[SP-F3] FALCON PUNCH! (COMPLETE)

My plated fists repeatedly slammed into the tree, chipping away pieces of the bark. Left, right, left, right, a repeated pattern of heavy strikes, some glowing an array of diverse colours.  I finally backed off from the tree, puffing, and that's when it hit me. No, not an idea, I quite literally mean something hit me.  I felt an enormous, furry fist collide with my nape, and I collapsed, before barely managing to roll out of the way of a stomp. I scampered up, rubbing the back of my neck, and eyed off the beowolf that decided it wanted to have a fistfight with a <<Martial Arts>> user. Baaaaaad idea. It swung another clawed fist at me, and I ducked into its torso, delivering a powerful uppercut to its abdomen. The beowolf backed off a bit, and I lunged forward, driving my other fist into its chest before retreating.

---

ID: 29424

BD: 8 + 1 = Modified Success (4 DMG)

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

Grave: 34/37 HP

Beowolf: 15/19HP

Edited by Grave

The beowolf was quick to cover the gap between us, slashing across my chest with one set of claws, before attempting to uppercut me.  Uppercut me it did, slashing a huge gash up my face and raising the golden mask upon my face.  I threw it a scowl, before flicking my mask back down and sending a simple cross punch crashing into its toothed face.  I slammed another fist into its rib cage, and it made the smart decision to back off.  I smiled under the mask and clashed my plated fists together.  This is going to be fun.

---

ID: 30463

BD: 7 + 1 = 8 = Success (4 DMG)

MD: 10 = Crit +2 (4 DMG)

Grave: 30/37 HP

Beowolf: 11/19 HP

I took a lunge at the humanoid wolf, and it sidestepped out of the way.  To compensate, I followed with a back fist... But I had completely missed.  Where did he go?  Next thing I knew, a set of claws pierced my abdomen from behind.  Oh... That's where he went... I gave a heavy sigh, before leaning forwards and pulling myself off the sharp blades.  I retaliated with a hammer fist to the beowolf's knee, my fist crackling blue, before following up with an uppercut, knocking the monster a few meters away.  Praise the lords for paralyze... And <<Battle Healing>>.

---

ID: 30472

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 = Modified Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

CD: 11 = +1 HP

Grave: 29/37 HP

Beowolf: 5/19 HP + Paralyze

Edited by Grave

I backed off from the beowolf for the time being.  I wasn't going to risk covering that distance and the paralyze wearing off before I arrived, that wouldn't be very nice to my health.  I stepped back a few types to recuperate myself.  The giant animal sent my head into a spin with the uppercut it gave me.  The best I could do was let <<Battle Healing>> work its magic on me, slowly healing the wounds the beast inflicted.  If I really wanted to get stronger though, I was going to have to take on about two of those things at once, but that was an idea for when I was on higher health. I watched as the beowolf began to pull itself up, the paralysis wearing off.  Yeah, I wasn't going to make that distance before it wore off.

---

ID: 30473

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 = Failure

MD: Paralyzed

CD: 10 = +1 HP

Beowolf: 5/19 HP

Edited by Grave

The beowolf rushed me like a freight train, it's massive feet pounding along the grass... Although with great difficulty.  The beast was quite obviously disorientated from its 'shocking' experience.  I sidestepped the charging beast and pivoted to face it.  It took quite some time to skid to a stop, but in due time in made its clumsy turn and charged again... And again... And again... Until finally I stopped it in its tracks one time with a plated fist to the snout, and the animal just lay there, breathing heavily.  It was time to get rid of the bastard.

---

ID: 30484

BD: 8 + 1 = 9 = Modified Success (4 DMG)

MD: 5 = Failure

Beowolf: 1/19 HP

Edited by Grave

Okay, never let your guard down around a dropped beowolf.  The bastard decided to uppercut me again, but this time, it dragged its claws all the way up my chest and stopped at my throat.  A heavy, bone crunching punch to the sternum quickly followed and I was sent flying across the grass.  Thanks to SAO's pain nullification, it didn't take me as long as it should have to pick myself up.  I stood on shaky legs and laid eyes upon the beowolf as it made one final rush at me.  Yes, final.  As it approached my location,I dropped to a knee and the massive monster went ass over heels over my head, and I responded with a spinning back fist, shattering the beowolf in half.  I clutched my side as I looked upon my earnings: a Beowolf Steak and an Opal Ring.  I almost shed a tear at the latter.  I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.

