piera: 10/13 -3

Piglet: Dead

Piera watched as the mother boar realized that she had missed her target, stopping her charge. Glancing over at Lowenthal as he gave her some advice about combat, she couldn't help but smirk and raise an interested eyebrow. "Clarence huh? Like the angel? Heh. I think I get you though." She looked back at her boar just as it came barreling towards her, her green eyes wide with fear. As it crashed into her, she flinched and tripped backwards a few steps with a loud gasp. Once she realized she was still alive, Piera began to breathe again, though it was quicker than it should have been. Pupils dilated she cursed, "F-Frick... I just had to say something. You're sucking up all of my luck Lowenthal. Lucky Lowenthal." The brunette babbled clasping her spear tighter as she tried to remember his earlier words. You had to work for it. Lips tightening into a thin line, she ran forwards to stab at the large boar. But her stab went wide as the mother made to stab her with its tusks, leaping forward.

ID: 22532

BD: 3+1Acc=4 (miss)

HP List:

Lowenthal:  48/50 

Piera: 10/13 

Lowenthal couldn't help but laugh. "Clarence is an angel, in his own way." Lowenthal laughed. Lowenthal readied his kunai again, hopefully he'd be able to take care of this last piglet and then he'll be able to assist Piera. Lowenthal prepared his kunai, and attacked the last of the piglets. This piglet was faster, and smarter than it brothers. And it dashed to Lowenthal, causing him to miss. "What the? Dammit." lowenthal cursed, reversing the grip on his kunai. "Piera, how you holding up?" he asked.

ID: 22542

BD: 4+1=5 Miss

MD: 5 miss

HP List:

Piera's lips tugged up into a brief smile as Lowenthal laughed at her 'angel' comment and agreed that the mysterious 'Clarence' was an indeed an angel in a way. But she was a bit occupied to do anything other than that as she focused on dodging the large boar attempting to skewer her. This time she remembered how fast it was and did not hesitate to quickly get out of the way, using her trick from before to use the bottom of her lance's staff to help propel her before whirling it in her hands and stabbing the mother's side. It squealed viciously and tried to move in front of the last remaining piglet. It was honestly a troubling scene for her. "I-I think I'm okay. But it doesn't seem like I'm doing a lot of damage to her. And, just- Nng...why does this game have to be so realistic?" She fretted. The brunette kind of wished Lee was here. He wouldn't have any problem with killing anything.

ID: 22684

BD: 5+1Acc=6 (hit)

HP List:

Boar Mother: 23/25 -2dmg= 21/25

Lowenthal recovered, and prepared himself. Noticing Piera scored another hit, he spoke. "Another hit, good work. You're doing better than me when I started." Lowenthal laughed, as he prepared to attack the last piglet. Lowenthal's strike rang true, and the last baby piglet turned into crystals. "Alright, now I can URF!" As Lowenthal turned, the mother boar had rammed him. She was apparently angry with him. Perhaps it was for killing all of her children, that would normally incite anger of a sorts. Lowenthal shrugged the blow off, and spoke to Piera. "Okay, should be a much easier target now.

ID: 22729

BD: 6 (2+1+2 light momentum+1 keen)

MD: 9 (2dmg)

LD: 4

HP List:

Lowenthal:  47/50 -1(2dmg-1mit)

Boar Mother: 21/25

Piglet: Dead

Piera swallowed and nodded at Lowenthal's praise, not really feeling like she was doing that well. Maybe it was just because the boar she was up against had more health than the smaller ones. ...The...babies. Her babies. She watched as he dispatched the last one, which threw the mother into a rage and attacked him, barely damaging him. The brunette's expression was conflicted as Lowenthal stated calmly that the solitary mother boar would be easier to target now that all of her children were dead. "I.. I guess." She actually pitied the monster and resolved to try and dispatch her quickly. The boar was so distracted with Lowenthal, the murderer of her children that she didn't see Piera come up behind her and stab her.

ID: 22744

Lowenthal: 47/50

Boar Mother: 21/25-2=19/25

Lowenthal saw that Piera managed to land another hit. Lowenthal was actually kind of jealous. His first outing against mobs, he didn't land a single blow. And yet here Piera was, with what. 4 hits now? Lowenthal sighed, and swung at the boar. His kunai connected, and caused quite a good bit of damage. The boar riposted, and was able to get a decent hit on Lowenthal as well. "Ow! Damn bacon machine!" Lowenthal siad kicking the boar off of him. He looked at Piera, who had seemed to be less herself and more stoic throughout the fight. Perhaps she was being serious, or maybe she was concentrating. Perhaps she could be. One more hit, and I'll ask. Lowenthal thought.

ID: 22747

BD: 7 [6+1] 

MD: 10 [3dmg]

HP List:

Lowenthal:  45/50 -2[3dmg-1mit]

Boar Mother: 10/25(-9)

Piera's head whipped over to Lowenthal as the boar bowled into him. "You okay?" Her voice and expression held concern until she checked his HP bar. He wasn't hurt too badly, though she was worried about him 'tanking' through all of these monsters. The piglets didn't manage to do much to him, but now he had their very angry mother to deal with. In the back of her mind, she wondered if anger could make monsters attack more. Which then lead to a whole new set of worries, such as NPC's feeling emotions. Shaking off these philosophical thoughts, Piera focused on the here and now as she ran behind the boar to stab at its hindquarters, causing it to squeal in frustration. "I think we almost have it."

