[PP-F4] Doorways & Footholds (Lowenthal)

The fourth floor wasn't much different from the rest of the areas around Aincrad or for the most part, part of the starting floors. Lee himself wasn't all to gung-ho on solo fighting or fighting in general. It was just one of the few things he had resigned himself to at the start of the game and unlike most other games, he wanted to keep alive and in doing so, keep others alive or at least the one's that he wanted to keep living. But in order to do so, he was not going to be able to do it alone as what he had assigned himself as wouldn't allow it. 

And while Piera was going the more damage route, he couldn't call on her all the time and put her in the path of danger. He also wasn't sure about the guild that she had joined but he wasn't going to dictate her decisions or how she went about doing what she really wanted. She was a team player and usually had to join some sort of guild in any game that had them. Though, he had sent a message to Lowenthal to see about a few things, also keeping in mind that he actually had some questions for himself as well.

unnamed_zpsuglsg8ns.pngTO: Lowenthal

Yo, Lowen. Was just wondering what you were up to and if you were free to chill for a bit on floor four if you weren't too busy?

He me back home skilet.

SENDER: Lee

Lowenthal was lazing about, like normal. He was about to fall asleep when he received a message. He opened it and saw it was from Lee. That was enough to wake him up, as Lowenthal sat up to read it. "Alright." Lowenthal sent a message back.

unnamed_zpsuglsg8ns.png

TO: Lee

SUBJECT: RE

'Sup. Just got your message. What are doing on the fourth floor? But hey, doesn't matter, I got things I want to give you. And I wanna talk to you about the guild. I'll be there soon.

Lowenthal sent the reply, and hopped down from his perch. Lowenthal began walking over to the teleporter, and transported to the fourth floor. "Now then?" Lowenthal said, used to the cold that is the fourth floor. "Where is Lee?" Lowenthal said, standing at the teleportation plaza. Lowenthal sighed. Why did everyone have to be on the fourth floor. What made it so special. It was all just damnable cold and frozen water. he didn't see the point of it. He shivered slightly, assuming that he wasn't so used to the cold yet.

Lee had placed himself inside a small inn on the floor, finding himself a nice spot standing near a wall and out of everyone's way. He wasn't willing to pay the few Col to take a room and at that very same time, he didn't want one. He just felt that being inside would be preferable from the weather of the current outside floor. He would blink several times as a message appeared before shortly after he had sent his own. "That was quick." He would open the message with a press of the accept button and then read over the message. "Coolness." He would turn to leave but paused as he looked back to the message. He didn't mention anything about the guild but hey, that was perfect, it didn't have to be brought up in awkwardness.

He would close the message and leave the inn and make his way outside, moving his hands into his pockets and look around. He figured that he should make his way to the teleporter and meet Lowenthal there. It didn't take him long to actually make it there and to his pleasant surprise, Lowenthal was already there to which Lee would raise a hand high as to stand out from his surroundings. "Yo! Lowenthal! What is good mine brethren?"

Lowenthal raised a hand to acknowledge Lee. "I could be better." Lowenthal said, mentioning the personal hell that was the temperature of floor four. Lowenthal was sure that he could set himself on fire, and would still get goosebumps from the wind. "But I'm about to make yours." Lowenthal said, walking inside the Inn that Lee had just exited. "Follow for a bit, and listen." Lowenthal said, turning on his heel and looking at Lee. "You know Piera is in our guild. And we want you in it as well." Lowenthal opened a trade request to Lee. "And I'm giving these to you, so you can keep Piera alive. And it's not a bribe to get you to join." Lowenthal said, adding three items to the list. "This should be good enough I think." Lowenthal said, sending the trade request.

Name: Pridwen

Profession: (Blacksmith)
ID: (Leave Blank)
Roll: (Leave Blank) [Leave Blank]
Item Type: Shield
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +1 Paralyse, +2 Thorns
Description: The shield of King Arthur. According to Welsh tradition, the shield was called Wynebgwrthucher. In the Welsh poem, the Spoils of Annwfn, the Pridwen was actually the original name of Arthur's ship.

Name: Caliburn

ID: (Leave Blank)
Roll: (Leave Blank) [Leave Blank]
Item Type: (Leave Blank)
Enhancements: +2 Bleed, +1 Paralyse
Description: Is the legendary of King Arthur sometimes attributed with magical powers. It does not however, have magical powers

Name: Plate Armor

Item Type: Heavy Armor
Enhancements: +3 Damage Mitigation
Description: A set of full plate mail armor. Nearly covers the entire body in a nice, thick layer of metal. Quite Heavy

Lee would come to a stop a short distance away from Lowenthal as he spoke of himself being a little bit less than great but hopefully more than depressing. Though, the thing that caught his attention the most was the following statement of making Lee's day which put a questionable look upon his face. As Lowenthal propositioned Lee to follow him into the inn, Lee would see no reason not to follow. As they entered, Lee would come to a stop across from Lowenthal as he would begin by bringing up Piera and her involvement in The Velvet Room guild and how he wished for Lee to join it as well. 

Lee would place a hand onto his hip and the other rubbing the back of his neck with a light laugh. He then glanced down at a trade request that would appear before him. He would move a hand down and selected the accept button to and then blinked several times and then pointed down at the list of items he had just acquired. "Okay, I understand that it is not a bribe but hot d@mn. Are you sure you actually gave me the right things? These seem...good. Like, ungodly levels of good. Like good is a base word that I can't really break away from saying because everything else would sound to cliche'."

