[PP-F1] To Learn to Heal <<Earning a living>> COMPLETED

{Piera & Lee ONLY}

Piera had considered long and hard after Lowenthal had told her about the ability to make potions and crystals. He said that he had done a quest called 'Earning a living' to become a tailor and set up his own shop. Picturing a little shop where she could sell her wares and get some col in, the brunette smiled to herself as she lounged on a chair in their room at an inn. It was a bit small to be honest...and pricey... "I wonder if you get a room above the shop when you do that 'Earning a living' quest Lowenthal was talking about." She thought out loud, Lee close by. Sitting up, Piera chewed on the inside of her cheek before stating again, "I think I'm going to do it." Looking up, she met Lee's eyes as she elaborated, "Become an alchemist. It'd help both of us, getting those crystals and potions and we'd get some cash flow. ...Will you help me?" She asked finally with a hopeful little smile.

Lee was standing up at the side of the table, simply not wanting to take a seat out of habit. He held his arms crossed over his chest as he had nothing else to do with them and a look on his face that seemed to give off a 'I-am-mad' appearance. This was actually far from the truth as he was simply standing, not really thinking anything. His eyes would shift down to Piera as she spoke about something Lowenthal had said to them about a job quest. "I dunno." She then spoke about doing it.

She went on to talk about wanting to become an alchemist as it would help them and increase the amount of money they could get. He rose his shoulders in a light shrug and placed his index finger onto the side of temple and pushed it playfully "I really don't care but sure, it'll give you something for me and I shall have all of the crystalline objects of various assortments!"

Piera didn't expect for Lee to know the answer to her query about a room above the shop and so didn't acknowledge his 'dunno'. Maybe she should message Lowenthal? Or...just find out herself! Looking up at him as he reached towards her, she flinched as he lightly poked her temple....repeatedly. Not hard or anything...just very annoying. "I hate you." She stated seriously as she glared up at him before continuing, "And your enthusiasm is noted. Well c'mon then! Let's get to...finding where the hell I go. Hm....that's a pretty good question actually. Lowenthal didn't really mention where this quest was." The brunette had stood upon saying 'c'mon' but didn't move, simply stroking her bottom with her index finger as she thought. "Maybe...just go ask an alchemist? An NPC one? Or maybe a player..." She shrugged before taking Lee's hand in hers and leading him out of there room. "We'll find out eventually." She stated positively as they walked through the inn to outside. It was about noon and the starting city was bustling. There were numerous shops strewn about the city but she thought she remembered one that had potions and the like and so walked towards that area, still hand in hand with her companion. 

"Love you too." He responded to her hate comment. He would just simply stare at her as she spoke about them heading out but had no idea where exactly it was they needed to do or who it was they needed to talk too. "Geinus farmer, genius." He commented on her intelligence of the overall situation and the lack of information she had gotten from Lowenthal. She brought up that she should possibly try and find someone with the job class or maybe just an NPC and then took hold of his hand and began to move. He gave no resistance to this and simply moved in pace with the girl.

"I don't know jack sh*t about what to do so I'm just going to follow along." 

Piera simply stuck her tongue out at Lee when he made the 'genius' comment but continued on their way. As they walked and looked, she used her free hand to reach up and pat the top of his head. "Good boy." They got a bit lost but eventually they did find an Alchemist shop. It was tucked away and had plants growing in flowerbeds in the windowsills as well as in pots that hung from the porch's roof. Tentatively opening the pane windowed door, Piera looked around the seemingly empty shop. "Hello?" She wasn't sure if this was an NPC or player run shop so there was the possibility of nobody being here. Though she was fairly sure that if they had left, that they would have locked the door. Her suspicions confirmed, a bit older than middle aged lady stood up from behind the counter where she had been hidden, a beaker in hand. "Hello there. Can I interest you in some potions? Perhaps crystals?" 

Seeing that somebody was actually here and that it was only an NPC gave Piera a bit of confidence and she walked up to the counter. "Ah no, actually I was wondering if you would be able to teach me how to become an alchemist?"  

The NPC lady seemed to brighten at this question as she smiled and nodded. "Why, yes! Oh goodness me, I haven't had an apprentice in goodness knows how long." She seemed to busy herself, setting down the beaker and gathering some other things. "These young new adventurers these days just don't seem to be interested in the finer art of alchemy. Not as flashy or well...adventurous as most of the other professions." She sighed before regaining her smile. "My name is Agatha dear. A pleasure to meet you. Might I know your names?" She looked between the two of them before asking, "Are both of you interested in becoming alchemists?"

