[SP - F1] <<Earning a Living Quest>> The Traveling Performer [Complete]

It was time to put some things into action. Astra talked the talk, but now he needed to walk the walk. Going through a list of the quests, he found the Profession one, the description detailing what the quest was about and how to earn somewhat of a living in Aincrad. He could very well just bum off of others due to his radiant personality and charismatic charm, but if he were to be a true performer, he had to get the right title. Clearing his throat and inhaling deeply, he set one foot out in front of the other and made way for Quest NPC. His blue eyes sat upon every soul he came up to, waved and smiled to the common folk before him. The day had just begun for Astraeus and he was going to make the most out of it with this quest.

He crossed a small bridge in town and found the Performer’s Guild, a small shop where he was introduced by the Quest NPC named Scoffna. Quizzical brows rolled on his forehead, what sort of name was that? He paid it little detail furthermore and went through the boring speech of the game’s puppet.

Edited by Astraeus

“Greetings player! My name is Scoffna! I run the Perfomer’s Guild here! How can I help you today?”

“I wish to become a performer,” he said in a dryer than normal voice. It took a moment for the NPC to react but it did so without further input, “That is awesome news! The life of a Performer is one of art and fine taste! While we are not front line battlers, our powers lye in song, dance and music which help support our allies in battle. Our songs are not to be taken lightly, a wide range of battles in the past have been won due to victorious marches of performers who continue to inspire us even today. To begin with your quest into being a Professional Performer, you must complete a few tasks at hand. In your map, there are five areas you must visit. Each on is a pub with a select instrument. There will be a rating bar that will show up on your HUD, when the bar maxes out, you pass the test! In order to fill the rating bar, you must win over the crowd! That is your task, come back when you have completed the first step!”

Astra exhaled, seemed like an easy task for his first line of quests in this Performing Arts bizz. Bringing up his map, he located the first building, it wasn’t too far off from his original position and a light walk got him there in less than a few minutes. He hadn’t noticed this place before; he wondered if it spawned because of the quest he was on. It was a quaint little café with blues music playing in the background. He liked the atmosphere of the place, it was dark, people were dressed up in fine clothing and he was in this odd looking get up unsuitable for the café. Blue eyes rolled and he stepped up to the stage. There seemed to be a quest guide indicator for where he needed to go. On the stage was a piano, a small little black one. He sat down on the stool and looked over his shoulder. The crowd seemed to be watching him with the upmost intent.

As he looked down, he read the instructions through the HUD. From what he gathered it was more or less a rhythm matching game on par with some of those others he played on his cell phone. Tapping his finger on his chin, he selected a song that was unfamiliar to him. Once that was accomplished there was a small countdown timer showing next to his instrument. Soon the little colors and what to play would be popping up.

His eyes fell to the black and white keys, the lightness of his touch brought upon a sense of warmth in his body. He smiled as the music started to play. The keys of the piano were drawn to his fingers, not the other way around, as if the instrument itself begged for him to play it. As the music began to pour out into the dark café, there seemed to be a pleasing look on the NPCs in the building. He noticed that the rate bar was steadily achieving it maximum length. He continued to play, his entire body getting into the motion of the solo piece as he was swaying back and forth. His bright blue eyes intensified with each note played, his fingers dancing over the keys sending out his emotion in waves of vibrant energy. Soon they were all enchanted by his playing, not a single note mixed.

Despite the heaviness and dreary wrapped in the music, they all seemed to enjoy it…well, perhaps they were made to enjoy it. His nature as a player was light and cheery, yet the music he normally played seemed sad and dark, distant and polar opposite of his outward feelings. Perhaps in the music he played, lays the truth of the real Astra. As the last note played out, he stood up. The bar was maxed out and there seemed to be a warm ovation as he bowed to them. It was a bunch of NPCs, but the task was considered done.

Take a step outside the comfy café, Astra found himself in the world of blinding light. He blinked a few times to adjust his eyes to the world around him and navigated to his map in the menu. He looked down and there were two locations close to him for the next steps in his Profession Quest.  He decided to take the left handed route first, that seemed like an adventure in itself with a winding and curvy path with many turns. With a pip in his step after his recent accomplishment, for more sub quests were all that needed to finish this quest.

