[PP-F2] Kill the Grind (Mordred & Lee)

The fields swayed as the noirette crossed through them. The mountains in the distance served as goal for her. A challenge she was ready to push herself on. Gaining as many materials as he she could from Urbus to that mountain. Her search would start immediately and just as instantly yield results. Her gaze shifted over a cluster of rocks. Materializing her pick-axe, she waltzed over to the rocks and brought her pick down like a hammer. The pick smashed through cluster and collected her a total of four materials. Grinning, she realized that this maybe a perfect time to meet other along the way. They could perhaps chum it up over mat collection, however, she wasn't going to go out of her way to meet said chums.

[22587] LD: 17

[22590] LD: 17

[22591] LD: 16

[22592] LD: 4

[22593] LD: 17

Materials Gathered: 4

Lee had figured that whilst he did not have any actual profession, he wanted to prepare himself for when he did and in order to do this, he needed to get materials for said building. He was a little hazy on the entire subject but was willing to give it a go and try out for the best. He figured that somewhere near both a grassy area and a solid rock area would be a good place to start. He lowered himself down by the mountain side and began to search through the rubble and patches of grass but as one would expect, he simply found nothing. 

He let himself fall back slightly to sit upon the backs of his legs as he would just look at the rocks in a quizzical manner. "Why wont you give me things!?"

[22620] LD: 11
[22623] LD: 1

[22624] LD: 5

[22627] LD: 9

[22628] LD: 4

Mordred had given up on his previous area, and had moved to a different one. Apperntly this area was a decent one, as two other players were here as well. Mordred would not engage in conversation, unless conversed with first however. And he began his 'farming' of materials. mordred begand looking for logs, and rocks, and anything that looked like it could be picked up and usable. He would need a blacksmith, so he looked for ores, and wood. After rumming through, he was able to find three materials. Satisfied, Mordred looked elsewhere.

ID:22748  LD:10 (nothing)

ID: 22749  LD:17 (Mat found)

ID: 22750  LD:5(Nothing)

ID: 22751  LD:18 (Mat found)

ID: 22752  LD:20 (mat found)

Mats Found: 3

This are seemed to be very abundant or maybe well known as she noticed another two players enter her vicinity. While one seemed upset that his search yielded no results, the other seemed to just want to collect his materials and keep to himself. Lancelot smirked as an idea occurred to her. "Hey you two! I noticed you guys are also gathering materials. I have a proposition. You guys see that mountain up there? I propose that we all search from here to their and whoever finds the most materials wins. The losers have to offer up a material to the winner. Does that sound intriguing?" The noirette stared at the two players around her. Suddenly a red blush appeared on her cheeks as she realized she hadn't even introduced herself yet. "My apologies, I have yet to introduce myself. My name is Lancelot, yours?" As she waited on their responses, she decided to look for a few more materials. Collecting one from the surrounding area.

[22776] LD: 16

[22777] LD: 13

[22778] LD: 3

[22779] LD: 5

[22780] LD: 12

Materials Gathered: 5

Lee scratched the back of his head with a single finger, not really wishing to get his dirty hands into his hair to which he thought for a brief moment if dirt would actually get into his hair. It was amidst this train of thought that he broke away as a voice called out to 'two'. He let his attention rise to see a woman with dark hair speaking about what they were all doing to which Lee would look to a white haired man whom also seemed to be doing the hunting as well. Once she spoke about the mountain, Lee would glance up to where she spoke and than proposed a race of sorts. 

The parameters of this was the one with the most wins and he was already at the @ssend of this from his complete lack of anything. Though.... "I think that would make shuffling around looking for things a bit less boring so I'm in." He would rise to his feet and brush his legs off as he would glance back up at the now flushed woman as she spoke herself to be called Lancelot. Lee's face lit up as he snapped his fingers and pointed at her "Now That is a name." He would glance down and take note of something under his foot to which he would [censored] up and he would be able to add one material off his list.

