[PP-F2] Quest for Venom <<Long Live the Queen>>

Piera bounced on the balls of her feet before freezing as she heard metal hitting the ground and turned for a moment, looking over at Jomei in concern as she heard him curse the monster. "You alright?" Her mouth was tugged into half a smile, not sure whether to actually be concerned or to just tease him. But she had her own problems to deal with as she heard her wasp buzz zooming closer to her and she ducked and rolled forward to get behind it before standing again to stab at it. She allowed herself a small smirk as her hit found its mark. "Don't make me come over there." The spearwoman joked to the ginger swordsman, as if she'd be any help.

--------------------
ID: 27638
BD: 6(+1Acc)=7
DMG: 2
MD: 5
DMG: miss
--------------------

HP:

Jomei: 63/64
Piera: 18/23

Wind Wasp 3: 27/32 
Wind Wasp 2: 5/11

Edited by Piera
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Back with the jokes now are you lass?" Jomei said under his breath as he eyed down the wasp that was floating just behind his downed rapier. He lowered his body into a runner's stance before activating his <Sprint> skill and taking off running towards it. His target was obviously to get his sword back first, so as he approached the blade of the ground, he swiped his hand to grab the handle. A quick glance up made him aware the wasp was about to strike while Jomei was distracted. Gritting his teeth, he then followed suit, activating his <Acrobatics> skill to do a sort of frontwards cartwheel, pushing off of his hand to flip right over the wasp as it went to strike at him. As soon as Jomei's feet hit the floor, he spun around with his rapier, slashing at the wasp. 

--------------------
ID: 27640
BD: 3(+3) 
DMG: 5
MD: 3(-2)
DMG: miss
--------------------

HP:

Piera: 18/23

Wind Wasp 3: 22/32 
Wind Wasp 2: 5/11

Edited by Jomei

Unable to hear Jomei's softly spoken rhetorical question over the buzzing, Piera focused on what was before her, trusting that her companion could handle himself and would say something if he needed any assistance. She heard a lot of foot work and rolling around but resisted the urge to see what the ginger was doing. To finally take down this bug, she needed to concentrate. Lee would never let her live it down if heard that she couldn't kill one pitiful wasp on her own. It didn't even have half the health that Jomei's monster did. Watching its flight pattern intently, she saw an opening and swung her lance in an arc above her head, clipping the wasp's wings and causing its health to dip into the red zone. Its reaction was instantaneous as it gave a shrill buzz and dove at the closes thing to it, her arm; stabbing its stinger into her once more. She didn't let the attack phase her however, her health was still in the green and it was almost dead.

--------------------
ID: 27840
BD: 7(+1Acc)=8
MD: 6
DMG: 1
--------------------

HP:

Piera: 17/23
Wind Wasp 3: 22/32 
Wind Wasp 2: 3/11

Edited by Piera

As soon as his feet hit the floor, Jomei took off running towards the wind wasp. It was obvious this one was much tougher than the last one he had fought and needed to make sure to keep it off of Piera as much as possible. As he approached his target, he took a quick swing at it with his rapier, just missing it. He swung again at the annoying pest, only for it to hover right over his swinging sword. The wasp then drove its stinger downwards into Jomei's chest, creating a large red gash in the center of his torso. Jomei gasped and grunted as the wasp pulled its large stinger from his chest cavity. Thinking quickly, Jomei activated his <Concentration> skill, which was signaled by crosshairs flickering around the pupils of his eyes. He then took one large step forward and brought his sword downward on top of the wind wasp. 

