[PP-F1] Testing the Skills of Opal (Crimson Blades)

Xion stood in the middle of his shop on floor one, quickly typing out a message to a player named Opal, who was to join the Crimson blades, and, Xion being the second in command, was going to test her abilities, to see if she was worthy of becoming a blade. 

Opal

Meet me in the Zefra forge in the town of beginnings to begin your testing for the Crimson blades. 

Best of luck, Xion- Second in command and Seneschal of the crimson blades. 

The player was clad in his Maelstrom armour, a dark grey, menacing suit of armour which made many foes turn tail and run before drawing their swords. While this may have been a little...inappropriate for testing a new player, he thought it necessary that new recruits be shown the power of their higher ups, and the guild. "Another female player...this will be interesting" he said to himself as he stood in wait, his arms crossed patiently. 

Opal, the successor of The Ifrit and the late Lindow, had received a quick message from the one known as Xion. She did not know much of the members of the Crimson Blades and briefly talked to them at the funeral that was held on the man's behalf not too long ago. Deciding to take up arms for personal revenge, Opal readied herself for the tests that were sure to come. However, there was something missing from her attire...The girl had examined herself in the mirror for thirty minutes posing for herself as she examined her body to make sure there were no imperfections with it, she tousled her long raven hair to give it that wild look as the bangs slipped over her right honey of orange eye. Placing her hands on her hips and doing a small fashion show, she pouted and threw her hands up in the air. 

"Its not like this guy is going to care about what I look like or something. This is training, for Lindow and for myself. I have sat in the dark long enough to realize that this world can be cold and unforgiving. To the hell with it!" 

Opal threw open her door with a kick from her brown boots and walked out the door, the red crimson blade behind her just as long as her body, "Damn fool, how the hell did he carry this [censored] heavy thing..." She complained half the time to herself as she showed up to the Zefra Forge about an hour and a half late to the meet up. Just outside of the forger's shop, she double checked herself and cleared her throat. Putting on a smile she mosied on in and noticed an impatient foot tapping man clad in some epic looking armor staring at the door and more than likely at her.

"Hey~ Sorry I'm a little late, you see...there was a link missing on one of the chains that--" she stopped mid sentence and rolled her eyes, "Whatever..." She leaned over slightly showing off her cleavage while she waited for Xion to possibly chew her out and making him wait almost two hours.  

After waiting for far too long the new recruit finally showed up, she was slightly taller than Xion, her form was a curvaceous one, she had long black hair, and was struggling to carry Lindow's blade on her back. Seeing the blade sent a shot of guild through the player. He shook it off, before paying more attention to the new player, who stumbled mid sentence, before leaning a little, purposely showing off her cleavage. Xion frowned, he did not approve of such things. "As you are a new player, I shall overlook your lack of punctuality. What I shall NOT overlook is attempting to use your body to manipulate me. Trust me, lust is not a sin that you will find me or any of the other blades guilty of, so I suggest that you refrain from such things, lest you wish to be  exiled from the guild" he said in a firm tone, one that commanded respect, and in some cases fear. Normally he would not be so harsh, but such a thing was unforgivable in his eyes. 

Opal's eye twitched and she felt like jumping out of her skin from the pure commanding tone in his voice, she erected her form quickly placing her hands underneath her chest and pouted lightly with her thick painted lips, "Well!" she said trying to find a rebuttal for his commanding tone over her, then she tilted her head to the side and smile, "A man that takes charge...I do like that. I shall remember that and I am sorry for my demeanor. It can be a struggle for a woman in a heavily male populated game. You work with what God gave you, and sometimes the use of the body has gotten me out of trouble. I am not ashamed to do what I need to do to survive. In memory of Lindow, I will not spoil such things."

She apologized and there was much sincerity in her voice, she was deeply grateful for the chance to become of the Blades as he spoke, they seemed more like a Military run organization than anything else. She admired his courage and his confidence, perhaps it was a bit rash on her to try to provoke him with her feminine body. She sighed at her oh misfortune and took a step back from where she stood. 

"Thank you for taking me under your wing, umm... What shall I address you as? Captain Xion?" She asked, if this was going to be so formal, she might as well try and remember them by their ranks. He was in Second Command from what she knew of them, and for good reason. His commanding aura gave that much off at least. Perhaps with a little time, they will get to know each other a bit more and he will see her as something not as snooty as she came off. 

