(PP-FLOOR 1) Echo // Seraph

Darkness took over every one of Carmine's senses and engulfed her entire being. Every uneasy, slow step emitted a echo that bounced off of rock solid walls surrounding the woman's figure. Hands out in front of her, green orbs attempting to adjust to the pitch black location, Carmine moved about like a lost puppy in hopes of finding light that would lead her out of the mess she'd gotten herself into.

Not too long ago, Carmine had been traveling from the Starting City to Horunka Village wanting to see what else Floor 1 had in store being pretty bored with nothing else to do. She set out on foot, silver Pugio dagger in hand if something were to go wrong and danger rose. Luckily, most boars and other strange creatures that inhabited the fields of Floor 1 kept to themselves unless pestered; thus, Carmine was free to roam and make the journey to Horunka Village. 

Except, not everything had gone right. Where she assumed to be halfway to the designated location, soft pellets began hitting her peach skin, also causing small spots of her black and gray beginner's clothing to become soaked to the point where water touched even the parts of her body that weren't protected by some sort of covering. Not in the mood to become drenched in the rain, or cold for that matter, while walking muddy trails in order to reach a place she didn't even know, Carmine rushed to the first sign of protection from the atmosphere she could find. Said sign happened to be a dark, intimidating cave, though reckless Carmine could care less of the scary factor intent on avoiding harsh conditions that wait for her outside.

Now she roam the dark cave, lost deep in its seemingly endless tunnels, in search of light that would indicate she was close to reaching the outside world once more, or for someone to help her out. The pitter-patter of rain against the cave's surface still let out a soft, continuous beat, but being in such weather would favor being lost in a darkened place like this. 

"This is not my day..." Carmine muttered loudly enough for echoes of her own voice to travel among the depths of the cave, running a hand through long, crimson locks.

Rain had started on floor one, and Rayne wasn't having any of it. The rain; only brought back memories, of course they couldn't be that bad, but that was the day her little brother fell and broke his ankle. Rayne looked around the dark cave, she had taken refuge in; before all of this rain had started, Rayne remembered what she had been doing... The soft whisper of the wind rustling the bright green grass; echoed around floor one. Rayne had just spotted her next target; she would for sure, go after it. Rayne had spotted a might big boar; with razor-like teeth, and horns as big as a chair leg. She had been looking; for a challenge for a while, and thought she had finally found one. The boar had been grazing; and measly looked up, upon blinking once in Rayne's direction it continued to keep its' face on the grass. It looked like it had been; in fact giving the grass a kiss, and Rayne was by now impatiently wanting to kill it, when a single drop of rain had landed. 

Rayne then felt and saw many more drops of rain; land on and around her. She was having none of it; by the time the rain became a heavy downpour, Rayne glared up at the sky; before muttering a few colorful words. Upon looking back down; to see the boar unaffected, she let out a humph of anger before looking around for shelter. That was how she found; the cave in which she was inside of. Rayne tried to take the rain out of her dress; before hearing mutterings amid the cave. She made sure she had her dagger in her hand, before scanning her eyes around the cave; due to the darkness, in the midst she knew her accuracy on everything she would do; would be -1. Rayne ventured forward; wanting to know what made that sound, to impatient to wait for the rain; she had to do something to pass the time. 

As she was walking forward; she stopped as she heard the sound of shoes echoing nearby. She felt herself grow stiff; and her face turned into a cold expression, before she called out, "If I were you; I would not make me wait to see who you are, in fact, I would just come out right now." That was Rayne's way of saying come out, but don't you dare come to close. There was a cold threat hanging in the air; from indeed Rayne herself. She felt her body crouch instantly; and prepared herself for danger. Her white dress touched the floor as she crouched; the blue ribbons clung to her body, in an attempt to help make out the shape of her body. Her flashing cold blue eyes scanned around the area; while her blue and silver hair, managed to touch the floor in her crouching position. Yes; Rayne had yet to change her appearance, but she was getting there. Rayne felt impatient; as she still had to gather all of the col, in order to obtain a new look. Rayne; however, wondered what this thing, that was making sounds, would be.

(Not long enough o.o)

Black, knee-high boot heels clicking with every step against the stone ground beneath her feet, Carmine now toyed with a thick strand of hair, twirling the piece in between fingers as she continued forward as if doing so would help her find a way out. Carmine chewed her bottom lip idly, an obvious habit of her's, though once pearly, white teeth made contact with sensitive skin she heard the voice of someone-or something-call out in the distance. Whether the voice was calling out to her, or to another, Carmine still headed towards it without a thought since she was just thrilled to know at least someone else was in this endless cavern.

