[PP-F1] a little help. Astraeus

Glory walked along the edge of what was called the safe-zone right outside of the starting city gates, pacing back and forth. She then sat down in the grass in defeat and slumped down but was where no players would step over her or question why she was sitting there. Putting her hands on her lap Glory frowned and bowed her head not sure what to do next. She was afraid to go out in the fields to somewhere called "Horunka Village" and she really wanted to see what it was like over there. Maybe this would even help her journey to floor 2 in the future but for now she was stuck on the first floor. Noticeably in need of help not many came up to Glory surprisingly to see what was wrong except for one man who stood out from the crowd because of his looks. Glory lifted her head to meet his eyes and blushed naturally wondering what he wanted.

”Hrm, what is this? A wilting flower by the gate obstructed by the sun? I shall help you, little one…” His smile curved into a grin, she noticed his smile from the distance and perhaps his ostentatious attire as well, it was hard for people NOT to look at Astra. Continuing with a smile, the future Performing Artist found bound in each step until he was face to face with the young woman who sat down in the lonesome looking grass. He skipped, hopped and sprang down beside her. His knees bending and he sat on the toes of his boots as he finished his extravagant entrance. He cocked one head to the side, “Hello there Little Bird. I couldn’t help notice that you were looking at me, or in fact many people. You seem to be troubled with such a sad, and dreary expression…”

Astra made a mock of a sad face to her but smiled quickly once more. He spun on his toes, picked a flower and planted it in hair before returning his gaze to her eyes. And their like a hawk to its prey, he talked to her once more, never losing sight of those big brown eyes of hers.

“There, Little Buttercup, don’t you look ravishing with such a pretty little flower over your ear? Now why don’t you smile for me and tell me your story. Why such a little gloomy potato today?” Astra seemed to suck air through his nose as the wind bristled against his face, his long platinum hair dishelmed from his shoulder and blew to the right, revealing the gorgeous locks of his hair where he took a stumble and butt planted himself on the ground in front of her.

“Well then, I suppose this will do just fine. Thank you, Mr. Wind for taking my seat. Hmph!” he threw his arms over his chest and folded them, turned his head to the right and stuck up his nose into the air with his eyes closed. Before the girl was able to reply to his question and a very serious looking on Astra’s face, he cocked his head slowly opening one eye to see if she was about to burst into laughter or not from his little display…then he burst into laughter and started clapping his hands for no apparent reason.

Glory watched with a raised brow as the man in front of her danced which made her curious why he was doing that. But he definitely dazzled her and made her light brown eyes widen when he put a flower in her hair. With a red blush making her face burn Glory opened her mouth to talk but closed it again feeling nervous in front of such a social stranger. At least he seemed likable and friendly for a first impression which he was talented at giving. "T-Thank you i guess..." Glory pulled her knees to her chest and bowed her head almost pulling it into her knees but her eyes slightly looked at the stranger now sitting in front of her. "I-" She paused as he began laughing which made her even more nervous and she showed it too. "I'm j-just scared I guess. A-Are you alright?" Glory stuttered much more than before and her blush still lingered. This person was interesting for sure but a little scary too to someone so shy like Glory. "Y-Your hair is pretty..." She muttered embarrassingly.

"Alright?" Astra was tickled with curiosity by this young budding flower. She was so shy and he could barely make out what she was saying. Perhaps his performance was a little bit over the top for such a shy girl. He worked with children in the city and they were pretty accepting of his quirky behavior, but this girl was a bit more shy than what he was used to. Alas, it was nothing more than shyness and with open conversation perhaps he could ease her mind and put her at peace.

"I am quite well, thank you for asking. I just have a quirky sense of humor and being, but I am just fine. But what are you scared of exactly? Perhaps if we can find the root of the problem, we can fix this illusion of dread that you have...Oh! And thank you for the nice comment, this hair...it just does what it wants!" he said flipping it over his shoulder once more, the wind having a habit of rustling the tips of those platinum strewn in different directions. Patting his head to keep his feather in place, he looked back at the young girl who was bundled up with her arms over her knees hugging her chest.

"Oh! Where are my manners? I am so sorry! My name is Astraeus, you may call me Astra for short if that suits you. I was so caught up in the moment, I nearly forgot to give you my name. Perhaps that is good place to start, yes? Introductions. And you are...?"

Edited by Astraeus
Bad typo.

"I'm..." Glory thought and tugged on a piece of short brown hair in thought still feeling a little uncomfortable. "...scared of g-going out in the fields. I-I want to go to Horunka Village but t-there's nobody to go with me." Though she had been out in the fields before and even fought Glory was never alone then. The stranger did have a knack of making Glory smile and she did just a tiny bit at his hair compliment reaction though she wished her hair was long and beautiful like that. "A-Astra. I like that." She nodded and muttered before blushing more than before which always happened when she said something nice to others. "G-Glory. That's m-my name."

"Glory!" Astra blurted out as his arms swung open into the air, "That is a b.e.a.utiful name, my dear. Did you know there is a species of flower named Morning Glorys? Yes. Indeed. And they are just as beautiful as you are, little one. And Horunka Village, that sounds like an interesting place..."