"Simply Xion shall suffice" he said, as he looked at her, the woman's apology seemed to be sincere, but the tank was still suspicious. He shook his head and pushed such thoughts to the side, now was not the time. "Trust me when I say that 'what god gave you' will not save you in this game, hard work, dedication and strength will. How do you think I was able to get all of this? My shop, my armour? I carved out an existence in this game for myself, using nothing more than a blade and my wits" he said, his eyes focuses solely on her face, and nothing else. 

"That blade you carry...it was the blade of a man who lived by these principals, he was an honest man, like all of the blades. You bring shame to that blade by acting in such a manner" he said, the memory of Lindow still fresh in his mind. 

"But nevermind, I am here to test you, in battle and as a person. The latter of which clearly need some working on..." 

Edited by Xion

If he wasn't so cute, she would have punched him in his face by now and as Second in Command of the Blades, that would have been more or less a death wish on her part. Swallowing her anger and trying to forget what he just said, she cleared her throat and straightened herself out once more before him, her hands falling down to her side as she leaned to one side of her foot. She didn't know what else to say or do for this matter and sharply narrowed her eyes.

"Well, I shant disappoint you Xion. You are one of the very few who had been able to reject my swoons towards men. Lindow was another, but he was married and dedicated to his wife. I respect that of him, and I respect what he does. But we are not the same person, I am not going to be able to replace what he has brought you all. I understand you have your ways of doing things, but I will have mine. So long as I wear the color and brand the name to myself, I will not sully the name of the Guild or Lindow. Please, let us commence with the training."  

"Your training will consist mainly of unassisted MOB fighting, of course I will be taking the aggro, as to ensure that you will not die. We will start out with weaker enemies, eventually moving on to stronger ones. Once again I will be drawing the aggro of the enemies and taking all of the hits" he said, his tone lightening a little as he calmed down. 

The tank then sent Opal a party request. and when she accepted he saw a minuscule health bar appear beneath his. ' 'tis to be expected...she is very low levelled' he thought as he opened the door of the Zefra forge, gesturing for her to exit the shop. 

There was a pop up message as the party invite request appeared. Pressing a dainty finger on the button, she accepted the request and Xion had become party leader. His HP bar was massive and he was level nineteen. She almost fell over, that must have been some grinding to do. What was she doing? Playing dress up in her room? No, she had gone on a few adventures with others but she was in large groups. An experience point here or there, but nothing to really call her own. She partied with Lindow as well, but mostly for gathering raids for mats and she was in non combat situations most of the time. She shrugged, "Maybe you can let me know your secret about leveling up quickly." She said, a thankful nod in his direction as he held the door open to her. 

She was out of that stuffy place, not that she didn't think it was wonderful, but she could feel the sweat producing over her body as a thin gleaming sheet of it seem to perspire from her glowing feminine body. She stretched up at arm's length to the sky and they fell down to her sides as she walked beside the cloaked Commander, "Has Lindow ever...talked about me before?" She wondered, she heard a few stories here and there from the Blades and what they do, but other than that they were a mystery. Even if he didn't talk about her in front of the guild, perhaps he thought of her and that was simply enough to make her smile as a light rose colored tint surfaced to her face. 

Xion shook his head "Not to me, but maybe to Beorson...the only time that I have seen your name was in your file, you were listed as...his next of kin you could say, the first person that the guild should contact in the event that he died..." Xion said, as he lead the girl towards the edge of the town of beginnings, passing through the central plaza as he did. Xion couldn't help but take a second to admire the town of beginnings, for a starting area it was beautiful. 

Eventually they reached the edge of the town and slowly walked out into the rolling plains and fields of floor one. "Beautiful...isn't it..." he said, as he took in the fresh air of the fields. 

She looked at Xion with a sort of admiration in her eyes towards him, a smile as he seemed to breath in the open air of the field before them. The massive blade hulking over her smaller body seemed to weigh like a ton as she even struggled to keep up, but she was working hard at it. In time with a few more ranks in her skill set, she would be able to lug this thing around with no problems. 

