[[COMPLETE]] [PP-F5] <<The Traveler>> Winds of Change (Abalasster)

I woke up in the town of beginnings with a mission: I would complete a quest. I had recently heard about a quest that had appeared up on the fifth floor, something about traveling through the desert, but whatever it was it gave you an extra skill so I was in. The only problem, I had never done a quest so I felt like I should probably ask someone to accompany me. I didn't have many options. Because of my tendency to stay solo, I didn't have many friends in the game. On top of that, some of the people I did know, like Mack, kinda hated me. The only person I felt like I could count on for this was Abalasster. When we first met he had said that he trusted me above the others and since that point he had stayed pretty friendly. Having made up my mind, as I walked out the door of my inn I swiped alive my menu and began sending Abalasster a message. I hit send when I was done and wandered through town as I waited for a response. 

(I think you have to be friends to send messages, so let's just pretend that we are ;) )

Edited by Koumori

(Why pretend something that is true :D)

I was sitting at my cart, trying to sell some items to passers by when I got the message. It was from Koumori. I smiled. This was a person that I knew that I could trust and thought like me. I flipped the sign on the cart to say that it was closed and read the message. It was an invite to a quest on the fifth floor. I knew that this floor would have that terrain of a desert. I took the robes from the guild that Mack had recently given me. I knew that this would strike up conversation with Koumori, seeing as the two titans were always at war. I messaged him back telling him to meet me at the tavern inside the settlement. I took Khepri and placed him on my shoulder...

Once I got to the tavern I ordered a glass of water and waited for Koumori to show up. I looked around the tavern to see that it was relatively empty, so it wouldn't be hard for him to miss me. I removed my hood just in case he couldn't make me out with this new appearance...

( Haha of course we are, but we never had a formal friend request)

It took Abalasster almost no time at all to respond to my request. Thankfully he agreed and asked me to meet him in a tavern on the fifth floor. I got up from the seat I had taken and made my way over to the teleport gate. As I reached it I remembered I would be venturing into a desert, so I adjusted my clothing accordingly. I manipulated the mannequin on my menu and changed into a black hooded trench coat. At least I thought it was a trench coat. All I knew was it reached my ankles and most certainly wasn't a cloak. I topped it off with a dark green scarf and was on my way. After I stepped out of the gate I wandered through the strange town until I found the small tavern Abalasster had specified. I entered and saw the place was almost deserted so I easily found my friend sitting inside. He was wearing a cloak that signified he was a member of Mack's guild. Great. He was facing the other direction, so he didn't see me as I approached him. "So you joined Mack's playground pact after all?" I said as I took my seat in front of him. It was in no way an insult directed at Abalasster, only at Mack, and I knew he'd understand that. In any case, I had to thank him for coming, "Thanks for helping me out"

Edited by Koumori

"Yeah, he and that darn bear sure did drive a hard bargain. However, without me there, the treasury would be an awful sight to see. I see myself as the modern Alexander Hamilton for that guild. Now, lets get down to business. About this quest, I have heard about it. Some pretty mean stuff that NPC must have gone through. That cache better contain some pretty good stuff. I also heard that it will take a day and a night to find to get to the desert. Then we have one day to find the cache before it spoils. Now, once there, we will have to trek through the mobs and the desert itself. Hopefully we can find this cache. Now, we shouldn't have trouble with the mobs. But for now, go ahead and order what you want, I'll pick up the bill". I sat back and drank my water. I would need to be hydrated if I wanted to survive in the desert terrain. All I hope is that we don't just go out there and find nothing A fluke like this would really upset me...

Hmm, even he ragged on Mack. I could see why he liked me. Anyway, like he said, down to business. He told me the things he knew about the quest, things which I had heard from others but served to cement their legitimacy. "Right that's about what I've been hearing. I hope the mobs aren't a problem, otherwise I don't think we'll have any troubles. Unless we run into a sandstorm." He said something about ordering a drink on him so I accepted. "Thanks" I turned to the waiter "I'll have just tea" When my beverage arrived I picked it up and waited for it to cool down as I continued the conversation. "I think we should leave soon, before it gets dark."

"I agree. I'm all set if you are" I leaned back in my chair. This choice was a bit foolish of mine. LAst time i did this, I almost had a knife in my eye. I looked around the tavern again. I noticed something, more or less someone, that I hadn't noticed before. It wore a black robe and covered its face. from where it was sitting, it could probably see us in its peripheral vision. I got up out of my chair and laid the Col. on the table. "On second thought, lets get on our way now. We have limited time to get the supply cache after all. I didn't look over to the hooded figure. I didn't want Koumori to get suspicious of him too...  

Abalasster agreed that we should get going soon before he leaned back in his chair. That being the case, I thought we could sit down for a bit before heading out, but then he started acting strangely. He suddenly rose from his chair and said we should leave immediately. I wasn't expecting him to do that so I was a little suspicious, his whole demeanor practically changed. I got up from my chair and looked quizzically at him "Okay...but is something wrong? You're acting strange?" I didn't know what had triggered his behavior but I figured it most have been something important for him to want to leave like that. It might not have had anything to do with me but I hoped he would tell me. Before he got the chance though I began walking to the door, maybe he'd be more comfortable speaking of we left. 