ID: 23097

Lowenthal: 45/50

Boar Mother: 8/25 (-2)

Lowenthal smiled as Piera scored another hit. Alright then, that's settled. Lowenthal said, confirming his thoughts. "I agree, I think that you may be right." Lowenthal agreed readying his kunai. Lowenthal decided to finish the fight. Lowenthal reached out with his kunai, driving it's tip into the boar's skull. The boar stopped moving, and then exploded into pixels. "Alright then. Piera, I have an important question." Lowenthal said, spinning his kunai one on finger, before sliding it into its sheath on his thigh.

ID: 23229

BD: 9 (+1dmg) [10dmg]

LD: 2 (No Drops)

Lowenthal: 45/50

Boar Mother: DEAD

Piera held her lance at the ready, letting Lowenthal get the first strike in after he acknowledged that the fight wouldn't last long now....and it certainly didn't. One blow from his kunai and the childless mother shattered into bright blue pixel shards, causing the brunette to blink in surprise. "Wow. That would have taken at least another three hits (if I could actually land them) to finish off." She stated, impressed at his damage as she twirled the bleeding lance in her hands before putting it away. Piera glanced over at Lowenthal as he called her name and told her that he had an important question. "Important? Okay..." She acknowledged, waiting for him to ask it as she shifted a bit nervously.

HP: 11/13(+1 out of combat regen)

Lowenthal looked at Piera intently. "I'm starting a guild. And I already have Jomei backing me on this. And I think you'd be a great addition to the team." Lowenthal said, he took another breath. "What the guild will do is, it will take in players such as yourself. People who want to go adventure, but don't want to be alone." Lowenthal said, explaining the idea of the guild he wanted to make. "And it would be run on a council of five members, and the majority of things will be voted on buy them. Such as new members, and front lining." Lowenthal said, shrugging his shoulders. 

Piera's eyebrows raised just fractionally, not thinking that Lowenthal was the 'guild' type, though what type was that, she wasn't entirely sure. He just didn't seem to be a player to join a mainstream front lining guild. But she stayed silent as he explained, stating that Jomei was already a part of it and that he wanted her to join as well! Her eyes blinked rapidly behind her oval glasses as she tried to think while simultaneously listening. The ideal of the guild sounded much different than any others she had seen or heard of. It was quite tempting... She nodded, liking the idea of the voting process than having a monarchy of sorts, where the leader of the guild decided on everything. But the corner's of her mouth tugged towards just slightly as he mentioned front lining.

The brunette was silent as her arms crossed and her right index finger tapped on her arm before she spoke. "This...definitely doesn't sound like a bad idea. It sounds like the sort of guild that should have been around from the start." She paused before asking, "You said Jomei is in, anyone else?" From the way he described it, she was relatively sure that since he just made the guild, that not a whole lot of people had joined yet. Then a nagging thought brought itself out of her lips. "So...this guild...it will be front lining?" She asked hesitantly before adding with a light nervous chuckle, "You do know my level...right?" She was no where near high enough to be able to fight on the front lines.

Lowenthal laughed. "No, only I will front line. That is until people feel ready. Then it'll be up to the council to see if they are." Lowenthal explained. "And I have plans for you. And Lee as well. I may be foolish, but not so much as to not have a plan." Lowenthal said, chuckling and rubbing the back of his neck. It was true that he was the strongest one in the guild so far. But he knew that others would come up from behind him, and either meet him or surpass him. He knew that Piera would be a great part of the guild, and even a great friend.

Piera smiled, letting out a small breath of relief as Lowenthal stated that he would be the only one going to fight on the front lines until other members felt ready and then the council would vote on if they were high enough leveled and so forth. It sounded like a nice system. Her eyebrows raised again as he stated that he had plans for Lee and herself. "Really? What sorts of plans?" The brunette was a little paranoid, which showed in her arm position (crossed over her chest) still but also genuinely curious. Then she realized that he must plan on asking Lee to join as well. "I can't say if Lee will accept or not, you'll have to ask him yourself. But...." Piera's smile turned soft and hopeful as she looked back up into Lowenthal's eyes. "I think I do want to join. Your guild sounds like the type of group I'd be proud to be a part of. I'm not sure what I can do to help, but please let me know if I can." She held out her hand, a symbol of trust and her accepting his invitation.

Lowenthal gave out a great smile, and reached out and gripped Piera by her forearm. Accepting the handshake. "Well then. Welcome to the Velvet Room." Lowenthal said happy that Piera said yes. "And besides that spear, I have a full set of items for Lee. And I'll be making your armor." Lowenthal said, thinking ahead. "After that, the only thing holding you back is your level. And that's no issue. I'm only level 24, and I plan on going to the frontlines as soon as they open." Lowenthal said, opening his menu and looking at his stats.