Transedning Planes [OP-F1] (complete)

It had been about three hours after the Red figure had given his speech, and it filled me with both questions and excitement. I couldn't believe it. I had always wanted to be in a video game, but now there was another factor add. That was death. Most new video games I play, I die a lot in the beginning, trying to adjust to everything that is new to me. But now, I don't have that luxury. While everyone else had gone mad and ran looking for some one to team up with, I simply move out of the way of the crowd and began to think to myself. "Why would someone do something like this? What would they gain from the slaughter of thousands of people?" I couldn't keep on thinking for long. I was a new person in this world and I had no clue about how most of this stuff worked. I decided to move toward another district of the town. Before I entered the district, I was able to catch a glimpse of the sign that named the district, "Market district" 

Edited by Annicade

I was shopping around the markets of the town of beginnings looking for random stuff or maybe something to eat. I already had a weapon and I didn't need any gear, so I was almost window shopping in a way. It's not like the stuff ever changed here though. Most of the places here were just NPC stalls. Although I will admit, the fruit they had tasted pretty good. I also heard there was this tree that dropped a rare Apple only a few times a day. Maybe I should go and look for that, could be fun. As I was walking along one of the larger streets I saw a girl looking around aimlessly. I'd say she was lost in her thoughts if she wasn't literally lost. It seemed like no one was paying her any attention, so it looked like it was up to me to do something. With a sign, I stuck my hands in my pockets and walked over to the girl. As I got closer I could tell that she was a little younger than me, but not that much. And I could tell by the look on her face that she was not all to happy. I walked up to her and spoke "Is everything alright? You look a little lost"

"I'm alright" I replied to the stranger that had approached me. "I'm just a bit confused, and a little lost. This whole situation is really strange don't you think?" I looked at this stranger. His weapon was one of magnificence. I then began to kick myself. It was rude that I had yet to introduce my self. "I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself. The names Annicade". I looked around and behind the stranger at the shops and stalls. This place was really awe inspiring. There were just too many shops to count. I then began to speak again. "Excuse me, but you seem to know a little more than I do. Would you mind showing me around. After that, I won't bother you anymore". Getting to know the place that I would inhabit was on the top of my priorities list.  

I was sitting in on some boxes, with my feet perched up on my cart. I had been a slow day for business. Khepri, my scorpion companion was scurrying around on my cart. I began to fall asleep, that was until I saw a player rush into the market. She was obviously new. One could tell this by her equipment. Either that or she was really fond of her starting gear. That's when a face I knew approached her. I was too face from them to hear the conversation, but I thought that I might as well join in. I had nothing better to do, with business being terrible and what not. I locked what items I had for sale in their glass containers. I then extended my hand for Khepri to climb onto. I then ran to where the two were positioned... 

She seemed a little surprised by my approach, but still relieved I imagined. I listened to what she had to say before speaking up again. "Yeah, you could say that it's strange." I said as I examined her again. She was still wearing her starting gear so I assumed she was a new player. Plus she was ogling my sword, which was admittedly strange. She asked if I could show her around the place so that she could get familiar with it. I of course wanted to help her out, but at the same time that seemed like a big detour. No that's not nice I thought as I shook that out of my head. I should definitely help her. I took my hands out of my pocket and introduced myself "I'm Koumori, nice to meet you. So, what is it you want to see?" Before she could offer an answer I heard footsteps fast approaching from behind me. I turned my head to look and saw a familiar face running towards us. It seemed like he had seen the girl in distress and was coming to see what was wrong. Is that how we met the first time? I put my hand up into the air and held it for a stationary "wave". "Hey Abalasster"

OOC: Why? Because Koumori, that's why. :) Also, my turn to be the bad cop. :) Feel free to visit "The Wandering Forge" or not, my feelings won't be hurt either way.