Walking with Oomp! Astra sauntered towards his next destination. His bright blue orbs radiated with thought of finally becoming a Performer, it was so much more than being in a stuffy office and doing hours upon hours of mundane research. Sighing to himself he arrived at a Theater! He marveled at sigh above him when he looked up, perhaps he would get a chance to act something out, or perhaps sing? Delighted by this, he quickly went inside. No time like the present!

There was a massive stage before him as he entered and rows upon rows of chairs that seemed to be full of people, his eyes went wide with joy…Would he be singing in front of all these people? And they were all REAL! His heart overjoyed by this ran towards the NPC marker on his map, he briskly made his way and started the conversation trigger.

“Salutations, fellow Perfomer! Would you delight this crowd with a song of your choice? This portion of the quest is a bit harder as it uses more skill than some of the earlier sub quests. However, I am sure you will do just fine. When you are ready, please step onto the stage, you may change the settings as you arrive to your liking, but be careful…wrong settings could cause bleeding ears! Now off with ya!”

Rubbing his hands together, he wasted no time getting to the stage. There was a panel for setting opposed to his normal ones in the menu. There were many knobs and switches for equalization, voice amplification, vocal thickening, and the list went on. He sighed, he added a touch of a little bit and would hope his natural voice and presence would be enough to woo them over. Apparently for this quest, the more they clapped the higher his Rate Bar will go up. So he had to get this right the first time.

Astra touched the microphone in front of his briefly, angling to his lips perfectly. His eyes darted around and the beat started and he started to tap his foot; it was a heavy song played with a more classical touch that the Performer seemed to enjoy. His eyes fluttered in the inspiring blue it gave it's audience, he opened his mouth and began...

"Ooooooo~

I saw it in my dreams
The skies and earth were raging

(Touching the mic stand and leaning forward)

And I was caught between
When you came~~~

I followed through the night
A captive with no other choice
Soon I'll close my eyes
Forever!

(Picking up the mic from the stand and walks to the left side of the stage kneeling down and waving to the audience)

I cried out but you weren't there
Stranded hopeless in the depths of my despair

I'm not afraid to die
The siren's song is calling
But I'm not bound and I
Will follow

(Getting up and walking to the other side of the stage, standing and singing in place)

I've seen the distant shores
And though I know not where you lead
Carry me away
Forever

But in your shadow I found light
I will make it through this time

(Reaching out to the audience with an open palm and then slowly bringing it towards his chest)

The emptiness takes everything
And starts to fade my memories
But if I listen, I still hear
The whisper that's calling all these years
I'm Not afraid to lose my life
I'm Not afraid to sacrifice
I don't care how long it takes
I will die before hope fades!"

As he was singing the song, his hands were making gestures to flow with the lyrics. He picked up the mic from the stand and walked around the stage to mingle with the audience as he sung. His voice, his presence was so powerful in the words he spoke, some people were just completely dumb founded by the range his voice projected. As he stopped singing there was a solo bit in the song, where he found opportunity to get back on the stage and finish this little show up. His eyes flashed as his feet tapped against the floor. His body moved as he danced lightly through the music, small little twists and twirls, his hands up in the air and just feeling out the moment and becoming a true life Performer.

"The emptiness takes everything
And starts to fade my memories
But if I listen, I still hear
The whisper that's calling all these years

(Starts swaying back and forth with the mic stand, his platinum hair dancing to and fro)

I'm Not afraid to lose my life
I'm Not afraid to sacrifice
I don't care how long it takes
I will die before hope fades~~

But in your shadow I found light
I will make it through this time!"

His hand went up into the air, making a fist and pulling it down gently as the song faded out along with the lights and display. There was silence and Astra was breathing heavily, he wondered why there was no cheering or jeering at least? Then it came like a storm, the amplitude of the applause nearly blew him off his feet as he stumbled back a bit. The cheers he got were appealing, also noted by the fractured screams he heard from the young women. His smile uplifted to his face as he  bowed.