Lee let her pat him atop his head but making sure that she had to reach up for it. With Piera in the lead, they were not on the right track for awhile as they were lost quickly but he was in no rush so he just let it happen. Though eventually they found what it was they were looking for hopefully. Piera went into the shop first with Lee in toe as she called out in a 'hello' to which he would add loudly "Yo! Anyone Home?" And surely enough after just a moment, a old lady spoke out t which he would then remain quiet. The talk between the two ended up being about, well, what they came here for. 

Lee let his eyes begin to wonder as he glanced at whatever seemed worthy of his eye at the time. The old lady seemed happy that someone wanted to be a alchemist. He let his arms cross over his chest as he looked over more things till he heard the old lady ask their names and which caught his attention first and then asked if they were both wanting to take the job. He would raise his hand up while his arms were still crossed as if to tell her to stop "Nah." He would then point toward Piera "She's the hotshot aiming for this exclusive position." He would then let his hand come back down to rest as he would start his looking around once again.

Piera had shot Lee a glare at his loud and a bit rude exclamation.  When he answered Alchemist Agatha's second question, an eyebrow was raised as Piera glanced at him. "Hotshot?" She asked blankly before shaking her head and replying more thoroughly. "I'm Piera, this is Lee."  The lady smiled and nodded. "Well then it's nice to make your acquaintance. Now to get you started..." Agatha turned and began to root around in various cabinets and cubbyholes before eventually pulling out a small and rather dusty mortar and pestle, setting it down on the counter. "This will help you make potions, but in order to be able to try making a potion, you'll need ingredients." A window popped up on Piera's heads up display, asking if she would like to accept the quest 'Earning a Living' to become an alchemist. Smiling over at Lee, she pressed 'accept', which then lead to another pop up, listing ingredients that she would need to collect to try making a potion.

"You can find all of these ingredients in the grasslands nearby, from plants and those pesky beetles. Their juicy glands are quite useful." Piera nodded in understanding and automatically replied, "Thank you." She actually had forgotten that she had been speaking to an NPC. Agatha chuckled and replied, "Don't thank me yet dear. I'll only accept you as an alchemist if you can bring me back a proper health potion. It might take a while to get it right." The lady warned sagely, to which the brunette nodded again and was starting to get a little worried, wondering how long this might take. "Well I'll start right away." Depositing the mortar and pestle into her inventory, Piera raised a hand to give a small wave to the NPC shop owner before tugging on Lee's sleeve as she went to leave. As soon as they exited the shop, she sighed. "I think this is going to be one of those quests where it's not really difficult, just time consuming."

Lee quickly turned his attention to Piera as she said his name "Hey, hey, whoa, hey, whoa. Hey. Woah." He would then just stop as he didn't really elaborate on it any further and just as quickly, he turned his attention to some random plant against a wall. As she was talking, it was then given to her to option of taking the quest for the job. He looked at her and gave her a weird face as she smiled to him and she accepted the quest. He cringed as she spoke of juicy bug glands "To much information, way to much information." As the old lady warned Piera that she was yet to be thanked as she was not a alchemist yet, Lee would add.

"That means don't fu*k up, just FYI." Then, they were leaving as Piera pulled on his sleeve to which he would finally uncross his arms and head out. She spoke of how she thought the quest was going to be and that it was going to be time consuming. He would interlock his fingers behind his head and raise his shoulders "Because we have so much else going on."

Piera would withhold any further comments to Lee until they were outside the shop and then she turned towards him. "AUGH!" She took his shoulders and shook him in annoyance. "Just because I'm talking to an NPC doesn't mean you can just say whatever! Gah... You're lucky you're a tank. Or at least on your way to being one." She crossed her arms and turned away from him with her nose in the air, as if she didn't even care if he existed. "And I'm just saying that I don't want to have to literally grind for these ingredients or materials or whatever for dayS straight." She put an emphasis on the plural of 'days'. Pulling up the quest on her menu, she surveyed the information and her nose wrinkled as she remembered the lady's comment about bug glands. "So to the grasslands we go I guess." 

It took less time for them to navigate their way out of the starting city as they didn't get lost at all this time. As the couple approached the grassy meadows, Piera spotted something familiar and beamed. "Dandelions!" She approached the plant and knelt down in front of it. As she reached towards it, a menu popped up, declaring that it was a 'hawkweed'. Blinking, the brunette pulled open the quest menu again and stated, "I actually need this." She pointed to the list for Lee before dismissing the windows and reaching down to pick the weed. She got a clump of three hawkweeds and deposited them into her inventory just as she heard a low buzzing sound.