I pulled my hood back over my head and pulled the cloth that would cover everything from my chin to my nose into its place. I began to walk into the desert, Koumori not to far behind me. "Here goes our 24 hour adventure" I called back to Koumori. I still couldn't shake the figure in the black robes. He just didn't give me the right vibe. I then realized that i had yet to answer  Koumori's question. "To answer your question, i was a bit offset by one of the patrons of the tavern. He wasn't there long, but he rubbed me the wrong way" this was a half truth. I knew that i couldn't show weakness in front of Koumori. I was one of pride and had an intention not to sacrifice it now. Luckily, before he could say anything else, I saw a throwing axe land in the sand not too far from my feet. I knew this axe. Its design was very familiar to me. I looked over to where the axe came from. It was the same mummified corpse that i had fought right before i faced the Gemini. I drew my rapier. I wasn't about to let the journey end this fast. If he wanted to trade blows again, i would send him back to see Osiris...   

As we walked out into the desert, a readjusted my clothing. I raised my hood over my head and repositioned my scarf to cover my nose and mouth. With a get up like that, I was definitely ready for the journey ahead. Or at least cliche. One of the two. After a pause Abalasster answered my previous question, but despite that I could tell he wasn't being completely open. "Someone suspicious then? What about him could've spooked you?" Just as I asked that an axe landed at our feet. I was startled by its sudden appearance but I didn't openly advertise it. I wasn't a person who typically flinched at things. The thrower was too far in the distance for me to see. Since Abalasster was a bit in front of me I thought that maybe he had caught a glimpse. I readied myself and raised my hand to my back to grip the hilt of my sword, "What was that?" I didn't take it out, but was ready just in case. 

"Its nothing we can't handle" I said to Koumori. This creature, the Mummified Corpse, was an enemy that I was more than familiar with. But the way this one looked offset me even more than the other one had. This one had some kind of Aura around it that really just made me shutter. It looked more mummified and more decayed. It seemed as if this thing was just barely holding on to life. Nevertheless, I ran at the creature. "I'll strike first, then your up Koumori" I wanted to kill this creature so we could just move on with our adventure...

ID: 29886

BD: 8 (7+1) -1 dmg

Abalasster 27/27

Koumori 29/29

Mummified Corpse 16/17

I plunged my rapier into the creature. I knew that it was able to do some damage. I quickly took my rapier out of the creature and left it open for Koumori to strike... 

Edited by Abalasster

ID: 30013

BD: 1+1=2

Before us stood an enemy named Mummified Corpse. The creature, on a whole, was actually quite menacing. For obvious reasons it didn't frighten me, but it certainly could've done so to others. Glory came to mind for that one, I bet she'd be freaked out by it. Anyway, Abalasster launched a successful against the creature and brought its health down by one. Better than nothing. After his strike he moved to the side to allow me to switch in. I unsheathed my blade and lunged for the creature. But as soon as the sword was in my grip I knew I would miss. It dawned on me that I had never used my new sword in battle, so I was not even close to used to the balance. The sword ended up in a position that the corpse could easily dodge. "Grrr" I grunted to myself after my failure. I recovered from my lung and stood up back behind the creature, facing Abalasster. "New sword, not used to it yet." That was humiliating. I didn't want him to see me fail like that right off the bat. 

Edited by Koumori

"Its alright Koumori, it happens to all of us" i said to him. He must have been discouraged. However, i didn't intend on missing my next blow. I watched as the creature Spun its axe as it moved closer and closer to us...

ID; 30226

MD: 9

Abalasster 25/27 - 1 dmg mit

Koumori 29/29

Mummified corpse 16/17

The mob Threw many slashes at me. I was able to block most of them. But, it started to swing faster and faster, and i wasn't able to catch up. It thrusted its axe into my left leg. I let out a shriek of pain. I shoved the creature back. I took the axe out of my leg. Before Koumori had a chance to intervene, i held up a hand and said, "I got this". This creature had only hurt me, and i could still run. I ran up to the creature. i stopped right outside of melee range...

ID: 30227

BD: 9

Abalasster 25/27 

Koumori 29/29

Mummified Corpse 14/17 -2 bleed next 2 turns

I threw robes that Mack had given me in the face of the creature. This gave me my chance. I thrust my rapier into the creature.  i took it out and backflipped back to Koumori. Luckily, i had my Zealot robes on underneath my guild robes...

ID: 30321

BD: 1+1=2 (why, just why)

I watched as the creature narrowly got Abalasster in the leg. I was about to intervene but he told me he had it under control, which he did. He quickly recovered and used his cloak to blind the mummy for a strike. Abalasster landed a solid hit before flipping away and landing next to me. Now looked like my opening. The creature still had the cloak draped over him so I took that opportunity to charge once more. But before I could reach him he threw off the cloak and hit me with it. The cloak wrapped around my head and completely blocked my vision. I didn't stumble over and fall but I did stop my approach. I quickly fumbled with the thing and threw it off my head. "Great, just great"

Edited by Koumori

I saw that Koumori needed assistance and that the creature was closing in on him. I ran towards the two as the creature began to raise it's axe. I wasn't sure if i would make it in time or not...