Two tasks completed he thought mentally. He looked once more at his map, his eyes traveling back towards the other direction where the other pub was located. Once more he took flight to the opposite side of the city. He was called out by a few friends as he stopped for a chat, explaining to them he was doing his Profession Quest. The chit chat did not last very long, they were just resting up before going back out to level up some more. He was envious of those players, being out and about in the fields, but all the same...he would not risk his life, the mere thought of that boar again crossing his mind. He shuttered and continued his little march down the beaten path. The soft glow of his eyes came up to a quaint little corner building, there seemed like a fine selection of violins on display, perhaps he would be able to play one of them to an audience. He adored the violin, it was such an enchanting piece of musical equipment. He would hope that he could chose one as his preferred instrument when the Quest was complete. Smiling from the nature of the thought, he stepped inside.

"Ahh! Hello and welcome! You must be here for the Performer's Quest. I shall give you your next challenge! You will be given a violin to use during your next performance. You may chose whatever song that tickles your fancy...However, you will have a challenger as well fighting for the Grand Applause at the end. Out perform the Challenger and the task will be complete!"

Astra was biting down on one of his manicured nails as he nodded and was given a very basic looking violin, it didn't even seem to be fully finished. As he was checking out the placement of the strings and the bow, another NPC as wild looking as he strolled up to him. He looked Astra in the eyes and smiled, but it was so fake...he would know, because Astra always wore a fake smile. He knew what BS smelt like... scoffing, they both each were asked to move to their designated pedestals. Standing on his little platform Astraeus looked at his opponent and smiled reassuringly as he was going to be the victor and outplay the peacock looking NPC.

Astra waited, the back of his hand resting on his hip with the bow in his hand. His eyes looked back at his foe, there was a smug look on his face as he seemed to be tuning his instrument. Astra looked down at the basic violin in his other hand, lifted it and set it to his shoulder. It was a comfortable fit and there now was a countdown on the HUD. It was time to get serious. As the countdown was winding down, Astra took in a deep breath and held it for a moment before slowly exhaling. His blue eyes were like twinkling stars as he placed the bow down on the strings.

The NPC stole the opening act, Astra gritting his teeth thought he was able to get the first note in but had to wait for his turn. Another countdown, three, two, one...He quickly started to play with an articulate fashion. His form was fluid but strong, his eyes closed as he moved his body with the sound of the instrument. The crowd seemed to move closer to him as he played euphorically to the audience, a cocky smile now appearing as he lowered his body like a wave and up he came swaying his hips back and forth. The music filled the room as if to uplift the spirit and to drown out any care of the world. It sent a positive attitude into the room and it was something Astra had not thought would happen. Taking a side glance, it seemed the NPC was keeping a watchful eye, soon his time would be up.

The NPC finally got his turn, a shorter sequence after the crowd seemed to be in Astraeus' favor. He watched once tapping his foot to the harmony and when it was his turn, he stole the spotlight and came out with shattering resonance of his instrument. He made it scream to life in an intoxicating and warm way, as if the violin itself was alive! The people flourished towards him once more captured by the incredible presence he was giving out like something of a musical aura. His smiled beamed and his bright blues turned as he finished with a sweep of the bow. There was dead silence followed by a rowdy round of applause for the musicians. His Rate Bar was maxed out and it seemed he had won the violinist challenge.

He bowed once more before the beautiful audience, violin in one hand and the bow in the other. He bowed once more in the other direction and then hopped down from his little stage. The instrument disappeared from his hand as he saw the task was now completed. He sighed after finishing the quest speech with the NPC and hurried on his way out of the door. He enjoyed playing the violin, it was such an amazing creation and instrument, unfortunatly he was unable to fully utilize it to the best of his ability. Perhaps one day he could.

Stepping outside once more he looked back into his menu and brought up the map. His eyes scanned for quest markers and found one to be closer towards the city entrance. A quizzical look, he thought that would be the next place to go, or well...the only place he could go. There was nothing else showing up on his map that depicted the continuation of his Profession Quests. Once more with a pip in his step, three tasks down, two to go, he was ready for anything...! ANY. THING!