--------------------
ID: 28739
BD: 2(+3)(+1 Concentration)
MD: 9
--------------------

HP:

Jomei: 61/64
Wind Wasp 3: 17/32 
Wind Wasp 2: 3/11

Edited by Jomei

Piera felt a flicker of concern when she heard heard Jomei gasp and immediately chanced a glance in his direction before wincing and looking away. That had to hurt...but at least it didn't seem to be hurting his health bar much, unlike herself. She needed to finish this, if she let her health dip into the yellow, she knew she'd never hear the end of it from Lee. Switching her balance to her right foot instead of her left, the brunette's eyes tracked the pesky wasp's movements behind her oval glasses. Just as she was sure it was getting ready to attack, the alchemist stepped her left and then right foot forward, whirling her long lance in her hands and feeling a surge of power as her weapon glowed before slashing diagonally downward into her foe. The wasp let out a spluttering buzz before shattering into bright blue polygons. Smiling in satisfaction, Piera said aloud, "Well it's not Raid, but it'll do." She then turned her attention to Jomei's monster, ready to help him now that she had finally picked off her first enemy.

--------------------
ID: 28810
BD: 9(+1Acc)=10 (normal crit)
DMG: 3
--------------------

HP:

Wind Wasp 3: 17/32 
Wind Wasp 2: 0/11

Edited by Piera

Jomei spun around to see Piera's spear pierce straight through the bugger, turning it back into simple lines of code and blue data fragments. {Good. She was able to take it out without getting too hurt..} His eyes shifted back to the other wasp that he was currently fighting."Don't worry, I didn't forget about you" he said in a taunting tone, bowing his head to the side. He wanted to keep his attacks simple so he would be able to take it out and not have it land any hits on Piera if possible. Jomei bounced on the balls of his feet, back in forth, as the wasp charged forward at Jomei, its wings buzzing as the yellow and black creature got closer to the player. Pushing off of his left foot, he was just able to dodge its large stinger. He then returned the favor by thrusting his sword forward, piercing the wasp in the body.

--------------------
ID: 28856
BD: 7(+3)
MD: 7(-2) = 5
--------------------

HP:

Wind Wasp 3: 12/32 

Edited by Jomei

Piera smiled as her ginger friend taunted the black and yellow insect. Her feet didn't let her stay in one place for long, slowly side stepping around the hovering bug to be a few steps to Jomei's left, leaving enough space for both of them to fight and dodge. The brunette didn't take her eyes away from the insect as it buzzed about, watching her companion's movements with her peripherals. Taking advantage of the wasp's strike against Jomei, the alchemist attacked alongside of him, twirling her lance in her hands before stabbing at the creature's wings in the hopes of incapacitating it.

--------------------
ID: 28861
--------------------

HP:

Wind Wasp 3: 10/32 

Edited by Piera

Preparing for his next attack, the brunette charged past him, twirling her lance. After her small flair, she thrusted the tip of her weapon into Jomei's enemy. Jomei chuckled, "Glad you could finally join us lass." He took a fighting stance, ready to finish this thing off once and for all. The wasp began to lose altitude and flutter towards the ground, indicating it was not doing too well on health, but it still had quite a bit of fight in it. After fluttering its wings and picking up speed, it swooped towards Piera, looking to land a devastating strike in her stomach. Before the bug could get too close, however, Jomei brought the point of his sword downwards on top of the wasp, slamming it into the ground. He pulled his sword back up, throwing the wasp back up into the air as well, "Piera! Switch!" 

--------------------
ID: 29222
BD: 3(+3)
MD: 1
--------------------

HP:

Jomei: 61/64 (Hate: 1)
Piera: 17/23(Hate: 1)
Wind Wasp 3: 5/32 

Edited by Jomei

Piera couldn't hold back a small smile of amusement at Jomei's playful teasing in the brogue of his natural accent. Just as she glanced at her companion however, the wasp that she thought was on its last legs (or wings perhaps), swooped towards her before the ginger slammed it back into the ground as punishment with his rapier. Seeing the insect's low health bar, the brunette was sure that Jomei would finish it off, but he called for her to switch out with him and so she fluidly stepped forward, her lance shooting out in front of her to stab the wasp just as it was trying to gain balance from being thrown back into the air, knocking it back slightly with a furious buzz. "Switch!" Her attack, while successful, did a pitiful amount of damage compared to her companion's, leaving only a sliver of red health bar left. The alchemist leaped back quickly to give the guildmate room to attack as she encouraged, "On a silver platter now. Go ahead an finish it Jomei."