The sound matched that of a female's pitch, or so Carmine thought, and soon enough she'd find out her assumptions were correct. Though a tad harsh and intimidating, the voice of this woman ceased to concern Carmine who trusted anyone she came across. Even the cold aura this stranger seemed to emit was something Carmine didn't mind. Green orbs scanned the silhouette before her, now only a couple of feet away, though in the darkness all she could see was the outline of long hair and a slightly curvaceous figure, which led her to believe this was indeed a woman much like before. Whoever this was, Carmine had to glance down upon them in order to even take a look at the person much like she had to do with everyone she encountered. Though, that might have been because this woman was in a crouching position; thus it took Carmine a good while to even find who had beckoned out to her. Even while squinting, things were quite difficult to make out so whatever Carmine had perceived, well she knew that her eyes could just be playing tricks.

"I wasn't going to wait, I didn't even notice someone else was in here but me. I'm kinda glad, thought I was stuck in this damned cave all alone." After huffing loudly, obviously annoyed, she stopped squinting feeling far more at ease than before, and frowned upon remembering she was stuck. "Er... Why are you on the ground like that? Or are you just really short?" The last sentence was simply a joke, and a lighthearted tone stuck to Carmine's voice, though confusion also stuck to her words as she ended said sentences as if they were all questions. Due to being so soft-hearted and immense recklessness, Carmine found nobody an immediate threat so the stranger's actions were fairly odd.

*Not long enough? No way. Your post amused me~

The tall girl in front of her loomed over her; Rayne felt the friendly aura around the girl, and she instantly felt her face turn into an even farther scowl. By the time the girl finished talking; Rayne already knew she hated the girl, her posture straightened, "Well; if you were not such a tall freak, I would not have to look up at you." Rayne's eyes hardened as she added, "I am on the ground because I am taking--" Suddenly Rayne's words got drowned out by a crash of thunder. The ground let up a large rumble; and Rayne knew something would happen if they continued to stay where they were. "I am leaving this cave; as I feel something will happen if we stay any longer." She turned around; and started to head out of the cave, she felt no use it wasting her time talking to the girl. However the girl held a tad bit of interest; which of course, was a first for Rayne. The long hair of Rayne, tugged along the ground of the cave, as she stood; her real hair length easily touched the ground. She hated her hair; that was when Rayne had an idea, the tall girl looked like she knew her way around. "Is there anywhere you can get a haircut?" She hated asking questions, but she wanted her hair totally redone; or perhaps she could do it by herself.

When another crash of thunder sounded; Rayne had the growing suspicion that it was getting closer. With dagger still at ready; Rayne decided she would leave the girl, she didn't care if she followed her or not. With the storm most likely getting worse; Rayne had to find better shelter, or risk being crushed under the dirt overhead. She made her way; back to the entrance, and stood in the doorway to the cave. She looked out; only to her disappointment, she found the pattering rain, landing quickly on the now muddy ground. If she were to walk out of the dry spot; in which she stood, she would sure get all muddy and dirty. She muttered under her breath; some barely audible words, before her face turned back, to see if the girl had followed her.

**Work was so long today; still in the office, and finally managed to get the troublemakers taken care of. Today my work took almost all of my attention >.< Sorry for not posting for a while; and posting a terrible post, but I am afraid my mind feels dead**

"Tall freak?" Carmine repeated, scowling as she heard such a repulsive comment spat from the woman before her. Hurt obviously trailed with her every word, now that Carmine ceased to hide her feelings behind a painted smile and happy-go-lucky attitude. Those days were over. "I'm the height models are. You know, those girls you see on television? I'd say I look pretty good~" Carmine flipped her long, crimson hair, admiring her own beauty before beginning to speak again. She wanted desperately to insult the other, to call her a freakishly short woman who appeared to be-enough of those thoughts. Carmine still wished for everyone to be her friend, not to mention she'd embraced a mature lifestyle not too long ago; thus, she'd go through any pain much like she did when with Kiru. Though this situation proved to be different, Kiru could very well compare to this stranger if need be. 'Darn. I really want to be her friend...'

Thunder clashing with her eardrums caused the twenty-six year old to jump out of surprise. Even at her age, loud noises were a tad scary especially when unexpected. "S-Something will happen?" Carmine asked, stuttering due to wonder as to why the female would say this, moreso not wanting to be alone in the dark cave any longer. "That's an awful excuse to leave. Am I that bad?" Carmine joked, curling her lips up only a small bit, eyebrows furrowed with worry. "Er.." Green orbs glanced elsewhere before returning to stare at the figure before her. "Yeah, actually. In the Starting City, I know a place. Your hair is gorgeous, but I can see wanting to get a haircut. Must be a pain at times. Want me to take you?"