ID: 30353

MD: 5

Abalasster 26/26

Koumori 29/29

Mummified corpse 12/17 -2 bleed next turn

I was able to get in front of Koumori to block the monster from striking my friend. The creature obviously wasn't too impressed because it let out a roar/growl in what i can only decipher as frustration. Along with it came saliva all across my face. I pushed the creature back from me and Koumori. This staggered it and i took my chance to strike it...

ID: 30354

BD; 9

CD; 10

Abalasster 27/27

Koumori 29/29

Mummified corpse 8/17 -2 bleed next two turns

I thrust my rapier into the thing and then used the momentum from the strike to throw it to the ground. I took my rapier from its abdomen. I had been able to set Koumori up perfectly. This was his chance to possibly land the killing blow on the creature...  

ID:30517

BD:7+1=8

Mummified Corpse 3/17 -2 bleed one turn

Abalasster was able to jump in the way of the creature before it could catch me off guard. Not only had he been able to block it but he also was able to land a strike. With his rapier he brought the corpse down to the ground, practically laying it out for me. This time I would not miss. The corpse was getting up when I reached it, but it wasn't nearly fast enough. With a lightning fast swing of my right arm a sliced my blade diagonally across its body, doing a fair bit of damage. "Finally!" The creature stumbled back. It was on its last leg. The bleed that Abalasster inflicted on it would almost ensure it would die after the next blow. I stepped back to make room for my friend.

Edited by Koumori

I saw that Koumori was able to land a blow, one that had set me up perfectly. The creature was practically just barely holding a grip on its life. Now was my time to end this, once and for all...

ID: 30596

BD: 10

I ran up to the creature that was trying to pick itself off the ground. I plunged my rapier right into its chest. This knocked it right to the ground. I sat on top of it and raised my rapier for the final blow. I looked into its cold, hard eyes. It looked as if it didn't have any remorse or was at all afraid. Like it knew that fighting back was futile. I plunged my rapier into the creature before it had any chance to do anything rash. I got off the creature, grabbed my robes and sheathed my rapier. I looked back to Koumori. "What a wonderful beginning to our adventure. Now, lets go out and find that cache." We still had to transverse the desert. Something I wasn't looking forward to...

Abalasster was able to destroy the mummy without any issue. He delivered a few well placed blows with his rapier and that was all she wrote. I swung my sword and slid it back into my sheath. Abalasster did the same and replaced his robe and looked back to me. "Right, looks like we're doing good so far. If you're ready lets go then." I flipped my hood back on my head and readjusted my scarf and set out once more. I didn't know how far we still had to go, but it was probably quite a ways. I was anxious to get what we came for but I had a feeling we might have some troubles up ahead. The winds and sand were becoming intense, it looked like a storm was brewing 

(I've totally forgotten what we need to do. Do we just walk till we find a cache?)

(We just need to go into the desert and look for a cache. It will take us a day and a night to get to where the cache is. If you don't mind, I'm going to make the journey there as short as possible. Also, we lose 1 HP for every time we land a 1 on the CD when we are in the desert. )

We began our trek into the desert. This 24 hour journey was one that i wasn't looking forward to. But to my surprise, it was a journey that was fairly easy and we weren't approached by any mobs or strangers. We walked into the place where the quest had told us to go and search for the Cache. I looked out into the fields of sand. It was a wasteland, filled with broken carts and bones of creatures. I looked to Koumori and told him that we should probably stick together when looking for this Cache. The sand was beginning to hinder my vision and if i lost Koumori, then i would be all on my own...  

(If quick is what you want, then I can find it right now.)

Abalasster and I walked all day. After many hours of searching, and surprisingly very few mob attacks, we reached the area where the quest directed us. It was almost like some sort of cemetery, with carts, bones, and other machines strewn about the sand. By this point the storm had increased even more and combined with the low visibility it was becoming increasingly difficult to see. Abalasster suggested we stay together, an idea I quickly agreed to. "Good idea, don't want to get separated." We dug around that place for what seemed like hours and my hopes for finding it soon began to falter. I almost jumped when I saw something in the corner of my eye. Buried beneath a pile of strange skeletons was a large chest. I ran over to it and pulled the bodies out of the way to fully reveal my find. It looked like it was it. I turned around and yelled over my shoulder. "Abalasster, over here! Check this out!"

ID: 30608

CD: 7

I looked back to Koumori who was motioning me to where he was. I walked to see that the cache wasn't to far away from us. I smiled and ran towards it. "I can't believe that it was this easy" i said to Koumori. I then heard a cold voice from behind us say "That's because it isn't that easy. I looked back to barely see the figure in the black robes from the tavern. I gripped my rapier and turned towards him. "My good sir, we have found the cache fair and square, why don't you just let us be on our way". The man just drew his sword and didn't respond. "I shrugged and drew my rapier as well. "Fine, if it is going to be like that.."  I got into my fighting position and motioned for Koumori to strike first...

(We can't end it that fast :D )