PP-F1 Training Lawfer (Guild)

I walked into the Wandering Forge, the wonderful Headquarters of the Crimson Blades. I couldn't wait to get a new HQ. This one was roomy but way to small for what we all required. I took my place near where we kept the Col and began to take inventory. I looked and i saw that not too far away from me was the recruitment ledger. I stopped looking at the currency and took the ledger. I flipped it open to see how many recruits had signed aboard with the guild so far. We had a pretty big number seeing as how we had only been functioning for a little while now. I saw that most of the guild higher ups were out in the field training their padawans. They were out having fun while i counted coins. I kept on looking towards the flap on the tent, praying that anyone would enter...  

"Let's see... Its around here isn't it?" Lawfer asked himself as he wandered around starter city. He had spent much of his time so far trying to figure out the game functions rather than training himself out in the wilderness. He didn't want to make the stupid mistake of getting himself killed before he figured out the system. Running his hand through his hair then scratching the back of his head... he finally saw the tent he was looking for. It was called the Wandering Forge, unknown to him as to why it was named that way. It was the home of the Crimson Blades, a small guild that was growing steadily in popularity and power. Walking towards the tent he thought, 'This is the only way im going to survive here. Exciting stuff.'

As he reached the entrance, he pulled back the door flap. Looking around, he stepped into the Forge. He noticed a teenager sitting down reading over what seemed like ledgers. "Hi..." Lawfer stated as he raised his hand and fashioned a partial wave. "Im Lawfer, i was looking to join up with the Crimson Blades." 

As soon as i saw the flap of the tent open, my heart almost jumped out of its place. I saw the new face come in and introduce himself as Lawfer. I walked over to the Newcomer and introduced myself. "Hello Lawfer. I'm Abalasster, Grand treasurer of the guild. If you are here to sign up, go write your name down in the ledger. I will take on your training. Once your done, we will be going right out into the field. So, if you're all set, you can go up and we can start now. Or, if you have some things to get in order or and questions, i will be happy to answer them". I was so ready for this. Hopefully he wouldn't request to see one of the other higher ups to conduct his training... 

"Nice to meet you Abalasster." Lawfer replied as he smiled and began walking to the counter with the ledger on it. Picking up the quill, he proceeded to write, J a. He stopped immediately and ran a line across the letters in an attempt to scribble it out. He was not Jared in this world, he was Lawfer, and he needed to constantly remind himself of that. This being the first time he played any kind of online game, he had to stick to his new identity. he proceeded to write out his name. Lawfer was definitely curious about Abalasster, he had never met him before but knew he had to have skills. He was after all a high ranking member in the guild. He summized that Abalasster was intelligent and dependable. There was no way that a guild would rest the entirety of its financial well being on his shoulders without good reason. He had trust in Abalasster because of that fact.

"I think I'm good to go. Just a heads up though, I haven't really battled very much here in Aincrad, but I am a fast learner so I wont let you down." Lawfer was confident in that aspect. He knew that he would learn the system fast and try to figure out the best way to make use of his character build. "I'm in your care now Abalasster. Lets see how fast you can make me into this guilds next rising star." He laughed. "Where are we off to?" he asked as he walked towards his new comrad.

"Alright Lawfer, since your ready, we are off to the fields of the first floor. Its all exciting at first, but it will beginning to decay". I motioned for him to follow me out of the tent. He did follow and I lead him out to the fields. "First, lets discuss combat. You may or may not know that your health is 2 times you level plus 3. So for you, its 5. Now, I hope that you put your first skill into your weapon, because it will help you out a bit. Now, I will commence the first fight and you can model after me". I looked around the fields and found a very small boar. It looked weak enough to take out in a very small amount of time. I drew my rapier and charged at the boar

ID: 29887

BD: 9     -2 dmg

Abalasster 27/27

Small boar 0/2

I plunged my rapier directly into the boar. It totally didn't see me coming. It fell in just one stab. I took the rapier out of the boar and sheathed it. I looked toward Lawfer. "Its not always that easy. Don't always expect to be able to insta-kill an enemy. And also, Most mobs have 2 times the health of the floor and do half the damage of the floor rounded up. Now, your up."