Jogging to catch up with the female's quick pace, Carmine had to back up a few paces as she turned in order not to bump into the other female. Pursing her lips, delighted to see the outside and light but disappointed the grass was so muddy, rain seeming to fall even more than before. "Disgusting weather." Carmine sighed. "Did you say something?" She wondered aloud, thinking that she'd heard something from the woman beside her. Her eyes shifted to her shoes, which could hardly suffice as shoes in the first place, and light dress. "...I could carry you." Carmine suggested, shrugging her shoulders, a pain tugging at her heart for the other player who would ruin her starter clothes. "My boots are better for the weather and I'm fine with the idea if you are."

*it's fine, i understand the feeling. and your posts never fail, i love them all >3>

The scoff which came from the mouth of the shorter of the two; was quite loud, and sounded as if something happened. "Under no circumstances do I want to be carried by you." She hated people offering to help her; and she hated when people wanted to carry her, she could always wash her clothes. "Let's go." She couldn't believe she was staying with this girl; Then again, This women.... Would be the one to be hit if the lightning struck us. She is after all; so tall... >.< She kept her dagger in her hand; as she tilted her chin up in pride, and took a step out; no matter what she did, she would surely get all muddy and dirty. There was no way out of it; Rayne let out a curse as her shoes instantly sunk into the muddy grass. Her face grew maddened; and she started to walk forward, she knew her shoes would be lost very soon. Secretly she wished to be carried; however at the moment she disliked the girl behind her. Anger flared in her eyes; as her shoe got stuck and she struggled to get it out, after spending a couple minutes there, she finally got it out of the muddy pit. She hated this. Her mother said hate is a strong word; but to her, there were lots of things to hate...

In fact; Rayne could think of a couple right now.... Let's see... I hate... Mud, dirt, people who think they are better than I, love, and possibly some of the people I have met here. Most of them are so stupid. Rayne's whole body showed she was most definitely not enjoying herself; starting with the facial expression of anger and impatience, and trailing down to her stiff posture and the white knuckles of her hand around her beginner's dagger. It reminded of when Rayne had actually enjoyed playing in the rain; when she was a bit more little, her brother and her would always go out to the park and play in the mud and rain. The shudder that came from Rayne; made her look like she was having a seizure, but as she continued walking, it looked as if it wasn't. Walking through a big bundle of mud and rain; was not exactly on Rayne's schedule for the day, and that was what bothered Rayne the most, she did not want to be doing this, and her impatience to get back to town was only growing.

Surprised by the noise which came from the woman next to her, Carmine shrugged and headed out into the rain without a care as soon as her "companion" said so. Though she didn't feel like getting soaked at the moment, getting back to the Starting City would be much better than being out in the fields like this, right in the middle of Floor 1's map. Unlike the other's shoes, Carmine boots hardly sunk in the mud though they did create a loud squishing noise that made Carmine want to crinkle her nose. "I hate that noise." She commented, stopping for a split second to ease her ears before beginning to walk again. As the twenty-six year old paused, she noticed the other female having trouble as she got stuck in place. Stifling back a giggle with a hand to her mouth, Carmine raised a brow and smirked shortly after the quiet laughter faded. "You sure you don't want to take up that offer now?" Instantly, she frowned and rolled her eyes feeling bad for the other. "C'mon. There's no reason for me not to do it. What if I promise not to drop you?" Really, Carmine truly wanted to help out and if that took convincing the other than she would do so. "Also, we never got each other's name. Mine's Carmine. You?"

*short and late post, sorry

When Carmine told her she should still take her up on the offer, Rayne narrowed her eyes, she stuck her chin into the air, she shook her head no, and opened her HUD. Then with a swipe she removed her shoes, and started to walk forward, it was much easier, but it was disgusting none the less. She looked at Carmine, "I am fine." She was irritated and tired. She felt her feet start to grow numb, and she stepped on something that hurt them. She jumped, and let out a sigh of defeat, as she fell backwards on her butt. Her hair was all muddy and she was mad beyond belief, "Can you just help me already?" She hated asking for help, but she needed help at this moment, "I hate asking for help, and so this is a first, don't expect to be able to help me all the time."

**It is fine :P Mine is short to xD**