[PP-F1] Taking Action

It had been several days since the game had really begun. Carambit watched as other players left the starting town; marching off to die or grow stronger and progress further into the game. Carambit looked down at his empty hand. He came into this world to learn what Virtual Reality was capable of, and now he's seen the darkest potential that it has to offer. People were dying, never to return home to their loved ones. He curled his hand up into a fist, furious that someone would use a game, the thing he loved, his livelihood, to take people's lives. He shook his head and tried to forget about it; there was no point getting upset over it any longer. He was here now, and he had to do anything he could to get out of here. Even if it meant risking his life.

Ever since he'd started, he had never really left starting town. The threat of real death was too much for him to handle in those nervous couple of days, but here was where he took action; here is where he made a stand. If not for him, then for the many other thousands of people stuck in the starting town. If they couldn't progress the way others were capable of, and chose to wait in this starting town to stay safe, then their only hope of returning home lied in those who had the bravery to venture on. Carambit had to be one of those brave soldiers who was able to help clearing the game. He had to be.

What he really needed though, was another player who could show him the ropes. Someone with at least a little experience who could teach him exactly how he should go about getting stronger. He posted a public bulletin and awaited a private message reply from someone. Anyone.

Golden strolled around floor one where his cafe was located. Having been quite short on materials, he wasn't able to cook as much as he would've liked these days. As Golden sat down on a random bench in the middle of the starting town, he noticed a public bulletin board in his menus that he'd never realized before. Or maybe I've just never paid attention to these details. Golden decided as he opened up the option and started reading the contents

A public bulletin. Golden realized as he started reading the contents. Lots of the contents were quite old but there were a new one... and strangely new as if it had only just managed to find its way upon the bulletin. Golden decided that he might as well help a newbie out if he was just going to waste more time doing what he did best... which was nothing. Golden opened up his menu and PMed the owner of the bulletin post.

Carambit was over the moon with excitement that someone got back to him so swiftly. He was almost certain that his request would be lost amongst the many posts that get put up there daily. He immediately messaged the other player back and asked where he would like to meet up, and where they should go to get started.

He only had cheap starting gear, but from what he could tell it would be plenty enough to get him started out on this floor. They wouldn't make him fight monsters he couldn't handle. And while he was out fighting, he would get more Col. Which was great, considering that he was losing money at an alarming rate; spending his savings on inn stays and places he could spend his time without dwindling any of his other supplies.

Carambit knew he had his beginner's pack still, plenty of food and water to last him, but he wanted to save all of it for when he needed it most, out in the field. If he burned through it in the safety of a town he would be stuck out in a field later starving to death. 

He eagerly awaited the reply of the other player. He read the name so that he would know what to call him when they met. "Golden..." he spoke to himself. "What a nice guy... I'm sure we'll be great friends." He couldn't help but smile.

Golden smiled at the new guy once he saw his username. Honestly, he decided that Carambit is an unusual name but not exactly the strangest he's ever seen. He hasn't really done any of the newbie showing around kind of thing but he was sure he could help the guy out a bit. Golden checked his inventory to see if he has all his equipment in place just in case the new guy wants to fight some boars. A lot of new kids like to fight. He thought, realizing a pattern from a different new guy he'd taught and gave a tour around before in the past. 

"So... what do you want me to give you a tour or help of?" Golden PMed Carambit... not wanting to waste much time. With a smirk, Golden asked Carambit where he wanted to meet up.

Carambit replied to the message happily. "Alright, how about the north entrance? Out into the fields?" he suggested. He knew that only boars and wolves were out there, and these were more or less easy targets to take care of. "I'll meet you by the doors. See you soon!" he wrote before sending the message and making his way for the large double doors that lead out into the field. 

He leant up against the wall and let out a sigh. He was nervous. He hadn't been out there yet. What awaited him? Could he deal with the enemies that were out there? He brought up his inventory and scanned over his few items again. Regardless of if he could handle it or not, that's why the other player was there to help him. With Golden's assistance, he would be able to deal with whatever this game threw at him.

Golden shrugged. Combat training. He realized immediately since Carambit wanted to head out into the fields. Golden walked slowly towards the gate, not wanting to waste stamina but decided that he would indeed hurry up the process. If he wants to fight... He'll have to fight stronger mobs with me in his party to get loot. Golden thought. Oh well. It'd be good for him to fight strong mobs when he has someone strong enough by his side. Golden's stroll through the starting town turned into a fast pace until he slowed down by the entrance of the town. Well here is the gate. Golden thought as he looked around, hopeful that he could see the new guy... indeed, there was a brown-haired boy with a starter blade in front of him that he's never seen before. Well... I guess he's the one.

Golden walked up to the newbie before taking his hand out for a shake. "The name's Golden. Wassup." He said before looking out the fields. "We're gonna come across some stronger mobs with me around but don't worry... I can deal with them easily and will take all the hits." Golden said before looking back at the player. "So... tell me about your weapon and skills that have been obtained so far."