"You got it!" Lawfer followed Abalasster out to the field. He rarely left the safe zone due to his lack of understanding in combat. In real life, Lawfer wasn't much of a fighter, he dedicated his time to his studies and because of that he never felt the reasoning to fight. Sure he's been roughed up a bit, mainly because of his overconfidence with his tongue. But this new way of fighting was interesting. Lawfer carefully watched Abalasster as he drew his rapier. Then proceeded to slay the bore in one go. 'So this is combat..' He thought to himself as he firmly gripped his spear. "Thank for the advice. Its a good thing I invested my stat points into my spear. I'll make sure to put it to good use!" Spotting another boar not to far off closing distance on him rapidly. "Looks like he spotted me first." Lawfer stated as his smile quickly turned into a smirk.

Stepping forward with his left foot, Lawfer lowered his stance. His weight was evenly distributed, ready to strike once the boar came into range.

ID# 29914 results:

MOB: 5 -0 dmg
Battle: 8 - 2(1+1) DMG 

Lawfer 5/5 hp
Boar 0/2 hp

Lawfer realized that he had hesitated for a moment too long, the boar got inside the tip of his spear and was nearing its attack range. Quickly, Lawfer stepped to the side, the Boar had just missed. As Lawfer reestablished his footing he lunged forward with his spear, piercing the side of the boar. It shattered into blue pixels that eventually disappeared. "Looks like I got one. Time for another one?" He asked Abalasster as he smiled ear to ear. It was nice having someone have his back.

"Amazing my friend. Keep it up like that and we will have a wonderful time killing mobs. Now, lets look for some more." I turned to see a herd of boar. I stopped for a second. This would be child's play for me, but what about Lawfer. If I tank all the damage, it should be fine. "Alright, we are off to go and attack that boar herd over there" I said pointing to the 5 boar in the distance. I began to walk slowly over to them with my rapier in hand. One of the boars was bigger than the other, which would more than likely mean it had more HP. This could be Lawfer's first chance at getting loot. I threw a stone at the boars to get their attention. They all turned in my direction. I got into my defensive stance and called back to Lawfer, get ready to fight...

Abalasster 27/27

Lawfer 9/9

Boar 2/2

Boar 2  2/2

Boar 3   3/3

Boar 4    2/2

Big boar    6/6

5 boars... Well this isnt going to turn out that well. Lawfer thought as he noticed that Abalaaster got into his defensive stance. There was always a time for offense and defense, but Lawfer knew he had to thin the ranks out before they over ran both of them. As the five boars charged, Lawfer sprinted forward to the left flank trying to catch the 4th boar off guard. It seemed like their attention was focused on Abalasster because he spawned them. He doubted it would stay on him for long. Clinching his spear in his right hand he lunged forward and thrusted into the fourth boar.

ID# 30046 Results:
BD: 6- 2 (1+1) DMG
MD: 1 -0 DMG

Lawfer 9/9
Boar 4: 0/2 

"One Down!" Lawfer yelled as he burst through the broken blue pixels. The boars continued to charge forward. He hadn't fought multiple enemies at once before so he was looking for guidance from Abalasster. "Which one should I take on next?" He asked, eyeing the big boar next.

ID: 30219-30222

MD: 1, 4, 8, 1

Abalasster 26/27

Boar 1 2/2

Boar 2 2/2

Boar 3 2/2

Big Boar 6/6

"Good job Law," i called back to the warrior i was training. He was able to kill one of the boars right out of the gate. I looked back to the boars to see one of them charging at me. I knew that my block wouldn't be very successful, but it should be able to block the majority of the damage. The charge pushed me back a bit but it wasn't too much. I retaliated by attacking the Big Boar, cut the head from the snake

ID: 30225

BD: 9

Big boar 4/6 -2 bleed next two turns. 

