[PP-F1] Let's Hunt Some Nepents! <Secret Medicine of the Forest> (Goldenarroz) COMPLETE!

Greg, after successfully becoming a beginner blacksmith, decided that he needed a new sword to tide him over before he made one of his own. Hearing that the quest <Secret Medicine of the Forest> gave out an <Anneal Blade> as a reward, Greg opted to take the quest on. First, however, he'd need to find someone to party up with...

Golden was strolling around town and watching as the town woke up in the morning. He sighed as he decided to take a walk when he spots a boy that he's never seen before take the quest of <Secret Medicine of the Forest>. Golden never had to take that quest because he was able to pay for a pretty sick sword at a low level so taking the quest for a new blade would be quite pointless. However, there were newbies taking the quest and they would probably require help from more experienced players. Golden saw that the person was alone so he decided to go ahead and introduce himself. He walked up and said, "Haven't see you around! My name is Goldenarroz, call me Golden. Nice to meet you, what is your name?" Golden asked and continued once the new player answered those questions. "So you're taking the quest huh? I think I can help you out with it... that is if you want."

"My name is Goldenarroz, Call me Golden. Nice to meet you, what's your name?" Greg heard from behind him. Turning around, he saw the user in question.

"The name's Greg." He responds.

"So you're taking the quest, huh? I think I can help you out with that... that is if you want." Golden proceeded to say.

"Sure, i could use help with it. I'm after a better sword than my current one, since i don't actually have much Col on me." Greg responds, opening his menu and sending a party request to the other player.

Golden sees a pop-up box appear before him. He clicked accept, hoping to gain some EXP from this quest and it would be the first time that he would be battling a Little Nepent. 

Goldenarroz has accepted a party invite from Greg Baxen.

Golden has had experience with some of these quests and the best way to find these items were to kill as much of the same mob as possible. Golden smiled at Greg and said, "I'm ready to go." before walking toward the exit of the safe zone. He liked these easy quests because there was pretty much zero chance of failure. Golden walked in a fairly fast pace... hoping to be able to achieve the finish of this quest quickly and easily.

Once Golden and Greg reached the outside of the safe zone, Golden led the way to the forest cautiously, just in case any mobs manage to attack them on the way there. Luckily, no mobs bothered to bother the group of two and they safely reached the forest. Here, Golden decides to find a group of Little Nepents and assault them at once so there would be a greater chance of finding the medicine ingredient which was required to find for the quest. Golden caught a glimpse of a mob lurking around with his search & detect skill which had been quite useful recently. Golden put a finger to his lips so that Greg would be quiet and slowly walked toward the mob. This is a Little Nepent alright... There are two! Golden recognized another one hidden in the bush. Perfect, he thought before charging towards them.

ID: 23145

BD: 9 (6 DMG+Paralysis)

MD: Paralyzed

Golden ran up to the stronger little nepent in hopes of dealing the first damage and he had successfully done so. After cutting the head of the nepent. It growled. Golden smiled when he saw a glimpse of electricity throughout the nepent's body. Paralysis from my blade... Golden realized and called out to Greg. "Get the weaker nepent ok?" Golden focused on the nepent he was dealing with after that.

Goldenarroz (35/35)

Big Nepent (12/18) -6

Greg Baxen (13/13)

Little Nepent (7/7)

[OOC You control the little nepent for it will only be attacking you and not me. The Big Nepent will only be attacking me and not you.]

Continuing with Golden after the party invite was accepted, the two ran into a pair of Nepents.

Golden had proceeded to attack the larger one and ordered him to attack the smaller one.

"Okay, let's do this." He says before running towards the smaller Nepent and swinging his blade down.

ID: 23338. BD 3: Failure!

Unfortunately, Greg barely misses his mark, grimacing as the Nepent prepares to attack!

ID: 23338. MD 9: Critical hit!

Greg feels the Nepent ram into him. He's forced back a bit and grimaces as his health drops a bit.

Goldenarroz: 35/35 [//////////]

Big Nepent: 12/18 [//////   ]

Greg Baxen: 11/13 [////// ] -2

Little Nepent: 7/7 [////]

ID: 23345

BD: 2 (0 DMG)

MD: 7-1=6 (1 DMG)

Golden was astonished that his first attack had inflicted such a great amount of damage toward the nepent. Golden smiled in approval and looked at Greg to see if he's made any progress. Turns out that Greg had failed to hurt his target and instead of dealing damage, he was dealt damage. However, Golden needs to focus on his target and only his big nepent. Golden grinned as he prepares for his next attack. These forest mobs are pretty weak... he should be able to take them down fairly easily. Golden sprints toward his target, getting ready to slash its throat when the mob growled a threatening growl, surprising Golden and making him stop on the spot. Didn't know that these could do that... Golden thought as he froze. The nepent took advantage of this period of time and attacked Golden. He quickly put up his shield in response and drained out some of the damage that would be afflicted upon him... but the main reason were the thorn enhancements that were located on his shield. The thorns stabbed into the nepent, causing great pain and dealt it damage as it retreated back to where it had started. Golden smiled as the nepent fell straight into his trap.

