[SP - F1] Elric's <<Earning a Living>> 2.0 COMPLETE

(occ-Note:)

I was informed by Oikawa, that I would have to do this quest over due to my incompetence :)

Elric:

Level: 5
HP: 13/13
Damage: 2

-----

As I explored the town a bit further, I finally found myself wandering into an alchemist shop on the outskirts of town. Strangely upon entering the establishment, I had an overwhelming sense of Déjà vu. But as I do with many of my feelings, I shoved it down into a deep dark place, and pretended it wasn't there.

The shop was littered with baskets full of empty vials, and dried out herbs hanging from the ceiling. It smelled as if something was burning from the backroom. I could hear someone muttering to themselves around the corner:

"A drop of this...... a dash of that....."

"Excuse me," I anounced myself, but the voice continued on as if I wasn't even there.

"Two pinches of ...."

"EXCUSE ME," I said with a bit more firmness in my voice.

"Oh dear, sorry, how rude of me. Welcome to my humble shop. Can I interest you in any potions, herbs, and the like," spoke a female NPC as she came from the backroom to the counter.

"Unfortunatly I am economically challenged at the moment..., but I am in need of supplies, as I have no col, I was wondering if you could teach me some alchmey, so that I may take care of myself."

"And for free, I suppose? With you having no money in all," her tone switched from pleasant to displeased.

"I can gather the items for you, just tell me what you need."

"Hmmm," she pondered for a moment.

"Well I suppose if you do all the hard work yourself I might be willing to teach you a thing or two."

"Great what do you need me to fetch for you"

She wrote a list of materials down that she required and where to find them; several of which could be found in the surrounding grasslands, and the forest. It looked like I was going to have to put myself into harms way, yet again.

"I'll see what i can do," I said reluctantly as I shuffled out the door of the shop.

Result:

Quest Accepted! - <<Earning a Living>>

Elric:

-----

I quickly headed for the center of town, it was the easiest way to gather my bearing. 

"Ah yes...this way out of town I believe.."

And as some time passed I eventually found myself leaving the Town of Beginings, and entered into the surrounding grasslands. Here, the wind blew gracefully, causing some of my hair to flutter with it. I could see a group of three boars roaming around in the distance. For now, to get this over with as quickly as possible - it would probably be best to avoid them.

"I'll slay them later..," I thought to myself.

I made my way down the slippery grass as cautiously as possible. Soon as I reached a few hundered meters out from town, I consulted my inventory for the Alchemists list of Materials that she "requested" (HEH SEE WHAT I DID THERE)    I fetch for her.

I scouted the area looking for the first item :

(Result: Requires Edit After Roll)

ID - 24851

Battle - 1

Craft - 10

Loot - 12

MOB - 9

Character - Elric

Post Link Msg_hover2.png

Time   ---  2015-07-16 17:17:55

LD RESULT:  FAILURE

Just random wild flowers, and grass everywhere.....

With no success I turned my attention to the forest, where the next set of materials would be found.

Elric:

-----

I approached the dense forest, and immediately used the near by trees as cover.  I moved quietly in-between then, doing my best to not get spotted. I knew if that it would spell death for me if I drew too much attention from the forest's inhabitants. 

Pressing onward, I began to hear that horrible buzzing sound again that I heard once before, only this time it sounded as if it were going away from me, instead of toward me. That was a relief. Nonetheless, I had no intention of dropping my guard, and continued even deeper into the thicket.

While passing one of the trees , I noticed something out of the corner of my eye:

DICE

ID - 24853

Battle - 8

Craft - 12

Loot - 6

MOB - 9

Character - Elric

Post Link Msg_hover2.png

Time -  2015-07-16 17:29:59

LD RESULT: FAILURE   

Sadly, my eyes were playing tricks on me, I must be getting weary from the lack of food.

Elric:

Level: 6
HP: 15/15

-----

Then I saw something again, it dashed about, but it was too quick to get a good look at. I heard a rustling in the bushes, and drew my blade, ready to respond to whatever came at me. Then a tiny little white rabbit bounced out of the bushes and froze as it locked eyes with me.

We both stood there rooted to the ground, almost as if trapped in time - but a loud buzzing sound broke our contest, and the rabbit scurried off.

