[F1-Shop] Herbal Beginings

Herbal Beginnings

After exiting the heart of the city, you come to an alleyway. There you notice shoved in between

two much more expensive looking businesses, a tiny, but cozy looking shop. A sign hanging crooked reads "Herbal Beginnings."

The windows are fogged up, the door is slightly torn to its side, and the exterior walls seem rather shabby, and yet for some reason you were compelled to enter. As you open the stiff door it squeals quietly as if it had not been opened in years.

The interior is dim lit with candle light, and barely any sunlight shines through the foggy windows. Every corner of the main room is filled with cobwebs, low and high. A small, poor excuse for a counter lays at the back of the room. It looks almost as if too strong of a breeze could knock it over.

You hear some hammering coming from the back room, and a loud crash followed by a few swears...

When you approach the counter, the door behind it suddenly opens, and a young Alchemist dressed in basic adventuring gear comes out to greet you.

"Sorry for the mess, Just opened up."

"What can I help you with?"  

Rank & Stats

Current XP:  [ 12 ]

Mats:  [0]

Crafts:

Fail: 2

Bad:

Good: 1

Uncommon: 1

Rare: 1

Perfect:

Rank 1: Beginner Alchemist (2 Crafts per day)

Rank 2: Apprentice Alchemist

Rank 3: Professional Alchemist

Rank 4: Experienced Alchemist

Rank 5: Assistant Alchemist

Rank 6: Mentor Alchemist

Rank 7: High Mentor Alchemist

Rank 8: Provisional Master Alchemist

Rank 9: Master Alchemist

Rank 10: Grand Master Alchemist

_____

â–ºThe CD Result Chart (Rank 1)

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)

[2-4] = Fail (Lose materials)

[5-7] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)

[8-9] = Good item  

[10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)

[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)

[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

____

Critical Fail, Fail, and Bad Item: +1 EXP

Good Item: +2 EXP

Uncommon Item: +3 EXP

Rare Item: +5 EXP

Perfect Item: +8 EXP

____

Rank 1: 0 EXP (2 Crafts per day)

Rank 2: 20 EXP (3 Crafts per day)

Rank 3: 40 EXP (4 Crafts per day)

Rank 4: 80 EXP (5 Crafts per day)

Rank 5: 160 EXP (6 Crafts per day)

Rank 6: 320 EXP (7 Crafts per day)

Rank 7: 640 EXP (8 Crafts per day)

Rank 8: 1280 EXP (9 Crafts per day)

Rank 9: 2560 EXP (10 Crafts per day)

Rank 10: 5120 EXP (10 Crafts per day)

Craft-able Items

Potions (available at rank 1): HP Recovery Potion, Safeguard Potion, etc. Potions are used for buffs and take a single post to drink, which includes a turn in battle.

Crystals (available at rank 2) HP Recovery Crystal, Mass HP Recovery Crystal, etc. Crystals are very similar to potions but can be used during combat without losing a turn.

Status Update (Potion or Crystal) (available at rank 3) HP Boost, damage increase, etc. Status update potions/crystals can give the player a base stat buff for 1 battle/day (whichever comes first).

Object Change (Potion or Crystal) (available at rank 5) Teleport, crystallize, etc. Object change potions/crystals can change the a player’s location or state of an object.

Inventory

Potions

Good:

Item Name: Potion of Hilarity 
Price: 25 Col
Quality: Good
QTY: 1
Effect: Makes the user unresistably hilarious during their next post.
Appearance: A fizzy light orange liquid that smells like onions. Tastes like chicken. Why? Because everything tastes like chicken...

Uncommon:

Item Name: Potion of Minor Healing
Price: 50 Col
Quality: Uncommon
Effect: Instantly heals you for 5 HP, Post action required.
Appearance:  A smooth red tint, swishes nicely in its vial.

