[SP-F4] The Missing Child

There was a great deal of commotion outside, especially in the early morning light and Lindow had barely woken up. Yawning and stretching, he looked outside his window to see a gathering of people just outside. He thought it to be odd that so many were clustered in one spot, something must have happened. As Lindow got dressed in his armor, he slung the Crimson Blades' cloak over his shoulders and walked outside, his trusty Hard Edge on his back in tow. As he came up to the villagers of Snowfrost they were all talking about a missing child, but not only a missing child there was a mysterious person lurking around in the night as well. No one wasn't sure what was going on, but they were all equally frightened. 

"When did they go missing?"

"Late in the night I believe, there were foot prints leading into one of the caves by the massive snow dunes to the east."

"What is the child's name?" Lindow asked. 

"Lenneth..."

Lindow nodded, a small helpless girl. What was she doing out in the middle of the night anyway? Lindow felt it was his duty to help with the search, no one else didn't seem prepared as he was to do so. He calmed the villagers and said he would go out looking for the girl. He was given extra food and water for his trip and he graciously accepted them. Lindow nodded to the folk and told them to not worry as he will find the missing child. With his back turned, he set out on his journey for the missing girl. The fourth floor was uncaring and could be brutally cold at times,even for a man weathered as himself. He continued his trek through the harsh climate, the cold bitterly snapping at his exposed flesh as he lifted his legs high to move through the thick snow blankets. His cold eyes set for a small cave to rest, it was a familiar cave but they all looked the same. He had to stop and rest as the snow outside started to turn into a bitter blizzard downfall. His back set against the cavern wall, little warmth seem to be present from just outside the mouth. He would have to travel deeper to warm up. Beating the cold flakes off his crimson garb, Lindow found a safe spot to rest.  

Edited by Lindow
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As LIndow rested in the cave, he found several shiny objects littered about the cavern. He knew with his luck, there wouldn't be any free materials lying about, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out for any just in case. The blizzard outside seemed to war on and on in the bitter climate of floor four, and he wasn't sure when it would cease. Perhaps this cavern could lead out to another part of the floor where he could search for the missing girl. He had a lot to explore and by now the footprints outside would have been snowed over. Maybe she was able to find shelter in one of the caves, Lindow picked himself up keeping an eye on the ground for lose mats and also called out the girls name. 

"Lenneth!!" Lindow stopped and bellowed out the name, there was no response except his echo shouting back at him. He continued further into the cavern but as he was coming up a small inlet in the cave a rock beast found itself upon the ground and looking down at Lindow. It was a huge creature, threatening with big shoulders and frame. Lindow unsheathed the Hard Edge from behind him and hefted the weighty blade over one shoulder. He had no time to mess with this creature. Shouldering the mighty weapon upon his sturdy shoulder, Lindow came down with a massive cleave as it shattered the Rock Beast's arm with one blow, it gave a loud and deep roar as it kicked Lindow for a counter attack and threw a punch into his frame. Sliding back several feet, Lindow turned his blade over to one side with both hands and got back into stance. 

--

Rock Beast HP: 10/14 [+2 Dmg]
Lindow HP: 23/25 [+3 Dmg]

ID: 28889 || BD: 9 [+1 Dmg] || MD: 8

Edited by Lindow

The clash of metal against rock resounded deep in the cave as Lindow continued his fight with the Gollum.  Swoosh! Swoosh!  came the mighty sword left and right as he swung it against the creature. He moved in for a lunging attack but missed once more, for a rock creature it was pretty mobile as it slid along the floor as it was part of its body. It grunted and spiraled around him throwing punches against his broad blade. The grapple lasted for a few moments before the swung at one another and missed. Lindow staggered from his attack and was thrown off balance, he smashed the blade into the ground to stop himself from falling and had to maneuver out of the way from a stomp. 

Rock Beast HP: 10/14 [+2 Dmg]
Lindow HP: 23/25 [+3 Dmg]

ID: 28890 || BD: 1 || MD: 5

Edited by Lindow

Rolling to the left he evaded from being pressed into a pancake from the goliath's foot smash. The harsh metal against the cold floor came to life with a spark as he dragged his blade from one side to the other in an arc. Whipping it around his body once more, he followed with a charge, his crimson cloak billowing out behind him as he made an aggressive stride against the rocky giant. Lifting his blade upwards, he came down to smash another part of its arm. The creature evade the blow and his blade got stuck in the crag of the rock. Pulling the massive blade out took a great deal of effort as he grit his teeth as it came out of the earthern wall. Narrowing his eyes, the two foes faced one another as they circled each other. It was a stand off as not one or the other was making any intentional falts. 

ID: 28891 || BD: 3 || MD: 3

Edited by Lindow

Lindow shield his body from a shower of rock and debris as the creature slammed its foot down into the earth. Heavy rocks fell from the ceiling crashing below as the ground and cavern shook like a mini earthquake. The warrior stumbled left and right and thrust his blade into the earth and held on for dear life as the cavern floor shifted from the breaking of its plates. His stormy eyes cast long at the bouldering brash creature as it snarled at him with a deep guttural sound. Once more unsheathing his blade from the earth, Lindow hefted the weighty instrument on one shoulder, there had to be a weakness or something for this monster and he was wasting too much time as it was fighting it off. That little girl could be in trouble, injured, sick...

As the Rock Warrior came cruising towards him sliding along the ground as it normally did, it shot a hard fist at the Crimson Blade's Grand Secretary. Lifting his broad blade upwards the creature smashed right into his blade and deflected the attack away but at the same time Lindow was unable to successfully make a counter attack. Sliding a foot back from his opponent, Lindow once more got into stance to get ready for an attack. This battle was far from over. 

ID: 28892 || BD: 5 || MD: 5

Edited by Lindow

His foot slid forward and the blade came down crashing into the ground again threatening to cleave the monster in half. Lindow turned his blade a quarter and used a side stepping momentum to slash horizontally at the beast. There was nothing to slash at as the beast seemed to disappear within the wall. Lindow turned on the balls of his feet, his hands were cold and his body was moving slower and slower due to the freezing temperatures even within this dank cavern the air was chilly and biting his exposed flesh. He shivered as he continued to look around. There was a horrible growl from beneath him as a rocky spike came crashing into him. He was uprooted from his position and fell down horrible twisting and rolling into the ground as he fell. A chunk of his HP was decreased as he slowly, very slowly lifted his body up with both hands. His sword spiraling towards him as it fell beside his feet. 

Lindow HP: 20/25 [+3 Dmg]

ID: 28893 || BD: 4 || MD: 9 [+1 Dmg]

Edited by Lindow

Breathing heavily from the last round, Lindow grunted as he got up to his knees and peeled his blade from the rocky ground. His eyes stared upwards as the creature came down on top of him. The mighty foot colliding with the earth as he rolled out of the way of the goliath's massive feet. Snarling, he whipped his body out of the way as he grabbed his sword and swung upwards. The hurried momentum cross slashed the Rock Beast in the chest as it exploded with a rocky fragments. The creature staggered to the left and right roaring with a sort of pain as it slammed into the wall. Lindow was without remorse for it as he threw his blade with both hands and thrust it into the chest of the creature and turned it lightly until it growled at him. It reached out to attempt to tear his face off, but the bold warrior yanked free of his weapon from the depths of the creature's hide and spun the blade back over his shoulder. 

Rock Beast HP: 7/14 [+2 Dmg]

ID: 28894 || BD: 8 || MD: 2

Edited by Lindow

The Hard Edge had a taste for the creature twice now and started to crave more and more of it's rocky hide. Lindow was not going to allow this abomination to get the better of him this day. Beady onyx eyes stared at the beast as it moved towards the elderly member of the Crimson Blades. Lindow passed one foot over the other as they circled one another wondering who would strike first. Iron against rock collided as sparks were created from the two components. His stormy eyes flickered when his heavy sword deflected the attack of the Rock Beast and it stumbled back, once more a hard thrust into its rocky exterior as Lindow seized the opportunity to take another crack at it. Rock crumbled off the rocky flesh of the beast as it grunted with pain. Lindow dug deeper into the rock's flesh and then pulled it out with a heave. Shower of rock fragments exploded from the exposed wound of the earth giant as it fell against the wall holding itself up. Lindow lifted his blade over his shoulder, he would not stop attacking.  Stronger! Become stronger! 

