[PP:F1 || Shirosu & Mack] Quest: Secret Medicine of the Forest [Complete]

• ID:30982
  • BD: 7 (4+3)
  • Shirosu: 27/27 [Hate:3]
  • Opal: 34/34 [Hate: 3]
  • Nepents: 3/17

"Nice!" Shirosu called as Opal got a crit on the plant beast,"My turn!" she ducked under a bunch of its tentacle weaving in and out before coming to the things base and leaping up used her downwards momentum to slice a big gash in the creatures bulb, as she retreated she once again resorted to ducking and weaving to avoid being slapped by the things vines, mind you, it would hurt the creature more than it would hurt her. When she finally got back to Opals side she heard Mack say something about Perfect lady parts and seppuku, she grinned, she thought those two's interactions were kinda funny

OOC: Shirosu, that was my bad. The +3 BD is not effective on your post unless you have a +3 Keen on your weapon as well, and I dont think you do. So you still miss. Next time my enhancement activates, I'll put it on my name. Sorry for the confusion.  Confusion has been cleared up! 

Opal turned her head to listen to what Mack was saying, her honey colored eyes sharpened at his words like a dagger grating against a whetstone, "I don't know if you are being super sweet or sorely sarcastic over there Mack. I'm gonna take what you said as a compliment though either way. It would be a shame if this body got stripped of its perfection." Shirosu was happy that Opal had been able to score a crit, feeding off their momentum and energy the young platinum haired woman went in for another strike. The Nepent crab crawled to the left as her dagger plunged into the hide secreting an emerald juice from the wound from ther woman. Opal sought opportunity in the attack and hoped to combine their efforts for a deadly combo set off first by her lovely companion and swung her blade around as the silver aura diminished. The weighty instrument slashed through the air but the green plant ducked it's bulbous head low and countered with a slap of its tentacle into her bosom causing the raven haired damsel to shoot backwards into a tree. 

Gritting her teeth, she removed herself from the broken stump and rolled her shoulder, "Alright. Now I'm pissed..."  

<<Battle Engaged>>

Shirosu's HP: 27/27 [Hate 3]
Opal's HP: 32/34 [Hate 3]

Nepent's HP: 4/17

ID: 30983
BD: 2 [+3BD on this roll] = 5 [what a waste ;_;]
MD: 6

Edited by Opal

ID: 30986
LD: 6 (No Mats)

"It was intended as a compliment," the Grandmaster called out, swinging Guillotine into the tree again with a dull thunk. This time, there was no spray of wood chips to signify that there was a crafting material to be gathered. Sighing, Mack left the axe embedded in the tree trunk for the time being and turned his grey eyes to focus on the on going combat between Opal and Shirosu as they fought the odd little plant creature. He looked around just in time to see one of the plant's tentacles blast Opal back into a tree after it slammed into her chest. "Pity, that must have hurt," the axe-man muttered to himself. "Don't just stand there, show the plant that you mean business," Mack called out to Opal. "Why not back off and let Opal finish it off, Shirosu?"

• ID: 30988
  • LD: 9 (Nothin OTL)

"Sure thing" she said backing off from the odd plant, "This one's yours Opal! Show its whos boss for me will ya!" with that she walked through the undergrowth until she was at the Guild Master's side, and watched the match off between the two from there. while she was waiting she might as well try a feeble attempt at harvesting a mat herself. She approached a bush with bright berries that were good for dye, but low behold when she reached in, bugs swarmed up her hand. Swearing a sailor Shirosu shook it until she had dislodged all the bugs and complained loudly," Why must it always be bugs! Stupid creepy crawlies" she shuddered, getting goose bumps thinking about the dumb little things and their beady eyes. 

Opal lifted the heavy blade on top of her shoulder as Shirosu backed off as per the GrandMaster's orders. So apparently she was to fight thing herself unaided. If that was the case, she wouldn't have bothered calling for the two to come help. Blowing a wisp of hair from out of her face, Opal readied herself and steeled her nerves. The plant creature wasn't doing any real damage to her per se, but it was grating on her pride as a woman. She found that Shirous had a terrific aim with her dagger and towed some decent damage. What did Opal have? A sword twice her size, three times as heavy and didn't even fit her hand grip. The woman was about to pout before the little nepent came skittering towards her lashing out with its thorny tentacles. 