Or so he thought...

His eye twitched, his lips curved into a squiggle, the sweatdrop animation appeared...he was looking at a field of boars. BOARS! He took a step back, surely...they didn't think he was gonna sing Boars to sleep...did they? He looked around for the quest marker and sighed finding a station that spawned in the safe zone. He walked slowly, begrudging over the fact he might have to enter combat. He was performer, not...a barbaric oaf. He arrived at his destination and listened to the task giver.

"Welcome! It seems you have two tasks to do here. As a Performer it is recommended that you understand what your abilities can do in battle for yourself and your allies. In just a few moments, NPCs will be spawning in the area fighting wild boar! Don't worry, they will keep the aggro on themselves, all you have to do is use the right ability in the right situation. You will be given a choice of instrument to use for this scenario, and you are to do what you can to keep your troops alive, healthy and fighting! Good luck!"

The NPC was overly cheery for Astraeus, but alas...at least he would not have to do any REAL fighting. Such a barbaric action was not dignified for such a high class citizen as himself. Understand the rules of the quest, he picked the flute as his instrument of choice, basic in its nature with a brass lacquer finish. Stepping out of the safe zone, he stepped into the grassy field and awaited for the spawns to show up. One by one, three of them gathered in a small little area where he recognized the NPCs by their icons over their heads. Nodding his head, "Let's get this done...shall we?" he spoke to himself.

To the far left side of the grassy knoll was a spear-man, thrusting about at a wild boar as his HP seemed to be filled up, but he was missing like crazy. Every lance, every thrust, seemed to miss its target. He look exhausted and was clearly not doing well, he finally got hit and HP bar slackened a bit. "Ouch!" Astra thought as he watched the NPC take a tumble. Getting up, spear in hand he once more began his assault. It seemed like his accuracy was a bit lacking. He thought of a tune to play with his flute, and nodded. He knew just the one...

Placing the mouthpiece to his lips, bending his arms and tapping his feet, he counted in his head a simple beat. The music started to harmonize as the wind blew by him, his long platinum colored hair seemed to whip to the right as it blew from the left. His blue eyes open as he maintained a vigilante eye on the NPC's health. He would help bring up the accuracy of the spear-man by a point so he could successfully strike the boar. The tune was light and airy, his fingers held position of the holes of the flute while he continued to tap his foot in the thick green grass. The NPC turned his head and seemed to enjoy the instrumentation of the flute and the melody of the instrument. He was able to listen long enough for the stat to increase, his next attack landed a critical blow to the boar and down it went. Jumping up in the air with his fist up, he thanked Astra for the help and patted him on the shoulder. The Performer nodded his head and dusted his shoulder off from the grody touch, even though it was just an NPC. He looked to his right...two more to go.

The next segment looked like a sword and board type of player. He held a short sword in one hand and a shield in the other, his quick attacks were getting through but the Boar didn't seem to be taking any damage as his HP Bar was increasing every third turn. Astra scratched his head with a manicured nail, so what was the problem here? His attacks were connecting, but his damage was abysmal...so was that sword he was equipped with. His shield acted as a defense mechanic alone...so he needed to come up with a tune that would raise the damage modifier of his attacks. This could be done, now just the right tune.

"Alright, you keep that boar at bay my friend, I shall give you a boost to your damage so you can slice and dice yourself to victory. Let us begin! Three! Two! One! Let's go!"

High pitched resonance echoed in the grasslands, the nature of the music was upbeat and cheery, something Astra needed to practice on. But for a damage modifying tune, he thought something that would be robust and engaging would raise the morale of the troop and increase his stat. The tune did uplift the mighty sword warrior, his gallant single handed strikes came down swiftly like a raging storm as he diced and minced his foe. The boar sluggishly moving down and its HP Bar becoming depleted was running out of options and there was no escape. A sizzling strike to the boars left side ended the battle and Astra had finished his tune and exceeded in his second task. Another thankful NPC with a handshake sealed the deal...Astra who was still miffed from his shoulder being touched by the last Trog, dusted his hands free of the pseudo grime and looked to the last station of his fourth task. Tapping the flute against his right hip, he marched with victory in his shining blue eyes.

