[PP-F1] A Chance Meeting (Complete)

Teion & Emerath vs. Boar

• ID#: 29540
  • BD: 3 (Fail)
  • MD: 3 (-1=2) (Fail)
  • Teion HP: 12/13
  • Boar HP: 2/7
  • Hate: Teion (2), Emerath (1)

As Emerath's rapier hit its mark, Teion smirked, almost how a teacher would be happy when their student was successful. Giving another swing of her axe, she didn't expect the boar's reflexes to allow him to dodge the strike. The creature stumbled, sidestepping her attack. Likewise, as the boar's tusks swung at her, she shifted backwards. Scowling at her failure, she hoped Emerath wouldn't think much of it and take the opportunity to finish the beast off.

Edited by Teion
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teion & Emerath vs. Boar

• ID: 29542
  • BD: 9 (Critical Success) +1 DMG
  • LD: 7 (1 Crafting Material)
  • Boar HP: 2/7 -> -1/7 Defeated!

Emerath watched as Teion and the boar swung at each other futilely, and readied his rapier. He had seen other adventurers do this out in the field, and he thought now might be as good a time as any to try it, since he was in a party. His rapier began to glow, and Emerath shouted "Switch!" as he leapt forward at the boar. The blow hit its mark, and Emerath's rapier was now lodged firmly in the animal's forehead. After only a moment, the monster exploded into a shower of pixels and Emerath stood there, his heart thumping wildly. He sheathed his rapier and turned to the girl, a big grin on his face. "We did it!"

Emerath was both happy and relieved. With the thought of constant death looming over them, they needed to be more careful rather than just challenging random boars. Emerath noticed that a loot window had popped up. He poked it and it opened to reveal a Dense Stone. Emerath examined it.

"Dense Stone: Best used in the creation of weapons and armor." He looked over at Teion, "You wouldn't happen to be interested in blacksmithing would you? I plan on being an alchemist, so I don't think I'll be needing this material."

Edited by Emerath
  • Out of combat regeneration - Teion HP: 12/13 -> 13/13

As Emerath called out, Teion smirked, a little surprised that he was familiar with the mechanic. She jumped backwards, clearing the way and giving him a clear shot at the enemy. As his blade cleanly punctured the boar's hide and it dissipated into light, Teion sheathed her axe on her back, clapping for a second at their victory. It was a bit odd working together with Emerath, but she wouldn't deny that it was incredibly easier than being alone.

As she listened to him speak again, she realized she hadn't addressed his question previously. "Oh, sorry! Yes, actually I'm going to take the quest to become a blacksmith. Alchemy does sound more like your thing." She began thinking out loud, starting to wonder which profession would be best suited for Dael. Trying to keep her mind from worrying about him again, she tried changing the topic. "So, um... Would you like to do some more, or...?" She felt a little guilty about charging off ahead.

Edited by Teion

Emerath looked at Teion's question and shrugged. "Well, to be fair, when I said we should do something on the way back, I had meant gathering. It seemed a bit more safe." Emerath rubbed his chin and considered for a moment, "Though after dispatching that boar, I'd say things might not be as bad as I expected. It's just a matter of not taking on what you can't handle." Emerath looked off into the horizon. "I'm fine with gathering or hunting for boars. Either seems like a prudent option as long as we stick together."

Emerath pointed off to the distance, "I believe there's a forest off that way. We could always explore that as well, though I don't know if we're ready for wolves. They're generally a bit less friendly than boars."

Teion stopped to think for a moment, considering his words. ”Ah, sorry. Although it looks like you’ve gotten some experience already. With the two of us, we can probably consider going farther out soon.” She had caught a glimpse of some wolves in the forested area before, but she wasn’t sure what other types of monsters would be lurking there. She was confident, but did her best to start exercising caution, especially when she felt responsible for someone besides just herself. She would never say something like that out loud, though, even with what little experience she’s had with Emerath’s personality. She just knew he would take it the wrong way.

”But we should probably still stick around here for a bit.” As much as she enjoyed the thought of adventure, the risks were just too great. ”And I think we’re likely to get better stuff from the monsters.” She wasn’t sure if crafting material sold well or not at the marketplace, but combat loot enticed her too much to stay completely away from fighting.