His voice trailed off as he sat up and got up on his two feet. With a hand over his eyes, he peered through the bright sun and looked in different directions, "Well, my schedule is clear and I think I needed just the adventure to kick off my day! So how about we go there together? It shall be worlds of fun! I can tell you about myself, you can tell me a little about your self...and if you pull on my arm just a wee bit, I might even sing for you~. I am getting ahead of myself here though, first we must stand up. Come, come! Stand up! Let's us show Aincrad that we are ready for his challenges!"

Whipping around he started laughing and clapping his hands like...well, like a lunatic, let's be real here. Astra can sometimes be a weird nut. Thus, he stood in front of the huddled girl, his bright blue eyes flashing a serene look, his thin lips curving into a smile. A hand so delicate came fluttering down like a falling feather and the digits unraveled from his palm as he lowered it to her, "Take my hand, Glory. And I shall give you a day you will never forget..." 

"Thank you..." Glory thanked the man quietly as she played with a piece of hair. Astra's personality certainly was something Glory wasn't used to or prepared for but little by little she began liking how perky and confident he was, the way she always wished she could be really. Her blushing only intensified to the point where her whole face and neck burnt badly because Astra only complimented her more. Why did people in this game find her so good looking? Either they were lying or out of their mind which could be the case with this male. "W-What color are they? And yeah I-I thought so too." She agreed with Horunka Village sounding interesting and watched his entertaining display much like others around her were watching him curiously too. 

She nodded and smiled brightly finally looking up fully at Astra and even into his glowing eyes. "Alright. P-Promise?" Glory asked as she took his hand and managed to stand on both feet now while taking this opportunity to let go of the hand and smooth out her long tunic. "...Y-You'll really sing for m-me?" Glory wondered aloud and stood frozen in front of Astra still feeling quite shy around him and his odd ways. "...I'll lead the way I guess." She would say after his answer and begin walking out of the zone both were in pulling on Astra's sleeve so he would follow.

She came up with a light bounce from her foot, the Peforming Artist known as Astraeus,greeted her with a simple closed eye smile as her hand brushed away from his. With a flamboyant and exaggerated bow, he swept his hand underneath him and lowered half his body, "I shall Promise you more than just that! And yes! I shall sing to you! Who can go a day without a song in their heart, yes? I know I can't. It would be blasphemous against my nature, and why not share something special like that with a new friend?"

He looked over to her, that same smile never fading from his thin lips. His eyes glowed distantly in those blue spheres of his. There was a curiousness to his grin though as he started to walk towards her, as if he was stalking some prey animal. One foot over the over in a zig zag fashion as he glided over to her, the softness of his body cascaded over her as he walked closely to her personal bubble, his hands danced around her body but never touched her as if he was mystically enchanting her with his gestures. His lips curled as he got to her ear, "Sweet little Glory, ready for our adventure to begin...I shall follow you~"

His sleeve was given a slight tug after he stood there before her, their eyes met a flash of honey and sapphire. With the slight tug came the following foot steps of the Traveling Performer, and his lips curled and his eyes smiled, "And another caught in the embrace of my charismatic charm. How these fools just follow like moths to a flame..."

"...Eh..." Glory felt extremely uncomfortable with Astra whom decided it was his best interest to get close to her which only led to Glory to freezing up in place. Luckily she and him began there journey shortly after his... scene but she guessed this was just his kind of thing to do so she let Astra be himself. Now she most likely wouldn't bat an eyelash at the odd behavior like watchers would and were. "..U-Um... H-Have you fought before?" She asked shyly not wanting to bore the man she just met even if he seemed the type to talk enough for both of them but not knowing what exactly to bring up. "I-I think the path to H-Horunka has lots o-of wolves just saying."

(my apologies for a late reply x( i thought i could finish a few threads but that didn't work out so here you go.)

"Fighting? Wolves?" he asked behind her following every step she made, he scrunched his face and looked around, "Well!! I guess it would not be an adventure if we didn't have a little action here and there...." his voice trailed off, that damnable Boar still haunting him like nightmares. He shuddered lightly at the thought and swept it from his mind, "Well, I have indeed fought before here...in this world, against one boar. After that, you can say my experience in combat is next to nil. I don't have any weapon proficiency skills...But I do have Sneak and Hide! Though I am not sure how that might work with two people. No worries though, we are a pair of doves! Never leaving the other! Haha!" 

He laughed and clapped to himself in his whimsical ways and skipped to every other beat landing softly with each step, "How about you little Glory Flower? Are you gonna protect me from the Big Bad Wolf?" He said smiling, "If not, you will be tossed to them and savagely ripped apart to save my own hide," his thoughts grew darker, he would not allow a Boar to take his life, and certainly not allow a wolf the privy either. Just in case however, he produced his basic dagger from it's sheath around his waist, "Can never be too careful~"

• 3 weeks later...

"A-Are you alright?" Astra seemed to trail off which honestly wouldn't have been odd for anyone else except this was Astraeus who seemed to never lose confidence or stop talking or... well something just didn't seem right to Glory if that made any sense at all. "I-I can try! And... and I won't leave you too. W-We could make a great team." She tapped her fingers together awkwardly and weakly grinned at her nickname and definitely the comment about the doves. Glory wasn't the strongest but she certainly did try when the time called for doing so. "Right." She nodded sternly and equipped her large beginner claymore. "Almost forgot the most important thing. I-It's even in the name... Sword A-Art Online... heh."

(didn't feel like spawning anything just yet, but i just might the next time heheh)