As soon as his left foot landed in the trigger zone, the NPC's health had almost been drained. The flute fumbled in his hands when he noticed that and started to grieve on the mistake, and he would cry if he had to restart this abysmal task all over again. The boy needed to be healed, he was using a dagger and had very little armor on...if any at all. His body was bruised and dirtied, his jet black hair was a mess and he seemed to be exhausted moving in and out of range of combat. He took another hit, HP in the red now. 

Gritting his teeth, this lesson was taught to be under pressure and how to quickly react so your so called allies were not killed in battle. His eyes rolled in a whatever manner and he placed the flute to his lips once more. His eyes on the NPC as his tune started, delicate fingers placed over the melodic hole of the flute started to escape into the air as the music started to play and swirl with the wind. Once more his shiny silver hair escaped his body as it bristled into the wind. The wild boar was coming on strong against the dagger wielding fighter. Soon the HP bar was slowly being revitalized and the heal was going through. A parry here, a thrust there, the boar going down for the count. Just a little more and Plonk, the boar fell on its side and shattered into digital matter.

Twirling the flute in his hand as he did a victory stance, Astra was greeted by the NPC and took a step back from being touched. A friendly wave was given instead and that ended the last task of the fourth quest. Turning on the ball of his foot, the Traveling Performer took a few steps back into the safe zone where he greeted the quest NPC.

"Looks like you had great success in using your instrument to help your allies. The Performer may seem like a fragile character in the back row, but their tunes, dance and song make up for what they lack in strength. I congratulate you on you fourth task! One more to go and you will have achieved Performer Profession! Now, you may chose an instrument that is closets to you. You have played a variety during your quest, chose one and create your very own unique instrument you may take with you on the rest of your journey. Depending on the instrument you chose, you will need to hunt for the materials to create it. You have a list in the quest description. Good luck, Performer!"

Finally...he was a step closer to becoming a True Performer. His eyes scanned the menu quickly, what did he enjoy most of all? The violin was a person favorite of his...but there was an instrument he did not get to use in this quest and it struck him as a fancy little piece of equipment as well. Scrolling through the list he found it!

"Yes! That is perfect! The mandolin!"

Scrolling through the contents, he needed a few objects in order to make his musical instrument; the Mandolin. Just the thought of owning one made music in his heart. The soon to be musical performer, Astra, walked back into the safety of Starting City and looked at the materials he needed for the make of his instrument. First off he required wood, this was actually found in the city itself which was a nice change of pace from going out in the fields, hunkering over a piece of lumber. His eyes scanned the area for the wood shop, and he walked in circles or what appeared to feel like an hour. When he finally arrived he could see all kinds of wooden tinker toys sprawled out in display. He opened the shop door and was greeted by the NPC.

"I'm looking for wood for the creation of an instrument."

"And the instrument in question?"

"Mandolin."

The shop keeper nodded. And had Astra follow him to the corner side of the store for quest items. He displayed on his counter several different kinds of woods each of them having their own description and an example sound it would be made with. However, this sound or note could be altered with the use of the other materials. In the end, it was all just for vanity and looks...or so Astra had thought. He picked a darker looking wood from the display and was handed to him. There was no cost for the wood, which meant Astra was able to keep what little Col he had on him. Thanking the NPC, he placed the piece of lumber in his inventory and sallied forth to his next destination; the strings...

More walking...why isn't there cars? Or at least horse drawn buggies in town for this sort of thing? Aincrad was lavishly large and everywhere you wanted to go took a ridiculous amount of time. Sighing and giving up, he shrugged his shoulders and his dainty figure strolled through the massive streets. It was dinner time for most folks in Aincrad it seemed and the rush of people coming and going made the streets thick with people. Dodging and almost being bowled over by many players, he weaved through them without much difficulty and ended up on the other side of the market district...finally.

With almost weeping like eyes, Astra pushed the double doors open to the shop. This resource collecting was becoming a massive drag, but it had to get done. His light blue eyes peered over to the NPC, "Can I help you with something?"

