SP-F6 <<Calming the Soul>> Complete

Abalasster had been trying his hand at adventuring some more ever since he had became a merchant. So, he decided to take another opportunity to have some adventuring. So after hearing about some quest on the sixth floor, he got himself ready and took off to the sixth floor. He went to the quest board and found the quest Calming the Soul. He read the description of the quest and became both puzzled and determined. "Go to the waterfall and face it with courage, eh" Abalasster said to himself. "I've fought worse". So, Abalasster began to trek into the terrain of floor 6. He had taken a good look at the map of the floor that was near the quest board. But as he was walking though the forest, a blue figure came up to him and asked him the question, "Are you in search for the Waterfall of Sage?...

Edited by Abalasster

"Why indeed I am my good sir, why is it that you ask me such a question"? Abalasster said to the strange looking man. "No" the man said in a warning voice. "I can not permit you to do that". "Pardon me sir" Abalasster said to the man, "But I have no quarrel with you. I am getting to that Waterfall and you won't stop me". Abalasster began to go past the man, before he stuck his sword out in front of Abalasster. "Sir, I can't let you do that. If it means that I have to kill you, I will" the man said. Abalasster drew his rapier. "Then I guess its going to be like that" Abalasster shot back at the man...

ID:27384

BD:9

Abalasster 17/17

Blue man 10/12 (+2 bleed)

Abalasster made the first move. He began with several strikes. The blue man was able to counter the first three but on the 3rd strike he had lost his balance, leaving him open for a strike. Abalasster brought his rapier back and then plunged it into the blue man. Abalasster then proceeded to back away from the man and got into a defensive stance. He knew that he had landed a blow that must have hurt on the man. "Why are you keeping me back for that waterfall anyways" Abalasster called out to the Blue man. "Because you aren't ready for what's ahead" he said Abalasster was about to say something back to the man, but he didn't what to say. So he just prepared for the man to strike him...

ID: 27385

MD: 1

Abalasster 17/17

Blue man 8/12 (+2 bleed)

The blue man began to Abalasster, but every swing he took resulted in the clashing of swords. "Why are you preventing me from reaching my goal" Abalasster asked the blue man again. "Two reasons" the blue man said. "One is that it is my job. I am the guarding of the waterfall. The second and most important reason is because once you go there, to that waterfall, you don't come back the same person. You are not ready to face what lies ahead". Abalasster brushed this off. "You don't know what I can handle" Abalasster said back to the blue man. "That maybe true, but there is still many things that you aren't ready for and trust me, this is one of those things. I believe that no one is ready for this" the blue man said coldly...

ID: 27386

BD: 10

Abalasster 17/17

Blue man 3/12 (+2 bleed and super crit +3)

Abalasster advanced on the blue man. He launched a salvo of attacks on the blue man. He started with two swings, which the blue man was able to block. Abalasster then aimed lower, he struck for the legs. The blue man was also able to block these but it was harder for him to do so. Abalasster saw this and repeated the pattern. But, he knew that if he would keep up this pattern, the man would eventually find a way to use it against him. So, right after Abalasster struck for the legs, he rolled over to the Blue man's right side and thrust his sword into the man's knee. His attack was successful. He then took his out and thrust it into the blue man's chest. He then put his foot on the blue man's chest and pushed him away... 

ID: 27387

MD: 3

Abalasster 17/17

Blue man 1/12

The Blue man had fallen to the floor after Abalasster's strike. It had been a mighty blow and he knew that he wouldn't survive this encounter, for within the next turn, he would die to bleed damage. So, after taking a short time to get back up to his feet, the blue man readied his sword. He began to make his way over to Abalasster. He swung once, which Abalasster easily blocked with Zephyr. "You..." the blue man started "Have much...strength. But...it won't...be enough..." He began to back away from Abalasster. "Why do you do this" Abalasster shouted at the man. "Fight me or just step out of my way". The blue man began to walk back to Abalasster. "You have no idea what you are in for" the blue man said... 

