SP-F1 «Earning a Living» The Joys of Music

Trying to create space, Lawfer pushed the wolf backwards. After a few steps forward, Lawfer leaped back to his original position and followed up with a thrust. "I got you now." He proclaimed as he shoved the spear down the monsters throat. Lawfer heard the wolf hack, as if he swallowed a pill that was way to large for him, then burst into blue pixels. "One more to go. Lawfer said as he regained his bearings. Placing his spear back into its harness he looked around. He only needed one more wolf and one more blue crystal material and he could claim his profession. "Left or right?" He asked himself as his head began to swivel back and forth.

ID#: 30172

BD:6 - 2DMG (1+1)
MD: 4 -0DMG

Lawfer HP:10/13
Wolf HP: 0/4

A large howl pierce the calm of the forest. As Lawfer looked in the direction of the noise, another Alpha was upon him. As it leaped forward, Lawfer reached back for his spear. It seemed like an eternity. 'How did another Alpha find me?' Lawfer thought. As the spear made it into his hand just in time, Lawfer fell back. The Alpha's belly had landed on his spear and impaled itself. "I guess that's what happens when you try to use my moves." He said as he kicked the beast off of the spear end. He knew the alpha wouldn't fall from such a wound because of that he readied himself for the Alpha's next charge. Which pattern was he going to use this time? Lawfer knew of the two patterns it had, diving low aiming for his legs, or jumping high aiming for his head. Either way he was ready. "Bring it on." 'yeah not that catch phrase either.' He thought.

ID# 30173

Lawfer HP:10/13
Alpha Wolf HP: 7/7

BD: 9- 3 DMG(1+1+1 Crit)
MD: 1- 0 DMG

Lawfer HP 10/13
Alpha Wolf HP: 4/7

The wolf began regaining its compsure. It had received a fluke critical attack to the stomach, but all that did was enrage it. Gnarling at Lawfer it began circling, trying to stock its prey. Lawfer was all too familiar with this tactic. All the wolves were the same in this fashion. Lawfer's adrenaline was pumping. He took a deep breath. 'is it going to be attack pattern 1 or 2.' He thought to himself as he raised his spear to get ready for the attack. The Alpha dashed in watching Lawfer's movements carefully. Lawfer stepped in as well, thrusting forward with his spear. "Got you." He said smiling, as the Alpha stepped right only being clipped by Lawfer's spear. Lawfer's eyes widened, as he watched the Alpha jump into Lawfer biting down into his neck. "The monster got me!!!" He yelled as the Alpha detached itself and began circling once again. 

ID#: 30174

Lawfer HP 10/13
Alpha Wolf HP: 4/7

DB: 6- 2DMG (1+1)
MD: 10- 4DMG (2+2Crit) 

Lawfer 
HP 6/13
Alpha Wolf HP: 2/7

Edited by Lawfer

As the two circled each other, Lawfer lost his footing on some debris that was laying on the ground. His spear tip fell and caught his fall. The Alpha saw this and rushed in. Trying to react, Lawfer ripped his spear from the ground trying to slash up at the oncoming monster. It was little too late, the Alpha had already struck Lawfer, tearing into his left shoulder and dashed back out of striking range. Lawfer could feel the HP drain from his body. Looking at his status. He was HP bar was already yellow nearing the red zone. This fight was getting too close for comfort for him. 

Lawfer HP 6/13
Alpha Wolf HP: 2/7

ID#: 30175

BD:1 - 0 DMG
MD- 8- 2 DMG

Lawfer HP 4/13
Alpha Wolf HP 2/7

'I cant die not yet. I have too much to do. I have more of this world to explore. I wont die to some overgrown dog.' These thoughts raced through his mind, he was nervous. This was one of the first times in his life he had been this nervous. 'How could this thing be that strong.' Its not nearly as strong as me.' He thought. He could see the monsters HP bar. It was in the red. Lawfer was thinking too much. As the alpha circled back it lunged again. As Lawfer stuck his spear out at the Alpha's head, it ducked under and slashed at Lawfer's lead left leg. He watched as his HP bar drifted deep into the red zone. His vision began to flash in red as well.