"I'm on the last leg of my Profession Quest and I need strings to make my Mandolin," Astra replied, trying to give as much detail as he could for the NPC. The stranger eyed him and scratched his chin, "Strings you say? Strings...strings...yes. Come this way, I have a fine selection you might be interested in."

He followed the shop keeper to a remote portion of the store, they all seemed to do this...it was somewhat creepy. Shaking of the thoughts, Astra looked at the display of strings that were set out before him. A description for each was available as well as a sample not on each stringed instrument in the game. He looked them over, the base of the mandolin was going to be a deep ebony sort of color, so maybe something in contrast to that would liven it up a bit for the colorful sound of the instrument. He noticed a fragile set of red, orange and yellow strings. The description said: Phoenix Feather, but there was no sound sample accompanied with it. Odd, he selected the Phoenix Feather and the shop keeper handed him the set free of charge. Two materials down.

"You just need to find yourself a luthier now. There are many in the area, you can even visit a player run shop if that tickles your fancy. Good luck!"

He stepped outside chewing on his finger while deep in thought. He hadn't noticed the once warm and gentle sun was passing over the horizon and setting giving the sky a flame like cloak. His eyes rested to drink in the remnants of warmth from the sun, soon the candles will be burning and the torch lights in the streets will be ignited. He should hurry and finish this quest before the shops close up. He looked to the menu once more and to his map, looking at the legend, he found many luthiers in the region. Wait, the materials were collected, perhaps going back to the origin of his Profession...that Scoffna character? Perhaps they could craft his instrument.

The distance was not so far off and that was perfect since he was tired from the day already. This quest was taking longer than he wanted it to, but the experience was above rewarding and to finally have an instrument of his own...he cherished the thought before making way back to the Quest Marker. His feet on the cement seemed to resonate deeply around him, like heels on the boardwalk as he made his way to the destination. The NPC in question, Scoffna...still an awkward name to look at and say was standing by waving him over.

"Seems like you are finished with all your tasks. Congratulations on becoming a Performer! All that needs to be done is creating your instrument. Now, the materials you collected will make your item look basic, no matter which options you chose. But don't be concerned about that, you can eventually upgrade your instrument with skins and vanity appeal as you rank up in your Profession. Now then! Hand me the materials and I'll begin working on your instrument; The Mandolin. Come back in an hour and it shall be ready!"

There was no need to reply, Astra handed over the materials to Scoffna and had an hour to kill. The Quest Completion was still pending. He rolled his blue eyes, perhaps he can find a bite to eat.

-BURP- "Ugh! How revolting...I didn't think it'd be possible to have gas in an online game. Ugh, should not have gone with the extra spicy sauce. My poor, poor intestines..." Back at what he called a home in the Orphanage House, Astra had finished his late night meal and was waiting for the NPC to finish his instrument. Time was going by slowly for him as the anticipation was mounting over his neck as he watched the time dwindle down into the evening hours. Getting up from his seat there was a little boy yawning as he was coming down the stairs.

"Thomas, it's late. You should be in bed."

"What are you doing up?"

"I'm just finishing up my meal, and waiting for a quest to resolve my instrument."

"That's right! You are going to be a Performer! Oooh!! Oooh! PLEASE ASTRA!! PLEASE LET ME COME WITH YOU!!??"

The boy darted for Astra's leg and hugged it tight, the Traveling Performer gave a small yelp in shock as he latched on to his leg, "Ughh!! Off! Off! Thomas! Don't make me err aggh!" Astra fell over as he stumbled backwards, the boy still latched to his leg pleading eyes looking up at him. With a defeated look, Astra reluctantly gave in. What harm could it be? Nodding, the boy got up and allowed Astra to stand on his feet once more. His blue eyes darted for the door, "Alright Thomas. But once we are done, its back to bed with you!"

With the agreement they set off into the night, Thomas was maybe thirteen or so in age, dusty brown hair and a young boy look. He admired Astra though, he seemed to be interested in the adult, but that's only reasonable, Astra was awesome to begin with. As they walked down the street, the luthier Scoffna seemed pleased with the creation of her instrument as the event triggered.

