[F1-PP] Frolicking in the Fields

Shaya exited the Town of Beginnings, in search of something to pass the time. She walked along the path leading to the next town and something caught her eye. Is that? No it cant be! She ran after it to confirm specifically what she saw. And to her surprise it was exactly as she thought. Butterfly! She jumped for joy and attempted to catch it in her hands, it flew about making her trip and slide in every direction it turned. She didn't care if she looked silly, her mind wasn't focused on anything at the moment, except for the butterfly she so childishly chased.

Glory was walking on her own for once taking Jevi's advice to be brave even if the advice was for bullying it still applied to being out in the fields too. She had enough HP and a large weapon but knew that unless she approached a beast in the fields that they wouldn't engage in battle with her. And as tempting as going up to them and petting the cute animals was Glory held back and remained on the path with a large claymore strapped to her back. On her way down the dirt road Glory noticed an older person jumping and hopping around which made her giggle at how silly she looked. Moving close enough to be noticeable by the woman she overheard something about a butterfly and smiled knowing she liked butterflies as well.

After slipping and landing on her back, the butterfly landed on Shaya's nose. She crossed her eyes to look at it, and she raised her hand up and poked it making it fly away again. She smiled as she got up brushing off her bright yellow dress and  fixing her hair into a ponytail. I win. She laughed lightly to herself and noticed a girl staring at her. She waved to the mystery girl and ran towards her, Hello darling, my name is Shaya. She gave her a warming smile. The girl looked small and frail, so she didn't want to scare her in any way.

"H-Hi... A-Are you alright?" Glory answered quietly while keeping her head down but she lifted her light brown eyes to take a look at the woman in front of her who didn't seem hurt at all from her fall but she couldn't help but wonder if she was actually okay. "Y-You're super pretty Shaya..." She muttered and blushed after complimenting the stranger. "I-I'm Glory." Her stuttering was really bad but only because this was a stranger she had yet to become friends with but the woman seemed really kind for now and honestly Glory already liked her.

Shaya smiled and answered the girls question, Yeah I'm fine sweetheart. Wow this girl is super shy, now is the best time to make a good impression.She then complimented Shaya despite not knowing her, Shaya put her hand on the girls head rubbing it lightly, Awh thank you, I must say that you are the cutest girl I've seen since we started this game... Glory? That is a beautiful name, to match the looks of you for sure. She tilted her head at Glory, So what are you doing out here all alone Glory, it's dangerous you know.

Glory had come to like the gesture and feeling of a hand on her head ever since Jevi started doing that to her which was always a good sign. "C-Cutest?" Her whole face turned red and Glory buried her face in her hands while shaking her head. "I-I'm not cute at all... D-Don't lie..." She moved her hands down but cupped them together and rocked back and forth on her feet awkwardly not wanting to make eye contact. "It's m-my favorite English word." Glory explained her love for the word she chose as her own name. "I-I know it is but my guardian angel can't always protect me so I need to be stronger. She'll be so proud I just know it!~" Her light brown eyes glowed and she excitedly jumped wondering what Jevi's reaction would be when she told her about her braveness. "A-Aren't you scared playing out here all alone Shaya?"

Shaya squealed lightly when Glory denied her adorableness, She doesn't even realize how adorable she is! A true little treasure. I wouldn't dare lie, you are the most adorable thing I swear! Ah Jevi would absolutely love you. She smiled thinking of how her girlfriend would react to this shy girl. I suppose that is true, still you should have someone with you at all times, just to be safe. And I would be very happy to be that person right now. Shaya rubbed the back of her neck at Glory's question seeing how she just said she should have someone with her. I'm not afraid, the stronger players are up ahead, and I'm not too low of a level so I can handle almost anything on this floor. Maybe a boss would give me some trouble, but I don't have to worry about that too much.

"Jevi?" Glory clapped and her heart beat faster. "T-That's who my guardian angel is! How do you know her?" All her stuttering went away and now Glory was fascinated with knowing about Shaya much more than she did before. "S-She's amazing right?" Glory blushed and tapped her fingers together awkwardly. "S-Sorry for that I-I just got excited is all." She moved closer to Shaya and reach for the woman's right hand and held it for a few moments. "I-I'll be your friend if you want... w-we can watch out or each other. No boss or person will hurt us." When she let go Glory bowed her head again in embarrassment.

Shaya looked at Glory in surprise, Oh? She knows Jevi already? Well I'm not surprised with Jevi being her guardian angel, she really is amazing.. Shaya blushed lightly at the thought of her girlfriend, thinking of her was enough to make Shaya happy. Yeah she is very amazing! But as you want to know.. Jevi is my girlfriend. Shaya looked away blushing harder, She then felt warmth on her hand. Looking back it turned out to be Glorys hand, Darling I would love to be your friend, and I wont allow anyone or anything to hurt you. That's a promise.

Glory already thought what Shaya was about to say since the blush on her face but waited for the woman to speak first to be polite and make sure her thoughts were correct. "Aww~ You know I could tell Jevi was in love when she talked about someone special. I'm glad to know it's someone as sweet as you Shaya. I-I'm glad we met so soon." Glory cooed and remember how Jevi acted when speaking about that special person who changed her outlook and rude attitude. "Promise?" She held out her pinkie finger and waited for Shaya to lock fingers with her. 

• 3 weeks later...

Shaya smiled at the girl holding her hand, She's so adorable! So Jevi was talking about me huh? Well, I'm sure they were all good things. I think she's the sweeter one though. She laughed thinking she was clever, I'm very happy we met as well Glory, you are a sweet girl. I'm near certain you are sweeter than me in every way. Glory then held her pinkie finger out to Shaya adding to the promise she made. She held her hand out and locked her pinkie finger with Glory's, I promise. She spoke with a dedicated yet motherly voice.

• 2 weeks later...

"Well... not about you but she did mention loving someone... I think Jevi was in a trance just thinking about you. You're definitely the person." Glory giggled and shrugged not really knowing the answer to that. "You're both equally sweet to me. I really like you two." She curled her pinkie gently before nodding sternly and letting go of Shaya. "Now it's official that I have two guardian angels looking after me. That makes me feel safe. I'll watch over you too Shaya and even Jevi, we can make a good team!"