[PP-F4] Fighting a block of Ice <<Avalanche>> (Tristan Delaney) COMPLETE

Xion was in the Town of beginnings, in floor one, he was standing next to the teleport gate in the center of the town. He had been Talking to Tristan Delaney, a high level aggro-tank who had offered to help Xion with some quests, well actually one in particular: Avalanche. The quest was on floor four, to which Tristan had already teleported. "Well, I might as well follow him" He said, Xion sounded confident, but to tell the truth he was slightly nervous, he was going to a higher level floor to face a field boss which would be much stronger than any foe that he had faced before, but he was with Tristan, one of the best tanks in the game currently, so he had nothing to worry about. 

"Teleport, floor 4!" Xion shouted, and almost instantly he felt himself almost cease to exist, as his avatar de-materialized into a flash of light and re-materialized in floor four. Xion looked at the crowd in the plaza, looking for the 6 foot red head that he was supposed to be following, to say the least he wasn't hard to find. He walked over to the giant of a man "Hey, Tristan!" he said, as he got closer. 

Tristan smiled as he saw the person he was looking for for this quest, being the one he was intending to help. Avalanche was harder for newer players, he once nearly died to it as a low level player with Claim all those months ago, though now was a walk in the park for him. He went up to Xion and said "Welcome to the snow of Floor 4.". It really was the snow paradise floor, where they would soon be off to fight a giant of ice. "You ready to set off?".

Xion nodded "I have everything that I need...well other than healing items and maybe a coat, it's bloody freezing here" Xion said as he watched his breath condense into little clouds of carbon dioxide in front of him and a shiver ran through him. He had tried to get some information about the boss, he knew it's health and attack, but not it's spawning conditions. "Hey Tristan...what do we need to do to get this thing to spawn...or does it just spawn as soon as we enter the area?" Xion asked, looking through his inventory and stats absent-mindedly. 

Tristan chuckled at the comment about the cold. He had the skill Survival and thus could withstand the cold, though the same could not be said for Xion here. "Dont worry about healing items, that boss will only tickle me." He said with a chuckle and started walking with Xion to the outer city to the snowy plains. "You just kind of find it, shouldn't be an issue though."

Xion nodded "It's a bloody massive hunk of ice...yeah shouldn't be hard to find..." Xion said, shaking himself in an attempt to make himself warmer, although inevitably he just ended up looking like a bloody idiot. He looked on, out to the seemingly endless snowy plains "I would like to say that this reminds me of winter in the real world...but I'm British, I mean we haven't had a proper white Christmas in years...god I miss white Christmases" he said, reminiscing about years past, the white christmases that he had as a child, building snowmen, the odd snowball fight, such youthful joy and ignorance "Yeah....they were the good times" 

Tristan could only burst out laughing about their comments of winter. To the English, an inch of snow was like a blizzard happened and threw traffic into chaos, simply because the concept of winter tyres with better grip was foreign to the UK. There were times where there would be more snow and it could be played well. "I do indeed have fond memories of those times. Of snowballs, igloos, frost giants...wait frost giants?".

Tristan looked out and saw what had distracted him. A giant walking ice thing was walking around, no doubt the <<Avalanche>>. "Well time, to give them a warm welcome to say Summer is here." He commented as withdrew his spear for combat.

Xion turned to see the colossal hunk of Ice "That's <<Avalanche>> then..." he said as he drew the Impravidor, his eyes trained on the creature. "Assuming you're attacking first Tristan?" He asked, turning to the red head who had drawn his massive spear, once again reminding Xion of how small he was 'Must be as big as me...god his strength stat must be huge.." Xion thought to Himself. The ice golem had not noticed them yet, meaning that if he was fast, which undoubtedly Tristan probably was even though he was a tank, he could get an easy hit in. 

Tristan chuckled as he was inquired about first attack, saying "Oh no, even better than that. I can do aggro much more efficiently.". He brought back his shoulders and heaved air in, then activating the <<Howl>> skill. His mouth blared out the roar akin to typically a dragon, thundering out towards the plains and attracting the attention of Tristan.

"Now you needn't worry about being hit." he spoke with a smile.

Tristan 63/63 (Hate: 4)

Xion 23/23 (Hate: 0)

Avalanche 50/50

ID: 25800

BD: 8 (3 DMG) 

Xion watched on in awe as Tristan howled like some mighty beast, instantly drawing the attention of the ice creature towards him instead of Xion "Thanks" he said before training his eyes on the beast, it was large and seemingly uncoordinated, but Xion knew that it was far from that, it's attacks were decently powerful, as strong as Xion's to be exact. 

He charged towards it and sliced through it's leg, dealing a little damage before Xion backed off and stood alongside Tristan. "This shouldn't be that hard" Xion said looking at the ice golem's health bars, the first of which had a small chunk missing. 

Tristan (63/63) [HATE: 4] 

Xion (23/23) [HATE: 1] 

Avalanche (47/50) 

ID: 25816

BD: 7 (8 DMG) 

MD: 10 Flame Thorns activated

Tristan followed Xions own attack with the thrust of his Devastator, hitting where Xion just hit for extra power. He dealt also significantly more damage, but this was mostly due to statistics more than anything else. The ice scattered in splinters where the spear head struck and viciously angered the beast. It roared in anger for daring to harm it so, bringing a hammer fist slam down to Tristan. He raised his shield and absorbed near the entire force of the blow, the earth cracking at his feet. In retaliation, the flames of the shield struck back at the fiend, burning its hand and leaving a lingering burning effect from his Flame Thorns. "Yep, easy enough."

