[SP:FL1] Arts and Crafts: Earning A Living ABANDONED

Mayuri had given her profession a lot of thought. She had found there to be many of them, and each had their advantages and disadvantages, but there was only one of them that seemed like something Shay might want to do: Artisan. In the real world, Shay was all about the arts and crafts. She knew how to do quite a great many things: sew, knit, crochet, make jewelry, paper crafts, needle felting, book binding, all of this she could do. She had little fine art skills, but if they were something she could learn in game, then it would be something that she could do.

The pretty raven-haired girl had done her homework and found that there was a rather easy version of the Artisan quest though she would have to travel a little outside the city to find it. Mai wasn’t very worried about this as she had traveled outside town many times now and she was getting much better at using her weapon.  After Life helped her to vanquish the Nepent, she felt a boost in her confidence and felt ready to take on much more than she thought she could before. Mai walked under the blue sky skipping along all the way to her destination.

The girl made it to a small cottage upon the side of a hill to where the Artisan NPC, Freesia, lived. The area where the cottage resided was rather pretty. The hillside was covered in a multitude of flowers in various colors, and there was a carefully manicured garden beside the small house. There was an animal pen where there were several fluffy, fat sheep, and beside that, there were rows of trees beside the home covered in white threads. She found this sight rather unusual, but she figured there must be a reason for the trees to look that way. Mai followed the stone path up to the front door where she knocked.

“Come in!†a voice called to her.

Mai opened the door to find a young NPC not much older than herself, stirring something over the fire.

“I hope I’m not intruding!†Mai said as she entered. The young woman blushed and felt rather silly. Of course she wasn’t intruding, the NPC was there as a starting point for her quest.

“Not at all!†Freesia said brightly, “what can I do for you?†she asked.

“Well I was hoping you could tell me how to become an Artisan?â€

“But of course!†the NPC said.

A screen popped up and Mai opened the quest and the NPC began to speak again.

“Your task will be to learn to create ink and a silk spool. You will need these to make your first project. Your flowers must all be the same color, you will learn to combine colors later to make other inks. You must also collect silk from our silk worms in the trees beside the house. Just be careful, there are a few hostile ones in our stead.â€

Mai nodded. “I think I can do that.†She hit the quest accept button and the full instructions showed on her HUD.

EARNING A LIVING

Collect 3 flowers in the same color, 2 piece of silk worm silk, and return to Freesia.

Flowers  0/3

Silkworm Silk 0/2

LD: 13

NOTHING

Mai headed outside the cottage and started walking down the hill as she began to look for the proper flower to pick. They all showed icons, but Mai really wanted to find blue ones. She had something in mind and she needed blue ones to complete her project. She wondered if it were possible to mix specific shades of blue, or if it would only make primary blue. The young woman decided she would end up doing more research on the subject. For now, her first priority was looking for  blossoms in the correct color. 

LD: 12

NOTHING

Shay bounced along the field of flowers looking around for blues ones but not seeing any around here. There were many other vibrant colors: reds, oranges, deep purples, golden yellows, but not one single blue one around. “I know I saw blue ones when I was heading up the path,†she told herself as she began to wander down the hill and back toward the way she came. Mai figured that certain flowers on grew in certain parts of the field and she would have to figure out where they were and hopefully find enough of them to finish her quest.