[SP - FL1] We Must Save Her Family! <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> [Complete]

[ID 26071]

[Hirru = 4] This is a thing.. It's a thing now..

[Flower Nepent = ( 8-1 ) 7] At least you're getting good rolls...

[CD = 10] Fruit Timer +1

The curse was worse than before, I feared.  It turns out that I am in a constant loop, and everything else isn't.  The Flower Nepent took another solid hit out of me, and I jumped back to get some distance.  Checking my body, I was covered in orange gashes, especially my shoulder.

"I don't know how, but I will get out of this funk and destroy you!"

[Hirru 17/19]

[Flower Nepent 9/9] Fruit Timer 8 turns

Edited by Hirru
Editing health for the horde
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ID 26086]

[Hirru = 4] Yep.. a thing..

[Flower Nepent = ( 1-1 ) 0] Did it just implode?

[CD = 8] Nothing

I felt that if I could take it out quickly if I just rush the heck out of it.  That came to an extreme surprise as I found that none of it mattered.  I was still cursed with the bad luck mo-jo, and nothing I could do was going to change it.  Maybe, if I sat in one place long enough to say, get cut to pieces, then I would be free from this hell.

[Hirru 17/19]

[Flower Nepent 9/9] Fruit Timer 7 turns

Edited by Hirru
RNGsus why

[ID 26088]

[Hirru = 2] So.. wanna get some coffee?

[Flower Nepent = ( 8-1 ) 7] Hit!  1 lump or 2?

[CD = 8] Nothing

If it wasn't for the fact that I really needed this thing dead, I would have walked away, during the first battle.  I would have gone back to the Town of Beginnings and stayed in my room at the inn.  Forever!  No, I needed this thing dead, not only for a quest, but for my pride.  I would not let a plant ruin my day for me.  Even if it hit me in the same bloody shoulder.  I seriously think that my arm will fall off soon, if I hadn't leveled up.

[Hirru 16/19]

[Flower Nepent 9/9] Fruit Timer 6 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26090]

[Hirru = 3]

[Flower Nepent = ( 10-1 ) 9] Crit +2

[CD = 9] Fruit Timer +1

If it wasn't for the fact that I told myself that it would happen, I would have been a bit more surprised than normal.  The flower Nepent came in and hit my off hand arm.  That wouldn't be so bad, if I wasn't already hurt to begin with, but worse of all, I noticed something else.  I quick shattering of light came from my side and a new icon appeared next to my health bar.  Looking at my arm, I could only see a glowing stump where the arm used to be.

"I'm going to need a strong drink to fix this.."

[Hirru 13/19]

[Flower Nepent 9/9] Fruit Timer 6 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26096]

[Hirru = 1] ...

[Flower Nepent = ( 6-1 ) 5] Miss

[CD = 3] Fruit Timer -1

Now with one arm, it was even harder to maneuver without falling over.  Happily that falling over has saved me time and time again.  Dumb luck, or that demon was having the time of its life.  I don't know, I just wanted this done and over with.

As another petal fell from the nepent, I knew I didn't have much time left.

[Hirru 13/19]

[Flower Nepent 9/9] Fruit Timer 4 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26097]

[Hirru = 4] Getting real tired of this dice roller

[Flower Nepent = ( 10-1 ) 9] Crit +2

[CD = 5] Nothing

I have no more excuses for why this is happening.  My arm is gone; I'm at half my health.. again; and this flower is turning into a fruited one faster than I can act.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I literally stood there as another whip like arm hit me across my chest.  Correction, now I was at half health.  

[Hirru 10/19]

[Flower Nepent 9/9] Fruit Timer 2 turns

Edited by Hirru
#DicerollerI'mSorry

[ID 26098]

[Hirru = 9] Crit +1 Oh merciful Dice Roller..

[Flower Nepent = ( 10-1 ) 9] Crit +2 Damn you merciful Dice Roller..

[CD = 8] Nothing

It finally hit me as I took another hit from the creature.  I was doing it all wrong.  I was just strong arming everything and forgetting my Sword Skills.  I took my time, and at the right moment activated a <<Slant>> across the plants skin.

"There we go!  Let's keep this up!"

[Hirru 7/19]

[Flower Nepent 6/9] Fruit Timer 1 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26099]

[Hirru = 8] It.. doesn't even matter any more..

