[PP-F4] Avalanche - Quest - COMPLETE!!

Mack stood still and statuesque in Snowfrost Town, a gentle snow raining from the sky above to blanket the crimson and gold cloak of the Crimson Blades with a soft dusting of white powder. The massive blonde warrior had planted the iron butt cap of his two-handed bearded axe, Guillotine, in the snow and he was leaning on the top part of the weapon's head while he waited on the arrival of the second person that would be handling this mission with him. Truth be told, Mack was reasonably certain that he was capable of handling a fourth floor field boss with a mere fifty health points all by himself. However, given that the man he was meeting, Xion, was currently the Seneschal and second in command of the Crimson Blades, it was simply good guild policy for Mack to work together with Xion since it would be important for the two of them to be able to work as one solid command unit rather than constantly bickering and contradicting each others orders.

Edited by Mack

Xion sighed as he walked up to the teleport gate on floor one, his red and golden Guild cloak drawing more than a few strange looks as he reached the glowing blue portal. Mack, the guild leader had asked him to assist with the <<Avalanche>> field boss, which Xion was more than happy to do. "Teleport: Snowfrost!" he said before disappearing in a brilliant blue glow as he re-appeared in the snowy wonderland that was floor four. With a smile, the player looked around for the hulking warrior, soon finding him in the same red and gold cloak. "Mack..." he said as he approached the man, his face still hidden by the hood. "I heard that a certain crazy axe wielder was in need of a tank" he said with a slight chuckle as he watched his breath condense into small clouds of carbon dioxide in front of him. 

"A tank is always useful," the blonde behemoth replied, drawing back the crimson hood of the guild cloak along with the white hood that was part of his suit of armor, the Angelic Sheath. "Though, from what I've heard of Avalanche, it's not that impressive of a boss for someone with the strength that either one of the two of us possesses," the smith continued in a low rumbled, his own breath fogging the chilly air in front of him. "However, it should be a perfectly acceptable mission to complete for the two of us to get used to working together with one another on a more personal level. Obviously, we have quested together before, but always in parties larger than this. In order to form an effective leadership team that will maximize the potential of ourselves, the Blades, and the guild's individual members we must be able to function as a single leadership unit rather than a fractured one that issues contradictory orders." Having said his piece, Mack hefted Guillotine from the snow and settled the weapon over his shoulder as he headed for the gates of the town.

Xion nodded as he walked alongside the warrior "That is true...a guild can be extremely strong, but with a fractured and broken leadership, it will achieve nothing" he said as he mused over the fact that he would be going on more adventures like this with Mack as time went on, being the second in command he had to trust and understand his leader like no other in the guild. They continued to walk, and before long they were in the forests of floor four, where Xion had last fought Avalanche. "I remember the first time that I defeated this boss... Tristan Delaney, a fronline tank had been helping me, of course I was nowhere near as powerful as I am now, but nevertheless it is a pleasant memory" he said with a smile on his face as he wondered what the giant of a man was doing now, probably preparing for the next floor boss. 

"Delaney, I've heard that name but I've not met the man," Mack replied in a low tone as they entered the area where Avalanche was known to spawn. "He would be a good ally for the guild to have, even if he wasn't interested in personally joining with players so far below his own level. You think a meeting could be arranged," Mack asked, speaking over his shoulder to Xion. Before Xion could respond, however, there was an audible snap in the air, like the sound of water flash freezing, and the temperature immediately lowered by a noticeable amount as frigid winds picked up from the northwest. A shimmering of ice molecules formed in the air and the crystalline form of the Field Boss materialized.

ID: 28767
BD: 8 (7+1)
MD: 9
Mack: 40/42 (-2 Dam., Mit. 2) - Hate: 1
Xion: 49/49
Avalanche: 44/50 (-6 Dam.)

"You know what to do," Mack called, issuing the only order he thought he needed to issue to Xion, given their previous history from working together in the past. As Avalanche was still in the process of completely forming Mack charged forward, Guillotine held at the ready. Just as the ice elemental finished forming and bellowed its cry of challenge Mack swung Guillotine in an overhanded tomahawk chop, drilling the blade of the weapon deep into Avalnache's face. The monster, for its part, hardly flinched, but it did rear back one of its hands and deliver a stinging backhanded blow that knocked the blonde axe man backwards several feet to skid on his back through the snow.

