Transedning Planes [OP-F1] (complete)

As we made our way to the Smith's, He and Koumori continued to go at it. Xion, who seemed tried of their feuding already, said that they should battle. I smirked at this comment. Koumori interjected, saying that they could talk this out. I almost broke down laughing. I was barely able to contain myself. 'You two couldn't solve an argument if your lives depended on it. You've tried fighting and talking it out. I've come to accept your arguing as a way of life. On the bright side however, it gives me something to smile at". We continued to walk, until we reached the forge of the Smith. I looked around the shop. It hadn't changed a bit. I took my rapier slightly out of its holster. This was the same place that I had gotten this brilliant piece of work. I smiled and sheathed my sword. Ah memories...

"We fought once already, Xion. He knows how hard I can hit, and he doesn't like it," Mack replied in a low tone as he held open the entry flap of the shop for everyone to enter. Once they were all inside the shop Mack moved behind the display tables and began handing items out, mostly to Annicade. "I assume with a warhammer that you're going to prefer heavy armor and a heavier than standard shield. Most people don't choose warhammer to be speedy fighters," Mack continued, sorting through various weapons.

He considered the clawed warhammer for a moment and then rejected the weapon, laying it aside. With no enhancements, it really wasn't much better than the beginner weapon. Instead, Mack picked up Skullcrusher and handed it over to Annicade. "Try this one, deals bonus damage," he rumbled, passing the silver warhammer with a hammer head on one end and a punching spike on the other over to Annicade to try before moving off to dig through shields. A few moments later, Mack emerged with an enormous tower shield and passed it over to Annicade. "This is Phoenix Wings," he continued, indicating the obsidian colored shield with the image of a Phoenix worked in silver in large relief on it. "That will mitigate some damage dealt by enemies and, grab one of those suits of chainmail if you want it. It has no bonuses, but I don't have much armor laying around at the moment. It'll help once you put some points in heavy armor, assuming that's the build you're going to go with."

Moving back to the shield rack he picked up another shield, this one was a round shield in black and gold with a scorpion worked on its face. "Abalasster," he said, tossing the shield to the other man. "Try this one out, Scorpion's Sting. Has a plus two on the thorns modifier."

Edited by Mack

Xion watched with wide eyes as Mack gave the new player a shield, a warhammer and then suggested that she try on some armour, before telling Abalasster to try out a shield. He was shocked, and angered slightly that the man was giving away perfectly good equipment for free. "I would happily buy some of those from you mack, depending on the exact stats" he said. But then he thought about what Mack had said before going onto armour. 'We fought once already, Xion. He knows how hard I can hit, and he doesn't like it' Xion frowned as he did, the blonde warrior's ego was large to say the least, which was something that Xion didn't like, and debated whether he should show Mack a couple of things with the slicing Maelstrom, eventually deciding on challenging him. 

"You know if you're so strong and hit so hard, try to take me down... you talk like you're a god, lording your stats over Kourmori like you're kayaba's gift to this world. But I haven't seen you prove it" he said, staring at the smith, while he had adventured with Mack, and held the opinion that he was a good person, he still didn't approve of such big headed-ness and overconfidence, if he could prove his claims then Xion would back down, but he wasn't going to let someone practically bully a weaker player like that. 

(OOC sorry mack, just thought that it would be a good plot-related thing) 

Mack had handed me an assortment of weapons and gear to try on. It all looked wonderful. I picked up the War hammer and looked over the design. It was beautifully crafted and weighed the way I expected it too. I took it in my hands and did a practice swing with it. As I was bringing it backwards, I almost hit Abalasster. My face glowed red. "Great" I thought to myself. I almost knocked him in the head. "I think next time I'll practice somewhere more outdoorsy, so I don't hit anyone. I then picked up the shield. It weighted heavier than the war hammer, but I was still able to carry it. It would be excellent in protecting me. I put both of the devices back on the table and thanked Mack for letting look at the weapons. Though, I knew that  wouldn't be able to pay for both the shield and the war hammer with my stock war hammer. I handed my war hammer to Mack and told him to keep the shield and the armor for now. I would come by again with the funds to b the shield and the armor. I then asked Mack ma question. Excuse me Mack. Where does one become a smith. It seems like a great profession". He was so generous to give me the war hammer. I couldn't wait to hit something with this, that wasn't the head of one of the players gathered here right now.