---

ID: 30485

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 = Success (4 DMG)

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

Grave: 27/37 HP

Beowolf: *DEAD*

LD: 20 = Opal Ring (Uncommon Item - Submitting for approval) + 1 Beowolf Steak (Mat)

Edited by Grave

I materialized the ring from my inventory.  It looked absolutely stunning.  The rays of the sun shone down on the stone in the top and scattered the colours along my mask.  I flipped up the Crimson Cross to get a better look at it.  The stone was definitely an opal, and the description said that it had a loot bonus. I knew exactly what I had in mind for the small trinket; I knew it would look absolutely beautiful if it were worn by Opal herself, not to mention she would be enticed by the loot bonus.  However, I had more reason to gifting the ring to her... From my knowledge of stones (yes, I do know quite a bit about stones), the opal symbolized inspiration; relating to how Opal inspired me to become stronger for her sake, easing the effort in dealing with changes in life; relating to Opal's difficulty in dealing with Lindow's passing, weakening one's presence to be 'invisible' when they don't want to be noticed; I could tell that sometimes Opal didn't want all the attention, enhancing self-esteem and self-worth; so that Opal would never think she was letting anyone down, and most of all, love; representing the passionate love I held for the woman, and my desire to one day reach her heart.  I stowed the ring away and sat down, thinking about what to do next.

---

Grave: 28/37 HP (Nat healing)

Edited by Grave

I decided to put Piera's training into practise.  I scanned the area, watching for anything of interest, something that might have been of use to my cooking.  It didn't have to even be a main ingredient, even just some herbs... It would take forever to scour the entire area for an item, so scanning was the best plan of action... But I had yet to find anything.  Nothing stood out to me, but I pushed on.

---

Grave: 29/37 HP (Nat. Healing)

ID: 30489

LD: 12 = Patience, young grasshopper

Edited by Grave

I began to wander around, picking at leaves and grass and other pieces of foliage, trying my damnedest to find something.  It was the best thing for me to do until my health was good enough to fight.  Gathering was a tough process, never a fun one; I knew that from the profession quest.  Failure upon failure upon failure.  Every once in a while you found something, but sometimes that 'something' wasn't even useful.  That's the life of someone with a profession.

---

Grave: 30/37 HP (Nat. Healing)

ID: 30490

LD: 3 = Booooooring

Edited by Grave

I felt a pair of blades whistle over my head, and I quickly dropped to the ground before tumbling backwards.  My view raised to discover a pair of Killer Mantises staring down at me, waving their scythe blades menacingly.  I grinned at them sadistically and dropped my mask.  They were going to be as easy as pie.  One began to approach.  First dish, coming right up.  It took a swipe at me, and I sacrificed my health to get in closer.  The blade ripped through the arm of my coat, but my left was already extending out to slam into my opponent, the plates sparking with an azure electric pulse.  My gauntlet collided with the green flesh, and my right followed into the Mantis's face, sending it sprawling.  That was one out of the equation for the time being, I only had to deal with the second.  <<Battle Healing>> began to deal with my wound on my arm as I began to engage my second opponent.

---

ID: 30491

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 = Modified Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: 8 = Success (1 DMG)

CD: 12 = +1 HP

Mantis #1: 13/19 HP + Paralyze

Mantis #2: 19/19 HP

Edited by Grave

The Mantis struck out faster than I had expected.  I already had one place straight through my arm and another beside my neck, opening a tiny cut on my flesh.  Even with the mask, at that rate I wasn't going to be able to hit the creature.  I tried reaching my right arm out, but with the way I was pinned in place, it couldn't move far enough.  Alright, backup plan; attack the other mantis.  I kicked my heels hard onto the grass and slipped out of the Mantis's grasp, dropping to the ground and rolling away.  I set my sights on the still paralyzed Mantis and prepared to strike.

---

ID: 30544

BD: 3 + 1 = 4 = Failure

MD: 6 = Success (1 DMG)

Grave: 29/37 HP

Mantis #1: 13/19 HP + Paralyze

Poor bastard... The Mantis was laying on the ground, jerking this way and that from the reverberating shock pulsing through its body.  I gave a heavy sigh and casually strode up beside it.  If I didn't make my move soon, I was going to suffer a scythe through the gut.  I lifted my fist above the Mantis and brought it down, my fist shattering the thick 'armour' protecting its vitals in a flash of golden energy.  My fist was then thrown back as the Mantis's paralysis wore off, and I lost my balance, landing flat on my rear.  I did a commando roll away from it...

But only to come face to face with its partner. "Oh, crap." I swore as <<Battle Healing>> assisted me.

---

ID: 30721

Mantis #1: 9/19 HP

I closed my eyes as the tip of the Mantis's blade came screaming towards my face, expecting the impact... But I think the bug was too uncoordinated to hit me properly.  The blade just lodged itself straight into the grass beside my head, barely missing my ear.  I acted quickly, grabbing the arm and twisting it, snapping the sharp blade off of the green, twiggy limb like popping open a crab's claw.  The scythe shattered into data and I sprung up to face my opponent, narrowly weaving out of the way of an overhead strike with the still useful arm.  My right fist crackled with golden electricity, and I brought it up into the Mantis's jaw, knocking it backwards through the air and frying its brain... Well, maybe not completely, but enough that it would become more uncoordinated than before, at least.  That one dealt with, I turned to its buddy.