Lowenthal nodded. "Of course I'm giving you those things. Why wouldn't I? I'm giving them to you, so that you don't die." Lowenthal said, honestly. "So, what say you we go test them out?" Lowenthal said, with a sly smile. Lowenthal was excited, the only tank he had actually seen in battle was Tristian. And Tristan was basically a god when it came to standing there and taking the damage. "I think there's a few Possessed Snowmen in a field not to far from here." Lowenthal said, smiling.

Lee was just a little more than taken back from the actual transaction as he knew that these items were more than a little bit rare. The 'perfect' in the item descriptions as he looked them over made him simply stare a bit in awe. As Lowenthal began to explain his reasoning for giving him the items, it seemed more than a little bit skeptical but at the same time, what would be the evil behind giving him these things? He decided to give Lowenthal the benefit of the doubt. Lowenthal then asked if Lee wished to test out these new items and it was at that point that Lee would nod his head and then hold his hand up "Yes but can you give me just ooonnnneeee moment." 

He would turn and quickly make his way to a spot behind the stairs as he would then un-equip his cloth clothing and materialize his basic shield. He would then drop them right in front of himself and then equip the new armor, shield and sword. The shield of the sword was located on the back of the shield which he was quite happy with as he would then come back out in the plated armor as he would nod his head in agreement "The heat of battle awaits us!"

Lowenthal waited for a few seconds as he awaited for Lee to get dressed. "You about ready yet?" lowenthal called up, as he heard the clunking of metal and steel. "Well look at you. All dressed up and looking pretty." Lowenthal jested, at the sudden appearance change of Lee. Lowenthal exited the inn, Lee following him. Lowenthal went to a small field where a few low leveled mobs were spawning. "Alright, here we are." Lowenthal said. "You jump in first, and I'll join in once you've accumulated enough hate." Lowenthal said, looking at the field of snowmen.

HP:

Lee: 19/19 [Hate: 0]

Lowenthal: 61/61 [Hate: 0]

----------------------------------

Snowman 1: 30/30

Snowman 2:30/30

Snowman 3:30/30

Lee felt a bit of pride swelling up as Lowenthal complimented his appearance to which he would laugh hesitantly "Thank ya kindly." Lee would follow him out of the inn as they made there way to the outer area where the monsters would await them. Once there, he would insist that Lee make the first move so as to draw attention to himself. This of course was something that he was more than willing to do as he would have to get the practice in eventually so with a nod of agreement, Lee would draw his sword and raise his shield as he would attack a single snowman and in turn, draw the attention of the others.

To his great pleasure, the sword would not only find its mark bout would follow through with an even more powerful damage spike and also sparking with an electrical surge that would lash out across the area struck on the monster "Holy crap this is awesome!"

[24464] BD:

01 Caliburn = Sword (BLED+2; PAR+1) Activated on a roll of 8-10. Removes 2 more points of damage for 2 turns for the enemy/mob; Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 9-10

01 Pridwen = Shield (PAR+1; THRNS+2) Removed enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 9-10; Deals 2 damage when Mob die/Enemy BD is a 6-8

01 Plate Armor = Armor (MIT+3) A set of full plate mail armor. Nearly covers the entire body in a nice, thick layer of metal. Quite Heavy.

Heavy Armor = The effectiveness with which a player can use Heavy Armor. For each skill point invested in the Heavy Armor skill, incoming damage is reduced by 1 damage point. (Must have heavy armor equipped to take advantage of this benefit)

Block = Opponents suffer -X to BD rolls against you. (X=Rank Level). Does not stack with evasion. Requires an equipped shield.
Description: Defend with your shield, deflecting an opponents attack.

Lowenthal nodded back, as Lee charged into the small group of snowmen. Lee had apparently already paralyzed one with his new sword, but unfortunately the other two were already on top of him. Lowenthal had underestimated the snowmen, and apparently had to hop in and protect Lee. Lowenthal jumped into the fray, drawing his kunai. Before the snowmen could act upon Lee, Lowenthal jumped in and sliced the paralyzed one across it's back. That apparently drew in the attention of the snowmen, and one struck Lowenthal, and the other hit Lee.

((The Snowmen deal 2 damage, as this is floor 4. I will be using the same MD for all mobs.))

ID: 24632

BD: 10 [11Dmg] (9base+2crit)

MD: 6 [6-1]

MD: 5 [7-2]

HP:

Lee: 18/19 [Hate: 2] -1dmg[2dmg-3mit]

Lowenthal: 61/61 [Hate: 2]

----------------------------------

Snowman 1: 14/30 [PRLZ] -11dmg

Snowman 2: 28/30 -2 thorns

Snowman 3: 30/30

[25377] BD: 3

Lee quickly would turn his attention back to the other monster snowmen as they aimed to strike him and this was when Lowenthal jumped into the mix. Lee then took a strike from one of the snow creatures but to his pleasant surprise, it was little more than nudge worthy. He was more than sure that if he wore his normal clothes that it would have surely been far more hurtful. Lee would then bring his attention to the unharmed snowman and swing his sword but in his haste, he wouldn't accurately judge just how far the snowman was and as a result, the blade would cut right through the air and hit nothing at all. 

Lee would laugh hesitantly "Guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself."