[PP - F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest { Akua & Kirito }

Akua stared blankly at this "Kirito" dude, sending over a party invite. She saw his name color, but she had been learning to "trust" anyone really. This trust was of course not genuine, but fair enough to survive. She still had her guard up at all times, and she learned that the rumor-had-it that not all green names where safe to go either. Never would she fully trust anyone, not now.

But he seemed well meaning, and she was fast enough to escape and although she wasn't string enough to fight a level twenty one, she felt fine. Akua stared, with her harsh blue eyes, dead at him. "So, sounds like we've got a quest to beat? And thanks for letting me know about it," she stated, somewhat halfheartedly.

The Black Swordsman, Kirito, sat on a bench stretching his arms out as he barely listened to what the girl was saying. He stood up and placed his left hand on his right shoulder and started winding up his arm to release some if the tenseness he built up. He gave her a carefree smile while he accepted her invite. "No problem. Though this quest can be beat by a mere child. Anyways we should probably get going. It's kinda a long walk." he said casually.

Walking off hoping she was following him he looked up at the beautiful sky and smiled as a nice sized breeze blew by and blew his all black attire making his long tench coat blow. Man the wind feels great. A nap would be good right now. He thought to himself.

She gave a breif nod. "Aaalright," she shrugged, and began on her way. She wondered what he had meant. Weren't half of SAO's players bound to be "mere children?" She highly doubted everyone was the recommended thirteen or older. Unless he meant stupid, little NPC children. Then he might have a point.

"Oh, wait," she stated, halting abruptly. She honestly didn't know which way to go. If she did, she would have been halfway there by now, metaphorically. However, Akua noted, Kirito seemed to know alot about this place aswell as where ey were heading. "Where're we going? And how'd'ya know so much?"

Kirito, sticking both his hands in each pocket while raising his left eyebrow at the girls awkward response. It was as if she dragged out the "a" in "alright". Not really paying it any attention he heard her suddenly say wait. He stopped and looked back at her and sighs.

"Huh? Were going to complete the quest. Just try to keep up with me because I know the way. I only know so much because I'm a Beta Tester. I'm a "Beater"." he smirked then suddenly caught a cold chill as he continued to walk again. At the moment they were barely away from the town. They were still walking on the little cobblestone path. Though as they traveled the trees started to look different and the climate.

At his sudden announcement of being the legendary Beater, the normally cold Akua couldn't contain a childlike smile. Her right little fang was showing this time. She found it curious how people rarely commented on her tiny, pointy teeth, or how they took turns randomly showing when she was either smiling or mad.

Akua clasped her hands together, suddenly excited. "Wow! You're the Beater? I thought you where a myth, a fairy tale! I thought you where just... I don't know!" she chirped, bouncing up and down. And she was doing a quest with him? The Beater? There could be so much she could learn!

Suddenly realizing how she was acting, she shook her head, awkwardly calming down. "Eugh, I'm sorry about that annoying burst of energy," she snapped, stomping her foot. Finally, she continued after Kirito again, not without glancing around her every so often.

She noted the subtle changes, and nodded slowly. Akua knew this quest needed to be completed, no rhyme intended. Although it was all fake, somehow, her feet softly clicked every so often on the base. The noise could trick any good ear for real. Even though it was fake it could trick anyone's eye for reality. And although creepy and dangerous, hellish and horrifying, she couldn't help but indulge in the beauty of the scenery and sounds every so often.

The young male's eyes widen when the female before him started to act as if she's overly excited like a huge popular new boy band was coming together. He rubbed the back of his neck once he saw the female's small cute little fangs. It was kinda shocking to see the sharp little teeth to be honest. Kinda made me uneasy.

This chick was totally dull and dry before and bows she's excited and saying she thought I was a myth? It was pretty obvious considering I'm wearing all black everything. Hence why they call me "The Black Swordsman". He smiled at her. "Yes, but calm down. It's not like I'm some celebrity or something. In fact I'm kinda hated because I'm the Beater. " he shrugged and continued to walk toward their destination.

Going through his HUD he scrolled around his inventory and suddenly clicked on one of his items which made to pieces of bread appear in his hand. He handed one to Akua and handed her a jar of cream before putting some in his own bread. "You should try that on the bread. It's pretty amazing. I eat it once a day at least." he said casually though it was true.

{ LOLLL IDK why that made me laugh so much xD }

Noticing Kirito's unease, assumedly at her teeth, she stifled a small chuckle. "You act like ya've never seen any anime! Wait, don't tell me you HAVEN'T?" Akua laughed, unable to stifle it any longer. "Unless yo-yo-you thought that was just for design and people didn't honestly have teeth like this?" she wondered, calming down. "And I'm sorry, I'm just guessin' cause alot of people react like that when I smile."

She sighed, shaking her head. "Oi, ya' don't get my style yet kid? Well that's okay, you will soon," Akua stated, chewing on a piece of bread now between sentances. Void the fact she called an older person "kid," Akua was focusing on something more important. The "peace of bread." ...Yeah, that pun got old yet again.

Noting now that Kirito had been the one to hand food to her, and not the other way around, Akua shrugged. Perhaps it was customary, or perhaps it really was that this dude shared her style. Whatever it was, they'd probably work well together...probably.

He sighed, looking over at her and giving her the most dull look ever as if she just said the most idiotic thing ever. Though he's always given people that kinda look without really meaning any harm. If anything it's just him teasing, which he seem to enjoy doing. "I've seen anime and I know what your talking about. I just don't watch it as much as you I'm assuming cause not even me would want to notice every single thing that goes on in an anime. Especially teeth things. Either way it's not like I didn't like them or anything. So don't worry." he smiled.

"I'm the kid? Do I get your style? Meh, not really but I guess I can dig it as long as you can act normal sometimes." he said in a teasing like manner while they began to enter the forest. He took a bite of the bread covered with cream and without realizing it, he had a little bit of the cream on the side of his mouth.

What? She didn't hold her toung, nomatter how obvious, dumb, or rude something was. They where her opinions; damn straight people should hear them. If they bit their toungs that was their problem, not hers. It was a nice way to live, albeit a misunderstood way.

He seemed to, jokingly atleast, have the capacity to be mean; her type of person, if he wasn'f always so blatently nice afterwards. She gave a small chuckle. "Oi, I like ya' kid. I've the feeling we'll work together well," she proclaimed, offering a double fanged smile. "Just don't get on m' nerves and we're cool."

Akua began following at a more even pace, and she glaned around the mouth of the forest. "What does what we're looking for look like, anyways?" she inquired, feeling it a neccessary knowledge.

Noticing the sudden quietness after the little teasing he did to her he felt tense. Was that a horrible thing to say or what? Or are females way too sensitive. Either way I should probably apologize. Meh. He thought to himself while looking over at her and right as he was about to apologize she interrupted him and seemed to have returned to her normal talkative self. But, that kid thing is such a pain. He thought while rubbing his index finger against his cheek.

"Your not too bad yourself. Well, once you get over the fact that your calling a sixteen year old a kid, your okay I suppose. There's no feeling about it, we'll work together fine. " he said teasingly but ending his comment off with a hint of confidence. "Get on your nerves? Trust me, that's the last thing I want to do. Besides it's not my style." he chuckled slightly.

Hearing her question he remembered he totally forgot to explain the "thing" their looking for. He placed his hand on his chin and smirked at her. "It's the Little Nepent. It's a low-level plant monster found in the 1st floor of Aincrad. It'll drop an item we need which is the Little Nepent's Ovule. Once that's over then we've completed the quest pretty much. You should obtain a Anneal blade once we return the Ovule to a old woman near this forest." he explained.

Akua thought it over a bit. "Alright, cool," she shrugged. What a funny name. It made it sound like the monsters where acctually adament creatures. A plant monster? Those existed? Apparently so, she figured. "What does this monster look like, anyways?" she questioned, tilting her head.

Kirito, shrugged at the thought of such a weak monster with such a horrific appearance that's you think it would be stronger. "Lets see if I can explain this as easy as possible. First of all, it stands a meter and a half tall. It consists mostly of a wide range of roots that helps it move easy. It has two arms that are like vines with pointed leaves attached to each side of its body, just above the roots. The center of its head holds a wide red mouth with viscous liquids dripping out of it. "

He explained while nodding his head at her. He smiled then let out a chuckle. "You'd think something like that is strong but it's only a level three. Meh." he said casually.

She tried not to chuckle again. Was that a ...a joke...? That monster sure sounded... crazy, let's say, to Akua. "Ooookay, that sounds easy enough. Even I'm higher than level three. Tch!" she waved a random throwing pick around at this.

"Hey, Kirito? Can these be used as toothpicks?" she wondered randomly, curiously looking at the tine metal weapon. It was around the right size, so... Why not? Would it lower your HP? She didn't even use toothpicks; Akua was just that naturally curious, and when she was bored it was hard for her to contain.

"You know, I don't get why people hate you. It's illogical really. First, you could murder them in a second and you're practically as experienced as the owner of this damn Hell," she admitted her opinions. "Third, you know so much about this game and could be the key to our escape. I mean you know so much; and you share alot of it. Fourth, if people wheren't such * idiots, maybe they'd realize what the definition of "beater" is. I mean it's logical, as if the word combination were written in the stars. That and maybe they'd acctually learn from ya'."

Kirito chuckled at her reaction and noticed she was waving around a weird looking toothpick. Kirito rubbed the back of his neck and wondered if you could actually use that as a toothpick. "To be honest I never really thought about that. Though I doubt I would actually use that. Heh" after answering her questions one after another he noticed she started stated her opinion about me. It was actually rather embarrassing since people never really talked about me like she did. Kirito blushed and looked away nervously. "Y-you really think so? I wouldn't really murder people though. I'm only orange cause a play killer attacked my friend so I couldn't bare losing my friend because of them. Though it's true about me being experienced but if love to share that with everyone so they'll survive. Thank you s-so much Akua. Your really awesome, ya know that?" he said nervously with a smile.

She joked back, tilting her head. "I know I am. Greatness takes no vacation, peasant!" Of course, this was all said in jest; only an egotistical * would say that not with a joking tone. She might be rude, cold, and mean at times, but Akua was not egotistical. Right? That's what she thought. She didn't think all that highly of herself, she just didn't think lowly of herself, at all.

She had been strolling a mere moment longer, when her blue optics flashed in realization. She hadn't shown Aisu to Kirito! How could she forget her dear friend? "Wait a moment, Kirito!!" Akua called out, strolling a few meters back. "Ai-tama! Come here, Aisu!" she chirped, smiling as the dark blue snow leopard approached.

Padding back over, the large cat in toe, she placed her hand upon the mystical felidae's head. "Kirito, meet Aisu. Sh'e my buddy!" she smiled, showing off her left fang this time. Aisu's bright blue optics looked up at Akua, and the snow leopard spoke to her.

"And who is...?"

"This is Kirito, Ai-chama."

"Ah, okay. Tell him I say hi, okay?"

"Aisu-tan says hi, Kirito. She wanted me to say," Akua explained, smiling.

"Greatness? Peasant? You talk pretty high and mighty for someone with a level like that. That's not too shabby." he teased her once more knowing he didn't mind her slight rudeness and Kirito hardly ever pays attention to things such as that.

As we continued walking he heard Akua call out to him. Before turning around Kirito placed his hand on his hip and smirked. "Whats wrong? You given up already?" he said on a joking manner before turning around to witness the girls familiar. It was a cool dark blue snow leopard.

Kirito crouched down slightly and patted Aisu. "It's nice to meet you. Just like Akua said, I'm Kirito. Your a really pretty familiar." he said politely.

• 4 weeks later...

The snow leopard nodded as if in thanks, and Akua gave the slightest of smiles. "Wellll I guess we should go now?" she suggested nonchallantly, and gave a shrug. Honestly the blue haired girl had not a clue if this monster would be difficult. If she was a higher level than it it couldn't be, right? She had only ever fought things level one or two.

{ low muse and late reply...sorry qwq }