"Hello Performer! I have your instrument finished, a fine and dandy Mandolin for you to quest with! With the coming close of this quest, you may set up a shop and sell your recordings should you have Recording Crystals at hand. I am sure there are shops out there that you can buy from as well. So congratulations, Player! On becoming a Performer!"

There was a small display of miniature fireworks as normal players gathered round and clapped their hands at Astra. They knew about him from name and face, it was hard to forget a guy like him once you have met him. With the cheers and applaud, Astraeus was given his instrument which he quickly equipped, and held in his hand.

"Ohh! Astra! Play us a song! Your first one as a Performer!"

"Oh? Indeed. I suppose I could...let's find a place..."

Astra cleared his throat, there was a small audience looking up at him as he stood by a fountain holding his newly made Mandolin. The crowd of people were quiet, some of them were fans, others who resided on other floors never met him and seeing him for the first time. He scanned the area, Thomas was sitting on the ground clapping his hands for the newly tested Performer. Eyes on him, he smiled.

"Now, I am just a lowly novice in the creation of musical pieces. I have used others work in place of my own, and for the first time tonight you shall hear and original! Good or bad...for you to decide. I give you...EnGarde Sonata~"

Relaxing his pose, the strap of the mandolin wrapped snuggle over his shoulder as he held the light instrument in his hands. Delicate fingers were placed on the strings as his picking hand came to. Taking a deep breath he started to count down a beat with his foot and slowly he started to strum. The music filled the air with his romantic tune as it lifted through the wandering people's spirits guiding them over to him. His blue eyes set on the fretboard of the instrument as his digits carefully maneuvered over the doublet strings. The strumming was a little peculiar as the in game mechanic was helping him with this skill. His foot continued to tap and his lips parted for him to sing.

"May I hold you until eternity corrodes?

Say it again, "I Love You" are the words that will erode

And I feel this lunar night, entwined these burned out souls

Do we Cross the fate that gives us control?

Such is the life of a betrayed heart in dark times 

Are you but a ghost engraved inside my hollow mind?

Bound by imperfection, a chance of love that life flows

Foolish love that we speak, never do the words echo~~"

His fingers strummed over the instrument picking them lightly as he continued his song. The lyrics were much darker than people had thought, but this was the side of Astra they knew. He had such passion in his dark music, but it made it beautifully enchanting all the same. His eyes looked over the audience as the speed of his music picked up, there would be more singing as he would grace their ears with the pleasant sound of his voice.

"Are we now so distant, that these eyes must behold

As you look at me with feelings that are now dead and cold

Needless to say, memories you kept locked entombed

Fading from the foot steps of a graveyard you call home

Back to the time cherished by love, the love we gave

Fragile is the heart, broken by years of decay

Sat in silence by your desolate tomb I cry out and wish for you

Madness closed my mind from a world with out you."

The haunting lyrics along with the phantom like plucking of the instrument sent cold shivers down the spines of the audience as they eagerly awaited more from the youthful and yet dark lyricist. His soft blue eyes were closed, his instrument becoming an extension of his soul as he played out to them. His digits rolled over the strings, intricate patterns to create harmonic chords along with this style of music. Who knew the mandolin could be played in such a way? As they were silently watching him, they anticipated the ending and to what it would reveal in his song.

"Such is the life of a betrayed heart in dark times 

Are you but a ghost engraved inside my hollow mind?

Bound by imperfection, a chance of love that life flows

Foolish love that we speak, never do the words echo

Back to the time cherished by love, the love we gave

Fragile is the heart, broken by years of decay

Sanity reaches out and threatens my world built of lies

My eyes are open, and I know you have died~~"

He stopped immediately as soon as the last line was finished, ending his new song. There was but silence from the crowd, nothing even of a whisper. Thomas who seemed distant didn't know what to think of his music, was that even him playing it? Astra opened his mouth to saying something, but then there was a clap from the back and then another. Slowly everyone chimed in and congratulated the Performer. Astra bowed deeply and shook hands with the others who passed by. 

"Come on, Thomas. Time to go home."