PP-F2: Breaking the Unbreakable-Quest (Beoreson) - COMPLETE!!

OOC: Be sure you're taking the Battle Dice (BD) roll for your combat strikes. :)

ID: 27038
BD: 8
Mack: 15/17
BWolf: 5/10 (-3 Dam)

"Always the enlisted that have to do the work," Mack grunted, more to himself than to anyone else. He wasn't even completely sure that Beoreson heard the remark, not that he would have cared if the other warrior did. As the wolf had its attention wholly turned to Beoreson, Mack turned back to the loot that had dropped from the wolf he had killed a few moments earlier. Scooping up the basic health potion, that would restore five health points to the user, he flipped it in Beoreson's direction. "Head's up, officer," he called out, swinging Midnight Eclipse into position to attack the second wolf. With a bellowing battle cry, the blonde bomber blasted the inky black blade into the side of the wolf. It yelped and quickly backed away from both warriors, trying to keep its jaundiced yellow eyes on both of the humans.

((I am using it, I had to fight a boar for half a thread. Yay a crit))

ID:27039

CD:9

Beoreson's HP: 9+5

Bwolf's HP: 5-3

Beoreson doesn't hear the blond warrior's comment as he catches the red vile. He then chugs the vile like the used to chug energy drinks, very, very quickly. Beoreson feeling quite better as he drinks the potion decides that he will attack the wolf the next time it strikes. The wolf thinking that drinking the potion would keep him distracted leaps into the air towards him. Beoreson ducks under the wolf and while ducking under the wolf takes his sword and stabs the wolf's left, front leg. The wolf crashes into the ground, slightly limping from being stabbed in one of it's legs. Beoreson then finished with the potion drops it. "Thanks for the potion Mack, I think the thing is finished." states the blacked haired cadet.

ID: 27055
MD: 9
Mack: 12/17 (-3 Dam)
BWolf: 2/10

As the wolf limped about, Mack decided that he'd go ahead and try out his new martial arts skill. The only problem with that line of thinking was that the hulking blonde axe-man hadn't yet allocated any of his skill points into the Martial Arts skill. So, while he had access to the skill, he did not yet have any actual ability to use it. Dropping into a standard fighting stance for Krav Maga with his right foot slightly back and his fists at about head level, the blonde warrior darted in and threw a straight right cross aiming to connect with the side of the wolf's head. In a flash the wounded animal wheeled about and sank its teeth into the offending fist before Mack could make contact.

Suffice it to say there was a great deal of swearing as the big soldier swung the wolf around by its grip on his fist, as if the wolf were a grotesquely over-sized windsock. Of course, since Beoreson had been a cadet the blonde man had his doubts that anything he was spouting off would have been something that was new to the dark-haired swordsman.

ID:27059 MD:3

Beoreson's HP:14

Bwolf's HP:2

Beoreson rather amused at the blond soldier's string of curses, decided to at least hold the attention of the wolf. Beoreson shouted a few profanities at the wolf and tried to slash at the beast. The wolf of course valuing it's little bit of life it had released the soldier and attempted to snap it's jaws into Beoreson. This of course didn't work to well for the beast, as all Beoreson had to do was smack it with the flat of his blade. The wolf back up whimpering and limping, but still looked ready to bite anything that dared to come near it.

ID: 27062
BD: 10
LD: 10
Mack: 12/17
BWolf: -3/10 (-5 Dam)

So, it was like that. The wolf wanted to latch on to Mack's meaty fist and then try to run away. No, that was not how things worked. Not even slightly. In his zeal to exact revenge on the offending wolf for its audacity, the blonde soldier nearly bowled Beroeson over as he charged past, Midnight Eclipse spinning in a wide arc above his head. "Bad doggie," Mack rumbled, whirling the midnight blade of the axe in a deadly circle and bringing it down with a sickening crunch on the wolf's neck, severing its digital head. "We hate you."

As the wolf's body dissolved it formed itself into the outline of crafting materials, but there was no other loot to be had from the beast. The blonde warrior toed the ground where the beast had died, looking for anything else he might have missed. But no other loot appeared. "Looks like one crafting material for each of us, plus half of the col when I turn this quest in at the board. The rock's gone too, so I'll get my new martial arts skill. You good?"

Beoreson dusting himself off from the fight gave a thumbs up to Mack, as he wondered to himself who we meant. "I'm fine, so want to start walking back?" asks the black haired warrior. "Oh, wait I want to take a peak into the cave real quick." says the cadet. Beoreson then takes a peak into the cave which is like any other cave that he has been in. The cave had the usual gray stone, with an hanging stone from the ceiling. Beoreson always forgot what those things where called. "Okay Mack, ready to go when you are." states the black hared cadet.

"Sounds good to me," Mack grunted, having already cooled down from his outburst of anger against the wolf a moment ago. Retrieving his share of the crafting material loot, he moved to the on point position and began to lead the way back to the town. The trip itself was passed fairly uneventfully and it wasn't long before the pair of them were passing back through the heavy stone gates of the city and making their way to the quest board. When he reached the board, Mack activated the quest and turned it in. There was a soft chiming noise as the awards were added to his account.

REWARDS

Mack - 200 Col, 2 SP (1 Thread, 1 Quest), New Skill: Martial Arts, 1 Crafting Material

Beoreson - 200 Col, 2 SP (1 Thread, 1 Quest), 1 Crafting Material