"I believe so. When I first arrived it was all I could look at, the sun setting over the horizon. The orange splash mixed with the night sky from dusk. It is beautiful, I didn't expect people to take a moment to enjoy their surroundings. But I am thankful to be here at the very least, there are a lot of nice things to look at in the game. It makes you curious what the other floors are like. I have not gone over flour floor and that was only when I partied with high leveled players and thus I never gained any experience. But I know my way around a Rapier, it will just take time settling in with this..."

She pulled the blade from the sheath behind her, the blade immediately fell towards the ground with a dull thud, "[censored]! Oooh! Sorry! I didn't mean to say that out loud. This thing is really heavy, Lindow was a larger than life kinda guy and..." she panted lifting the blade over her shoulder, losing balance and falling over on her butt, she looked up at Xion, "I got this..." she got up to her feet and steadied the blade over both shoulders instead of just one, holding it with both hands. 

"When you are ready..." she said, feeling the weight of the blade almost bearing down over her. The object wasn't heavy, the weight of the memory of Lindow was and before she could rid herself of guilt, this strong blade was going to be difficult to wield.   

Xion chuckled as he watched the girl struggle with Lindow's blade. "You think that's heavy? Try my shield" he said as he grabbed the greatshield from his back. It was nearly as big as he was, and when he brought it down the sheer weight of the metal nearly embedded it into the ground. He then scanned the area, looking for any boars, eventually finding a lone target. 

"There..." he said, drawing his blade as he walked forwards a few spaces. "Now...you may want to cover you ears..." he said, before inhaling deeply and letting out a blood curdling, bestial <<Howl>> that drew the attention as the boar, as it snapped to face him, it's eyes seemingly glowing with anger. 

Xion (51/51) [HATE: 3] 

Opal (9/9) 

Boar (12/12) 

Opal was a little busy with maintaining balance with the massive sword gripped in both hands as Xion told her to close her ears, "What?" She didn't understand, a moment later there was a blood curdling howl from the man as the boar they had spotted rooted its attention towards the Tanking Commander. Her body felt like a string vibrating when its plucked from a heavy pick, her body shaking as she gave a pouty face to Xion, "That hurt my ears..." she said almost in a complaining tone. As the boar kept its eyes on Xion, the target thanks for the generation of the Hate mechanic, Opal got around the fat butt of the boar and wielded her sword. 

"Ugh! So...I'll just sling shot the blade from behind me..." Opal, with her poor and wobbling arms lifted the massive blade from behind her and in one massive arc came down crashing into the ground a foot away from her intended target. She had missed the boar who seemed to scoff at her attempt and retain vigilante attention on Xion. 

--

ID: 29360 
BD: 5 [Miss] Lindow's Curse Haunts me even now...
MD: 2

Opal (9/9) 
Boar (12/12) 

Edited by Opal

Xion shook his head as he watched the woman struggle with the blade. "Don't force the blade in any positions that your body can't handle, if you have to push your body to the point of breaking just to wield the blade then you're not going to achieve anything. A blade is much like a beast, it can be tamed if the beast and human can work in harmony. Not through sheer force and hate" he said, before he turned his head towards the boar, which was readying for another charge. "Try dragging the blade, or maybe perching it on the shoulder" he said, in a more friendly tone than had been heard thus far from him. 

Opal (9/9) 
Boar (12/12) 

She looked over her shoulder with questioning eyes, "What?" she asked not understand what he meant, his sage advice went over her head and she didn't understand one word that came from his mouth. She dropped the blade to the ground, perhaps if she used a dragging motion as he suggested. She ran towards the intended target once more and swung the blade upwards with all her might. The boar easily dodged the blow and seemed to mock her failed attempt at it's life as it retained its attention on Xion, the Crimson Aegis! [?] She cursed a long string of cuss words from her mouth which was probably at this point unlady like and unprofessional, she felt like his eyes would be bearing down on her right now if she looked over her shoulder to see him. She inched her neck over her shoulder once more only to feel the hot gaze coming from his crystalline eyes. 

"Sorry!!" she apologized, "Force of habit I am trying to break..."