He would then look to the woman "The name's Lee." He would tilt his head to the side in a bow to Lancelot and then turn his attention to the man to which he would place a hand onto his own chest and bow in his direction in a greeting.

[22896] LD 8
[22897] LD 17

[22900] LD 5

[22903] LD 11

[22906] LD 1

Material: 1

Moredred continued his shuffling around in the grass and dirt for materials. He picked up rocks, checking to see if they had ores. He picked up sticks and branches for kindling. Only finding a lone mat, Mordred turned his head to the mountain behind him. The he heard a female voice. Loud, brash, yet somehow seemed kind and bashful. He turned, and politely listened. She mentioned something of a contenst. That intrigued Mordred, enough to speak at least. Before he could, the man to his right spoke. Introducing himself in a poliete, albiet odd manner. Mordred returned a bow to the man, trying to be poliete to him. "I go by Mordred. I'm glad we share a similar intrest, Madam Lancelot." Mordred said, now turning to Lee. "And a pleasure to meet you as well, Ser Lee." Mordred said, strands of his silver hair whisping about in the wind. "I would accept your invitation." Mordred said, awaiting for the contest to begin.

ID: 23105 LD: 2 (No Mat)

ID: 23106 LD: 16 (Mat Found)

ID: 23107 LD: 11 (No Mat)

ID: 23108 LD: 1 (No Mat)

ID: 23109 LD: 7 (No Mat)

Total Mat's: 4

Lee was the first to respond. Introducing himself with a kind bow. Returning the gesture, although with a curtsy. Mordred followed suit in terms of introduction, though his vernacular was rather peculiar and uniform. She didn't mind however, seeing as he was quite polite in his mannerisms. As both men took her up on her offer, Lance smiled at them and made sure to clarify the rules. "Well like I stated earlier, are challenge will begin here, and end when we get to the foot of the mountain a little ways up. I currently have five materials and from what I can tell, that's the most of all three of us giving me a slight edge. That being said, may the odds be in your favor fellas! Also the two losers still must offer up a material to the winner." Glancing at the two, a smile curled on the edges of her lips before she issued the search to begin. "Well without further ado, lets start."

The noirette immediately took of in the direction of a rocky cluster. Her goal was to pick up all the ores for smithing she could since she need a new weapon and some armor. As she searched through the rocks, she was able to collect a couple more ores. Looking over her shoulder, she tried to keep an eye on the other two. With her count up to seven, she hoped to keep a nice lead over the boys. 

[23984] LD: 17

[23985] LD: 7

[23986] LD: 13

[23987] LD: 1

[23988] LD: 20

Materials Gathered: 7

[OOC: Mordred's 21st post will be the cutoff. I'll announce the winner on Post 22.] 

Lee was pleased that everyone was as forward with their introductions as he had met a few people that were what he would deem loners in their own right. He didn't particularly like those types of individuals. He turned his attention to Mordred as he would reply in kind to his greeting and a smile would come across his lips as he let a smug look cross over his lips "I'mma ser." He would then bring his attention to Lancelot as she clarified the rules just a bit more and spoke of herself in the lead so far but it was a game so it things could change. As she spoke of the game starting, Lee would quickly begin to look around himself and move to some rocks seemingly piled atop one another and moved them out of the way and was able to find something there.

As he continued to look for more, he would begin speaking whilst shuffling through some grass "So, small talk. How is everyone joying the game so far? Pushing the whole 'death' but to the back-burner I mean." He would pull another material out of a small patch of flowers as he moved just a bit further up the hill.

[24241]LD: 13

[24242]LD: 09

[24243]LD: 05

[24244]LD: 16 (1)

[24245]LD: 20 (1)

Material: 3

((Apperntly the rules have changed, so that only one roll per post. I will post with that rule in mind.))