I could hear the sounds of wasps growing ever closer, so I dove into the shrubbery. Just in the nick of time too, because as I secured myself within the array of bushes, a horde of wasps flew overhead, buzzing about in a frenzy. They did not seem alerted to my presence but I didn't dare move a muscle.

I counted them as they passed, one.....two....three.....four....five....six....SIX wasps in total! According to their stats they were each 6/6 HP.  For now I would avoid this encounter and let them be. 

After the buzzing faded away, and the wasps could no longer be seen, I searched the near by bushes for another item on the Alchemist's list:

(DICE Result)

ID 24861    
Loot 14 = FAILURE
Time  2015-07-16 18:17:43

With a smile , I pulled something out of the ground but it quickly faded.

For a brief moment, I thought I had acquired one of them, but I was mistaken, this was just an ordinary weed.

-----

Elric:

-----

I continued along in the forest, move anxiously. I really just wanted to find these materials and get back to town as soon as possible. It was starting to get darker, and I knew that soon it would be nightfall. Things always get worse after dark.

I grew paranoid the further and further I traveled. I could not shake the feeling that I was being followed. I turned to face my stalker but....nothing was there...Perhaps my imagination was playing tricks on me.....

I turned forward again, and jumped in SURPRISE!  There hanging from a tree branch in front of my face was a spider. It must've been lurking in the shadows this whole time. I immediately jumped back.

I knew I would be in for a fight.

(OOC NOTE: )

Fun Fact: To determine order of battle, I "roll initiative" with real world dice just because i feel like it.

[battle Participants]

[Elric]   15/15 HP

[Tree Spider(Elric)]   6/6 HP

[Turn Sequence]

[Elric] 

[Tree Spider(Elric)] 

DICE:

ID - 24867    
Battle - 7        HIT
MOB - 6         HIT
Time - 2015-07-16 18:40:17

I waved my sword in the direction of the spider, knocking it hard in its side with the blunt end of my blade. The thread it had spun to hang itself upside down snapped, and the creature tumbled to the ground. I was satisfied with my hit, maybe too satisfied, as I was not prepared for its retaliation. 

As soon as the spider hit the ground, it moved quickly grasping my leg with two of its own, and piercing my flesh with its fangs.

I cried out in agony....I could really feel the pain from this virtual spider.

I pried the beast off of me, and staggered back a bit, regaining my composure.

[battle Log]

[Elric]  attacks [Tree Spider(Elric)]  dealing [ 2 ] Damage

[Tree Spider(Elric)]  attacks [Elric] dealing [ 1 ] Damage

-----

Elric:

HP: 14/15

-----

[battle Participants]

[Elric]   14/15 HP

[Tree Spider(Elric)]   4/6 HP

[Turn Sequence]

[Elric] 

[Tree Spider(Elric)] 

DICE:

ID -  24869
Battle - 9 CRITICAL +1
MOB - 7  HIT

I rushed towards the spider with a furious look in my eyes. I angled my blade, and tricked the creature into thinking I would strike one way, but in one fluid motion, I spun counter-clockwise, and struck the monster on its side, nearly crippling it.The spider stumbled for a bit, I thought it was over, but referred to the mobs health bar; it was hanging on by a thread.

Suddenly the creature shook slightly as if brushing off my blow, and came at me again, it fled up a tree, then leaped down at me, scratching me with one of its legs as it attempted to grasp me in mid air.

[battle Log]

[Elric]  attacks [Tree Spider(Elric)]  deals [ 3 ] Critical Damage

[Tree Spider(Elric)] attacks [Elric] deals [ 1 ] Damage

-----

Elric:

HP: 13/15

-----

[battle Participants]

[Elric]   13/15 HP

[Tree Spider(Elric)]   1/6 HP

[Turn Sequence]

[Elric] 

[Tree Spider(Elric)]

DICE:

ID - 24871    
Battle - 6       HIT
MOB - 1        MISS

While the creature was still in mid-air, I pointed the tip of my sword downward, and then quickly pulled it up diagonally toward it's center of mass. I struck the spider, dealing one last fatal blow. It collapsed to the ground with a thud, and withered away.

I panted heavily for a moment, half relieved that the battle was over, and half alerted expecting another enemy to be lurking near by.... but the coast seemed clear.....for now....

[battle Log]

[Elric]  attacks [Tree Spider(Elric)]  deals [ 3 ] Critical Damage

[Tree Spider(Elric)] has been defeated! Victory!