"Nice to meet you! I'm not too worried. Now that I've got a good look at you I can see you know what you're doing, so I trust you." he showed his warm, welcoming smile that just screamed let's be friends. He smiled up until he was asked about his weapon skills. Carambit nervously scratched the back of his head "Heh, well... I've only got the novice ranking for my straight sword skill... And nothing else. I haven't really been out in the field yet, so..." he trailed off and rolled his right shoulder, jostling the sword mounted across his back into a more comfortable position. "This is just a straight sword I picked when I started out. Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll have a better one soon enough. But for now I feel like this will do well enough for me."

"So uh... How strong are we talking?" he asked as he swiped his finger down and sent a party request to Golden.

((I'm playing as though I'm a level 1 still, like I was when I first started this RP. so I still have 5 hit points. Just for continuity's sake ;) makes for a better RP. ))

Golden smirked. "You'll see." He said as he led the newbie out of the safe zone. Experience is better than text work is his motto so here he was, next to a newbie in front of quite a strong boar. However, no boars were going to be any threat to Golden and his attack power except maybe hacked boars but that was definitely not going to happen in a game such as SAO. SAO was too good of a game to be hacked randomly by random people. He smirked a confident smile before pulling out his rapier at the boar but he was not going to attack. Instead, he was going to use a skill called <<Howl>> which allows him to attract the attention of the boar. He was an attention hogger... that was what people called him. "Cover up your ears." Golden said as a warning and after thus, he let out a howl more fierce than any king of the jungles.

ID: 27666
MD: 2 (0 DMG)

Immediately, the boar attempted an attack and Golden rolled out of the way easily from the attack. This way's quite slow... should be simple. Golden thought before standing up. He didn't have to worry about Carambit getting hurt so 'tis all good and Golden can unleash his attacks with extreme speed and carelessness. Just like how he likes it.

Golden (57/57) [H: 4]
Carambit (5/5) [H: 1]
Boar (29/29)

[If u have questions. PM me.]

[ID# 27741]
[BD=1] (Critical Miss Like a baws.)

The howl almost blew Carambit's face off it was so powerful. It was no surprise that the Boar charged at Golden. As soon as he caught on to what Golden's plan was, he sprung into action. "Right." He drew his sword and began to ready his sword skill. "I get it, you provide a distraction, and I..." The weapon began to glow bright blue "Take down it's health!" he leapt off of the ground and began sprinting toward his enemy. Little did he know just how under prepared he was to take on this enemy.

Carambit stabbed forward with his blade, narrowly missing the boar's rear, and diving over it in a most majestic fashion. The sword planted itself in the ground, and he was sent flipping forward over the top of it, landing flat on his back. He sat back up and shook his head, before grabbing the hilt of his sword, tugging a few times upward, and grunting until it was released from the earth. He shook the dirt off of it and raised it beside him again, embarrassed. "Okay... Once more, with feeling!"

[The facepalm is real.]

ID: 27748
BD: 9 (8 DMG)
MD: 6 (1 DMG)

Golden watched as Carambit missed his attack. I remember what I was like back then. He thought as he prepared the rapier he had by placing it by his side as he charged. I should be able to hit this if my calculations are correct. Golden thought. There was probably at least a 90% Chance of him hitting the boar when it had been stunned by the loudness of his howl. The howl was meant to be intimidating and indeed it had worked. Golden's rapier passed straight through the body of the boar, forcing a yelp from the boar as it had been injured. Golden retreated and with a smile, "It takes time to learn." He said.

The boar, determined to land a hit on the damage dealer sprung up into action immediately. Golden saw this attack and stood still so that it would be pierced by the thorns enhancement located on his armor. Gotcha. Golden thought as he managed to deal more damage than the boar had dealt to him just from standing still and allowing the boar to attack. So easy. He thought as he retreated, allowing Carambit to attack again.

Golden (56/57) -1 [H: 7]
Carambit (5/5) [H: 0]
Boar (18/29) -11 [Thorns]

[ID# 27750]
[BD=7] (Hit)

Carambit: 5/5
Boar: 16/29

Carambit vaulted forward once again, charging at his enemy from a broader angle this time. "This time for sure!" he swung his sword and cleaved upward as he leapt past the boar, leaving behind a red stripe of damage on it's body. The boar squealed and turned it's head to face him. Carambit froze when he landed. Was it going to attack him? A tense moment passed, but it seemed like an eternity in his eyes as he waited for the beast to make it's move. It snorted once and returned its focus to Golden. It was surprising that the boar didn't attack him, but he took it as a blessing.

Perhaps Golden's howl was doing some good after all. "Alright, back to you! I need to charge up another attack!" Carambit called out, allowing his sword skill to begin glowing once again. This boar had a heap of hit points. Perhaps it would drop a heap of xp and items. He could only hope. Perhaps it was only scaled up to meet Golden's level. Regardless, Carambit was surprisingly enjoying himself. He hadn't felt this alive since arriving in this world. He could make a difference if he kept trying hard like this, he was sure of it.