Tristan (62/63) [HATE: 6] (3-7=1)

Xion (23/23) [HATE: 1] 

Avalanche (37/50) Burn 1 dmg (2/2)

ID:25817

BD: 8 (3 DMG)

Xion watched as Tristan made a follow up attack, his spear penetrating the ice golem with tremendous force, so much that Xion almost felt a shock wave go through the air. The beast then retaliated, striking Tristan's shield before it was struck by flames. Xion smiled, before looking up to see that Tristan had taken it's health to nearly half "No bloody way...man you're strong"  Xion said before charging at the creature, lunging at it, this time hitting it's midriff, his sword breaking through the ice, creating a large red glowing wound that went a few inches deep. He smiled, before backing off once more behind the safety of Tristan. "Piece of cake..."  

Tristan (62/63) [HATE: 6] 

Xion (23/23) [HATE: 2] 

Avalanche (34/50)

ID: 25851

BD: 3 Miss

MD: 3 Miss

Tristan nodded on that this thing was going down in no time. He wasn't sure what else he could say to that, since that is all it was. Tristan did these day usually have a reasonable time with bosses. He went in for his own attack, but before he could get close the Avalanche sent out a fist to punch him, which he dodged with a large backward step to get out of range. Thus in consequence he couldn't hit the opponent and had to attack another time. He internally shrugged and waited for Xion's next attack.

Avalanche (33/50) Burn 1 dmg (1/2)

ID: 25852

BD: 2 (FAIL)

Xion watched as Tristan attempted to attack the beast, but had to dodge an incoming strike from the ice golem "Nice, you know for a tank you move pretty damn fast" he said before running in to attack himself, he was aiming for the lower body once again, but this time the beast was prepared, it brought down it's massive fist, presumably aiming to strike Xion, who was able to put his sword up horizontally in defence just in time. "C...crap" Xion grunted as he strained against the beast's strength, eventually pushing it's fist away for a few seconds, but a few seconds was all he needed to jump out of harm's way. "Damn.." 

Avalanche (32/50) Burn 1 dmg (2/2)

ID: 25858

BD: 6 (8 dmg)

MD: 6-3=3 Miss

Tristan nodded and said "Sometimes to tank damage you take none at all.". Obviously fate had their way to say otherwise, as a fist came swinging at him to block, and block he did. The fist bounced off his shield harmlessly leaving him untouched. "Well, sometimes I have to still block what comes at me though." he said with a chuckle as he returned the attack with his own and slashed the beast with the head of his spear, leaving quite a wound.

Tristan (62/63) [HATE: 8]

Avalanche (24/50)

ID: 26100

BD: 9 (4 DMG)

Xion watched as Tristan tanked a blow from the beast like it was a mere boar "So it's true...numbers do make you invincible" he said before focusing on Avalanche once more, charging towards it and thrusting his blade forwards, piercing through the ice, embedding about half of his blade within it before dragging it out horizontally, dealing a large amount of damage for a low level player like Xion. "There's the hit I was looking for" he said with a grin, before returning to Tristan's side. 

Tristan (62/63) [HATE: 8]

Xion (23/23) [HATE: 4]

Avalanche (20/50)

ID: 26143

BD: 7 (8 dmg)

MD: 4-3=1 Miss

Tristan chuckled and said "Well that depends on what you fight, as I'm not invincible against a lot of things. But yes, I'm rather durable."

The Avalanche roared and went for an attack, but blinded in its rage, the aim was rather poor and missed Tristan and Xion by a long shot. Easily avoiding the poorly aimed blow, Tristan used the opportunity to dash forward with his spear and smashed it into the enemies side. He smiled as pixels scattered and awaited its next move.

Tristan (62/63) [HATE: 10]

Xion (23/23) [HATE: 4]

Avalanche (12/50)

ID:26149

BD: 9 (4 DMG) 

Xion grinned as the beast missed it's attack completely "It's last moments are near, it can't focus" He said before charging forwards and smashing his blade into the side of the beast, watching as the Ice cracked and splintered and it's health bar went down by a third. "A couple more and it's dead" he said, backing off and waiting for tristan's next attack

Xion (23/23) [HATE: 6]

Avalanche (8/50)

ID:26149

BD: 10 (8+2 DMG) 

Tristan chuckled as Xion spoke of a 'couple' more hits. He did a slight 'hmph' sound and then pierced them with the spear, ending the beasts life completely as it blew up into pixels. "I don't think couple will be necessary. At least that fight is now over and done with." He said with a smile and relaxed his shoulders, unequipping his weapon and shield as they were no longer necessary.

(Just two more posts after then we hit a page)

Xion (23/23) [HATE: 6]

Avalanche (0/50) DEAD

Xion watched as Tristan killed the boss with one strike of his spear. "Well so much for a couple of hits" He said with a chuckle, as the 'Quest complete' message appeared before him. Xion smiled, before turning to Tristan "Thanks so much for the help, shall we go back to the main town then?" he asked, hoping that the red head would be able to stay for a while as it was nice to have someone to talk to. 

Tristan smiled to what Xion had said and looked about the now empty area. With nothing else to do here, it seemed sensible to head back into town. "Sure, let's go for some hot chocolate. After all, we've been out here in the cold and my Survival skill only goes so far." he spoke with a chuckle, thinking how a hot drink would be excellent. Tristan walked with Xion back to town, thinking which shop to go to out the several that were there, along with maybe other quests they could possibly do.

TOPIC COMPLETE

Xion earns 4 SP (3 quest + 1 topic finished), 200 Col and 1 Snowfrost*

Tristan earns 1 topic finished SP, 200 Col and 1 Snowfrost*

<<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle. [The wearer will only take half damage from the burning damage over time effect]

Edited by Tristan Delaney