[Flower Nepent = ( 7-1 ) 6] Nope...

[CD = 7] Nothing

As I focused for another sword skill, I noticed that the flower had finally disappeared.  My sword drew a line through the creature right as the fruit came out.  The fruit then burst with a red mist filling the air.  This was new to me, and I had one arm.  Looking around, I couldn't figure out what happened until I noticed that all the Nepents in the area were converging towards me.

"Oh heck no!"

I said as I ran from the area, taking a quick swipe along my back.  I ran as fast as I could back to the village.  If there was one thing that I didn't want, it was all of those things to come at me at once.  Death was not on my list of things to accomplish.

As I got to the village entrance, I heard a large cry from the direction that I had just came from.  It sounded like a large wolf.  Good thing that I wasn't anywhere near it.

Meanwhile

A lone pup sat wagging its tail as a number of nepents shattered into pieces.  It scratched itself with its hind leg before panting and wagging its tail.  It got those nasty beasties!  Making a small bark, it bounded after the familiar scent.

[Hirru 6/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/9]*

[Little Nepent 0/9]*

[Little Nepent 0/9]*

[Little Nepent 0/9]*

[Fruit Nepent 0/9]*

[Little Nepent 0/9]*

[Dire Wolf Pup (Adorable/Alive)]

*These were not counted towards my score and just used for Adorable Vengeance.

Edited by Hirru
Edited for Adorable Vengeance

[ID 26538]

[Hirru = 10] Crit +2

[Flower Nepent = ( 10-1 ) 9] Crit +2

[CD = 10] FLOWER!!

I found myself back in the forest to the west as something in me couldn't help to think 'if's', and kept me awake all night.  It felt weird, but sleeping doesn't heal a cut off arm.  I'll have to find a healing crystal or an alchemist.  The debuff looked only to mess with my senses as I couldn't use my left arm anymore.  Looking around, I saw quite a few more Nepents than usual.

"What happened here?"

As I said that, I noticed a number of flowers among them.  Since when did they spawn so many of them?  That wasn't my focus as I pulled out my sword and ran towards the first flower that I saw.  Good thing I didn't need my other arm for 1H Straight Sword skills.  I instantly conducted a <<Sonic Leap>> at the Flower Nepent making an aerial downward strike on it.  That made for a rather unbalanced landing though and I got struck by a counterattack.

"Today looks like it will be a good day."

[Hirru 16/19]

[Flower Nepent 6/10] Fruit timer 9 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26541]

[Hirru = 1] Miss

[Flower Nepent = ( 6-1 ) 5] Miss

[CD = 1] Fruit Timer -1

The missing arm was definitely something was holding me back as I couldn't really get momentum unless I used a sword skill.  The plant creature attacked but I was able to sidestep away from danger.  This wasn't going to be easy, and if I wasn't careful; I would be left with no arms.

[Hirru 16/19]

[Flower Nepent 6/10] Fruit timer 7 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26543] Look at does numbers..

[Hirru = 3] Miss

[Flower Nepent = ( 9-1 ) 8] Crit +1

[CD = 8] Nothing

I could feel the creatures next attack glance through me.  More of my health fell as I wiped backwards to get some distance.  None of my current attacks will hit this thing, and I've got to wait for my next sword skill.  Another game of cat and mouse it is then.

[Hirru 14/19]

[Flower Nepent 6/10] Fruit timer 6 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26545]

[Hirru = 5]

[Flower Nepent = ( 6-1 ) 5] 

[CD = 1] Timer -1

I come in for an attack, but an attack from the Nepent causes me to dodge to the side.  Without the proper equilibrium from my arm, I'm thrown aside by my own legs and miss any attempt at an attack.  In the mean time, the flower was drying up as we fought.  Not much time left.

[Hirru 14/19]

[Flower Nepent 6/10] Fruit timer 4 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26546]

[Hirru = 9] Crit +1

[Flower Nepent = ( 9-1 ) 8] Crit +1

[CD = 1] Timer -1

Kicking off the ground, I grit my teeth as I hug the blade to my side pointing onwards.  <<Rage Spike>>  I rush forward with blade glowing orange, I slash upward once in front of the Nepent causing a fair amount of damage, but the cooldown gives it enough time to hit me while I'm still.  Another petal fell from the creature and I felt that I had no time left.