"Koumori has a wicked tongue, if he's not careful someone may cut it from his mouth," a low, but still carrying, voice rumbled from beneath the branches of one of the nearby Oak Trees that lined the main avenue of the Market District. Next to the man a two-handed bearded axe was planted in the paving stones of the street by its iron butt cap and, at the blonde's feet, a grizzly cub was gnawing on a loaf of bread and completely disengaged from everything going on around it. "I also don't know who made that... is it a sword, Koumori? It looks like a toy," the blacksmith continued having noticed the girl eyeing the other kid's weapon, narrowing his grey eyes slightly in the direction of the brown-haired boy as Abalasster came hurrying up. 

"If you want a real weapon, swing by my shop. Koumori knows where it is, so does Abalasster," Mack said, pointing first at the brown haired kid and then at the silver-haired swordsman that was approaching. "You trade me your beginning weapon, I trade you something much better." With that the hulking axe-man swung Guillotine up from the ground and sheathed it at his back before reaching down and plucking up Chewie and placing the bear cub on his shoulders and wandering off down the street in the direction of his shop before Koumori could offer back a retort.

"Hey Koumori" I said back to my friend. "What brings you to the market district?" I quickly disregarded this question and turned my attention to the new player. She had chosen the war hammer. This wasn't an odd choice of weapon but was more like an uncommon weapon to see. To me it seemed as if most people chose a sword or dagger. But this wasn't important. "Hello Ma'am" I said to the new player. "Allow me to introduce my self. I am Abalasster, cart salesmen". I wanted to make introductions as calm and as non hostile as possible. He thought back when he had just first got into this game and how scary it was. She was probably going through the same exact thing... 

I smiled at what the player had said. He must really take pride in that cart of his. " My name is Annicade. As you can see, i'm pretty new to this whole concept".  I then heard a voice come from behind. I turned to see a man near a giant oak tree. He commented on Koumori's behavior. It seemed to me that these two knew each other. Not in the friendly though. They seemed more like rivals. I then noticed the bear gnawing on a loaf of bread at the strangers feet. It was one of the most adorable sights I ad seen. The axe that the stranger had also caught my eye. It was brilliantly crafted. The man commented on how Koumori's sword wasn't up to parixis with what the stranger classified as a "sword". I did have to agree that the stranger's axe put Koumori's sword to shame, but Koumori had been nice to me so far, so I didn't want to offend him. "It's a good enough sword" I said to the stranger. "It just needs some...adjustments". The stranger then gave me the offer to trade in my beginning weapon for something better. "I may take you up on that offer, mister". Before he was out of hearing range, I called to this stranger "excuse me sir, what is you name".

Xion had seen the group talking for a good few minutes now, initially he was going to stay out of it, but then he heard mack utter the words 'It looks like a toy'. Practically fuming, Xion walked over to the group, his eyes staring directly at Mack. "Mack I'll have you know that sword is a perfect item, with a +2 Damage modifier and +1 Accuracy modifier, crafted by yours truly, now if you didn't shove your axe in everybody's face then you would be able to appreciate the blades that other's wield" he said, staring the burly man down, he was taller than Xion by a great deal, but he knew that he wouldn't strike him, as if he did the axe wielder wouldn't last long. 

Xion then realised that there was a new player among them. "Ah, where are my manners?" he said, as he turned to the girl. "My name is Xion, and you are?" he asked, forcing a smile. 

Abalasster ran over and introduced himself to Annicade. He was telling her something about his cart when HE showed up. Off in the distance I heard an all too familiar voice blast off an insult at me. I looked over to the tree where the voice originated and saw Mack and his dumb bear walking toward us. Under my breath I muttered to myself "Oh dear God" in an extremely aggravated voice. I did not feel like dealing with him. I looked back up at him and put my smile back on my face. If I was gonna do it I was gonna do it right. "You know Mack a sword doesn't have to be as big as your body to be good. For all we know that axe of yours could be all show and no substance." I scoffed a little bit when the girl said my sword could use some "adjustments". She knew I was helping her voluntarily right? Mack came over and offered to trade Annicade a new weapon, just like before. Either he was the most generous person in the game or the crappiest businessman I had ever seen. I put my hands on my hips to launch another barrage. "You're here for 5 seconds and you're already trying to corrupt our youth. You should be careful of this guy, all he's gonna do is butter you up" I added as I looked at Annicade. What could've been a fine experience with just Abalasster and I helping immediately turned into a cluster fu....I probably shouldn't say that. Who curses anymore anyway?