Mack responded to Xion's question by telling him about our last fight, but he missed one part. "Mack I think you forgot to tell Xion the part about me winning that fight." I said with a grin as I looked over at him. I wasn't trying to show off, because I honestly didn't care, I was messing with Mack as usual. I stood and watched as Mack explained the weapons and armor to Annicade as she played with them with an almost child like wonder, and almost decapitating Abalasster in the process. But before things had a chance to settle down, the situation took a turn to something I was all too familiar with. Xion himself challenged Mack to a duel. But the way he asked him made me burst out laughing. Kayaba's gift to the world? Perfect. This guy seemed to get the exact same impression of Mack as I did, and he took it out on him in the same way too. I had a feeling I might grow to like that guy. When I finally stopped chuckling I leaned closer to Abalasster and whispered to him "I've never seen someone who was so good at making enemies off of a first impression." Then I walked over to where the two soon to be fueding men were standing. I looked back and forth at both before offering my two cents "You must like getting to the point. But why don't we help Annicade out before we release all the testosterone"

When we had made it to Mack's shop, he began laying out lots of gear. A war hammer, shield and set of armor for Annicade. He even presented a shield for me. I was standing, examining the gear. That's when it almost hit me. I saw a war hammer almost collide with my face, so I ducked immediately, luckily dodging the weapon. I was about to come with a full retort about why I had just almost become headless. But that was when I saw the expression on Annicade's face. She looked truly embarrassed. I smiled and commented back "It's all well and good. Just next time, swing when your around mobs, not me". I looked at the shield that Mack had slid to me." Scorpion"s sting, eh" I said to myself. "What do you think, Khepri?" My scorpion friend jumped with delight. "How much for the shield, Mack?" That's when Koumori whispered to me. I smiled at the comment. "Yeah, his title should be the Baron of Bad Impressions. But one must say, his crafts are very well done". I watched as Mack and Xion go back and forth. I whispered back to Koumori. "Hey, you think any restaurant around here has popcorn. This event will surely be a blast if it occurs"...   

"Bare fists, no buffs, first to five," Mack said in reply to Xion. He knew very well that the blonde swordsman had better stats than he did and, while Mack was fairly certain that he could dish out damage with at a better rate than Xion could with his weapon. But, he also knew that Xion was built as a tank, which would make it more difficult to take down the other man. A bare fist boxing match, with no armor and no buffs, would be a fair fight and a much more entertaining match to boot, since Xion was unlikely to try and punch the blonde axe-man in the groin, unlike some warriors named Koumori.

"Take the shield and armor too," Mack said, turning his attention back to Annicade while Xion was considering the duel request. "They've been sitting on the tables forever. Items of that quality don't sell well," the Smith continued, shrugging his massive shoulders. "Trade me the warhammer, and we're square."

Xion shook his head " not my style... I want to fight you in a dignified duel as respectful swordsmen, not some fist fight that can be compared to a drunken brawl" he said, as he heard Koumori giggle a little, please that his comments had some comedic effect. " and anyway" he said, leaning in a little closer " it'll give the new player a taste of what PVP is like" he said, before turning to the rest of them. 

"You guys wouldn't mind watching right? I think you guys could learn a great deal from this, especially you Annicade" he said with a smile.

Edited by Xion

"Really?" i said, in response to Mack's offer. Was he really going to give me these items. I nodded and set my war hammer on the table. I affixed the war hammer to my side and put the shield and armor  into my storage. I didn't think that I would need them at this point in time. Mack then gave his fighting preferences to Xion. I sighed. "Why must these two fight" I thought to myself. Xion immediately turned down the preferences and set his own. He said that we would all learn something from this, including myself. I guess that he was right. If dueling was a mechanism in this game, i might as well see how it works...   