ID: 22347

LD: 17

Lee would just slap a large grin over his face as Piera was finally able to lay hands on his person for what he had done. He would turn his head to the side and wave a hand in her face nonchalantly "Future tanks do not concern themselves with things such as 'manners' or other non-tank-like feelings." She then went on to say that she wasn't entirely enjoying the thought of having to get these items for days as it would become tedious and eventually boring. He would let his attention return back to her "Oh I'm sure it wont be That bad." As she spoke of the grasslands, they were off within the moment.

The plains were simple enough as Lee continued to walk with his arms at his sides, his left wrist resting on the hilt of his sword, just in case. His new Summertime Blaze buckler was equip to his arm now and he hoped that they would get a chance to use it. As they were walking, Piera threw out what seemed like the random word of 'dandelion' and went running over to what he would assume to be the yellow flowers. It seemed that it was not what she originally thought it to be but it was something she needed for her quest. "Then pull that sucker up and let's get...some...more." His attention would slowly turn away as the buzzing came to his ears. He would pull his sword out and raise up his shield slightly.

Piera couldn't help but have a only slightly annoyed grin at Lee's antics. At least he was embracing his 'tankness'. After she successfully picked her hawkweed, the brunette deposited them into her inventory. The brunette glanced up at Lee from her kneeling position as his sentence became slowed down and distracted. Standing and looking in the direction that he was, Piera pulled out her spear as a beetle floated towards them at a breakneck speeds......at least for it she was sure. It sort of reminded her of a carpenter bee, slow and somewhat stupid. It headed straight for Lee....and completely missed. The beetle sailed past him and headed straight for what Piera thought was her, and so swung her lance wildly with a panicked shriek. And ended up just smacking herself in the face with the spear's staff. "Oww..." She whined, rubbing her forehead. 

ID: 22472

BD: 1+1Acc=2 (misss)

MD: 2 (miss)

HP List:

Piera: 15/15

Lee: 15/15

Beetle: 5/5 

ID: 22573 Battle: 8 Mob: 4

Lee let himself turn to face in the direction of the sound and found that it was coming from a common and predictable source. A bug. A large bug but a bug none the less. He wasn't rightly sure if he would just swing the broad side of his sword at it to knock it for a loop or just bash it with his shield. Before he could do anything of the sort, the bug zipped right by him as he took a step to the side and he watched as Piera lost control of her possessed weapon. And then slapped herself in the face with it to which he let out a sigh. "Smooth as silk."

He wouldn't let the bug take that chance to capitalize on her move as he rose his shield and rushed at the bug, shifting to the side to dodge a strike from its stinger and slashing at the insect "Have at thee!"

HP List:

Beetle: 4/5 

Piera blushed and stuttered, "S-Shuddup an just kill it!" Great Alyssa, way to show him that you've improved. She thought angrily to herself before focusing on the annoying insect. Lee managed to make a successful slash at it, though said enemy didn't seem to really care about the one point of damage, though it was still a fair bit out of its' HP bar. Trying to utilize the long distance of her lance's pole, Piera attempted to slash downwardly at it instead of stabbing, figuring that it would have less chance of missing. This thinking was quite right, as she managed to severely cripple the beetle, shredding one of its wings and cutting off a couple legs. Smiling smugly now, she told Lee, "One more hit should do it."

ID: 22693

BD: 9+1Acc=10 (hit)

MD: 2 (miss)

HP List:

Beetle: 4/5 -2dmg(+1crit dmg)= 1/5

ID 22915 Battle 5 Mob 3

Lee laughed only lightly at the remark Piera had made to which he would raise his hands up and shake his head in a non-threatening manner. "Hey, I'm not judging." He watched as she then took a swing at the bug and to his surprise, made up for her little mishap earlier to which he would look wide eyed and clap the broadside of his sword against his shield in a clapping motion "Kudos, kudos." He would then watch as the bug seemed to kinda flail about in the air and toward him and with a swing of his sword...it would miss the creature as it also aimed to strike at him to which he would dodge in turn. "Whoa there."