ID: 27776
BD: 8 (7 DMG)
MD: 7 (1 DMG)
CD: 10 (+1 HP)

Golden stared at the boar and immediately after Carambit finished his attack, Golden started sprinting toward the mob. Ahead of you. Golden thought before Carambit could finish the sentence that he was trying to say. As Golden approached the still boar, he knew that it would attempt to dodge the attack but if he could fool the boar to dodge the wrong way, Golden could probably deal quite a bit of damage to it. Indeed, when Golden faked to the right, the boar dodged to the left and in an instance, Golden went to the left and struck with his rapier... right into the face of the boar. That looks painful. He thought before retreating.

The boar had just been humiliated. It had been fooled by a fairly good trick from the player... and things were not looking good for it. It stomped its tiny legs before charging toward Golden who had dealt quite a bit of damage to it. Golden, smiling, stood still, allowing the boar to once again injure itself from attacking Golden. Golden's thorns have proven to be quite a great tool in the past and the same goes in the present as well. Golden's smile turned into a grin when he saw his health bar increase by one. Battle healing. He thought as he realized that one of his skills were coming into play.

Golden (56/57) [H: 9] [Battle Healing]
Boar (6/29) -10 [Thorns]

((just curious, but at the bottom where you display end of turn hitpoints what does the [H: _] stand for? Also sorry for the late reply. I have it set to notify me, but it hadn't done that...))

[ID# 28066]
[BD=4] (Miss)
[MD=2] (Miss)

Carambit: 5/5

Carambit went for another attack on the enemy, swinging his weapon in a back hand motion, leaving a trail of blue light as it swung from the sword skill taking it's effect. Unfortunately, the angle he swung on was only just enough to glance off of one of it's shoulder blades, without doing any real damage. "Bugger. Just can't quite get through. I'll have to try stabbing it." he thought to himself.

The player began to circle around the enemy, trying to remain out of it's line of vision so it didn't decide to switch targets on him and leave him unprepared for such an action. If that happened he was in trouble. He wasn't entirely prepared to defend against the boar.

[Ok. H stands for Hate. Hate increases by 1 if you land a normal attack. Hate increases by 2 if you land a crit. However, it increases with fighting spirit. The player with most hate will be attacked by the mob]

ID: 28349
BD: 4 (0 DMG)
MD: 9 (2-1=1 DMG)

Golden watched as the other player missed the target. He sighed, I remember back in the days. He thought as he charged toward the boar as well. However, he decided that he'd try something else. He faked to the left before going to the right to bring down his blade on the boar. However, the boar was flexible enough to dodge the attack. Argh! Blue thought with a yelp as the mob jumped high into the air to avoid the attack and also land a great attack from the air. Golden was knocked back by the fierce attack and fell right to the ground. Sweet. He thought as he watched his health bar tickle down.

Golden (55/57) [H: 9] -1 [Heavy Momentum]
Boar (6/29)

Edited by Golden

[ID# 28353]
[BD=3]

Carambit began to grow frustrated. He couldn't seem to hit a single swing, and he feared this would become a frequently repeating pattern. He swung left and right, but as the boar was preoccupied with Golden, it moved at just the right times to coincidentally avoid his attacks. He plunged the tip of his sword into the ground and leaned on the hilt, tilting his head to look at it from a different angle. Maybe he just wasn't swinging it right. Maybe he had to stab rather than slash, zig rather than zag. Regardless, it was frustrating him deeply.

He pulled his sword free from the earth, and held it once again, getting ready for another attack. He couldn't just give up, and hopefully the next one wouldn't miss.

ID: 28493
BD: 1 (0 DMG)
MD: 4 (0 DMG)

Golden shrugged. The boar was quite low on health and Carambit probably required a bit of experience from this boar fight. He decided that he'll let Carambit get a few more hits in before he attempted the final attack which would one-hundred percent kill the boar. I'll give him the col if that happens. He decided... But not the mat. Materials are important to my shop. He thought as he crossed his arms. "I'll let you get some more hits in for my hit will probably kill the boar... go on now." He said. It made quite a bit of sense especially since Carambit was way under leveled compared to him.

The boar, however, was not hesitant to attack. It charged toward the standing Golden but luckily, Golden managed to dodge out of the way of the attack. Sick boar. He thought as he rolled out of the way before standing up and waiting for Carambit's attack on the boar.

Golden (55/57) [H: 9] [Heavy Momentum]
Boar (6/29)

Edited by Golden

[ID# 28494]
[BD=1] (I swear to god...)

Carambit charged in for another attack, swinging and missing. He grew deeply frustrated with the boar and began to swing left and right, move after move in a flurry of rage filled swipes. Each and every attack either missed or glanced closely off the boar's hide, shaving a hair or two off of it each time. "Okay, I think maybe I'm lagging or something. Either that or this sword is garbage." He inspected his sword to see if the blade was indeed still attached to the hilt, and he wasn't swinging empty space at the animal. If this kept up he would soon sit down and allow Golden to finish it to claim the spoils. Carambit couldn't remember if he had even damaged the boar at all by this point.