Rock Beast HP: 4/14 [+2 Dmg]

ID: 28896 || BD: 7 || MD: 1

Edited by Lindow

Lindow's blade came down like a smiting hammer into the rocky beast, but it shifted its weight and was engulfed into the rocky wall it was pinned to. Being devoured by the crag of rock, Lindow jumped back a foot to gather himself. He was breathing mildly heavy, he coughed once or twice the cold once more creeping up on his bones. His eyes felt tired and weak, his body had begun to slow down, "Come out and face me you coward..." Lindow watched the walls as they rumbled lightly with the movements of the Rock Beast. His eyes slowly narrowed into slights, his hands tight on the hilt of his behemoth sized blade. The Two Handed Warrior snapped his head to the right as the walls shifted and parted for the creature as it's fist came flying for him.

ID: 28897 || BD: 5 || MD: 1

Edited by Lindow

Once more, he turned the blade broadside out and deflected the heavy smash to the side. When he twisted the blade once more, he fumbled with the aim and missed his target and lost his footing. He fell to one knee as the hammer of a fist came driving down into him like a spike through a rail. Lifting the massive blade over his head he felt the brutal blow as it attempted to break through his defense. Lindow pushed upwards with all his strength and got a foot of distance between him and the Boulder Entity. It slammed both of its hammer like fists into the ground once more breaking rock and debris from the ceiling. Lindow moved left and right evading the falling spiky rocks as he wished not to be impaled by them. 

ID: 28898 || BD: 4 || MD: 3

Edited by Lindow

There was yet another stand off between the two of them as the cavern settled. They each took a swipe at one another and found nothing but air to smack at. The cleave of the blade was knocked away and the creature was unable to connect with a thick foot to the gut of Lindow. As they collided with one another and fought off the attacks, they clashed and distanced themselves once more. He was lucky and unlucky of this combat system, both he and the creature were having horrible time getting a clean shot in. The creature switched tactics down, find a spiky rock to pick up, it lifted the massive fragments and threw it towards Lindow. He wheezed as he jumped out of the way and rolled to the left. On one knee he shot forward with his blade dragging behind him. 

ID: 28899 || BD: 5 || MD: 4

Edited by Lindow

Lindow was ready to throw a slash at the beast but came to slow as he was pulverized by the weight of a rocky boulder thrown at him. His head and body jerked back as he landed on the ground face up. The bones in his body sounded liek they were cracking as he felt a massive surge of pain shot through his right shoulder. The signals in his brain were telling him there was something wrong as his shoulder pulsated with a dull but on going pain. Breathing heavily, he slammed his massive blade into the ground and heaved himself upwards onto his legs. Trying to take air into his lungs, the swordsman slid his right foot out once more and hefted the blade over his shoulder. Why was he pushing himself so hard now? What was making him fight so badly? Was there an anger he needed to release? Rage? The feeling of not being able to control your outcome. Lindow growled lowly, and he lashed out at the giant. 

Lindow HP: 18/25 [+3 Dmg]

ID: 28900 || BD: 2 || MD: 8

Edited by Lindow

This rage, this ferocity, it was building and mounting within him waiting to explode. He leaned back and gave a mighty roar from deep within. The loud roar seemed to terrorize the creature as confusion settled in. Heavy steps ran towards the boulder beast as he whipped his sword from left to right. The mighty swing of his trusty blade crashed into the hide of the Rock Beast and sent it a foot into the opposite direction of his blade. There came a bellow of of pain from the mob as it cracked and fragmented from the blow. Stanggering over it's own leg, it fell into a clump of mess trying to gather itself once more. Its body quickly becoming one with the wall as to reclaim the lost limb that Lindow had just recently cleaved off. 