--------------------
ID: 29335
--------------------

HP:

Piera: 17/23 (Hate: 1)
Wind Wasp 3: 3/32 

Edited by Piera

In perfect unison, Piera caught their enemy out of the air with her lance, piercing it once again and sending its limp body flying backwards. She then called for Jomei to switch and finish it off, to which he nodded at her and took off. Pushing off of his back foot, he lunged forward towards the large bug, his sword held at his side. As he approached the wasp, his sword began to glow gold as he activated his sword skill. With one last powerful step, Jomei brought his sword forward, swiftly piercing his rapier into the enemy multiple times. The wasp then disappeared into blue data and rewarded Jomei with a col and mat prize. He turned to Piera while opening up his inventory window, "Well.. that was fun.." he split the amount of col he had earned between the two of them, also sending over the 2 materials he had earned to Piera as well. "I have no need for materials much, so since this is all for your store, you take them." 

--------------------
ID: 29336
BD: 7(+3) 
LD: 19

Reward: 160 col (80 each)
+2 mats 
--------------------

HP:

Piera: 17/23 (Hate: 2)
Wind Wasp 3: -2/32 

Edited by Jomei

Piera stepped back and watched as Jomei's finishing blow caused the last insect to explode into pretty blue particles. Smiling as the ginger remarked on how fun the fight was, the brunette leaned her lance against her shoulder casually and said, "So much fun that my health bar nearly couldn't take it, heh. Whenever I open my shop I really need to make sure I keep a couple potions on me for those 'just in case' situations..." Her health had gotten nearly uncomfortably low against just a few low level bugs on a low level floor. She'd need to wait and regen before they continued. The alchemist blinked as a already accepted trade request popped up after the window informing her about the rewarded experience faded away. Smiling hopefully at Jomei she replied, "Thank you! I've heard other shop owners always complain about lack of mats so these are really going to help since I'm just starting out. I'll give you a discount when you come by my shop eventually."

Reward: 160 col (80 each)

+2 mats 

{OOC: I don't even know what I rolled for since the battle's over =.=; i just did it automatically lol....damnit SAO}

Edited by Piera

Jomei looked around at his surroundings to make sure that was it for their buzzing friends. After a moment of silence, he heard a loud buzzing noise come from inside the forested area. "That must be the Queen that just spawned.. Hopefully she won't come out here to us just yet.. so we have time to recuperate." He pierced the tip of his blade into the dirt so it stood up on its own, and then he sat down on the dirt, letting out a sigh of relief as he hit the floor. "There were a couple of moments during that fight that got a wee bit ugly.. But I'm sure with both of us taking on the Queen at once, she really should not be a problem." Jomei's owl friend landed on his shoulder and closed its eyes, taking the idea in of rest before going into their next fight. 

Jomei: 62/64 (+1 HP OOB)
Piera: 18/23 (+1 HP OOB)

Piera stiffened slightly as she also heard the buzzing and looked over in the direction it was coming from before looking back at her companion as he spoke. "I hope so...I haven't had a chance to actually make any potions yet so I really need to regen." Smiling as Jomei sat down, the brunette did the same, flopping down and setting aside her long spear as she stretched her legs out in front of her and leaned back slightly, her arms behind her and keeping her upright, echoing his sigh.

Her content expression twisted into a mild grimace when he remarked about how it was a close fight. "Yeah... If not...then what?" She lifted her head from its relaxed position to look over at her guildmate, trusting that since he was more experienced that he would know what to do in such a situation. "We don't have any healing items or teleport crystals so..." Her shoulders shrugged before she smiled at the sight of Adere landing on his shoulder.