Emerath considered Teion's words. Though he was a bit hesitant, he couldn't help but agree with what they were saying. But what was the challenge in beating up on just a lone boar? Then Emerath remembered that he had gotten that material from the last boar. "Oh, before I forget, here." He pulled the stone out of his inventory and tossed it to Teion. He knew there was a trading system, but doing that made the world feel a bit more real and interesting than just shoving items around on a screen. "Use that to make something nice. I won't even ask for a cut of the profits on this one."

Emerath smiled innocently at that and then looked off in the distance. "Well, if your mind is set on battle, perhaps that mother boar and its babies will do? I'm certain we can take her on, and the babies may just yield an added bonus and experience." Emerath pointed over to what looked like a small nest of bushes on a nearby hilltop.

Teion caught the material in her gloved hand, giving a nod of thanks and a slight smirk at his words. ”It’s okay,” She smiled back, ”Once I get some practice in I’ll help you get out of that newbie get-up and make you some real gear.”

She followed Emerath’s gesture to see the larger mother boar with her two babies not far in the distance. She twirled her axe and nodded in eager agreement. ”Sounds good. Speaking of real gear, I’ll take the mother since this gives me slightly better defense.” She teased, knocking a couple times on her leather tunic. As they discussed the plan and headed out to start the fight, Teion gripped her axe. Leading the way, she nodded to Emerath and rushed ahead to engage the monster.

Teion & Emerath vs. Boar Family

• ID#: 29762

• BD: 3 (Fail)

• MD: 8 (-1=7) (Success)

• Teion HP: 13/13 -> 12/13

• Mother Boar HP: 8/8

• Hate: Teion (1)

Teion held her axe ready to swing, approaching the mother boar quickly. Rushing up the hill, the mother spotted her and focused its bright red eyes at her. As she closed in and got into range, Teion swung her axe across, only to lose her footing on the grassy hill. She stumbled, able to catch herself right before the large boar slammed its body into her torso, knocking her to the ground. Gritting her teeth, Teion growled and pushed herself back to her feet, lowering her stance and readying for the boar’s next attack.

• ID: 29767
  • BD: 6 (Success)
  • MD: 6 (Success)
  • LD: 2 (Out of Combat Loot Rules = No Loot)

Emerath nodded in agreement with Teion as she ran off for the mother boar. Emerath broke off from her and charged at the two babies. They seemed stunned, and it was just enough as Emerath drove his rapier through one's side, as it promptly exploded in to pixels. The other baby wasn't stunned for long however, as it ran headlong into Emerath's leg, nearly flipping him over. Emerath managed to turn it into a forward roll to minimize the damage, and he spun around to face the baby, now back to back with Teion.

• Emerath HP: 13/13 -> 12/13
  • Baby Boar 1: 2/2 -> 0/2 Defeated!
  • Baby Boar 2: 2/2
  • Hate: Emerath (1)

Edited by Emerath

• ID#: 29770

• BD: 4 (Fail)

• MD: 4 (-1=3) (Fail)

• Teion HP: 12/13

• Hate: Teion (2)

The boar attacked first this time, and Teion recognized the pattern quickly enough to jump out of the way of the monster’s lunge. Its large tusks missed her completely. Clumsily, she didn’t have enough time or momentum to successfully swing at it in the process, so as she landed she gripped Eclipse’s handle firmly and brought the blade above her head, preparing to strike.

Edited by Teion

• ID: 29771
  • BD: 2 (Failure)
  • MD: 1 (Critical Failure)

Emerath hadn't really considered the fact that a large boar would be charging at Teion when he was standing right behind her. Emerath began to prepare his attack on the baby boar, and heard the grunting and combat behind him. He only had just enough time to make a clumsy sidestep as the mother boar raced past him. The baby boar had also begun to charge forward, but found its mother instead of Emerath. It screeched to a halt and stared up at its mother, making a small squeaking sound.

A part of Emerath started to feel bad. And then the other part of him remembered this was just a game and this entire family would respawn as if nothing happened in an hour or so. He readied his rapier for another attack.