Rock Beast HP: 1/14 [+2 Dmg]
Lindow HP: 16/25 [+3 Dmg]

ID: 28901 || BD: 8  || MD: 6

Edited by Lindow

The Earth Elemental desired revenge on Lindow. The walls seem to breath and come alive as the creature churned itself within the wall. Lindow looked to his left and right, but there was nothing but mere rumbling. Lifting his sword up, he knew a surprise attack was coming somewhere, but he didn't know where. He stood on guard watching every crag, every rock to see if it would come alive with the creature. He felt the ground tremble, "Below!" Lindow slammed his blade into the ground attempted to dismantle the fiend once and for all, but it was a feint. The creature came from out of the side to the left. Its massive recollected fist grabbed him by the neck and pinned him towards the wall. He chocked and sputtered, he kicked to free himself. But he watched as his HP bar slowly drained little by little as the grip on his throat tightened. 

Rock Beast HP: 1/14 [+2 Dmg]
Lindow HP: 13/25 [+3 Dmg]

ID: 28902 || BD:  5 || MD: 9 [+1 Dmg]

Edited by Lindow

With Lindow pinned against the wall, the creature squeezed his throat harder and harder waiting for his head to just pop off. Lindow could feel his body going numb. Soon his struggles became weak to fend off this damn creature. His eyes were going blurry and heavy, and the sword fell from his hand and clammered to the ground with a dull thud. There were thoughts of his family drifting into his mind, his daughter Jasmine, his wife Crystal...how he had failed them in returning to the real world. There was still so much he wanted to be a part of in their lives. Their anniversary, his daughter going off to prom, getting married, being a grandfather...His muscles twitched, his hand came down on the rock beasts arm and then the other did the same. Lindow snapped his head back, his stormy eyes showing vengeance. Grunting loudly, he lifted his feet up and pushed them forward tearing the arms off the gollum. It backed away as Lindow fell to the ground on his feet. He lifted the heavy sword and made a quick stride to the beast. In mid step, he slashed with all his might. The blade came across and destroyed the rock creature into hundreds of fragments before it settled into the nothingness. Lindow was left alone, rewarded for his kill. Another close battle had pushed him to the brink, he relied on his family to help push him through this. Their memories are what kept him going. "Lenneth!!" he called out once more, not foregtting the reason he came here.  

Rock Beast HP: --/14 [+2 Dmg]
Lindow HP: 13/25 [+3 Dmg]

ID: 28903 || BD: 9 [+1 Dmg]   || MD: 2 || LD: 2 [Notta]

Basic Reward:
+ 1 Mat

Edited by Lindow

Yet again no answer. Struggling to get up, Lindow placed a hand on the slippery wall and fell over, his wounds were slowly recovering but he felt like he was about to black out from exhaustion. As his eyes blinked there was the hurried footsteps of someone close by. Slamming his sword into the ground, he erected himself with a wobble and called out, "I am not someone you want to mess--!" his speech cut short as he saw a small girl that barely came up to his knee came running out of the shadows. She was breathing hard and nearly collapsed. Lindow gathered her up as he dropped his sword, "Hey! Hold on!" Lindow placed the heavy Crimson Blades' cloak around the small child and helped her up, "By chance...you wouldn't be Lenneth, would you?"

"Yes! I am! Someone kidnapped me late in the night last night. I couldn't see that well who it was, but he was an Orange Player, I did see that much. When I was bound, he told me some dark stories of a man who loved a woman so much and when she was prosecuted for being a witch, the man died on the inside and started doing weird things with children. I didn't understand the story, but he was very evil it seemed. I was so scared!"

"How did you get free?" Lindow asked, "I didn't...He let me go. He said the thrill of the hunt would be more satisfying in the end. As soon as I was free to move, I ran and ran and didn't look back. I would hear his creepy laugh every now and then surrounding me, but then I heard the sounds of battle and came running. Surely it was someone else in here, so I had to see. I waited in the shadows and watched out battle and then called out my name!"

Lindow nodded, "You are safe now. So the man...this Orange Player, he is still around then? That's unfortunate. I will take you back to Snowfrost at once. You should be safe with me around. My name is Lindow, Grand Secretary of the Crimson Blades."  

"Lenneth! Thank you for coming to rescue me. But it seems you were injured in the process, your not wearing much armor and you still came out here looking for me?"