Jomei: 63/64 (+1 HP OOB)
Piera: 19/23 (+1 HP OOB)

Jomei smirked, "Don't worry.. you didn't lose that much HP.. So you'll regenerate it back pretty quickly. Lucky for us, we aren't in the Queen's aggro zone.. so it should leave us along until we go near it." He lifted up his hand to open up his inventory and scrolled through his items, just to see if he had anything on hand. He noticed he actually did have a Tier 1 HP potion that he had bought a couple of months back.. but he figured Piera would regen quickly enough to where they would not need to waste it. "After this fight, you'll be able to make all the potions you want." he laughed "And I'm sure they're gonna help a lot of people." He sat forward, adjusting his position to sit cross-legged. 

After mentioning how the boss should not be a problem for both of them, it seemed to hit a nerve in Piera.. wondering how the fight would go if it was just one of them. Jomei laughed when he noticed her fear, "Nothing to worry about lass. I took on the Queen on my own when I was just about your level and I was just fine." He heard the sound of the Queen's buzzing again, to which he looked over his shoulder. He was right, it was not getting any closer, just staying in place. He let out a light sigh. 

Piera's eyebrows raised in skepticism, shaking her head as he tried to say that she didn't lose that much HP. "Sure felt like it. Thought I was gonna dip into the yellow for sure." Reassured that they were out of the aggro zone of the Queen, the brunette sighed and let her hands drop, causing her body to flop to lay fully on the ground. "Good. Cuz otherwise I'd just tell her right where she can put her stinger."

She closed her eyes, watching behind closed lids as her health bar began slowly refilling. Smiling at the thought of being able to make all the potions she wanted and help people, the alchemist peeked her eyes open to glance at her ginger friend and rolled to lay on her side, her elbow on the ground as her hand supported her head. "I hope so. That was the goal after all. I just hope it'll be enough. Even if I can't be with you all," She said, referring to the clearers, "At least my potions will be there, supporting as best I can."

At Jomei's continued reassurance that she'd do fine against the Queen as he had gone solo against her around her level and did fine, Piera smiled at him gratefully before her eyes twinkled as she teased, "But did you miss as much as I did when you fought her? Who knows, maybe I'll make the Queen die from laughter at how pitiful my attempts to kill her are. Or she'll keep me as the court jester. And you can be the court bard."

Piera: 21/23 (+1 HP OOB)

Jomei slowly nodded, "Yeah... You know.. I've been thinking.. Since the last meeting was, abruptly cancelled for some reason, Lowenthal took it upon himself to find the next boss room, with some help of course, and then he is hopefully gonna take charge in the next one.. And unless he asks me personally to help him fight again.. I don't think I'm gonna go. You know me, I don't want to be a front liner. I want to help people clear this game, yes.. but.." he clenched his fist slightly, and then let out a nervous chuckle, "I just.. have too many things I need to do before getting killed off.."

Jomei sat back and tried to remember his last fight with the Queen.. "Huh.. I don't remember honestly.. Slipping my mind at the moment.. Either way, you'll do fine." He stood up and stretched his back, and looking in the direction of where the Queen waited, he grabbed at his sword from the ground. He looked back down to Piera, "I'm ready to go whenever you are. This is your quest after all, you can lead the way." he gave her a smirk and wink. 

Jomei 64/64 
Piera 22/23 (+1 OOB)

Piera sat up, looking over at Jomei as he spoke, her eyes filled with surprise and concern. Smiling sadly at his nervous chuckle, she nodded in understanding. "I...I didn't know that he was doing such a thing... Seems like he's been going off alone a lot lately. I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to fight on the front lines though. I'm the same way." She shared his somewhat bitter smile, as if somewhat disgusted with her cowardice, but accepted it nonetheless. "But....if for whatever reason you do go. If he does ask you..... Please let me know. I'll give you both whatever potions or crystals I can make to help." Her green eyes shone with worry and sincerity as she stared at her ginger friend.

The moment slipping into something a bit more casual, Piera gave a breathy laugh at his insistence of her leading since she was the quest holder. "Oh yeah sure, that's totally the reason. One meat shield, comin' up." She stated lightly with a smile as she used her long lance to help her up. Then inhaling deeply, the brunette nodded as she let the breath out and began to walk towards the ominous buzzing.