ID#: 30176

BD: 3 - 0 DMG
MD: 8 - 2 DMG

Lawfer HP- 2/13
Alpha Wolf HP 2/7

Everything Lawfer saw flashed in red. As he continued to look up at his HP bar, he would lose sight of the Alpha that stalked him looking for the right opening to finish him off. "Come on you d*mn dog. Get over here. I'm going to finish this once and for all!!!" Lawfer screamed as he began to charge at the Wolf. "Take this you b*st*rd!" He yelled one more time as the two leaped at each other, narrowly missing the other. If either one had connected it would have been the end for the other. After taking a deep breath, Lawfer regained his composure. Realizing that he needed to stay calm otherwise he had no chance of walking away from here alive.

ID#: 30177

BD: 1 0DMG
MD: 4 0DMG

Lawfer HP- 2/13
Alpha Wolf HP 2/7

Turning around quickly Lawfer lunged again. Lawfer had momentarily lost it before but now he was seeing clearly. If not for the grace of a higher power, this could be anything but Lawfer attributed it to God, they both collided momentarily. The shaft of his spear separated the two. Lawfer was too close to be able to attack with the head of his spear but the separation due to the shaft of his spear also meant that he was to far away from the Alpha to be bitten or slashed. Lawfer pushed as hard as he could and created distance between the two. As the Alpha lifted its head, slightly exposing its neck, Lawfer lunged again plunging his spear into the throat of the alpha. "Today's my victory." he said smiling.The alpha growled then erupted into blue pixels.

ID#: 30178 LD-6(nothing)

BD: 6 2DMG (1+1)
MD: 5 0DMG

Lawfer HP- 2/13
Alpha Wolf HP 0/7

Lawfer plopped onto the ground letting go of his spear. It tinged as it hit the ground. He was exhausted. "That was close." He said as he grabbed his spear with his left hand and inspected it. "I think I need some better equipment."

Edited by Lawfer

It had taken him a few minutes to catch his breath. But Lawfer was ready to finish his quest. He only need 1 more Crystal Material and then he could go collect his new profession. Fighting the wolves may have been difficult but gathering the materials was much more time consuming. Lawfer thought back to how many times he had to search around mineral deposit for the silly crystals, it almost wasn't worth it. Lawfer began to stand up. He felt heavy, his vision was still flashing in red from his low HP. Reaching down to pick up his spear, he saw what he tripped on. "You have got to be kidding me." He said as he moved a few small rocks aside and grabbed a blue crystal material.

Material Gathering
ID#: 30179 LD- 19 (+1Material)

It was the largest one he had found so far. "I guess I can go turn this bad boy in now." He said with a reluctant smile. 

<Out of Combat Regen 3/13>

Edited by Lawfer

Lawfer had completed all the requirements for his profession quest. It had taken him around an hour to make it back to Starter city. His HP had slowly began to recover, but by the time he had made it back to the town, his vision was still flashing red. As he passed through the gates, he began to retract his steps to find the musician that originally had given him the quest. "Which ally was it?" He asked himself as he meandered through the various alleyways that he had thought he saw the musician in. Keeping his head on a swivel he looked up and down the alley ways looking for the yellow guitar player. 

"There you are! Looks like you had a tough time getting what I needed." Lawfer heard as he turned around. It looked liek the musician had found him. "So did you have a good time? I hope those pets didn't take too much out of you." The musician said as he reached out his hand. "All you need to do now is hand over the crystals and I will teach you to play whatever instrument you want. Are you a harp man? A lute player? Or do you prefer the more modern guitar?" He asked. 

"You know your quest nearly killed me." Lawfer replied as he reached into his bag and handed the musician 6 blue crystals. "Well I never said the life of a performer would be easy. That is the whole reason for the quest. But you did well." The musician responded. "Now which instrument did you want to learn?"  Lawfer paused, what the musician said did make a lot of sense. "I'll learn the guitar." Instantly, Lawfer could feel the knowledge being passed to him. Granted, it was only how to play the guitar in this world, but he was sure that he would find some resemblance when he returned to the real world. "Welcome to the Ranks of a performer, Misico Primo Lawfer. Make us proud. Also, take these." He handed back the crystals. "These blue crystals are recording crystals, record your songs on these and use them in battle. Or sell them. Whatever works best for you." He stated as he began to walk away. "Good Luck." he retorted once more as he gradually fell out of site.