Lindow smiled as they both got up to their feet, "Well, a child in danger is something I can't ideally sit by and allow to happen. I have a daughter at home that I cherish more than the world itself, I would hate for a family to realize their child passed away in game such as this. And you don't need to thank me, my wounds are fully healed so we can get out of here."

The girl was happy someone like him found her, she stayed close to him and pulled on the cloak tighter around her as they searched through the darkness as Lindow was retracing his steps. They came to the open mouth of the cave and the snow storm seemed to have passed. That was good, he didn't want to risk losing her in a blizzard, "Take my hand..the snow dunes can be a bit treacherous here."

Lenneth stared at his big hand for a moment and smiled and grasped it with both of her small ones. Lindow lead them through the terrain, Lenneth was pointing out to the deer she saw running across the field, even though she was stuck in the game she still enjoyed being here. The kids must have it difficult, but she seemed to be enjoying herself none the less.

"You know, there is an orphanage on floor one that could probably take care of you while you are here..."

"I know. But there was a nice couple that took me and the fourth floor is cold and snowy. I love the snow, it reminds me of my family everyday that I am here. So I stay...and I think they enjoy my company."

Lindow nodded, he was happy for at least that.  

As they were passing by a snowy field, the girl tugged on Lindow's hand, "Look!" Lindow followed the point of her finger and found a lone tree in the middle of the snow dune, "I am supposed to help pick herbs for medicine in town for an Alchemist. I normally come out here with a few guards because my Search and Detect skill is so high, I can find materials pretty easily. Will you let me pick up some medicinal herbs before we head back?"

Lindow was unsure if it was a good idea, he surveyed the area with his cloudy colored eyes and nodded as it looked harmless enough. Lindow nodded and they went towards the tree, the snow didn't seem so thick in this spot and Lindow placed a hand on the trunk of the tree. 

"Mind if I collect some materials as well? Probably not as good at searching as you are..."

Lenneth smiled as they arrived at the spot, she hunkered down and ran her fingers across the cold grass. She giggled from the cold feeling it gave her as she searched. Lindow bent down on one knee and just grabbed anything he found that could be useful. Shrugging he came up with a hand full of frozen weeds.  

-

ID: 28964 
LD: 8 [Notta]

Edited by Lindow

"Did you find anything?" Lindow asked shaking his hands free of the snow and dirt he lifted up off the ground, Lenneth smiled back as her catches were much more rewarding than his own. Perhaps picking up that skill wasn't too bad of an idea after all if it helped finding some materials and other things. The Grand Secretary did need a keen eye for such things. He would place that in his mental notes and rework his skill planning later. Getting up from his position, Lenneth came up to him and tugged on his hand once more. 

"You are a fisherman, right? I know a frozen pond in the area where you can use your net to catch some nice bait. If you follow me, I can take you there."

Lindow was in dire need of materials. He had to repay Mack for the armor and he was in need of new sword as well, he looked up at the sky. It was setting an orange glow meaning that evening was coming pretty soon. He scratched his peppered beard and leaned down, "Alright. But we need to start heading back pretty soon before it gets dark. I don't wanna be out here in the middle of the night with the nocturnal creatures afoot.

"Right! Follow me, Lindow!"

Lindow followed the child to the frozen fishing spot, the lake was indeed slippery as they walked slowly along the surface. Lenneth enjoyed it though wobbling back and forth as they neared the small cut out shape of the ice, "Just stick your net down there and you will get bunch of bait and other materials! I even caught a few ore fish, which is kinda rare. Fish made out of shiny material for smithies. A little bit goes a long way!" Lenneth explained.

The peppered hair warrior got down on his knees and selected his fishing net and dipped it into the ice cold waters. He swayed it to the left and to the right as he waited for something to happen, "Alright! Pull it out and let's see what you got!" Lindow fished around for some of the materials in the frozen pond and when he retracted his hand, he found two really good items that could be used as materials and the other was just a lump of seaweed. Lenneth clapped her hands, "Hey that was pretty good! Let's wait a few minutes and try again! We still have plenty of time, right? Maybe you can tell me more about your daughter while we wait?"

--

ID: 28966
LD: 15 [+1 Material]

ID: 28967
LD: 3 [Notta]

ID: 28968
LD: 15 [+1 Material]

Edited by Lindow