Its funny how things escalate so fast. One day your city is standing and the next it is nothing put rubble. This is basically what was happening around me. I watched as the titans clashed once more, as Mack had revealed himself to us. "Ah, good day Mack" I called to the familiar face. After a few insult and hollow statements were said about things like Koumori's sword, another person introduced himself to the group. He turned out to be Koumori's supplier. He got into Mack about insulting his Handiwork. I just stood there and smiled. "Old habits die hard, don't they gentlemen". This was directed towards both Koumori and Mack. These two were always arguing. "Brilliant way to start introductions my friends. This reminds me of a time not too long ago". I knew that the two would get what I was talking about. This was an attempt that I made hoping to at least postpone the argument. I have learned from experience that is all you can do with these two.     

Mack had almost made his escape down the street and back to his shop when he was stopped by Xion. Apparently, the other blonde warrior was upset about the hulking blonde's comments about the blade being wielded by Koumori. "No disrespect is intended for you," the big man said in a low tone so that only Xion would hear his words. "Only for Koumori, coincidentally, I'd be more careful about who I provided gear to. Allow me to clarify," the smith continued. He had no desire to fight Xion, whom he had partied with before, though Xion was no longer at such a high level that a contest between them would be laughably one sided.

"I'm Mack, as Abalasster has said," the smith said, inclining his head in the direction of the warhammer wielding girl. "I said that the blade looks the part of a toy is because I assumed that, surely, an immature boy such as Koumori wouldn't have more than a Nerf sword. Apologies to the smith, I see now it is only the blade's wielder that is a joke, not the weapon itself," the blonde man continued, inclining his head in Xion's direction, hoping that would mollify the other man.

"Ask Rose, or Abalasster or Beoreson for that matter, if I've asked them for anything in return for their weapons. I admit, not all of them received free weapons but all got significant discounted prices. Speaking of weapons and armor, I should have a shield for you later this week Abalasster. Something more suitable to your fighting style than Phoenix Wings," the large warrior said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Xion shook his head "Apologies, although I don't get what you mean. As far as I know Koumori is a decent man. Ah, but I'm guessing this is some personal feud?" he said, with a slight chuckle as Mack and Koumori bickered. "Also I don't tend to do discounts Mack, I give my customers my best work, it's only fair that they pay the full price" he said, before nodding towards the blade that Koumori had. "Took me bloody ages that thing..." he said, remembering that he had a few orders to complete, but that was for another day. 

I was filled with excitement. I could be getting a new weapon, right off the bat. "Well, Mack" I began. Could you take us to your shop so we can make this exchange. I had no clue how this would affect anyone else. It appeared as if Koumori would like this too much, seeing as how he and Mack were both rivals. I quickly added to my statement by saying " if everyone else wants to that is". I didn't want to upset any of these new people. I was new to this and getting on anyone's nerves was not ideal for me. But I felt as if I needed a new weapon. The standard one didn't seem like it would back to much of a punch.

