[PP-F1] Back to Square One (Hasai)

The Town of Beginnings was starting to thin out. Granted it was still bustling with people, it wasn't quite at the level it was when I arrived. Obviously as people move out and up to clear the game this town will become more and more empty. I believe many players share my sentiment when I say that when I leave this place I never want to come back. It holds a bitter memory that doesn't need to be reminded. But here I was, still wondering around the town, inspecting various people as they walked by. As a loner this is something I do often, and something I'm quite good at. 

A scoff came off of a fellow player's lips, as a girl wearing a white short battle dress, with ren and black trimings stood in the center of the Town of Beginnings. This floor, is with low leveled brats, why am I even here.. again? Her gaze scaned the town, before it rested upon a male, he had brown hair, like hers. She just rolled her eyes, Low leveled newb. Then she made sure her outfit was in place, before she figured, I might as well say something... But then again... 

She decided to stay where she was, and stand still, if the little brat wanted to come up to her, so be it.

Eventually I caught a glimpse of a girl who kept my attention. I could tell by looking at her that she was of a higher level. But that wasn't all. I could tell by the way she was looking at all the players around her that she was, for lack of a better word, looking down on them. Maybe I could understand why. If I was a high level player would I want to associate with those lower than me. I couldn't answer this until it actually happened, but I felt I would still treat them the same. Eventually her detaining eyes met might and I quickly darted them away. Great, now she's evaluating me. I could tell this would become troublesome. I don't like talking to people but sometimes I do like getting a ruse out of them. On a whim I slowly walked towards her, a goofy smile plastered on my face and my are slowly waving. Let's see if I'm right about her. 

As the kid approached her, she saw his goofy grin, which just made her attitute worsen, What do you want? She let out a small scoff, I knew what I would find here, so how come I came back to floor 1? She gave a huge sigh, before she turned to face the kid, Why did my attitude change? I used to love these lowbies. That was when it dawned on her, That one day.... She remembered when the highleveled arrogant guy had invaded upon her party. That was when she changed... That was when she swore she would beat him in a duel. That was why she worked so hard to become a higher level, and that was why she was still trying to do so. Deep down, she wanted to fight alongside him as a friend, and she couldn't wait for that day to happen.

She saw me, and I could already tell my tactic was working. I could see her get visibly annoyed as I approached. Unrelenting, I kept up my act until I reached her. There must be some reason she's like this. I want to find out why. I had decided that it wasn't right to look down on lower level players. How could I ever be depended on if I treated people as underlings. I'd try to get the truth out of her, but for now I'd play with her a little. With the same grin I began to speak "Hello miss, I noticed you and thought I should come to help. You look kind of confused. Do you still not understand this game?" I said this in such a sweet way it almost sounded sincere. But we both knew I was egging her on I was sure of it.

As soon as the kid approached her, she instantly heard what he said, her voice was angelic, soft almost. However, the way she spoke, would make you scared of her, No, I do not need help. In fact, I don't even want to talk to you. Say I need help again, and I won't mind turning orange. Her body turned around, and she faced away from the low leveled brat, Who is he, and why does he think I need help. Her face was slightly enraged, as she rested her hand on her rapier, to make her seem more threatening, she started to head out of the town, knowing full well that you cannot fight in a safe zone, unless you hold a duel.

Her response was even better than I expected. She became enraged almost instantly. The girl was clearly ticked off by not only my presence in general, but by my snarling attitude. The response she gave me was...aggressive to say the least. But I didn't budge. If I backed down that easily she really would think I was a wimp, and it would give all lower level players a bad name. So, my dorky smile unwavering I retorted "I'm sorry miss did you just threaten to kill me? You might have trouble finding parties with that attitude" I also tilted my head to the side a little bit to add to the effect. She had her hand on her rapier, she was bluffing I assumed but she at least tried to look like she meant business. "You don't have to be rude, I was trying to be nice after all." Although I didn't want to make want to actually kill me. If it got too far I'd stop and diffuse the situation. 

Edited by Koumori

Her gaze turned back to glare at the boy, before she started to walk away, I find parties with people that are actually useful. Whatever you say. She waved him off, And yes, I was threatening to kill you, and that threat is still here. Her glare found its way to his face, before she walked closer to the exit of the town, Now if you could leave me alone... Her body posture was standing as if she was annoyed, before she continued to walk, her hand was easily on her rapier hilt, showing she would draw it at anytime.

This girl was pretty tough, but I had already invested my time in this. She kept her threats as alive as ever, hand still on the hilt, and began dissmissivley walking away. I'd have to change my tactics a little bit if I wanted to legitimately speak with her.  And so, my facade melted. I dropped my fake smile and returned to the straight faced look that normally adorned my face. She seemed to only know how to be direct, so I would have to return in kind. "Hey. I want to talk to you. And no need for that" I said gazing at the blade. By the change in both my voice and posture she could probably tell that all that came before was an act, and that I had a motive. 

As soon as she heard him change his voice, and talk normally, she turned around and glared at him, You were trying to mess with me. Why do you want to talk to me... What about? Her gaze was still stern, as he had messed with her, her hand rested upon her rapier, still staring at the kid. I could easily kill him... If we were in the wilderness... But, I will give him a chance to explain himself. Now, explain yourself... Right now. She demanded for him to tell her, before flicking one of her ponytails, with her free hand behind her shoulder. 