I smiled and called back to Lawfer. "Attack which ever one suits you. That big Boar will bleed to death..." 

"You got it boss!" Lawfer yelled as he charged forward. He had originally wanted to finish off the big boar, but since it was going to bleed to death he let let it be. Shifting his gaze and attention to the third boar that had damaged Abalasster slightly. Lawfer leaped up in the direction of the boar, he turned his spear so that the head of the spear would be facing down. He had wanted to plunge his spear through the boar. 

ID#: 30241

BD: 3
MD: 1

Lawfer HP: 9/9
Boar 3 HP- 2/2

Lawfer had jumped too early and landed a bit short of the third boar. "Ah crap!". Lawfer stated as the boar snapped back trying to catch Lawfer off guard. As the boar tried to boar into Lawfer with its tusks, Lawfer stepped left and pivoted out of the overgrown pigs way. As the boar passed. Lawfer readied his next attack. "Abalasster, I got this one. I just need one more shot at it." 

"It's ok. I believe that you will make a good follow up shot" I looked at the other boars that remain. I now saw that the big boar that was flaunting his size in the beginning was now cowering behind his remaining minions. He must have known that it was going to bleed to death. I readied my rapier as it moved up on of its servants...

ID; 30344-45

MD: 3

BD; 7

Abalasster 26/27

Boar 1  1/2

Boar 2  2/2

Boar 3  2/2

Big Boar 2/6 - 2 bleed next turn

The group pushed one of the boars out. It ran towards me, but then decided to turn back around. I thrust my rapier in it and kicked it back to its group. "Time for redemption Lawfer"...

"Yes sir!" Lawfer replied in a comically sarcastic tone. The boar circled back and was reaching its full speed. Lawfer took a deep breath in, then exhaled slowly. He could see, hear, and almost smell the boar. Lowering his stance, he readied for his chance to strike. The crazed boar was moving in a direct path at top speed. There wasn't a chance for him to evade. Gripping his spear tightly, he lunged forward. His spear drove into the beasts skull, and its body dissolved into blue Pixels around Lawfer. 

ID#: 30241

BD: 10- 4DMG (1+1+2)
MD: 3

Lawfer HP: 9/9
Boar 3 HP-0/2

"Thanks for the reassurance. It really helped out." Lawfer said to Albalasster with a smile on his face. "Since the big guy is bleeding to death, how about I take care of the second boar next?" He asked confidently.

"No problem. Battles are more mental then people think. You will can often win or lose you the battle". This was a rule that i had learned by experience. I had seen some many people get discouraged by the appearance of the battle or if they miss. This would often lead to discouragement, and the loss of will. I counted up the number of boars left. The leader of them would be dead in the next few moments. That left us with 1 boar that was already wounded and a boar that was at full health. I watched as the bulls looked back and forth at each other in what i assumed was desperation. It made me chuckle. These animals had no clue on how to escape from the situation at hand. Just then, the Big boar collapsed to the floor and burst into blue pixels. I smiled and called back to Lawfer. "You can take the next strike. It shouldn't be too hard. We got them on the run now...

"Yeah, that's what i'm begining to realize." He responded as Lawfer watched in amazement as the large boar that was routing the attack fell from bleed damage. "What the heck did you do to that thing?" Lawfer asked. It was his first time seeing the results of bleed damage. "I got this guy...." Lawfer said as he charged the final boar. He wanted this next attack to be flashy and to finish with a bang. Jumping once more, he grabbed the bottom of the spear with both hands and began swinging it down like an oversized hammer. At that time, the boar jumped backwards evading the attack, Lawfer's hands stung as he tried to lift the spear. The boar charged forward, jumped then slammed its skull into Lawfers exposed chest. "GGGaaaAAaaHHHH!" retorted Lawfer with a disgustful tone. He tried to be flashy and it didn't work.