• Emerath HP: 12/13
  • Baby Boar 1: 0/2
  • Baby Boar 2: 2/2
  • Hate: Emerath (2)
Edited by Emerath

• ID#: 29773

• BD: 4 (Fail)

• MD: 7 (-1=6) (Success)

• Teion HP: 12/13 -> 11/13

• Hate: Teion (3)

Teion brought down her axe just as the mother boar swung around from it’s  last attack. Its large tusks collided with the blade of her weapon and caused its path to veer off course, directly into the ground. Giving another rumbling growl underneath her breath, Teion attempted to dislodge the blade right before realizing the the boar swung its head back around for an attack. Its sharp tusk grazed her torso, leaving her a thing red line across her stomach. Stumbling backwards a step, she wrenched her axe back to her control.

• BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG
  • LD: 15 (Out of Combat Rules = 1 Crafting Mat)

Emerath didn't like the momentary feelings of pity that he had felt watching the baby boar squeak at its mother. This was just a game, and these were just lines of code. It's not like he was actually taking the life of this boar, not like he would be if he attacked a player. Sure, players were code too, but they could actually die. As the baby boar's mother ran off, the baby boar began to give a loud wail of confusion. That was all Emerath needed. He gave an angry battle cry as he charged at the boar and thrust the point of his rapier directly through the tiny boar's eye, giving it only a moment of a horrified expression before it exploded into a shower of pixels.

Then Emerath turned his attention on the mother, huffing a bit from exertion.

• Emerath's HP: 12/13
  • Baby Boar 1: 0/2 HP
  • Baby Boar 2: 2/2 HP -> -0/2 HP Defeated!
Edited by Emerath

• ID#: 29783

• BD: 10 (Critical Success)

• MD: 10 (Critical Success)

• Teion HP: 11/13 -> 8/13

• Mother Boar HP: 3/8 (Bleeding for 2 turns)

• Hate: Teion (6)

”Haa!” Teion gave a cry as she and the boar charge each other. Bringing her axe across her body, the boar lunged forward and both attacks simultaneously hit their mark. Teion’s axe stuck firmly against the boar’s left side, a large, bright red wound glowing against its hide. She froze for a moment as she realized the enemy not only struck her, but her health began dropping into the yellow zone. As the two had collided, one of the boar’s large tusks struck her straight-on, piercing her armor completely. The mother squealed in both pain and confidence, shaking its head firmly to one side to dislodge the girl from its tusk. Her hands were frozen, still firmly clasped around the handle of her weapon. As she was thrown from the boar’s front end, the end of her blade scraped across its side, deepening the wound. Teion was unable to keep her legs beneath her to catch herself, falling backwards. She pushed again Eclipse’s wooden handle to bring herself upright, coming to her knees as the boar cried and squealed, noticeably in pain.

Edited by Teion

• ID: 29788
  • BD: 7 (Success)

Emerath was a bit stunned for a moment by the display in front of him. One moment, Teion and the boar were poised for battle, and the next they were in the air, a massive strike on both sides. When they separated, Emerath saw both of their health bars drop significantly. Emerath's heart skipped a beat, but the damage wasn't nearly as bad as it couldv'e been for Teion.

Emerath blinked, and he remembered that he was still in this fight too. He lifted his sword in front of him, and prepared his strike. As the blade began to glow, Emerath rushed forward, to follow-up from Teion's attack. He pierced the boar's side, and watched the health bar, hopeful, but it wasn't quite enough. A red sliver remained. Emerath gave a curse under his breath and leapt backwards, hoping that Teion was ready for the final blow. "Switch!" he shouted as he hit the ground.

• Emerath's HP: 12/13
  • Momma Boar's HP: 3/8 -> 1/8
  • Hate: Teion (6), Emerath (1)
Edited by Emerath

• ID#: 29790

• BD: 5 (Fail)

• MD: 5 (-1=4) (Fail)

• LD: 12 (1 crafting material, 40 Col)

• Teion HP: 8/13

• Mother Boar HP: 1/8 -> 0/8 (2 Bleed Damage)

• Level Up! Teion’s health has increased to 10/15

As the boar’s health ticked downward, Teion was relieved to see Emerath strike the boar again and bring it closer to zero. Pulling herself to her feet, she heard Emerath’s call and rushed foward to swing at the boar and hopefully finish it off.