LOOT

Monster does NOT meet loot requirements

-----

Elric:

HP: 13/15

-----

I needed some time to lick my wounds, and I was sure that all the commotion from my battle with the spider would draw the attention of the wasps, or something much worse. So I retreated to a nearby set of fallen trees. The way they had collapsed on top of one another seemed like a perfect shelter. It would block the sight of incoming enemies, and buy me a moments rest.

As I sat there catching my breath, I recalled my life before SAO. My dog was probably still scratching at my door, my mother freaking out that I was unresponsive....

At any moment, someone could do something stupid ...like disconnect me from the nerve gear, and I could drop dead....  would I even know? What would it be like to be dead? Nothingness? Or was there more beyond this life? If you could even call this living...

As I sat there, I clenched the grass beneath me... the ground, the wind across my face, the last bit of sun light gleaming down as night began to set, all of it...it felt so real...

I took a deep breath, stood back on my feet and continued my search.

I climbed back of the fallen trees, checking them thoroughly at the same time for any materials I might have overlooked.

DICE

ID: - 24946
Loot - 14 FAILURE

But again, I found nothing.

So I made my way ever deeper into the forest still scavenging for the materials the Alchemist sent me to find.

---

(Note to Self)

+1 HP per turn out of combat

-----

Elric:

-----

Moving through the terrain, the forest started to open up a bit more.

I could hear the sound of trickling water up a head. "Somewhere," I thought, " there must be a stream."

I continued checking about , for any materials that the Alchemist might find use for.

DICE:

ID: - 24947
Loot - 8 FAILURE

You would think that in the entire grasslands, and forest there would be atleast ONE item that the Alchemist could use, but apparently not. So thus I continued along my path, heading toward the sound of running water.

As I pushed a small branch out of my way, there it was, a small stream, flowing peacefully, glistening in the setting sunlight. I knelt down next to it, dipping my hands in the cool water. For the first time since I entered this game world, I was afraid. Afraid that I would forget the real world, and believe this one was real. The water felt so real, as did the trees, the air, even the setting sun gave away no signs of being artificial. But maybe...just maybe pretending this world was real, wouldn't be so bad... perhaps that was the only way to survive?

---

Note to self

+1 HP per turn out of combat (back to MAX)

-----

Elric:

-----

I took a moment for myself, stayed there a bit kneeling next to the water, staring off into the distance.

Finally, I pulled myself back together, and stood up. It was getting late, it would be nightfall any minute, and I did not want to be wandering around the forest at night. The day in most part was a failure, I would have to try again tomorrow. I let out a long sigh, and started to shift my feet around when a large roar from behind, startled me.  I nearly fell over, drawing my blade and slipping in the dirt next to the riverbed, as a spun around.

There, in front of me, stood a massive grizzly bear on it hind legs. I had of-course entered the bears feeding grounds, and it was not happy with me. I should've realized where I was going. The beast, roared again with a heart sinking boom in its voice.

I readied my blade, and leveled it out - horizontal toward the horizon. I wasn't going to be anyone's prey, so I swiftly launched myself forward in an attempt to make the first strike.

DICE:

ID: - 24951
Battle - 2 MISS
Mob  - 6  HIT

As I charged forward, the bear dropped down from its standing position causing my blade to swing right over its head. It then, in response to my aggression, head butted me in the stomach. I struggled to keep my footing in the wet dirt, but prepared for another volley nonetheless.  

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 15/15

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] 8/8

[battle Log]

[Elric] 15/15 Misses [Grizzly Bear(Elric)]

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] deals [1] damage to [Elric]

-----

Elric:

-----

I skirted around the bear, hoping to flank it. The bear was fast, but as massive as it was, the creature did not turn well. I took hold of my blade as hard as I could, and swung it sideways toward the rear-end of the grizzly.

As i made my movement for the beast however, it rotated it's body, just moving itself out of the way in time.  My sword splattered dirt all around as I connected with the ground....

"damn I missed again"

But I had no time to worry about such things, as the bear made an attempt for my throat with its beastly fangs.

I ducked as its large snout brushed over my head.

Results:

DICE:

ID: - 24952

Battle - 4  MISS
Mob  - 1 MISS

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 14/15

[battle Log]

[Elric]  MISSED

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] MISSED

-----

Elric:

-----

I reacted by rolling to the side of the mob, to avoid any further attacks.