ID#: 30358

BD: 1 0DMG
MD: 7- 1DMG

Lawfer HP: 8/9
Boar 3 HP-2/2

I watched as Lawfer charged at one of the boars. He had a bit of a time but he got the job done. I smiled as i saw the last boar retreat back to the plains. "Good job my friend" i said to him. "And to answer your question, I struck it with bleed. This enchantment can do some pretty serious damage. 4 over the course of 2 turns. It may not seem like much, but its ability to close the gap is fantastic. Now that we have wrapped that up, why don't we go and get ourselves something to eat, Its on me. I know a pretty nice place in the city. However, if you want to go and do some more monster hunting, i have bread and water that we could eat. However, after our lunch, we will begin stage two of the training..."

Lawfer smiled as he watched the last of the pairs foes retreat. "Thanks" He replied. "I would have liked to hit that last one though. The boar just had to sneak in a lucky shot and run." He finished as he returned his spear to the harness on his back. Lawfer contemplated the offer. Either food in the city or crummy break and water. He didn't mind either way. He was anxious to finish training. "I dont mind either way, we can head back to the city but i would prefer to train sooner so that could eat into our time." Pausing momentarily as he yawned and pulled his arm across his chest stretching the his shoulder. "What does stage two consist of?" He asked, he would do whatever his instructor wanted him to but he was curious.

"Well, the first was a test of might and physical power. The next would be a test of metal stability and prowess. A test of the mind and your will. It isn't easy, but requires no physical fighting whatsoever." I replied to Lawfer. "So, since you want to continue your training promptly, we shall walk to our next destination". I motioned for Lawfer to follow me to the cave where i would be testing his willpower. My trials are a bit different from curriculum. But, if one isn't physically powerful, they fall to strong enemies. If one isn't mentally powerful, then they fall to enemies that use there flaws against them". I lead Lawfer to the cave where i would be conducting the 2nd trial. I sat down and began to eat some of the default bread that was given to me...   

"That makes perfect sense." Lawfer replied as he began following Abalasster to the location of his next trial. He continued to listen,making sure to make mental notes of everything that his mentor explained. Leaning against the wall of the cave, Lawfer opened his user interface to his inventory. As he slected the default bread and water, they materialized in his hands. Taking a bite of the bread, he chewed and swallowed. He then washed it down with a gulp of water. Lawfer felt full after a few moments. "Man they really got the taste of this awful bread correct." He said with a slight laugh. He finished the rest of his rations and looked over to Abalasster. "I'm ready to begin when you are."

"Alright, then lets begin" i said. I packed up my food and began into the massive and dark cave. I looked back to Lawfer before i was entirely engulfed in darkness. "Also, if you have happened to do the " Calming the Soul" quest, then you shouldn't have much trouble here". With that, i lead him into the cave. As soon as we were engulfed in darkness, i branched off from Lawfer. My intentions were to use his flaws against him. My point was to make him seem as if there was no one but him in this cave. I made my way to a place in the cave where he wouldn't be able to find my voice. Thanks to this cave's special features,i would be able to throw my voice off multiple walls to make it seem like i was everywhere but yet no where. My voice would also be altered so he couldn't tell it was me. I could only hope that he was ready for my torment... 

Standing up, Lawfer dusted off his back and pants and trailed his instructor. As the blond man followed Abalasster deeper in the cave, he was surrounded in black. He couldn't see anything more than a foot away. As the Abalasster slipped further away from his vision, Lawfer began to prepare himself. This was his 2nd test and he realized the only way he could find the teenager was if he focused. Taking a deep breath in, Lawfer closed his eyes trying to heighten the rest of his senses. He knew that his eyes wouldn't help him much anymore. "I'm ready when you are Abalasster." He confidently stated, hearing the reverberations on the wall. This was an added interruption Lawfer didn't expect. "What do I need to do now?"