[PP-F2] Searching The Second Floor (Beoreson, Vasth) [COMPLETE]

Kalesh had spent the previous couple of days leveling. Slaying the boars of the first floor was start to feel simple and less difficult by the kill, and so of course he wanted a little variety! There weren't many better ways to get variety in combat from this world than visiting another floor! With that thought in mind he happily took the chance to teleport up to the second floor to get a handle on the things to see and find there. Upon arriving in Urbus, the first thing he did was check the horizons. If anything was going to make him feel like either a knight or a peasant it would be the medieval look given to the town, making him feel oddly at home.

With his brief survey done he started to check the actual surroundings, stepping through the streets with a curious look in his dark brown eyes. His shoulder length brown hair not being covered by his helmet since he was in town, and the only thing he really had equipped were his casual clothes that any beginner got upon logging in. Glancing around he took note of any landmarks he could and he local shops. He was willing to wager that some smiths would mimic the town's atmosphere and make european weapons and armors to match. He was saving his col though, so he moved past most of the shops, instead trying to find a decent tavern or the like to stay at if he chose to stick around on this floor rather than head back down. He idly glanced up while considering if the sky was actually a ceiling like the Truman Show.

Edited by Kalesh

Beoreson decided that he was going to take a break from grinding today as it was starting to get rather boring. The young, warrior before heading out put on the leather chest plate that he had gotten some time ago. He also decided to grab his heavy hitter blade as well. He grabbed Shadowsteel a ninjato that he had crafted earlier this week. The young warrior thought that it would be nice to spend the day hanging out at one of Urbus's many taverns. The young warrior went to a random tavern to sit around all day and, meet some new people. The young warrior was siting at a table that was more open and visible to anyone that would enter the building. He sat so that he could see anyone entering the building as he was rather tired of being surprised by random people showing up behind him.

Kalesh didn't have to travel long to find a decent enough looking tavern, honestly hoping it was as cheap as it looked from the outside, he was by no means a rich man. After stepping inside he glanced around while he walked. His first reaction was to sit at an empty table, but the gamer side of him urged him to take a seat at someone else's. If not to make friends, then perhaps to gather information, either worked in his favor one way or the other. He grabbed a chair at a nearby table and asked the man in leather "Hey, mind if I take a seat?" He put on a smile and tilted his head very slightly in curiosity.

The warrior slightly surprised responded,"Sure, go ahead. The name is Beoreson. I use a one handed straight sword and, heavy armor. I just haven't found any yet. I am also a blacksmith, rank one" The warrior states politely, wondering why the newcomer was smiling,"You might not want to smile to much .Otherwise some people will think you lost it." The young warrior states off handily. The warrior then, relaxes slightly as he places an order for some ale or what is considered "Ale" in this tavern.

Kalesh listened as the warrior spoke, taking his seat while the whole introduction was done. At the warrior's final comment he couldn't help but chuckle. "Let them. Either they think I am a friendly ally, or they think they should be careful around me because I've gone mad." He shrugs his shoulders and adds "I'm mostly the same in the no-armor aspect. Only have a helmet." Kalesh takes a big breath and begins his introduction. "I am Kalesh, I use a greatsword and heavy armor. No profession as of yet, not decided on what it is I want to be... Other than a fighter, of course. This is my first time on this floor, so I am still somewhat inexperienced." He gestures to an NPC and says "Hey! An apple cider please!" He looked to Beoreson while waiting for his drink.

The young, warrior's "Ale" arrived but, all it was was a bad food product that was a sad excuse for any thing remotely edible. He pulled though and managed to sip on the poorly made drink. "So, what are you do going to do on floor two? I just got here not that long ago myself." asks the young warrior. As he scanned the room again for any thing that might be a threat. He noticed that he was still on high alert for some reason. He thought to himself,"Well, I need to chill out and just drink the "Ale" that is severed here."

Vasth was walking about the 2nd floor on a bored day,he walked into a tavern he looked around and it was filled with NPC and few players. Vasth saw with to lower level person,he saw no another sits so he went up to the two.

"Ah um,excuse me,sorry for interrupting you guys but can I sit here it's really crowned." The other reason was he wanted to get to know these two.

Kalesh sat back in his seat, grabbing the cup of cider that was given to him and sipped it. It wasn't great, but that's what he got for living cheaply. Eat and drink like a peasant for now, and then eat like a king when his savings added up. When the mystery player arrived and took a seat he grinned and happily said "No worries, I don't mind. I'm Kalesh by the way!" He looked back to the man he was already conversing with and says "I came to the second floor mostly to scout things out. Might consider hunting a little once I've gotten a handle of the area around here. Playing it safe!" He leans back in his seat a little, the front legs coming off the floor.

"The name is Beoreson, and I use a sword." states the warrior. As the other man had already invited him to sit he didn't see a reason to."So what are you going here?" asks the young warrior to the man in blue. The warrior manages to take another sip of his drink. The worst part was the more he drank it, the less it tasted bad. The warrior did one more scan of the room as he was taking the sip." I just have to keep scanning the room don't I. I can't just put faith in people  not to try to gank me.I'm sitting in a tavern, that means they can't gank me." thinks the warrior to himself as he tries again to relax. For some reason he didn't talk himself down very well.