Xion nodded as the Slicing Maelstrom and Beast Aegis materialised in his hands. The blonde warrior then charged in front of Mack as he stared the towering ice elemental down. "We meet again..." he said with a grin before inhaling deeply, before letting out a deafening, bestial <<Howl>>. As he did the boss' eyes seemed to visibly flash with anger as it's focus snapped to Xion. The player grinned as his <<Howl>> had it's desired effect. "Mack I need some ice cubes for a guild party, mind making some?" he said jokingly, as he assumed a defensive stance, his shield protecting his upper body, while his sword was at his side, ready to block lower body attacks. 

Xion (49/49) [HATE: 3] 

Mack (40/42) [HATE: 1] 

Avalanche (44/50)

ID: 28772
BD: 6 (4+1 Charm+1 Concentration) - Begin Cool Down
MD: 8
Mack: 40/42 (Hate: 2)
Xion: 47/49 (Hate: 3)
Avalanche: 36/50 (-6 Dam., -2 Thorns) - Forgot the Thorns Damage last round

The avalanche elemental shook the hand that it had used to backhand the blonde axe man as Mack came to a sliding stop in the snow, almost as if something had stung it back when it had backhanded the scarlet cloaked warrior. As Mack was picking himself up from his place in the snow, Xion rushed forward and unleashed a howl that caused Avalanche to snap its attention over to the swordsman as he held on to his shield. "We really need to get you a better shield, or some armor like mine," Mack called to Xion as the last echoes of the man's howl died away. With Avalanche completely focused on Xion, it was an easy enough matter for Mack to flank the boss to one side. As Mack began a horizontal slashing attack with Guillotine, Avalanche lunged forward and slammed an icy fist into the shield that Xion was using to defend himself, causing the tank to slide backward about a foot or so in the snow. However, the bearded blade of Guillotine still managed to make just enough contact with the side of the elemental that it whittled away some more of the creature's health.

ID: 28789

BD: 10 (7 DMG) [PAR for 1 turn] 

Xion grunted as he fought against the force of Avalanche's blow, the boss was strong, stronger than many men, but the tank's high strength levels prevailed as he finally pushed the icy fist off of him. "I know I need better armour, but all of my good crafts have been going to clients, and I never have time to make any for myself" he said as he watched the ice golem wind up another attack. The tank grinned before charging towards the boss, as the Slicing Maelstorm seemed to glow with electricity. As Avalanche went to strike the tank, he dodged before turning and embedding his blade into the side of the giant's leg, as electricity surged from the blade to the boss, causing it to become limp and fall to the ground with a deafening crash. Xion smiled as he looked upon the now powerless boss, before turning to Mack and walking towards him "Free shot" he said with a grin. 

Mack: 40/42 (Hate: 2)
Xion: 47/49 (Hate: 6)
Avalanche: 29/50 [PAR for 1 Turn] 

ID: 28794
BD: 5 (4+1)
LD: 15
Mack: 40/42
Xion: 47/49
Avalanche: 29/50

"Hardly seems fair," Mack rumbled as he moved a few feet closer towards the paralyzed boss. "Especially since it's a low-level boss," he continued, raising Guillotine high above his head to bury it in the chest of the elemental boss. It may not have been all that sporting, but that didn't mean that the hulking blonde axe-man wasn't going to take full advantage of the opening. Mack swung the axe through the air in a vicious overhanded chop and the blade buried itself in the snow next to the beast because the random number gods had betrayed him. Swearing angrily, the giant blonde man kicked the boss in the ribs, which did no damage and then, while Avalanche was still paralyzed Mack moved to the nearest tree, about five feet from the boss and swung Guillotine into it in anger. Naturally, there was a spray of wood chips and a piece of crafting lumber separated itself from the tree.

"Now you give me a good number," the blonde man growled, snatching up the crafting material and then turning around and going back to Avalanche to kick the boss several times in the head, which again did no damage but was extremely gratifying.

REWARDS:

1 Mat

ID: 28806

BD: 8 (5 DMG)

CD: 12 (+2 HP

Xion couldn't help but chuckle as he watched the burly warrior kick the fallen boss in frustration. "I would make a joke here but that's just cruel" he said with a smile before he noticed that he boss was starting to stir. "Crap, the paralysis is starting to wear off..." he said before he ran towards the boss, raising his sword in an almost ceremonial manner before driving it into the ice elemental, dealing a good amount of damage as he watched it's HP drop a chunk. The blonde then backed off, assuming his usual defensive stance. "This is too easy..." he said. 

Mack: 40/42 [HATE: 2]
Xion: 49/49 [HATE: 7) 
Avalanche: 24/50

Edited by Xion

OOC: This is not funny.

ID: 28812
MD: 9
Mack: 40/42 [Hate: 2]
Xion: 46/49 (-3 Dam., Mit. 1) [Hate: 7]

"It would be too easy, if I could hit the boss," Mack growled, as Avalanche began to stir. For good measure, he kicked the enemy in the head again and then backed off, raising Guillotine and readying himself to strike. He was on the verge of launching an attack of his own when Xion rushed forward and slammed his blade into the ice elemental, dropping another chunk off of the boss' health bar. As Xion backed away the creature turned its malevolent eyes on the blonde swordsman and advanced, hauling back a fist to strike. Mack and Avalanche started their attacks at the exact same moment, the blonde axe man swinging Guillotine horizontally across his body as the monster lunged forward to swing at Xion. Naturally, Mack's attack sailed over the boss' head as it slammed a frozen fist into Xion.

ID: 28816

BD: 9 (6 DMG) [PAR for 1 turn] 

Xion watched in horror as the mass of ice impacted with his shield, breaking his guard and smashing into his chest. As the frozen fist struck him the tank was sent flying a good few feet backwards before landing in the snow "C-crap" he said, his face strained as he shakily got up, had it been possible in SAO, that attack would have crushed his ribs. Xion shook his head as he regained his focus, the attack had dealt very little damage, but the sheer force of the knockback had shocked him a little. Nevertheless the player was still capable of fighting. "You're going to pay for that..." he said as he  charged towards the boss, which was still in the aftermath of it's attack, as it slowly began to bring it's arm up. This was the perfect time to strike, as it could not defend itself. The warrior's blade started to glow with electricity once more before he thrust the Slicing Maelstrom into the ice elemental, electricity surged from the blade to the boss as Paralysis took effect, and it fell to the ground. "It's like fighting Hirru, but this thing actually does damage..." he said jokingly, no offence was meant to Hirru of course, the man was practically Xion's best friend. 

Mack: 40/42 [HATE: 2]
Xion: 46/49 [HATE: 9) 
Avalanche: 18/50 [PAR for 1 turn] 

OOC: Finally! Nice on the Paralyze again... the MD for this roll was a 9.

ID: 28819
BD: 10 (9+1)
Mack: 40/42 [Hate: 4]
Xion: 46/49 [Hate: 9]
Avalanche: 9/50 (-9 Dam.)

"I would prefer it if he would have joined the Blades," Mack said in response as Avalanche lay on the ground, twitching slightly because of the electric jolt from Xion's weapon that had paralyzed it. "Still, he has agreed to be our ally and, with time perhaps he will join." Mack stepped right up to Avalanche as it lay on the ground and glared hatefully at the creature. "You know, if I'd swapped out the amulet for my Angelic Lantern gauntlets I'd have two stacks of +2 heavy momentum right now," the Guild Leader grumbled, carefully considering his next strike. Settling on the head of the ice elemental, Mack raised Guillotine high into the air and brought the blade of the weapon slamming down square in the middle of the boss' face. This time there was no betrayal by the random number gods and the blade of the bearded axe made a very satisfying crunch as it bit into the elemental.

ID: 28846

BD: 8 (5 DMG) 

Xion watched as the now furious axe warrior landed a devastating blow on the boss. "I think two more hits and we're done" Xion said as he slowly walked toward the boss, which was stirring but wasn't going to be getting up too soon, so Xion could afford to relax. The blonde slowly approached the beast, and as he reached it the ice elemental looked up at him, it's eyes full of rage and frustration. "Life just isn't fair is it?" he said before raising his sword and plunging it into the creature's blind spot behind it's head, while it was a rather cruel action the tank didn't care, nor did he have time to as the hulking ice monster was beginning to regain control of it's body. Xion grinned as he backed off towards Mack "You may have the killing blow my friend" he said, as he looked at the boss' health bar, which was now only a small sliver.  

Xion: 46/49 [Hate: 10]
Avalanche: 4/50

OOC: As things stand, this thread will not be long enough to get credit for the quest completion. I'm spicing things up a bit, nothing we can't handle though.

ID: 28849
MD: 4
Xion: 46/49 [Hate: 10]
Avalanche: 2/50 (-2 bleed)
Wolf1: 25/25
Wolf2: 25/25

Rolling his head from side to side on his neck, so that there was an audible popping noise as Avalanche got back to its feet, Mack stepped forward and eyed the health bar of the ice elemental. One more strike, from either Xion or himself, would be enough to kill the monster and complete the quest. Advancing on the beast, which still had its attention firmly focused on Xion, Mack readied Guillotine for one last strike that would end the battle, complete the quest, and obtain the rewards several things happened at once. It started with Avalanche taking a wild swing at Xion that missed the blonde swordsman by a solid country mile. The only problem was that the Elemental's strike also caused Mack to miss his own attack with Guillotine. The long line of cursing, horrid enough to make a sailor blush, was drowned out by the sound of a pair of howls, one from each side of the clearing. Those howls were followed by the appearance of a pair of white furred wolves.

"There was nothing in the quest description about the wolves," Mack called to his second-in-command. "Turn your attention to the dogs, Avalanche will bleed out here in a second anyway."

Xion watched as Avalanche attempted a last stand, aiming to strike the tank one final time, but the poor thing didn't even get to finish the wind-up before Mack's bleed took it down, causing it to explode into millions of tiny shards. The tank smiled as he turned his attention to the wolves which had appeared. "These didn't appear when I fought the boss...let's make it quick, I don't like this" he said as he stepped closer to the beasts, inhaling before letting out an ear splitting <<Howl>> which drew the attention of the wolves. 

Xion (46/49) [HATE: 13]

Mack (40/42) [HATE: 4]

Wolf#1 (25/25) [Target: Xion]

Wolf#2 (25/25) [Target: Xion] 

ID: 28904, 28905
BD: 8 (7+1)
MD: 2, 3
LD: 6 (No Bonus Loot from Avalanche)
Mack: 40/42 [Hate: 5]
Xion: 46/49 [Hate: 13]
Avalanche: 0/50 (-2 bleed)
Wolf1: 18/25 (-7 Dam.)
Wolf2: 25/25

"Agreed," Mack called to Xion as Avalanche dissolved into pixelated nothingness as he bled out. "Focus on them one at a time, let's end this fast," the Grandmaster called to Xion. Raising Guillotine, Mack charged directly through the space where Avalanche had just been standing as Xion let loose with an ear-splitting howl that caused both of the wolves to turn and face him. Too late, one of the canines recognized the mistake of its action as Mack slammed an armored shoulder into the beast as it started to pounce on Xion. The wolf was knocked to the ground in a shower of snow a split second before Mack buried the steel head of Guillotine in the animal's side. Meanwhile, the other wolf lunged for Xion but missed.

REWARDS:

Quest Potion
1 Mat

ID: 28923

BD: 6 (5 DMG) 

Xion watched as Mack absolutely devastated the HP of one of the wolves with a single strike 'Man...he really does have some damage huh..." he thought before seeing one of the wolves lunge at him, dodging the blow easily.  The tank then set his eyes upon the wolf which Mack had just attacked, the player charged at it, dodging a weak bite from the beast before bringing his blade down onto it's shoulder, making it yelp and whine in pain as it's HP dropped to around half. "One nearly down already" he said as he backed off. 

Xion: 46/49 [Hate: 14]
Wolf1#: 13/25 [Target: Xion] 
Wolf#2: 25/25 [Target: Xion] 

ID: 28924, 28925
BD: 6 (5+1)
MD: 6, 6
Xion: 44/49 [Hate: 13] (-2 Dam., required min. dam. for successful hit)
Wolf1: 4/25 (-7 Dam., -2 Thorns)
Wolf2: 23/25 (-2 Thorns)

"No," Mack growled, correcting Xion as he slammed the heavily weighted head of Guillotine into the side of the wolf that he and Xion were focusing on, causing the beast to dance away from the strike. "One beast into the red." As Mack was speaking the wolf that he had struck pounced on Xion and bit the blonde swordsman. Just as quickly the beast yelped and let go, dancing back out of the way. The first wolf's actions were repeated by his canine companion with the same results. "You've got some armor with thorns now, don't you," Mack asked, swinging his bearded axe easily in his hands and waiting for another chance to strike.

ID: 28970

BD: 10 (7 DMG) [PAR for 1 turn]

Xion shook his head "Not armour, a new shield" he said as he threw off his guild cloak, revealing the Maelstrom Armour and Maelstrom Aegis (Look in evaluations if you want an idea). The tank then grabbed the greatshield from his back, slamming it down onto one of the wolves in front of him, immobilising it before he drove the slicing maelstrom into it, electricity surging into it before the beast exploded into millions of crystal shards. 

The tank then turned to mack, hoping to see some kind of reaction "I need a bloody title with this armour" he said, as he assumed a defensive stance, with the Aegis of the Maelstrom planted firmly in the ground in front of him. 

Xion: 44/49 [Hate: 16] 
Wolf1: DEAD 
Wolf2: 23/25

+1 MAT