[Hirru 11/19]

[Flower Nepent 3/10] Fruit timer 2 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26548]

[Hirru = 4]

[Flower Nepent = ( 3-1 ) 2] 

[CD = 7] Nothing

I had to get away from the thing before I could come up with any way to kill it.  It was becoming extremely difficult as I was running out of time.  I need to kill this Nepent.  I must get the ovule!  I must save them.

[Hirru 11/19]

[Flower Nepent 3/10] Fruit timer 1 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26701]

[Hirru = 7] Hit

[Flower Nepent ( 4-1 )= 3] 

[CD = 10] Timer +1

Swinging forward, I initiated a <<Slant>> across the creatures body before rolling away to a safe distance.  From what I could tell, it was on its last leg/root.  This was my last chance to take it out.  May the odds be ever in my favor.

[Hirru 11/19]

[Flower Nepent 1/10] Fruit timer 1 turns

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26702]

[Hirru = 3] Miss

[Flower Nepent ( 2-1 )= 1] Critical Miss

[CD = 8] Nothing (Screw the system)

I lunged forward with my final act, but I missed it completely.  I watched as the last petal fell from it, and became a fruit.  Thankfully, I didn't hit it so it didn't alert the others.  I simply ran away from the Nepent until I was far enough to de-aggro the creature.  I sighed as I struggled to figure out what was wrong.  Was it my arm?  Was I not strong enough?  Maybe I needed to train more?  

I slowly walked away before a yipping came to my ear.  I turned around to find a Dire Wolf Pup growling at the fruit nepent.  I didn't know that they could spawn here.  Shrugging my shoulders, I turn to continue walking when I hear a screech before the sound of something dying.  Poor thing must have died.

Wait.. that wasn't the sound of a dying wolf.  That was a Nepent!

Looking back, the pup was growling towards a group of nepents.  From them, I could see a few flowers coming from them.  If I wanted to, I could take advantage of this and kill a flowered one while the rest are distracted, or I could defend to pup so that it could survive.

The choices were in place.

What was I to do?

[Hirru 11/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 9/9]

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26703]

[Hirru = 7] Hit

[Flower Nepent ( 6-1 )= 5] Miss

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 12] Crit 7+2=9 DMG

What else was I supposed to do? I went in to attack the first Nepent, but something in my head said not to.  Just then a sweeping claw animation from the pup, that looked bigger than it was, appeared causing one Nepent to instantly shatter.

"What in the world are you?"

I question the pup who continues its growling.  Seeing that it probably had everything under control, I went after the only flower in sight.  I ran forward and stuck the flowered one with a glancing strike.

In the mean time, the rest of the Nepents started their assault on the pup.  Many blows went into it, but only 1 made a scratch.  From what I could tell, this wolf pup wasn't an ordinary enemy.

[Hirru 11/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 7/9] 

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26704]

[Hirru = 7] 

[Flower Nepent ( 2-1 )= 1] 

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 9] Hit 

Another well placed hit cleaved through the flowered one.  I stepped back enough, but the flowered nepent didn't follow through.  I had to keep going.

The wolf on the other hand was taking a beating.  It took out quite a bit of HP from the next nepent that it fought, but it was getting hit for more damage than that.  How was it still alive by now?

[Hirru 11/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 2/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 5/9] 

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26705]

[Hirru = 4] Miss

[Flower Nepent ( 6-1 )= 5] Miss

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 5] Hit

This time around wasn't as good, as I missed my target and fell to the side.  Luckily, I fell away from the coming attack.

The pup hit again, yet was battered by small cuts.  This wasn't looking good at all.  Something had to be done, or else we both were dead.

[Hirru 11/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 5/9] 

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru

[ID 26713]

[Hirru = 7] Hit

[Flower Nepent ( 1-1 )= 0] Divide by Zer@$!(#@@@@@%!(#

[Dire Wolf Pup (CD) = 3] Miss

Blade a-glow; I struck the flowered one once more and moved aside.  The Nepent wouldn't move, as if stunned.  I looked onwards towards the pup.  It was too busy dodging from the whip like attacks of the Nepents.  At least, it was able to dodge.  That would have been a problem if not.

"Don't worry little one!  We've got this!"

[Hirru 11/19]

[Fruit Nepent 0/10]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 0/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Little Nepent 9/9]

[Flower Nepent 3/9] 

[Dire Wolf Pup ??/??]

Edited by Hirru