---

ID: 30723

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: 1 = Critical Failure

Mantis #1: 9/19 HP

Mantis #2: 14/19 HP + Paralyze

Oh, right, I forgot that one had two arms.  I barely missed having my face sliced off by one arm, and somehow managed to unconsciously sidestep the other.  My focus on both armaments, I began ducking and weaving, throwing test punches that came close to landing on the thick flesh.  The Mantis overbalanced itself with a swing from its left, and I drove my right fist straight into its abdomen, cracking the hard flesh even further, bug juices now seeping out.  I retreated from the scene and took point near the paralyzed Mantis as <<Battle Healing>> nursed my pierced arm back to normal; that strategy was actually working out extremely well.

---

ID: 30732

BD: 7 + 1 = 8 = Success (4 DMG)

MD: 2 = Failure

Grave: 31/37 HP

Killer Mantis #1: 5/19 HP

Killer Mantis #2: 14/19 HP + Paralyze

Being paralyzed AND disarmed on one side must not have made the Mantis very happy, especially since it was having a difficult time picking itself up off of the grass, at this rate completely tainted with bug juices.  It was probably best to just put them out of their misery and stop stuffing around with them... On second thought I was actually going to taunt them for a tad longer.  I strode up to the head of the stunned monster and grabbed the sleek skull, lifting it up in front of my eyes.  I wound my left fist up and let fly, sending the bug screeching across the earth.  My view traveled over to my other opponent, and I clashed my fists together as a challenge.

---

ID: 30734

Grave: 31/37 HP

Killer Mantis #1: 5/19 HP

Killer Mantis #2: 10/19 HP

I rushed at the Mantis, my fists out behind me, crackling with golden electricity once more.  One single blow from a critical would kill the bastard.  The insect seemed to have the same idea as me and was bolting towards me, scuttling along like some for of deranged crab, waving its scythes around menacingly.  I pushed off from the grass and launched into the air, my leg catching on one of the flailing blades. "Tch." I clicked, and landed on my uninjured leg.  I swung my weight around in a heavy pivot and my sparking gauntlet shattered the Mantis into data.  How every I wasn't going to risk checking my loot yet; I had another but to deal with.

---

ID: 30735

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: 7 = Success (1 DMG)

Killer Mantis #1: *DEAD*

Killer Mantis #2: 10/19 HP

LD: 7 = Mantis Arm (Mat)

I felt a disturbance in the air nearby; but too close for comfort.  I didn't escape the incoming scythe blade unscathed, as the tip of one of my silver spikes fell do the grass by my feet and shattered into useless data.  My vision turned to my opponent, and a sadistic smile grew across my lips. "Man, I'm going to have fun with you..." I threatened, slowly approaching the giant bug.  Before it could even raise a sharpened blade, I ducked in close to the stick-like body and laid waste to whatever it's lunch may have been with a powerful punch to the abdomen.  The monster let out an alien screech, as if calling for help. "Scream and cry all you want, but none will hear you." I taunted, my tone still gruff.

---

ID: 31226

MD: 4 = Failure

Killer Mantis: 6/19 HP

Edited by Grave

I followed up my assault with a low sweep, knocking the spidery legs out from under the Mantis, flipping the bastard onto its rear.  My fist reared back, ready to strike, but was rudely interrupted by an untamed scythe coming its way.  Playing it safe, I jumped back, allowing the Mantis just that little bit of time to pull itself up... But it wasn't up for long.  I took a leap towards my foe and swung my leg over my head, bringing my heel crashing down towards the green head.  One small movement sent my heel off course, but I felt Cross guide my boot straight into the insect's face, sending bug brains everywhere.  I used the mangled head as a platform to launch myself backwards to safety, prepared to finish the fight.

---

ID: 31227

MD: 4 = Failure

Killer Mantis: 2/19 HP

Edited by Grave

An arcing turning kick followed my combo, but was briskly halted by the flat edge of the Mantis's scythe.  Problem?  Not at all!  I hooked my heel over the spine of the blade and pulled down, pushing my body off the grass, allowing my left leg an opening to deliver a front kick to the bug's neck.  I didn't stop there though.  I flicked upwards and the toe of my boot tore the Mantis's head straight off, sending it spinning across the grass.  My back slammed against the grass as the creature shattered into data, the shards floating into the air above my body.  I picked myself up and pulled a knee in closely and checked my loot; from my first kill, only a material, but my second kill heeded ninety five Col and a similar material.

---

ID: 31339

MD: 1 = Failure

Killer Mantis: *DEAD*

LD: 11 = 95 Col + 1 Mantis Arm (Mat)

Edited by Grave

I let out a drawn out breath, pulling myself up off of the ground and lazily closing the transparent tab.  My view turned up to the blue above and I flicked my mask skyward.  I pressed my plated fists to the middle of my back and pushed in, sending a wave of cracks up my virtual spine.  Boy, was I smashed after that.  Best idea for that point in time until I was rested enough to stroll all the way back to town; try fruitlessly to find crafting materials.  That plan was off to a bad start; absolutely nothing in my immediate vicinity.

---

ID: 31348

LD: 2 = Unlucky bastard

Grave: 31/37 HP (Nat. Healing)

Edited by Grave