Before Mack could offer any sort of retort Xion suddenly appeared. What a coincidence. The man who crafted my "toy" sword was here to defend it for me. His ears must've been burning. He gave Mack and ear full while Annicade was getting excited over his off to give her a weapon. I couldn't blame her for wanting to take it of course, who wouldn't want a free weapon? She offered to let us stay behind while she went but I wasn't going to let that slide. We were supposed to be showing her the ropes not building her arsenal so she could go all gung-ho and get herself killed. I was sure Abalasster would agree with me and stay with her. Besides, above anything else, I wanted to keep an eye on Mack. "That's fine, we'll go too. I already promised to show you around." I then held up my hand to cover one side of my face and leaned in to whisper to her while pointing to Mack with my free hand, "Besides I don't want to leave you alone with that guy." Since I knew where his shop was I began walking in that direction. Mack was still standing and talking quietly with Xion, but I could still hear what Mack was saying at least. As I passed by a snidely said "I don't need a high listening skill to hear your heavy handed comments. It's not nice to call someone a joke" And with that it seemed we were off to his shop

Koumori seemed very protective of our new member. It was either that or he still didn't trust Mack. However, I could see where he was coming from. He and Mack hadn't really gotten along very well, every since that faithful first day that we all meet, in the lonely alley. I knew that I would need to stop dwelling on the past and look towards the future. It seemed like Mack had his handful of rivals, as he and Xion continued to go at it. Though, this argument went on far less than any arguments between Koumori and the Smith. "Well", I began, extending out my arms, "I guess we are off towards the Smith's smith. I motioned for Annicade to get in front of me. She was new and I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to be left behind... 

"My shop is at the far end of the district, in a tent," Mack said in answer to Annicade's question. Since it seemed that everyone was going to be heading off for his shop, or at least some of the members of the group were, it would be wise to go with them. After all, it was difficult to purchase, or receive for free, items from a shop with an absent owner/operator. "And yes, a personal feud. Koumori is a chihuahua," the hulking blonde continued, speaking the last line loud enough for everyone in the group to hear. "Small and yappy, unable to walk his talk."

"You're welcome to come too," Mack said, slightly over his shoulder, to Xion as he began to accompany the group down the street in the direction of the shop. "The Wandering Forge isn't much on the outside, but it's got quality where it counts."

Xion nodded "It would seem that we have a lot in common mack" he said with a slight chuckle, before following the rest of the group towards Mack's smithy. As they walked he noticed that Koumori and Mack would occasionally shoot each other evil glares, maybe mumble something under their breathe as they did. Xion sighed as he saw this trend continue "Just fight already you two, honestly if you can't settle this with words then settle it with blades" he said, as they neared the wandering forge. 

As they eventually came to the forge Xion was pleasantly surprised, the forge wasn't that different from his, although it was evident that Mack spent more time on his smithy than Xion, who had been training hard on the levels above. "Nice place..." he said.  

And like that, we were off to Mack's shop. Though I could sense tension in the group,m between multiple members. Koumori and Mack didn't seem to get along. Had something occurred in their pasts to make them want to fight each other. I shrugged it off. Whatever it was, I was going to remain impartial. I didn't want to make enemies this early into my experience. This was a life or death situation and I still had to learn the ropes. If I was to end up upsetting anyone of these people, they could end up leaving me for dead. I knew if I did have any fighting experience before I parted a with this group, I would more then likely die very early into this death game. We eventually made it to Macks shop. I wanted this new weapon so badly.

(Really sorry about the late response. I never got a notification that Annicade posted so I didn't know it was my turn)

We began walking towards the shop as Mack and I continued to look sourly at each other. Xion caught onto this and said that we should fight it out instead. Seriously? Again with this? Why did people always jump straight to duels after disagreements? It was honestly ridiculous. I turned my head to give him my answer. "No. Everything doesn't need to be solved with a sword. We're perfectly fine talking it out, I'm not fighting him again" We quickly made it to Mack's shop and we all entered. Annicade had a fascinated and impatient look on her face. I could tell she really wanted that weapon. Xion looked equally impressed, he was a blacksmith too so he was probably examining the handywork. It was pretty quite so it seemed like a good time for me to put in my new theory...or maybe not. I didn't want to make Annicade annoyed with me.