(Sorry about the delay. I've been super busy)

"Throw in some lawn chairs and we've got a show" I whispered back to Abalasster in response. It's a good thing he was there to balance off all the aggression that was going around. If not I'd probably end up in the fight too. About the fight, Mack again suggested that it should be a fist fight. Originally I thought it was for fairness' sake but after doing it so many time you start to get the impression he's afraid of swords. Anyway it didn't matter because Xion turned him down. He wanted a real duel. Honestly, I couldn't understand the reason for all of this. Barely anything had happened and a duel was already on the table. After being in one myself, the novelty has worn off. I spoke up to offer my opinion. "Ugh, if you're going to do it make it quick. You're forgetting the girl needs a tutorial, not a sideshow. But my money's on Xion" I added that at the end because, well because Mack. I turned to speak at Annicade, who was still starry-eyed over her new weapon and quietly spoke to her "Sorry about this, I don't think this is what you had in mind" 

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't know if your already to fight Xion Mack, seeing as how Koumori had been to defeat you" I said, teasing the smith. I knew that this would possibly anger both Mack and Koumori. But, I was hoping that it would ease the current mood. "How about, you two go and fight and settle your differences while Koumori and I go show Annicade what combat is about. That way, we save time and we help people out." I was tagging on to what Koumori had said. This was about helping Annicade, not going and clashing...again. However the chips fell, those two would end up fighting. I didn't know Xion too terribly much, but I knew that Mack sure did love his fights...

"Fine, Xion, I know you've been pretty gung ho to fight me for awhile," Mack said in response to the blonde swordsman's challenge. "A half HP duel will suffice, arm and armor yourself however you please," the hulking blonde man replied, swiping the air in front of him with his right index finger to open the menu. Scrolling through his items, he had soon equipped the Angelic Lantern and Angelic Sheath. The armor had barely finished shimmering into existence on his massive form when his bearded axe, Guillotine, appeared in his hands. "It will be instructive for Annicade and, when I win, you can acknowledge me as the superior blacksmith," the blonde man continued with an easy chuckle, raising the cowl of his armor and placing the facemask. "But, we're not doing this in my shop."

Xion frowned and gritted his teeth "This is not about who is the better craftsman Mack...far from it" he said, the tank almost growling as he said that. Mack, only bloody mack could make this about craftsmanship! he thought, as he struggled to control his anger. "Fine...not in your shop...in the main square...then all shall see your arrogance" he said, glaring at the hulking blonde.

It was a conflicting decision to make. Do I watch an awesome brawl between to warriors or do I go and train with the two others? I wanted to see this fight, but it wouldn't benefit me nearly as much if I would go and train with the two others. I decided to make a decision. "Why don't the two of you two fight out in the field while Koumori and Abalasster go and train me? Would that be ok?" This way I would have the best of both worlds. I would be able to kill both birds with one stone.

I was glad Annicade had some sense. I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to simply watch the fight, but it would be much better for all of us if she chose not to. Before Mack or Xion had a chance to offer a rebuttal, I quickly spoke up. "Right lets do that. We'll get the most done that way." I leaned over to Annicade and whispered to her. "Thanks for speaking up, having to watch those two would be pretty pointless. But if you need any breaks you can still sneak a peek." Time to get out of there quickly. "Alright guys lets go." I walked over to the flap of the tent and exited, holding it open for the others to pass through. Even though I didn't want to watch the fight, I really wanted Mack to lose. Anything to knock his ego down a few pegs. Plus getting away from those two and their different kind of hostility would be better for the rest of us. Hopefully Abalasster and I were good teachers though. 

"Alright, now thats settled, off to the fields". i proclaimed. Koumori opened up the flap on the tent and we were off. "I know a spot that has mixed levels of enemies. We should go there". i lead the group to the spot i had suggested. Luckily for Mack and Xion, the only people that would see the loser would be us. I drew my rapier. Alright Annicade,First, lets discuss combat. You may or may not know that your health is 2 times you level plus 3. So for you, it's 9. Now, I hope that you put your first skill into your weapon, because it will help you out a bit. Now, I will commence the first fight and you can model after me". I looked around and saw a boar that looked like it could be taken down in one strike

ID: 30239

BD: 9

Boar 0/2

I looked back to Annicade with a smile. "Its that easy..." 

Edited by Abalasster

OOC: Exit thread for Mack and Xion here, I think, since you guys are going a hunting. If that works for everyone.

"You've got fire, I like that," Mack said in a somewhat more booming vocal tone than the one he usually used. He clapped Xion on the back in a comradely manner and made a mental note to remember the blonde swordsman if ever he should decide to form a Guild. "It looks as if it's going to be just you and me engaging in this duel. Lead the way," Mack said, moving to the tent flap entrance and holding it open for Xion so he could exit the shop and lead the way to the duel location he had in mind. "Care to place a little wager on the fight, Xion? I'm open to suggestions."