Piera 23/23 (+1 OOB)

Jomei smiled softly at his friend and nodded, "Yeah. Ill keep that in mind. Thanks" Jomei was now standing, and looked out towards the trees. He chuckled, "Hell, I may need to go just to keep his stubborn ass alive." he scratched the back of his head with a grin on his face. He looked back down to Piera, who looked a little bit worried, "But don't worry. I promise we will be both be fine no matter what." he spoke softly to reassure her. After suggesting the two should get moving, Piera reluctantly agreed, jokingly calling herself the meat shield. "N-No of course not! If anything, I'm gonna be taking most of the hits if possible." he franticly waved his hands in front of him, making sure she didn't think she was gonna actually be the meat shield. Jomei followed after Piera as she slowly walked towards the entrance to the forest. Jomei placed both of his hands on her shoulders from behind, "Don't look so scared. Its just a big bug. At least its not the Cerberus or giant Sand Shark." he laughed mischievously. 

The bespectacled young woman seemed a little more relieved at Jomei's promise and she nodded in acceptance of his word. She was sure that both of the guys could take care of themselves and each other no problem. She just worried a lot sometimes....frequently....okay, most of the time. At the ginger man's protestations of her joke about being the meat shield she chuckled. "Well good, me and my health bar thank you. I'll probably miss too much to draw most of the aggro anyway..." She sighed in lamentation at her recent failures with the wasps as she walked forward. The brunette's posture grew more tense as they approached the buzzing, echoing off the the forest's trees as they went further into the forest. When her guildmate tried to reassure her, calling it 'just a big bug', she stared at him dubiously. "I'd rather face the Cerberus or giant sand shark. And I don't even know what a sand shark is. But I'd still rather face it than any bug." Piera shuddered and murmured to herself, "At least it's not a spider..."

Jomei laughed, "Well, the Sand Shark is-" His sentence cut short by the loud buzzing of the Queen Wind Wasp's large wings keeping her afloat. His cheerful expression, changed into a stern glare as he looked at their enemy, "I'll save that story for another time." Jomei looked over his shoulder at Piera, who still seemed a little worried at the large enemy they were about to fight and smirked, nodding his head. He then used his <Sprint> skill to run around the Queen, drawing her attention onto him. Adere, who was perched on Jomei's shoulder, took flight and followed closely next to Jomei, ready to point out any weak points if possible.

The Wind Wasp Queen looked similar to her smaller counterparts, but obviously much bigger. Rather than regular Wind Wasps, whose size varied from the size of one's head, to the size of the average man's torso... this Wind Wasp Queen was about two.. maybe three times the size of Jomei. Her skin seemed to be more gold-ish, and her eyes a deeper shade of red. She also sported an extra pair of large wings on her back, probably to make up for her large size. Along with the usual stinger found at the bottom of her thorax, the ends of her hands were also stingers.. upping her ante for attack advantages. 

As the ginger haired man ran around the Queen, she kept an eye on him as he tried to flank her. Good, she's sticking to me rather than going right to Piera..The small owl hooted, catching Jomei's attention. With an agreeing nod from Jomei, she took the lead in attacking the Queen. Jomei followed right behind the owl as the flew forward towards a spot in the beast's chest. "Got it!" Jomei yelled, and the owl broke off from her flight. The Queen brought back one of its large lance like hands and attempted to shove it into Jomei's body. With a simple sidestep, Jomei dodged the attack and drove his own sword forward into the spot Adere had picked out for Jomei. "Alright Piera! You're turn!" 

--------------------
ID: 30431
BD: 4(+3) =7
MD: 5 (-2) =  3 (miss)
--------------------

HP:

Jomei: 64/64 (Hate: 1)
Piera: 23/23 (Hate: 0)
Queen Wind Wasp: 30/35 (-5)
Base Dmg: 2
(on a CD of 11-12, a Wind Wasp with 10 HP comes to her aid)

Edited by Jomei