HP List:

Beetle: 1/5 

Piera smiled brightly as Lee acknowledged the fact that she hadn't sucked. It was a rather good hit...for once. Beetles were surprisingly hard to hit though, as it sporratically buzzed up and down and around, its flying ability severely hindered due to one of its wings being nearly useless. "Daw." She stated sympathetically as Lee missed before dodging the beetle trying to barrel into him. She used the insect's momentum to try and slash it again. Her strike finished it off, causing it to gave a frantic clicking noise before shattering into bright blue shards, causing a pop up to appear on Piera's menu, stating that she had been awarded some experience, 25 col and... "A beetle gland. Mmm yummy." She stated with a somewhat disgusted chuckle before dismissing the window. Glancing over at Lee she asked, "Did you get anything?" She hoped that since they were in a party together that they would share some experience at least, though she was fairly sure that loot was only awarded to the player that dealt the killing blow.

ID: 23096

BD: 8 (hit)

LD: 14

HP List:

Beetle: 1/5-2dmg= 0/5 (dead)

Lee turned his attention to Piera as he raised his shield up to protect himself if the beetle were to attack again and gave out a elongated sigh at her 'daw'. While he was usually one to try and find that special program or glitch in the system, usually once they started to try and kill him off the bat, he wasn't one for the turn around. She was able to land a successful blow against the bug and finally drop it for its loot. He would lower his guard with a raised brow as she called the gland 'yummy' but then shook his head to get the idea out of it. She would then ask if he got anything from the fight to which he would nod only slightly.

"No items but the basic col and experience and that's good enough to hold me over. Do we need to go on the hunt for more glands or weeds?"

Piera tilted her head to the left and right before shrugging. "At least that's something. Would be cool if we both got some glands. Guess that would be too easy." She put away her spear before opening the quest menu and checking her inventory. "Both actually. Hopefully if we keep picking some dandelions, more beetles will find us. Save us the trouble." The brunette dismissed the windows before beginning to walk, keeping her eyes peeled for the small yellow flowered plant. "Ah! There are some more." Piera pointed before running over to a nice clump and squatting down to try and pick them. Though there were several in the group, when she tried to pick them, she only got one. Frowning, the spear-woman wondered if there was some sort of flower picking skill that made this easier. "This is gonna take a while..." She grumbled as she deposited the hawkweed into her inventory.

ID: 23200

LD: 12

Lee would move his sword up to come and rest on his shoulder as he placed his free hand onto his hip and nod his head in agreement that something was better than nothing in this situation. While he knew he wouldn't get any real items out of this quest, he did want to at least get some experience out of it all. Even the money was secondary. She did speak that they in fact needed to find more ingredients to which Lee would let out a sigh but at the same time, would let a smile cross his lips. This was still enough to actually get some more experience from the ordeal so it had a bright side. 

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped as he turned his head to the side. He paused for more than a moment as he would lower his sword down and raise his shield "I hear more flying glands ooovvvveeerrrrrrr....." He would continue to turn till his eyes came to fall onto a set of bugs buzzing around toward them to which he would use his sword to point toward them "...there."

Piera smiled slightly upon hearing Lee's sigh and glanced over at him, seeing his own smile before hers grew in response. She stopped walking when he stilled and looked over in another direction before stating that he heard the 'flying glands'. He paused and turned until he spotted more beetles, pointing his sword in their direction to indicate. Getting out her spear once again, Piera lamented, "If only we had a bug bomb. Or even just a can of Raid." Chuckling, the brunette ran towards the beetles, catching their attention. The first beetle dive bombed Piera, aiming straight for her face and she flinched with a shriek, waving her arms instead of her weapon. Growling in annoyance that it had even taken away one HP, she whirled her lance, slashing at the infuriating insect as the second beetle sailed past her towards Lee...and then straight past him.

ID: 23423

BD: 8(+1Acc)=9 (hit)

MD: 6 (hit)

ID: 23419

MD: 4 (miss)

HP List:

Piera: 14/15 (-1)

Beetle: 3/5 (-2)

Beetle: 5/5

ID:23614 BD:MOB:3

Lee chuckled as she spoke about wishing to have a can of bug spray or a bomb of insecticide. "I'm sure that that wouldn't be good for anyone's health. This is supposed to be a green game, ya know, safe for the forest and what not." He would watch as she would charge in and was able to strike one and miss another and have the same happen to her. Thankfully enough, they were not hurt much from the one bug so this wasn't all that worrisome. 

He would then follow suit but decided that he would rather to target the one that she had missed. He would lunge forward with his sword placed just above his shield as it burned and would thrust it at the beetle, able to strike it and protect himself from the bug by moving slightly to the left. "You ever get that song stuck in your head that doesn't fit the situation? Like a pop song in the middle of a fight?" He would raise his shield up to defend himself from an attack that may or may not come as he posed the question.

HP List:

Piera: 14/15

Beetle: 3/5 

Beetle: 4/5 (-1)