Goldenarroz (34/35) -1 [+1 DMG NXT ATT]

Big Nepent (10/18) -2

Greg Baxen (11/13)

Little Nepent (7/7)

Greg was aggravated that he'd missed the Nepent, and prepares to attack again!

ID: 23382. BD 9: Critical hit! +1 Damage!

Greg swiftly slashes at the Nepent three times, each depleting its health bar! However, this angered it, and it strikes back!

ID: 2332. MD 7: Hit!

The Nepent rams Greg again. This time, it didn't hurt as badly.

Goldenarroz: 34/35 [///////// ]

Big Nepent: 10/18 [/////    ]

Greg Baxen: 10/13 -1 [/////  ]

Little Nepent: 4/7 -3 [//  ] 

ID: 23383

BD: 10 (8 DMG+Paralysis)

Golden saw a gap between the defense of the nepent. He quickly attacks the open space and finds his target. The nepent screeched as contact was made and was paralyzed immediately and electricity can be seen throughout its body. Golden smiled as the nepent couldn't move to retaliate. Next move, I shall finish it off. Golden decided and looked over to Greg. Sweet, he's dealt some damage as well. Golden concentrates back at the nepent and prepares for more damage which will soon be inflicted upon it.

Goldenarroz (34/35)

Big Nepent (2/18) -8

Greg Baxen (10/13)

Little Nepent (4/7)

Greg smiles. He's getting the upper hand, now he just has to keep this up. He lunges to attack again!

The Nepent charges to attack as well!

ID: 23388. BD 8: Hit! MD 9: Critical Hit! +1 Damage!

Greg's blade cuts the Nepent, but in return, Greg gets rammed! Both health bars drop a bit.

Goldenarroz: 34/35 [///////// ]

Big Nepent: 2/18 [/        ]

Greg Baxen: 8/13 -2 [////  ]

Little Nepent 2/7 -2 [/   ]

ID: 23393

BD: 3 (0 DMG)

MD: 2-1=1 (0 DMG)

Golden grunts as he lifts up his sword once again to attempt a charge on the nepent. The nepent screeched as Golden was about to bring down his blade. Golden dropped his sword in surprise of such a loud sound and cursed as the nepent took advantage of this. Golden rolled out of the way when nepent attacked him viciously. When he was rolling, Golden managed to pick up the sword once again and prepared for his next attack after dusting himself first. I always gotta look good. He thought... He used to be a celebrity after all...

Goldenarroz (34/35)

Big Nepent (2/18)

Greg Baxen (8/13)

Little Nepent (2/7)

Greg noted that Golden was struggling a bit and vowed to finish this Nepent off, right here, Right now!

Greg prepares to attack!

ID: 23418. BD 9: Critical Hit! +1 damage! Enemy killed!

LD: 16! Monster Healthx5 Col or Good item!

Greg swings his sword upwards, taking the Nepent off the ground.

As the Nepent falls, he impales it with his blade, killing it thoroughly as it dissolves into Pixels. Something drops, but Greg isn't quite sure what it is yet.

GoldenArroz: 34/35 [///////// ]

Big Nepent: 2/18 [/        ]

Greg Baxen: 8/13 [////  ]

Little Nepent: DEAD.

ID: 23438

BD: 4 (0 DMG)

MD: 8-1=7 (1 DMG)

Golden wanted to finish in style... not with just a random sword attack. He taunted the big nepent... waiting for it to make the first attack. The big nepent did eventually attack first and Here comes my trap. Golden thought as he held up his shield which had thorns on it. This will end its life. Were Golden's thoughts as the big nepent charged straight into the spikes of the shield. Gotcha. Said Golden as he pushed the shield onto the nepent and it burst into millions and millions of pieces from the collision of the shield. Golden laughed as an object drops but he wasn't sure of what it was.

LD: 13 LOOT

Golden smiles as a pop-up box signals that he'd gotten loot.

Loot

90 COL

1X MAT

Mysterious Item

[Looks like we did this quest too fast... We might have to roam around until we get our post count to over 21 and you might wanna make your posts longer... They have to be at least 3 lines... Not counting the die and the amount of "enter" you used.]

(Right. Whoops.)

"Well, that's that done with." Greg says as he sheathes his sword. It seemed a tad early as to finish the quest off yet, so he thought that maybe they should look around for materials and hunt mobs. After all, the extra Col they could make by either selling the materials, making them into something, or slaying mobs couldn't hurt, could it? "What do you think about the idea of hunting a bit more, just to earn a bit more Col? I mean, Col is VERY important, isn't it?" he says.