Vasth took a sit,he made a confused face when Beoreson stated that he used a sword.

"Thanks,the name's Vasth, I come here to rest and buy things,I am a spear user if your wondering." Vasth waved an a NPC and he order a glass of coke.

"I have been bored lately, my shop hasn't got any customer." he sat back and listened to what the players had to say

Kalesh shrugged softly but nodded in understanding. "I can understand that. One of the big reasons I have no real plans to become a shop owner. I'd rather just use or sell the things I make directly. Like farming vendor trash or something else you'd do in other MMO." He takes a long sip of his ale, and is unable to resist the joke that had been preserved and reused throughout the ages. He looks to Beoreson and says "My sword's bigger." He chuckled and rolled his eyes, idly thinking about situational retorts that were in line with the joke. "But yeah, greatsword for life."

"I haven't had a customer yet, I just use my shop as a forge." states the young, raven haired warrior. He then, turns to Kalesh at the comment,"My blade is a ninjato. It is a over sized one at that. I don't need a two handed blade as it would be rather pointless. I am going to use a shield eventually." The warrior then, deciding that he was going to keep drinking ordered a second mug. While waiting he polished off the first mug. "So, Vasth what type of shop do you own." asks the warrior as he removes his sheath from his back and places it on his lap.

Edited by Beoreson

Vasth smiled as the two had a computation on who's got the better sword.

"My profession is a Artisan,you need to craft stuff so you are higher in you crafting ability so people can see that your item's are worth it." Vasth said to Beoreson.

Vasth turned his head to Kalesh

"That's what I thought but to live in this death game you will find out soon that it's hard to earn Col and Mats without a job,it will be easier to get weapons and more buy having a job."

Kalesh shrugged softly and said to Vasth "Hm... It would certainly be easier, I can't deny that. Personally though I feel like there is more work than just what the game decides... Bodyguard, mercenary... heck, I could probably get a crafter to pay me to hunt materials for them. I'm just not sure making my own stuff is going to be my path..."

He grins and says to Beoreson next "Well, if you are going to have extra protection then that's fine... Personally I am just going to get a bigger sword when I am able. It just wouldn't feel right, being able to swing a sword -too- easily." He chuckled softly to himself and lets his chair lean forward again steadily. "I have my plan sketched out... but it's certainly not doable at my wealth or level!"

Listening to the two talk about the "Employment" opportunities."I already have a job to do. Kill things and make weapons. I think it works well as I make everything I need. " the young warrior states this as he grabs the ninjato, and raises the blade slightly. "I also was thinking about starting to clear floors once I get to a higher level." says the warrior as his new "Ale" was delivered. He takes another sip of the drink as he looks around the area again, noticing that the tavern had mostly cleared out.

Vasth nodded

"The higher floors you will need a team or group....I heard a lot of guys died because of soloing" As the two still argue about their weapons Vasth decided to join in. 

"That is your choice,guys my spear is bigger then both your swords." Vasth grinned as sip his drink.

Kalesh grinned mischievously and said "Oh? Well, then enjoy it while it lasts... I make no claims to originality, the sword is gonna be -huge- once I get enough money and materials to convince a smith to make it." He chuckles to himself and shrugged his shoulders "I should really consider getting Athletics and so on so I would be able to lift it easier. Weapons still have weight in this world after all!" He realizes he is just talking about himself and shakes his head "Anyways, it seems we all know what we want to be which is nice. I am sure more than a fair share of people on the floor below this one dunno what to do with themselves..."

"Spears are only so long after you cut them in half, then it's just a short stick with a dagger on it." states the young, raven haired. He then, turns to Kalesh, "You know, carrying a big sword doesn't give you extra damage. You do know that, right?" Asks the young warrior as he starts sipping the "Ale".The "Ale" didn't taste like ale at all."Yeah, there is still a quite a few players on the first floor, that haven't even left." says the young, raven haired warrior. He then,, scans the room for threats again.

"Dude you can't chop a metal spear in half in this game.......Anyway I just travelled and explored the floors I nearly got kill doing a quest once,in this world you can meet a lot of people.....even people you fall in love with you,sometimes you question even if this is a game." Vasth sipped on his coke until it was empty.

"So you guy got anything planned?" Vasth asked 

Kalesh hummed in thought and said "Technically you can. I mean, it's not easy, but weapons -have- broken in the past... But nothing is left behind." He shrugged and added over to the other player "And you aren't wrong, making a greatsword bigger won't make it stronger." He chuckled softly to himself "But things like reach, momentum from the weight, and ability to be knocked out of my hands changes."

With that all covered he turns his attention over to Vasth again "Nope, no plans for today. Just a nice lazy day. That could change, though." He chuckles softly as he considers the possibilities. "I'm not feeling anything in any particular direction."

Edited by Kalesh
minor tweaks