Coming out of my roll, I attempted to slice the bear on its side, but it jumped out of the way, and attempted to strike me back with its claw, but throughout the fray we kept dancing around one another laying claim to only air.

It was as if we were evenly matched.... "a bear my nemesis", I laughed to myself....

We began to circle around one another, like two kids about to duke it out in the school yard.

I gripped my the hilt of my sword tightly, and spoke in complete arrogance to the creature;

"Come on, I haven't got all day..."

Results:

DICE:

ID: - 24953
Battle - 2 MISS
Mob  - 1  MISS

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 14/15

[battle Log]

[Elric]  MISSED

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] MISSED

-----

Elric:

-----

We continued to circle one another for a bit, the sun was nearly set and darkness had befallen most of the forest. I was growing ever impatient. I did not want to be caught in the forest during the night. In my impatience, I rushed toward the bear, swinging my sword erratically.

"A HIT, YES!" I cheered to myself mentally.

But my celebration was premature; as soon as my blade connected with the beast, it latched on to me with all the force of its jaws.

Pain seared from my neck to the rest of my body, as it sunk its teeth into me.

After digging in rather deep, and causing lots of damage, the bear released me, and I fell to my knees grasping my entry wound with my open hand.

Results:

DICE:

ID: - 24954
Battle - 6  HIT
Mob  - 10 TOTAL CRITICAL +2

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 14/15

[battle Log]

[Elric]  deals  [2]  damage to [Grizzly Bear(Elric)

[Grizzly Bear(Elric) deals [(1+2)= [3] ] TOTAL CRITICAL damage to [Elric]

-----

Elric:

HP: 11/15

-----

I could've given up right there, my mind was dull due to the pain, I could feel my HP draining as the bear took a step back, it probably didn't expect any retaliation from me, which is why I had to counter immediately. I dropped forward , to the ground, rolling off my shoulder, and struck the beast in the leg as I passed.

It attempted to swipe me with its claw during my desperate motion, but I managed to slip away without incurring any further harm.

I gradually, got back up on my feet, and lifted my sword in  defense of whatever came next.

Results:

DICE:

ID: - 24955
Battle - 8 HIT
Mob  - 4 MISS

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 11/15

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] 6/8

[battle Log]

[Elric] deals [2] damage to [Grizzly Bear(Elric)]

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)]  MISSED

-----

Elric:

-----

The bear stood up on its back legs again to let out an intimidating roar, trying to make itself look as big as possible. It towered over me, but it gave me the opportunity I was waiting for. This time, I was in close enough proximity to take advantage of its underbelly.

I blitz the bear, stabbing the tip of my blade into its gut, and forcing it deeper with the palm of my hand.

I had done it! The battle was over!  .....or so I thought....

The bear let out another roar, and I double checked it's HP gauge.  Still a sliver of health left!

Soon I paid for my tactic, as the claw of the bear swooped down, scratching my backside. The bear had grappled me.

Results:

DICE:
ID: - 24957
Battle - 9 CRITICAL +1
Mob  - 7  HIT

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 11/15

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] 4/8

[battle Log]

[Elric] deals [ (2+1) = [3] ] CRITICAL damage to [Grizzly Bear(Elric)]

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] deals [1] damage to [Elric]

-----

Elric:

HP: 10/15

-----

I knew the bear was about to bite me again, as I could feel its breath on my neck flowing down my spine. I however stopped it abruptly as I drove my sword even further into the beast, then upwards, and through its head. I had successfully vanquished my foe, and just before it could deal any further damage to me.

I dropped my sword as the bear dispersed, and fell on my backside.

Whew....that was a tough one ... 

I was so relieved to have defeated the bear, and live to tell about it that I almost didn't notice the system notification menu pop up saying "Loot Obtained"

Some gold, ...huh...well I guess this will come in handy later.  I accepted the loot, got back on my feet, reacquired my sword, and was back on my way out of the forest.

Results:

ID: - 24960
Battle - 6 FINAL HIT

LD - 20  YAY!!! 

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 10/15

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] 1/8

[battle Log]

[Elric] deals [2] damage to [Grizzly Bear(Elric)]

[Grizzly Bear(Elric)] has been defeated. Victory!

+1 Material *per mob meeting hp/loot requirements*

LOOT GAINED

LD: 19-21
Uncommon item of your choosing. (Must be submitted for approval)
OR

Mob Health X 5 Col + 1 Bonus mat.