Rare:

Item Name: Potion of Adept Healing
Price: 150 Col
Quality: Rare
Effect: Instantly heals you for 10 HP, Post action required.
Appearance: A beautiful sparkling red liquid that goes down smoothly.

Crystals

Item Name:
Price:
QTY: 
Effect:

Elric had finally finished setting up his shop.  He finally was able to turn his attention toward his pestal & mortar.

"Now, lets get this started.... I'm feeling in a good mood today...., what should I make?"

"OH I KNOW"

and with that Elric worked away for several hours, combining ingredients and such to the best of his abilities.

After a few minor explosions the potion was complete. It fizzed and bubbled a bit, but Elric was sure it was safe to drink.... atleast he hoped...

Stats:

Current XP: 0

Mats: 5

Result:

ID: 25247

Craft:  9 Good item 

Loot: 16 (But not needed)

- 1 Mat

+2 XP

(Crafts per day 1/2)

Potion of Hilarity - A fizzy light orange liquid that smells like onions. Tastes like chicken. Why? Because everything tastes like chicken...

Coming back from Golden's Shop, Elric was ready to get back to his ambitious work.

He knew that any Alchemist shop would not be in business without some type of healing potions, so thats what he set out to create.

Grabbing the pestal and mortar, Elric worked gracefully. Sure he lacked the knowledge of some more adept alchemist, but he felt he understood what he was shown previously to him by the NPC alchemist.

"I know I can do this.....," he said repeatedly to himself.

After a few hours of painstaking crafting, Elric was successful!

He wiped the sweat off his forehead, and set the new potion out on display.

Stats:

Current XP: 2

Mats: 4

Result:

ID: 25258

Craft: 10 Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)

Loot: 14 (Not needed)

Potion of Minor Healing - A smooth red tint, swishes nicley in its vial.

- 1 Mat

+ 3 XP

(Craft per day 2/2)

Approved

The sun was shinning brightly, thus forcing me to open my lazy eyes. I really didn't want to get up, I was sleeping so peacefully. But I knew there was work to be done, so many things to do today. Firstly however, I needed to sneak in a few crafts before the day began in its full glory. So after spending a few moments shaking myself awake, I sat down at my work station and began crafting away.

I was half expecting to recieve another "good" item, with this being only my third attempt at making such things, but when the menu poped up saying :

"Rare Item Crafted" I nearly spit out the water I was drinking...

Stats:

Current XP: 5

Mats: 3

Result:

ID: 25311

Craft: 11 = Rare item (2 enhancement slots) YAY!!

Potion of Adept Healing -  A beatiful sparkling red liquid that goes down smoothly.

- 1 Water

- 1 Mat

+ 5 XP

(Craft per day 1/2)

(Approved)

With success growing ever greater each time I crafted, I was rather eager to try a fourth time. So again, I sat in front of my pestal and mortar, grinding down ingredients to obtain another potion. However, things this time did not go as intended. I somehow generated a gooey brown slush, it smelled like vinegar, and let's not even bother mentioning what it tasted like. It was the worse thing I ever crafted, and I tossed it immediately.

Stats:

Current XP: 10

Mats: 2

Result:

ID: 25312

Craft: 3 FAIL

- 1 MAT

+1 XP

(Craft per day 2/2)

Elric took a look at his supply of materials, and realized he was down to his last one. He would have to make use of it. With any luck he'd be able to craft something useful out of it , that would help him in his efforts to secure more materials later.

He knew that running of materials meant leaving his cozy life in the town of beginnings and setting forth yet again in the wilds of SAO.

He took to his work immediately, shoving the thought aside, combining at-least what he thought was the right ingredients...

The potion failed to manifest correctly, and he had to toss another one out.

"Sigh....I guess its going to be one of those kinda of days..."

and with that he left his shop in search of more materials...

Stats:

Current XP: 11

Mats: 1

Result:

ID: 25407

Craft:  3

-1 mat

+1 XP

(Craft per day 1/2)