The raven haired woman had to think fast, dodging the first two blows but on the third, her thigh was slapped hard the echo of constant crying out from her skin and into the forest startling several birds from their perches. She grit her pearly teeth and swung her blade at the damn creature, her anger taking control as she missed once again. "Grrr! Damn it! Just sit still!! And let me [censored] hit you!!" her loud language setting off more of the forest going creatures as they skittered about hiding from the terrifying woman's unlady like rage. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 31/34 [Hate 3]

Nepent's HP: 4/17

ID: 30922
BD: 3
MD: 8

Edited by Opal

ID: 30994
LD: 19 (Mat Found)

"That's right, Opal! Show the beast your estrogenical fury," Mack called out, cupping one of his hands around his mouth to shout encouragement to Opal as she continued to battle the wee plant creature. The blonde guildmaster could tell that Opal was beginning to get frustrated with the entire encounter, especially since the plant seemed intent on smacking the dark haired woman in what one had to assume were some fairly sensitive places. Maybe this would serve as a lesson to Opal to wear clothing and armor that was a bit more practical, though Mack somehow doubted that it would. Given that the beast was in the red zone on its health while Opal's bar was nearly full, and given that Opal needed to learn how to fight sometime and this was a safe environment and safe encounter, now seemed the time for her to learn. "Nice work, Shirosu," the blonde man said, speaking only to her and offering praise of her performance in the battle. "Wait for the nepent to swing, then side-step and chop with your sword," Mack said, calling further instruction as he hauled back Guillotine and buried the bladed head in the tree, only to collect another mat a few seconds later.

• ID:30995
  • LD:11 (Nope)

"One hit Opal! One good hit!" she called loudly in the womens direction, praying for her luck to improve so that she was able to land a strike, unlike Shirosu, who had no luck whatsoever.  She had just tried to find some nice wood to make something like a broach for a cloak or something, so she attacked a tree of her own, all that had resulted in was getting splinters in her eyes. "Thanks Mack" she said, glad to know that she was slowly improving at the very least, "You can do it! Murder that stupid plant!"  She encouraged loudly

Encouraging words rang from the voices of both Shirosu and Mack as Opal slid the long bladed weapon over her shoulder. Her eyes beamed at both of them, it was indeed encouraging to know they had her back in all of this at the very least. But things would have been much faster had not Mack called back Shirosu. If that was the case, then that girl was plenty powerful enough and Opal was on the wrong track of training. She sighed, and touched her forehead with one hand and shook the black raven locks from her honey colored eyes. 

"Alright, you heard them. I have to squash you now..." The plant skittered towards her, it's angry whip like tentacles slashed about the forested area whipping trees and plants alike as it slammed down into the ground and against the bark of the oaks. Opal had ducked and weave two of its attacks as she leapt at the bulbous creature. Her sword flickered in the light as the silver and crimson blade cut one of the tentacles in half accompanied with a screeching and loud cry. The tentacle fell to the forest floor with a thud as it backed away from the troublesome female. She flicked her blade over one shoulder once more and stood in stance waiting for the next available opportunity to strike. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 31/34 

Nepent's HP: 2/17

ID: 30999
BD: 7
MD: 3

Edited by Opal

ID: 31002
LD: 4 (No Loot)

Hauling the bladed head of Guillotine back again, Mack slammed the axe into the tree with tremendous force lodging it firmly in the trunk of the tree. Grunting, he pulled on it for a moment, but the weapon seemed stuck. Sighing, he gave up the effort for the time being and turned his storm grey eyes back on Opal. "One more hit will finish it off, stop playing with your food and kill it already," Mack called out, then he elbowed Shirosu in the ribs. "Watch this," he muttered to the silver haired woman out of the side of his mouth. "It's a computer run mob, not a man so I don't think your perfect female assets are going to distract it too much. Still, feel free to flash it, I wouldn't mind," Mack sang out in Opal's direction. The madder she got, the more likely she was to finish off the creature, at least as far as Mack was concerned. Also, free show.

• ID: 31004
  • LD:1

Shirosu sighed, guess Opal needed one more good hit to take the plant down, oh well, she liked yelling anyways, when Mack nudged her she watched curiously to see what he was gonna do, and after he yelled at Opal about flashing the Mob Shirosu's Cheeks puffed up and she slapped her hand to her mouth in an attempt to keep herself from laughing, that attempt failed miserably. Giving a good chuckle Shirosu called,"Sorry Opal, couldn't help myself" Maybe Mack's goading would compel the dark haired women to finish faster so she could come over and pummel her guild master instead, that would be amusing. Wandering away for a few seconds she tried to pick a berry from another bush, but just like the last it was infested by bugs

Unfortunately that opportunity to strike never came, as the oh-so-clever Guild Master chimed denoting that the plant was a computer generated mob. She knew that! But his next comment...She turned to give him a look but she had to fend of the whip-lashing tentacle of its right side. Dodging side to side and narrowly escaping the creature's attack, Opal was gonna sling her blade down to finish the enemy off. But the GrandMaster's comments about flashing it ticked her off too much to be able to make a clean slash. 