Abalasster 17/17

Blue man -1/12

Abalasster didn't attack the blue man. He let the bleed damage finish him off. After he had died, Abalasster walked over o his body to see if any loot happened to have been dropped...

ID: 27395

LD: 19

"Well what to we have here" Abalasster said to himself. He had found himself some kind of uncommon item. He put it in his inventory and moved on. He continued a little further down the path until he came to the waterfall. Before he approached it, he kept on thinking back to what the blue man had said. All of his warnings about how he many not be strong enough to do this. Abalasster now began o take his words into effect. "Can I really do this" he thought to himself. He knew he wasn't going to give up, seeing as how he had gotten this far already... 

Abalasster walked up to the waterfall and looked at it. "So this is the Waterfall of Sage" Abalasster said. It was beautiful and serene. This place made Abalasster feel calm. He sat down on the stones and glanced up at the waterfall. H smiled once more before looking at the water. There was his reflection, like it was supposed to be. But something was off. Some of his features were off. For one, his hair was a totally different color than it was.Second was the eyes. "This must be why the waterfall is so popular" Abalasster said under his breath. That's where things began to go wrong. "No, that's not why it's popular, this is" said a voice that Abalasster couldn't pinpoint. "Who's there Abalasster said, looking all around trying to find the voice...

"It's me, Abalasster" called the voice again. If it was someone who knew his avatar's name, it had to be a handle full of people Abalasster thought. But, it didn't sound like any of there voices. But, seeing as how he had introduced himself quite a few times to his group of friends, an onlooker must have heard his name by chance. The voice came again. "...Or should I call you Edward" Abalasster froze. He knew that not may of his friends had gotten SAO and that no one else in his family had the device nor the game. "Who are you?" Abalasster called out again. "I'm here, within arms reach. Abalasster continued to look around, not knowing where this voice was coming from. "Come on Edward" the voice said... 

Abalasster the looked towards his reflection. It smiled. "Looks like you finally found me. took you forever though". Abalasster was seriously taken aback. "You...you ca...can talk?!?" he questioned his reflection. "Of course it said" back cheerfully. "But...who are...you" Abalasster said back to his reflection. He couldn't believe that he was talking to his own reflection. "I am you. Everything that you are, I am as well". This was crazy Abalasster thought to himself. How could his own reflection speak. Abalasster then preceded to ask his reflection a question. "So, I get that your me, but how did you come to exist. I mean, the programmers couldn't of just had me in mind when they made the game. Also, how am I supposed to believe that you are me. I need you to prove it some more..." 

"Ok" the reflection said. "My current name is Edward Stratton. I am the son of Matias and Sarah Everlend. After a scuffle, they divorced and she remarried to a priest. I have a sister named Elizabeth an-" That's enough" Abalasster said. This reflection of him knew all about him. "I guess you really are me". The reflection smiled and said I told you so. "So" Abalasster began "I came here on a quest. What is it that I am supposed to do". The reflection's smile grew even wider. "All we have to do is talk. "Abalasster let out a sigh of relief. "Alright, then this should be a piece of cake. The question is, what should we talk about". The reflection was eager to submit a topic for discussion...  

"Why don't we talk about that group of friends you grouped up with" Abalasster wasn't uneased by this. He knew that the reflection of himself knew just as much as he knew about himself. Possibly even more. "OK.  What about them?" Abalasster asked back to the reflection. "Did you know they hate you" the reflection said. Abalasster was taken aback by this. "Wh-What do you mean they hate me" Abalasster questioned the reflection. "I mean what I mean. I'll go down the line why each of them hate you.which one do you want me to start with?" Abalasster was tired of this. "Alright, I'm quiet done with you, I've had it with this". Abalasster tried to get up, but he couldn't move...

Abalasster continued to try to get up. But every time was in vain. While this was occurring, the reflection kept on taunting him. "You can't escape" the reflection began. But Abalasster kept on trying. he knew that if he tired hard enough, that he could break these invisible shackles on him. But, his faith was running out as the reflection began to taunt him in several ways. It would mock and give him false hope. Abalasster eventually gave in. He stopped and tried to become calm again. "Are you done with your fit now" the reflection said to him. Abalasster wished he could make contact with the reflection. To punch it or to strangle it. But he knew that wouldn't work. "Where was I" the reflection began again... 