"Yes Col is pretty important but you are pretty low on health. Why don't we take a rest or something. I think I have two sandwiches in my inventory... You see... I'm a cook." Golden said as he looked for a shadow under a tree. He liked the shade because it was cool and nice unlike everywhere else during the summer. It is literally burning outside during this summer time. Golden sighed and smiled, thinking about real life and how everyone would be in summer break at this time. He sighed as he opened his inventory and sat under a tree before getting out two sandwiches he packed that morning. After taking a bite, Golden started day dreaming.

Golden stated that Greg was low on health and that the two should rest. Finding no argument to be had, Greg simply shrugged and lay down for a bit.

'This actually feels kinda nice. Who knew that a Virtual Reality world could create such places that are extremely well-suited for relaxation?' He thought to himself. He could nearly feel it. The wind blowing in his hair, and the sun shining down upon the castle of Aincrad. Greg then had a thought. 'Wait. If we're inside Aincrad, and there are ninety-nine floors above us, how is the sun shining on the first floor?' . This baffled Greg, so he went deeper into thought about it.

"Alright... I think we're healthy enough to go." Said Golden after the health of both players reached full. "Since you wanted to go and fight some more mobs, let us get started." Golden didn't see why not... it was a great chance for some col and mats, all very important in this game. Golden sighed as he stood up from the bottom of the tree and looked at the sun. The gigantic sun's blaring orange and its supreme warmness. Golden felt astonished as the heat from the sun shone onto his face. Golden took a moment to enjoy the scene before getting his weapon and shield from his inventory. "I think the sun is setting. Why don't we find another nepent and finish it off before we call it a day?" Golden advised as he started walking down the hill, allowing Greg to follow him. 

After a while of searching for a stronger nepent, Golden finally spotted one and told Greg that that was their target. He decided that he wold strike first, given that he was the stronger player. Golden smiled as he charged the forest monster and prepared to deal damage to it.

ID: 23570

BD: 1 (0 DMG)

MD: 1 (0 DMG)

Golden did indeed strike first given that the nepent hadn't noticed him. However, the nepent did notice the sword's glowing light as it was about to cut down on it. The nepent which surprised Golden with its extreme speed managed to get out of the way of the attack in time to prevent serious damage which might have been inflicted upon it. Golden smiled as he also dodged the attack of the forest mob and retreated back to his original spot before giving the switch command so that Greg would have his turn attacking.

[OOC Greg you won't have to use the MD. I'll control the nepent using the hate system]

Goldenarroz (35/35) [+1 DMG]

Nepent (25/25)

Greg Baxen (15/15)

Greg was snapped out of his thoughts about how the sun shined into Aincrad even on the first floor, even though there were ninety nine floors above.

The cause of this was Golden talking to him, saying they were fully healed and ready to fight some more mobs, and ended up finding a larger Nepent, and prompted to engage it.

Greg shortly followed afterwards, and begun to attack, his own sword glowing.

ID:23596. BD 10: Super Critical! +2 Damage!

Greg's blade threw the Nepent up into the air. Leaping to follow it, Greg slashed at the helpless Nepent twice more, then brung his sword down to force it into the ground, landing on both feet as it crashed into the floor.

ID: 23608

BD: 10 (8 DMG+Paralysis)

Golden saw that Greg had hit his target and without a second thought, he sprang up to action. His glade glowed orange as he leaped in the air and before the monster could recover from Greg's attack, Golden had already struck. Golden grinned as his blade cut right through the nepent, as he was falling, he realized that he had paralyzed the opponent as well. Golden smiled as his target growled in pain but couldn't do anything about it since it was paralyzed. He watched as the mob suffered from the electricity throughout its body and retreated so that Greg would have a clean shot at the mob.

Goldenarroz (35/35) Hate: 3

Nepent (13/25) 

Greg Baxen (15/15) Hate: 3

Golden struck the Mob again and backed off as the Mob had been paralyzed. Seeing an opportunity, Greg rushed forwards to strike again!

ID: 23613. BD 6: Hit!

Greg slashed the Nepent in a V-shape, taking advantage of it being helpless due to being paralyzed by Golden's strike, before backing off so that Golden could take the Aggro on. He's got more health and better equipment, after all.

ID: 23632

BD: 1 (0 DMG)

MD: 5-1=4 (0 DMG)

Golden held his blade, ready to attack at the right moment. He got prepared and ran just at the right moment so that he could strike. Golden smiled as his target wasn't moving but he didn't realize that there was a rock underneath his feet. He started running only to trip on the rock at just the wrong moment. Golden didn't fall... Now that would've been embarassing, but he did lose his chance to attack. Now, Greg had dealt the most amount of attack on the nepent, so it would be attacking him now. Golden cursed under his breath and watched as the nepent missed his target.

Goldenarroz (35/35) Hate: 3

Nepent (11/25) 

Greg Baxen (15/15) Hate: 4