Her final swing was a clumsy display; she approached and lost her balance, clipping the edge of the boar’s hide as she she caught herself to remain steady on her feet. The boar simply staggered, and its health bar finished slipping to empty with the huge wound across its side. As Teion missed, the boar dematerialized a second later, vanishing into light. The girl dropped to her knees, exhausted and waiting for her health to start regenerating. A window appeared before her, listing the loot received from the kill. She inspected an herb she didn’t recognize before grabbing the item from her inventory. She twisted around to look back at Emerath and flashed him a grin, tossing the material to him. ”There you go. Maybe when my fancy armor doesn’t work, you can have some health potions ready.” She laughed, feeling a bit embarrassed with how the fight went.

Edited by Teion

*Level Up! Emerath's HP: 12/13 -> 12/15*

*Out of Combat Regen: 12/15 -> 13/15*

Emerath sheathed his rapier with a flourish and looked up to catch the herb coming at him. He looked at it for a moment before poking it to examine what it was.

"Aloe Vera: Primarily used for burns, but has other medicinal purposes" Emerath smiled. "Well, I suppose that does make us even," he said as he placed the item in his inventory. Emerath sighed and realized how exhausted that had made him. "It's too bad I don't have a health potion now," he mused, "you look like you might be able to use one."

• Out of combat regeneration - Teion HP: 10/15 -> 11/15

Teion gave a nervous laugh at his last comment, embarrassed with her poor display. 'Well, I blew that chance to show off.' She sat back on her feet, not yet feeling the strength or desire to stand back up right away. She sheathed her weapon behind her back and began examining her injuries. Getting hurt in this world was strange. Looking down at her abdomen, it was odd seeing the glowing red circle left by the boar's tusk. The cuts and scratches looked a bit more normal, but bright red holes were just weird. "At least we did it," She tried to salvage her pride with a sigh. "So, what are you thinking? Want to head back soon?"

*Out of Combat Regen: 13/15 -> 14/15*

Boar's Nest (Out of Combat Gathering)

• ID: 29919
  • LD: 10 (Failure)

Emerath noticed a bit of red creep onto Teion's face and her nervous chuckle. He frowned a bit, "I didn't mean anything bad by that. I just meant... well, you're injured. But you did good. All I did was kill babies." He shrugged, and knelt down in the dirt, looking around for anything useful. He sighed, "Not even some boar dung. It's clean."

He stood up and looked around, "I honestly can't think of anything else to do without hunting more boars." No offense to Teion, but I'm starting to feel like I'm just an annoyance anyway, he thought to himself with a sigh, I never have been good at these social things.

Edited by Emerath
  • Out of combat regeneration - Teion HP: 11/15 -> 12/15

• ID#: 26640

• LD: 1 (No loot)

Teion shrugged, taking the compliment. ”Mm, I’m feeling better. Why don’t we explore a bit and head back to town?” With the bit of money she was managing to save up, she was a bit excited to check out the shops again. She placed her hands against her knees and pushed herself up to stand. She stretched her arms over her head and sighed lightly. ”Although I admit, I’ve never done any gathering before. I wonder what I’m looking for…?” She started to think aloud, scanning the ground around her feet. ’Are there mining nodes, or hunks of rock laying around? Do I need a mining pick or something…?’ She thought, feeling clueless as she tried to scan the area.

*Out of Combat Regen: 14/15 -> 15/15*

Baby Trees for Potions (Out of Combat Gathering)

• ID: 30065
  • LD: 20 (+1 Crafting Material)

Emerath mused on what Teion was saying as he began to walk down the hill and towards the city. "I think anything in this world can be used to craft. The game seems freeform enough that if you explore the world around you, you might find crafting materials in some of the most surprising places." As he took another step, he suddenly stopped, his foot hovering in the air. He looked down, and put his foot back a step. "Like, this sapling. I can probably use it for some sort of alchemy."

Emerath bent down and pulled the sapling out of the ground. He smiled, it looked fairly large for a sapling and had quite a bit of substance to it. He poked it to examine. "Hill Root: A root used to add spice to dishes and potions alike." He turned to Teion, showing her the examination result, "Like so!"

Edited by Emerath