[PP - F4] Hell Rose <<The Essence of Steel>> [Zelrius, the Hero of Aincrad][Complete]

"I can see that," He added sarcastically to her comment about not being dead. Truth be told, Zelrius never really thought Lessa would die. The few times he had seen her, she didn't see, like the type to bite off more than she could chew, and if that did happen in some odd event, the golden haired boy was sure the blonde woman would have found a way out of a jam like that. It was the smile that she gave that threw him off guard. How can she possibly be nice to me like this afterall I've done. He gritted his teeth, quite angry that people like this existed. He was more than grateful that she seemed to be forgiving of their last encounter, but Zelrius didn't like how easily it seemed some people forgave others. 

A short huff of air at the comment following that and Zelrius nearly laughed loudly. "Lot of good that did you. Floor 4 is so overrun with annoyances and bosses that this is legitmately the worst place to hide unless you go the far edges. The snow is too thick and the monsters too strong for Low Levels, and the yield they give and headache of travelling for days in the snow is enough to keep away any High level." He sighed, dropping the subject, realizing that was not what was important anymore.

He scoffed at her, frowning a bit, not wanting to show that he felt a bit flattered by her words. "I am sure more people would be happier to see you alive than myself. Had you said what you just did to any other player, They'd only hate me more."

Half a shrug was her reply to Zelrius' short rant. So some things haven't changed, she thought to herself, fighting to keep the smirk from her lips. He was still as fiery as ever. "So the fourth floor is perfect for hiding," Lessa stated again. "Too difficult for low-levels, and too barren for highs. No one to give me a hard time. And besides," she added, "I've found that I really like the silence." As if to prove her point, the Guardian homed her claymore with a sharp, metallic sound that seemed impossibly loud in the chilled air. 

The snow swirled about their feet as the pair merely watched one another. She knew that Zelrius was waiting for her to say something else, but the words would not come to her. The last thing that she intended to do was stand there, showering him in praise and stroking his ego; either he would deny her compliments, or suspect she had ulterior motives. Though she had never been in a position of power such as his, she knew enough about what it could do to a person. So instead she changed the topic.

"And I like the fourth floor," she began suddenly, turning to gaze off across the frozen fields. "I found my first familiar here." After a moment of silence, she turned back to the stronger player. "Do you have a familiar?"

"I don't, no."

"Do you want one?"

To this, Zelrius tilted his head slightly. She swore that she saw some of his old stubbornness in his eyes when he replied, "and I suppose you're going to go with me?"

"Just to keep you company."

This comeback seemed to catch the young man off-guard. He paused for a beat, considering her words. Finally, "alright. Just keep up. If I'm looking for a familiar, I can't spend the whole time looking out for you."

Though her lips never moved, her blue eyes betrayed the smile that his words caused her.  "Roger that."