ID: 14314

LD: 4 (no mats)

Total Mats: 4

Mordred began searching for materials as he was walking ahead. He was behind Lee, who had taken the lead. And the girl, Lancelot was behind him. She had a smug look on her face, perhaps she had already won. Well, she would win if Mordred couldn't find anymore materials. Mordred sighed, not wanting to lose. Even if it was a forgien concept for him, to 'gather materials' in a video game. Mordred was still competative in a way, back when he participated in contests in the real world.  "This realm is signifficantly different. And I've never played a 'video game' before until now."  Mordred admitted, answering the man who looked like a knight. "So every day has been a learning experience." 

"It could be worse I suppose, " stated Lance as he continued her search. "I more or less feel that this world is quite similar to our real one. Not much difference aside from the fact there's an end goal. You only get one life for real and one life here. Yet people are breaking down left and right about that fact. Why should tread any differently here? Because there are beast's actively trying to kill us? Nay, I will treat it the same. Just like in life, you have to progress to mover forward. it's no different here."  Her speech was a bit lengthy but the question had set her off for whatever reason.  "Sorry about the rant guys, " apologized the noirette as she failed to uncover another material.

[24391] LD: 8

Materials Gathered: 7

Lee continued to look around, aiming to look for something that stood out but currently, nothing actually bared much fruit. He would raise his head to look back to Mordred as he spoke with quite the regal tone and spoke of never actually picking up a video game prior to this. He would scratch the back of his head "Sorry for the crappy first introduction to the gaming scene. It is usually way funner than this but glad that something good is coming out of this for ya. Knowledge is power!" He would then continue his search and head toward a small spot as Lancelot spoke.

She actually spoke of the worlds having more in common than people were willing to admit. He reached down and took hold of an object and retrieved a material as he would turn his attention toward her. Lee would shake his head and raise a thumb up in her direction "Hell naw. That is a refreshing thing to hear! Preachin to the virtual choir." He would then glance around as if he dropped something in search of more materials. 

[24418] LD: 18(1)

Material: 4

ID: 24652

LD: 8

Morded walked up the hill, listening to the woman's words. "I believe I understand." He said, looking for the items called materials. He didn't know what to look for, as he'd been lucky in finding his materials thus far. He turned his attention to Lee. "I agree. Knowledge is power indeed. What actually got me moving forward is the need to actually do something. Should I die, than fine." Mordred said, laying it all out for them.

The girl smirked at Lee's response. His being something she hadn't expected. However, Lancelot's brow raised at Mordred's response. "For a fellow of elegance and etiquette, can one not assume you also have a pride that would be at wits end with your statement? Can you so easily say your life is nothing more than random factor in this world? The real world? I'm sorry but I cannot fathom that. Not for a second." More words filled her mind as she paused. She had plenty more to rattle off but she stopped herself. She didn't  know Mordred or his situation back home. Rather than belittle the man who has been nothing short of kind, she shut her mouth and just continued to look for materials. It seemed that she was in luck however. A small stone jutted from a patch of grass just ahead of her. Ahh and another one for my collection!

[24919] LD: 15

Materials Gathered: 8

Mordred listened to the woman intently. "Well, I did not mean to sound like that." Mordred said, explaining himself. "I do not think that I'll die eaisilly. Not without making a mark on this realm." Mordred said. "The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to lay idle and do nothing. Which is why I decided to finally do something."  Mordred finished, looking around for materials. Again, not finding anything useful. He had basically given up finding materials at this point, not worth trying. There was no way he could catch up to Lancelot.

ID: 25039

LD: 9

Lee continued to look around on the ground for more items of interest as he listened to the compliment from Mordred about knowledge. When he spoke about being okay to die, this brought Lee's head up and looking around in the direction of the white haired man quizzically. He would then turn his attentions over toward Lancelot as she spoke her peace about the words and Mordred saying that it was not his intent to make himself sound suicidal and as Lee found another material, he would speak "You win some, you lose some but what matters is what you do afterwards in my personal opinion."

[25380] LD: 18(1)

Material: 5

• 6 months later...