acquisition forum/thread

many of the options as far as loot, crafting, and things of that nature require gm's to step in and do things behind the scenes. our current method is to message a gm and wait. i personally have had some issues with this because there seems to be no information as to the format to submit these request, or any type of system in place of how these messages will be responded to. it seems that some of the gms will message you back telling you what they will do, some will post in your thread what hey have done, some will just go edit your journal with what you did, and on rarer occasions (more recently for me) you just don't get replied to at all or they say will do something but it never happens. don't get me wrong. this isn't a topic to bag on the staff. they are people with lives and have alot going on. my point is 3 fold:

1. we need a clear written page in the crafting area that details how you submit for getting materials, and how you submit for getting the items you created that require approval form staff.

2. we need a clear written page in the crafting area that details how the staff will respond. i don't think PM, or posting, or journal editing are bad, i just want consistency to expect the same kind of response every time. personally speaking i think posting in the topic is the best choice because its transparent and no one can argue what was acquired. if my journal is just edited then there's no proof saying i didn't just give myself something I'm not supposed to have. while PM's are easier to prove, it just makes more sense to be transparent from the start.

3. we should have a place where we can post saying we need the staffs attention on something of this nature instead of pming one staff member after another until someone comes forward and helps. it would be easy to set up and easy for both the players to track their request and the staff to keep the game going as fluidly as possible.

I'm thinking...

That the players contact a GM via PM about these things, and the GM will reply back on the players journals. So that the players create a journal page, and every reply below is a GM showing proof of ownership, achievement, etc...

And it's up to the players to maintain their original posts on their own journal pages reflecting all updated information.

I said something similar in the Skills area. Perhaps an; Item, weapons, armor forum should be made under the journal forum (not a subforum mind you. an actual forum perhaps caled (Creation Menu)) where there would be templates made for each where it would have the stats as well as mats needed and Col you would need. This way it would all be in public and available to be seen by Staff where maybe a "Creation Mod" could be made so that the GM's could be free to do other things (Unless they wanted to do the work).

I have seen this work many times in other places (again comparing, I know its not really a good or bad thing), but it has to be regulated. Then items start pushing themselves and Col. will begin to rain down from the heavens