..."Oh yes, I was talking about how you are hated by your friends" the reflection said. I'll go right down the line with what reasons they all hate you for. First, there is Mack. He despises you and finds you crafty and  two-faced. He thinks that the first chance you get, you will try and stab each and everyone of them in the back". "Then why give me this sword" Abalasster interjected. "It doesn't make much sense for on to bestow gifts upon one whom he hates, now does it?" The reflection let off a smirk. "You think that sword is a gift? Something people give to each other as friends? Your wrong. That was merely a gift to keep you alive and to make you trust him. Truth be told, he would sacrifice you in an instant..." 

Abalasster though to himself about what the reflection had just said. "Was this true? Was Mack's true purpose for gifting him this sword is to make it look like he was giving him something of value, but in reality he was just making sure that he wasn't going to do anything rash before Mack could do it first". Before he could finish his thought, The reflection began to speak again. "Who shall I talk about next? Ah, how about Grave? He shares the same mentality as Mack. He still hasn't gotten over the first encounter and finds you to be a devious villain, and the first chance you get, you will kill each and everyone of them, if given the chance"...

Abalasster continued to process the new information that his reflection had given him. He still couldn't understand the reflection's reasoning for Mack, but he could see it for Grave. "We haven't spoke to each other directly at al" Abalasster thought. The reflection's reasoning for Grave made sense for Abalasster. It would explain why the two had never really talked. "Was Grave keeping it to himself, or was he showing it by trying to avoid all conversation with me" Abalasster questioned. Abalasster became conflicted. The reflection made solid points, but Abalasster wasn't about to go on believing the people he called his friends, people whom actually despised him...

"Next is Takao" The reflection said, snapping Abalasster out of his train of thought. "Takao hates you for the way you act, and in the same way as the other two hate you, he thinks that you share the same aspects as a serpent. He hates your friendly jests and thinks that you act as a person with a holier-than-thou attitude. Also, like I said, he believes that he can't trust. To him, you are like a serpent. He thinks that you will get the group into a terrible situation and either get all of them killed or clean house on the group". Abalasster thought to himself about what the reflection had just said. To him, it was beginning to make more and more sense, or less and less, depending on how one looks at it...  

Edited by Abalasster

To Abalasster, the reflections words were starting to make sense. "They really do hate me, don't they" Abalasster began to think to himself. "All of this makes sense, the reasons he has stated have been pretty solid". Abalasster didn't want to believe what the reflection was saying. Right now, he was almost on the brink of crying. Everything that this reflection had said was not thing but hateful comments. But, he knew that if he was to cry, he would be exposing weakness to the reflection. So he continued to listen. "I think I'll talk about Rose next. She thinks your a freak and  perverted. I will cut you some slack, she still thinks that about a few members of the group, but you are the worse offender in her mind...

Abalasster still couldn't deny what his reflection was saying. His hope was quickly fading and the thoughts that the reflection kept putting in his head had flooded most hope he had left. But the reflection wasn't done yet. "Ah, but there is one more in the group I have to speak of, isn't there. His name is Koumori, if I can recall correctly. Well, whatever his name is, he hates you the most. Your attempts to put trust in him have only lead to the downfall of that and the rise of his hatred in you. He despises you. He thinks you are a rat. But unlike the rest of the group, he finds your aspects of deviousness the most irritable. The first chance he gets, watch your back because he will kill you...

Abalasster was left speechless. Everything that the reflection had just said, Abalasster both couldn't believe and believed whole heartedly. He couldn't accept that his group hated him but at the same time, all the points that the reflection had made, he couldn't just throw away the fact that the group must have hated him. But a questioned then raised inside Abalasster's head "How do you know all these things" He asked the reflection. The reflection didn't hesitate to respond back. "I don't only know the thought of you, but the thoughts of many others. On that subject, I have something else I want to talk about. If you don't mind, why don't we shift the subject to something different. Lets talk about your family...