Chose: 40 COL + 1 Bonus mat.

-----

Elric:

HP: 10/15

-----

I shuffled through some vines, and shrubbery on my way back into the forest, investigating things as I did. I had managed to grab several materials already, but the alchemist was in need of a particular kind of herb. Sadly, I found nothing more.  For the most part the trip was a success, but I had wasted so much time with the bear, that I was now walking through darkness. The only light was that of the faint moon coming in from the thick canopy above.

The moon was full, guiding my path a bit, but because the forest was so dense, I could only see sections of it at a time.  A different set of creatures came out at night, and if SAO was anything like most games I played before....they'd be stronger too....

Looking about in every direction to ensure that I was not being stalked, I carefully passed over the fallen trees i encountered previously, then rounded the are where I had killed the spider. Soon I had made my way through the scattered trees, near where i had first heard the wasps, but at this time of night all I could hear were crickets.

I soon emerged from the forest and back into the grasslands gleaming with its midnight glory. The grass looked like a sea, as the moon lit the area up beautifully. Just a small ways off I could see the town of beginning's nighttime life. Even the three boars that had been roaming around when i first departed were sleeping in a circle as I passed.

Results:

ID - 24989

Loot - 9 Failure

Loot Thus Far:

2 Mats

40 Col

+1HP per turn out of combat

-----

Elric:

-----

I quietly and cautiously approach the sleeping boars. I recalled earlier, when I first was informed that we could not escape from SAO, and that death was ever so real here - that a group of boars killed  a young girl. I remember watching helplessly, doing nothing as they trampled her.  Perhaps this was the same group of boars? Perhaps not. Either way to me, it did not matter - I felt like something should be done. That girl should have her revenge, and since she was not around any longer - I would have to take it for her.

I drew my sword, and walked toward the cirlce of boars. I sunk it quietly into the closest animal. The other boars did not seem to be alerted, and continued to slumber.

I watched as the boars HP dropped to zero, and it vanished.

A sigh of relief came over me, I would finally get revenge for those who died.

Result:

[DICE]

id= 25156

battle= 8 HIT

mob=  4 MISS

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 11/15

[boarA(Elric)]  2/2

[boarB(Elric)]  2/2

[boarC(Elric)]  2/2

[battle Log]

[Elric] deals [2] damage to [boarA(Elric)]

[boarA(Elric)] has been defeated!

[boarB(Elric)] MISSED

[boarC(Elric)]  MISSED

Loot Thus Far:

2 Mats

40 Col

-----

Elric:

-----

I moved my blade toward the next helpless boar, and it too met with the end of my weapon, as I drove it deep into its back. It broke into pieces, and vanished like so many before. I felt no remorse for slaying them, in fact I had extreme satisfaction in doing so.

Be they virtual mobs in a game following a pre-written AI code, or murderous beasts who rerentlessly slayed a poor girl, I was going to butcher them all.

I pulled myself toward the last and final boar, determined to finish them all off quietly.

Result:

[DICE]

id= 25159

battle= 7 HIT

mob=  5 MISS

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 11/15

[boarA(Elric)]  0/2

[boarB(Elric)]  2/2

[boarC(Elric)]  2/2

[battle Log]

[Elric] 11/15 deals [2] damage to [boarB(Elric)]

[boarB(Elric)]  has been defeated!

[boarC(Elric)] MISS

Loot Thus Far:

2 Mats

40 Col

-----

Elric:

-----

I slit the throat of the final boar. I managed to kill all three without alerting them, a feat I am extremely happy with. Sure they were easy targets, but survivability is my main concern now.  I took a moment, gazing up at the night sky.  I needed to be strong - no more letting people die.

That was not going to be who I was. If I die here, i want to be remembered for what I did, not for what I didn't do.

And with that, I sheathed my weapon, and headed back into town.

Result:

[DICE]

id= 25160

battle= 8 hit

mob=  4 miss

loot= 4 fail

[Combat Sequence]

[Elric] 11/15

[boarA(Elric)]  0/2

[boarB(Elric)]  0/2

[boarC(Elric)]  2/2

[battle Log]

[Elric] 11/15 deals [2] damage to [boarC(Elric)]

[boarC(Elric)] has been defeated! Victory!

NO LOOT

Loot Thus Far:

2 Mats

40 Col