(PP-FLOOR 4) Smells Like Lemon Spirit // Lowenthal

To Carmine, the low temperatures of Floor 4 were perfect compared to what she'd experienced when on a quest in the desert with Jomei. That, and the fact that she had on the perfect attire, almost all the time, for colder weather, made for a good time. Feeling adventurous and all sorts of curious, Carmine skipped around the safe-zone to take in the new scenery and enjoy the surroundings. Different styled buildings, different locations, tons of shops, and different faces; Carmine was having the time of her life by simply walking around, talking to a few players now and then just to be social. Though, this act was far from new unlike the rest of the things she happened to be viewing. Carmine was always childish, always entertained, always so very immature unless the situation called for something a little less her style: maturity.

Tired of the group she'd join, Carmine left with a wave, beginning to head out of the safe-zone and into the snow-covered fields. The sun had sunk to mid-level in the sky, meaning the day was already coming to a close thus Carmine felt the need to hurry up and explore before having to retire due to darkness that made it hard to navigate in Aincrad. The twenty-six year old ventured out into the wilderness, without a care really, wanting to see if being outside the safe-zone of Floor 4 was anything like the other floors she'd been able to scope out in the past.

After a while of treading snow-barren land, Carmine huffed and planned to go back to Floor 1 once in the city again, but happened to spot an animal in the distance. Excited to possibly manage a kill before leaving, Carmine sprung forward on her feet planning to jump the poor thing, successfully clashing into whatever it was. Unfortunately, the "thing" wasn't even a MOB but instead a snowman built by previous players. Face-planted in a mound of snow, Carmine groaned and felt the cold finally felt her body temperature begin to drop as the snow touched parts of bare skin. Lifting her head to meet the eyes of another player, Carmine groaned internally before spitting out snow.

"I meant to do that."

Lowenthal watched the player crash into his snowman. "Really? I worked hard on that." Lowenthal said, pouting. He laughed however. "That was an impressive attack however." Lowenthal complimented, laughing. Lowenthal walked over to the player and offered his hand. "Lowenthal, Master of Shadows. And you?" Lowenthal said, introducing himself.

"Hmm?" Carmine raised a brow, still a little dazed from the slight mishap though her thoughts quickly caught up with what was happening. "Oh. OH." The woman lifted herself from the ground with the help of Lowenthal, brushing leftover snow off her body after letting go of his hand in attempt to find warmth and make sure that cold snow wouldn't touch her anywhere from the knee up after what'd happen. "Ew. Snowman guts. Sorry about that." Carmine lifted a long leg, making a huge sidestep in order to escape the mound of snow she stood in, and after succeeding turned to meet the eyes of the male player.

"I didn't know this snowman, but I will be grieving over your loss and my first homicide for a long time." She joked, pretending to be sad before curling the corner of her lips up. "I'm Carmine oh great Master of Shadows. So, where'd you get the bada*s title? I need one too." The twenty-six year old inspected Lowenthal, finding nothing wrong with him. He'd already proven to be nice anyways. And an expert snowman builder, which was like a plus one for him.

Lowenthal raised an eyebrow to her. She seemed so, familiar. She reminded him of Ahti, a girl he used to have a crush on. He didn't know if that was a good thing or not yet. He decided to at least try to know her better, before jumping to conclusions. "A pleasure to meet you Carmine." Lowenthal said, leaning against a tree. "And I got my title, because someone gave it to me." Lowenthal said, leaning against a tree. Coincidentally, it was Ahti, the woman that Carmine reminded him of that gave him his title. Lowenthal liked it so much, he decided to keep it.

• 2 months later...

"Yeah, I know. No need to remind me of how great I am." She stood before a casually comfortable Lowenthal, arms crossed under her chest. It wasn't cold as it would be in the real world because then her clothes would be wet; now they merely had pieces of snow stuck to the beginner's cloth. No big deal. "So you didn't give it to yourself, huh? Must be serious business then." Nodding, with an expression that mimicked a serious one, Carmine flipped her crimson hair idly before speaking again. "I wonder what mine would be. Maybe Miss Awesome or something like that. Are you a lone wolf type?" Suddenly, she switched the topic from her to him as another question formed in her mind.