ID: 29477
BD: 2
MD: 3 

Opal (9/9) 
Boar (12/12) 

Edited by Opal

Xion chuckled "Worry not, I don't mind such language, although some others are not as accepting, just keep that in mind" he said with  a smile before turning to the boar once more. The poor thing couldn't land a hit on the tank, which  meant that this was going to be a long, boring battle for the player. "Depending on how you deal with this enemy we may move on to a stronger one, as this is more than a bit boring" he said. 

Her honey colored eyes looked over her shoulder with a pout, how the hell was she going to fight something stronger if she can't even land a blow against a entry level boar? She turned her attention back at the pig, who in turn had its attention on Xion. It was as if she wasn't even remotely interesting to look at. Dragging the blade across the emerald grass once more, she lifted it up and slashed missing the boar by a long shot. Her jaw dropped and her eyes went wide, did she just miss three feet away? "To the hell with it! Xion!!! The game is cheating! The boar has an evasion score over Nine [censored] thousand!!!" she fumed and watched the boar do whatever it does when it gets made at something. 

ID: 29579
BD: 2
MD: 9 [+1 Dmg] 

Opal (9/9) 
Boar (12/12) 

Edited by Opal

ID: 30030 

BD: 6 (5 DMG) 

Xion shook his head, resembling Captain Jean Luc Picard as he took a few seconds to facepalm, in which the boar landed a cheeky hit, dealing minimal damage. "If you want something done right, do it yourself" he muttered before raising his sword, charging towards the boar and bringing it down upon the beast, slicing through it's shoulder and nearly taking it's arm clean off. "That, Opal is how you hit a boar" he said with a chuckle as nearly half of the Boar's HP was obliterated in one strike. 

Xion (50/51) [HATE: 4]

Opal (9/9) 

Boar (7/12) 

Opal watched from a short ways as her Instructor dashed into the field of combat and sliced the boar, nearly delimbing it from his impressive strike, "Arrogant bastard.." she said, both her hands were on the hilt of the blade, the crimson and silver ornate two handed was levitated upwards as she held it out in a kendo stance. She took a few steps forward and cleaved the Boar in half, unfortunatly her miniscule of damage didn't equate to any loss of limbs, but at least she hit the damn thing. She thanked her anger and just pictured Xion's head on the ass of the boar, because that's what he was...an ass. 

"Hey! Look! I just pictured you and I got a good strike in. Think I'll start doing that from now on, picturing you as the enemy and my sword crushing you into pulp!" she smiled back, they were constantly butting heads like two rams. Opal was stubborn, Xion was Second in Command, an authority figure. Opal was a wild child...this was not going to end well for either of them.  

ID: 30031
BD: 6

Opal (9/9) [Hate 1]
Boar (5/12) 

Edited by Opal

Xion frowned, snapping his head towards Opal. "I would not speak in such a way to your superior, especially when said superior could kill you in two well aimed strikes. Luckily, I am not as brutal as someone Like Mack" he said, as the boar once again charged at him, and impacted with his shield, recoiling instantly as it was hit by the thorns. He grinned as he watched the weakened creature back off. "Such speak, such insults all for the sake of spite shall get you nowhere in the blades. You have potential, great potential as a warrior, but such things may hold you back"

(The boar should have taken thorns damage) 

Xion (49/51) [HATE: 4] 

Opal (9/9) [HATE: 1] 

Boar (3/12)

She backed away slowly from the Boar and back to her superior officer, Xion. She gave him a look, "You wouldn't dare kill me, labeled an orange for no reason because you can't take an insult. I thought you were a tank?" she continued to pull on his chains, just to see how far she can dig herself into the hole she was digging. She found pleasure in ticking him off like this, she couldn't stop smiling with her pale red lips.

"Ya know..someday you may have need to rely on me, Xion. And my wordy mouth and my firecracker personality. You think everything can be done using swords and might, and intimidation? What happens when people aren't scared and they stand up to you? What happens to all that bravado then?"  She lifted the sword once more and it came down towards the ground shaking the earth from the might of the blade. It crashed hard into the earth but not the boar. She was too distracted by Xion, and she gave a huffy moan. "[censored] bite me!" she said to the boar, scolding it. 

ID: 30036
BD: 3
MD: 6

Opal (9/9) [Hate 1]
Boar (3/12) 

Edited by Opal