Well I got the girl to stop and listen, but she was no less angry. Her confrontational attitude only intensified when she realized I was playing wit her. In any case, I did have something to talk about with her. The reason I stopped her in the first place was because she was judging low level players. But now I had to convince her not to kill me in my sleep, well you can't really do that but the idea is still valid. She turned to look at me, her hand now gripping the hilt of her blade. I myself was standing arms crossed. We were both glaring at each other. "That's how you see us isn't it? Why do you look down on low level players?" That was direct and to the point enough. One more thing: "And that made you literally want to kill me? Really?"

As soon as the kid asked her questions, she bluntly replied, See you as low leveled brats? Yes. You rely on the higher levels to do everything for you! I look down on them, because... Her voice trailed, as she thought of who had made her this way. She shook her head and resumed, Because you have no use. You stay on the lower floors and just want us to do all the work. Her gaze was a glare, as he asked her the next question, Not the reason I hate you. I just hate when people stand in my way. Especially if they are like you. No need to talk to me anymore now that you got your answers. She dismissed him, before returning her hand to her side, and starting to walk out of the city. Why did I even come on this floor?

It looked like I had no other choice: I was going to have to fight with her. She had a narrow minded approach and any sort of challenge was aggravating her and clouding her judgement. The passive aggressive tone she used before was replaced by one of absolute contempt and disdain. This girl clearly had a major issue with her temper, one I imagined caused her many problems. To be fair, I have anger issues myself sometimes but this girl was in another league. She was turning to leave quickly so I'd have to think fast. I wanted to explain the truth of the matter to her. And, of course, diffuse this already pretty awful situation. Should I be nice and apologize or should I continue to stand my ground? Well for starters the only way I'd get anywhere was with a civilized conversation. To do that, I'd have to apologize...well partially. I wouldn't go out and say "I'm sorry" but I'd do something. "Wait, I think I deserve the chance to explain myself. For my sake and the sake of everyone here. We got off on the wrong foot, I'm Komori." If this didn't work I didn't know what would, short of jamming my foot down her throat. I extended my hand to be shaken. 

(Sorry I took so long I was very busy today)

Edited by Koumori

As the boy apologized her body completely turned around, her eyes seemed to narrow, You need to be careful. Stand your ground, don't apologize. It just makes you weaker than you are. Her eyes watched the hand he was holding out, Touch me and you die. She was acting a bit strange, Today just isn't my day. I need to get away... Before I do something I will regret. Her eyes instantly changed to a pleading look, as she seemed to silently beg him to let her leave.

*Its kay xD*

There was no way. It was impossible. I couldn't win with this girl. I couldn't think of a single approach that would get her to listen to me. I should have known she'd only respond to aggression. That seems to be the only thing she understands. To this girl common curtesy, politeness, even  pleasantness were thrown out of the window. It was almost like you had to be a complete tool to get her to listen to you. I didn't have any other choice. I couldn't simmer her down, and I couldn't stop her from leaving. I'd have to get more aggressive than I'd ever gotten in SAO. Believe it or not, I thought talking to her about this might even help her. I wasn't doing this to annoy her. I wanted her to see the mistake she has made and how it can hurt others. I'd stand my ground. I squeezed my fists and took a few steps closer to her, and then I yelled at her. "Do you think we choose to be down here? Do you honestly think it's okay to ride on your high horse and judge the people here? Do you think they don't work too? Fine you got to where you are faster than us, but that doesn't mean we don't want to be there too. We work just as hard to level up! Almost everyone in this horrible game wants to fight to clear it. But some people are still in shock! Everyone has their own pace and some need time. You can't be so deluted to presume that are just contently sitting here waiting for you to rescue us like dogs. If that's how you see it then I have nothing left to say to you." And with that it was my turn to walk away. I turned quickly and stormed in the other direction. Even if she decided I wasn't worth her time, I probably gave her something to think about.

(okay cool :D haha this is getting really intense) 

Edited by Koumori

As the boy started to yell in her face, she didn't even blink, an unamused expression entered her face, as she watched him turn around and leave, That boy may have potential. Fine. I will do it. Her gaze hardened, Come here kid. I got a little something to say. Her eyes held mystery as her tone instantly changed, to one of equality, I don't usually act like this, you are one of the only people to see me at my worst. So you come over here, if you want that is. Her stance was still threatening, however you could tell by her tone, any threat that she had made was now gone, completely.

*x3 I was going to do something else but decided against it*

Sure enough she responded. But something wasn't right. She sounded...different somehow. The girl didn't seem as angry as before, but her tone still wasn't inviting. The foreboding words she spoke didn't help the matter that much. Still, something within her had definitely changed. Maybe it would be worth listening to her one last time. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. I stood there waiting for her to speak again. She made a point about standing your ground earlier, so I thought it would be better to uphold my position. However, I took one or two steps closer, to show I was willing to listen. The look I gave her was also lighter than it was previously. I didn't think she wanted to uphold her threats any longer  

(What was it lol?)