"You know what? You are not helping, so just butt out of it already! My ta-tas are not going to win this kind of battle for me, and I wouldn't dream of showing them to you in a million years! Grrr..." she felt a vein pop in her heard as she was running back and forth evading the whip like tentacle that was slamming itself into the ground. Opal whipped her blade around, "Calm down Opal...he's just trying to rile you up. You got this, just one more hit and you can go home...smoke a cigarette and go back to sleep." How is it that everyone was able to make consistent hits on the enemies, but she constantly struggled to make any contact. She shook her head, she hoped the new training with Master Myoga would produce fruit, right now she just felt like a spoiled brat that couldn't do anything for themselves.

Angry eyes looked back the Little Nepent, "...Just die...already..."  

<<Battle Engaged>>

Nepent's HP: 2/17

ID: 31005
BD: 3
MD:2

Edited by Opal

ID: 31015
LD: 4

"Based on your earlier comments, I figure you were trying to make me uncomfortable. I'm just trying to be helpful, if you flashed the mob I might be uncomfortable," Mack called out, shouting more off color encouragement to Opal as she continued her battle with the Nepent. Returning his focus to Guillotine, which was still embedded in the tree, Mack tugged the weapon free from its temporary home, brought it back, and slammed it into the tree again. Once again, he produced not a single crafting material. Still, the blonde man shrugged as he turned his attention back to Opal. At least the dark-haired woman was providing some physically attractive compensation. Besides, if he riled her up enough she just might do what he was egging her on to do.

• ID:31045
  • LD:11 (nope)

Almost hesitantly Shirosu approached a cotton plant she had seen a few feet away with a hope it might not bug infested like everything around her, she got within a foot of it, heard buzzing then quickly turned tail and walked back to Mack's side, nope, no more bugs. She watched with amusement as the tall guild leader kept egging poor opal who seemed to be getting continually flustered, she was currently in no danger, so it was more of just Shirosu cheering for to get a hit. 

Opal swung her blade around to the left and right against the Little Nepent. It would back up, slap the ground with its tentacle and then Opal would continue to wave her sword around at it. She had drowned out Mack and his insistent monologue about flashing the creature, if she flashed it...it wouldn't make any difference, her saw it, he got a free show. This was not a win/win situation and she knew he would enjoy, he was a man after all. Boobies make men happy, she knew this first hand experience being a well endowed woman. The nepent plant spun around in a circle as it ejected out some thorns from its body, Opal dodged to the left getting struck by one of the spines. She reared the blade over her head, the black raven silky strands blowing in the wind as The Ifrit, in all it's crimson and silvery fury landed upon the bulbous plant and split it in two. It bobbed to the left for a moment and blew up into many pixelated data shards before releasing the Quest Item they needed. The Little Nepent Medicine vial. She picked up the vial, and an extra little something that was left behind. 

"Hey! A bag of Col and an extra material. My lucky day...Alright, so I think we are done with the quest. Just gotta turn into town and get things squared away. How did you two fare hunting for materials?"

<<Battle Engaged>>

Nepent's HP: 0/17

ID: 31126
BD: 7
MD: 8
LD: 19

Rewards: +2 Materials, +85 Col [Opal] 

Edited by Opal

ID: 31156
LD: 1

Mack watched as Opal finished dispatching the plant creature with a sword that was, honestly, almost comically too large for her. He knew she'd be able to handle the creature once Shirosu got it started and, after all, the dark-haired woman had to learn how to operate by herself at some point and the best way to do that was by doing it for herself in a safe environment with back up there to step in should the need arise. As Opal began moving back towards himself and Shirosu after having collected her loot from the flowery beast, Mack turned back to the tree and slammed Guillotine into it once again. He wasn't sure how many times in a row he'd failed to collect a crafting material now, since he'd stopped counting. Shrugging his shoulders, Mack freed the weapon from the tree and turned to face Opal and Shirosu.

"I still think you should have flashed it, I bet that thing was supposed to be a male plant," the Guildmaster said with the smallest of lip curling grins. "As for the mat gathering, I've had better but I've also had worse. All in all, not bad for a few hours work and, since I've not completed the quest and I'm in the party I'll still get the SP bonus from completing the quest which is plenty good enough for me."

"Way to go!" she said holding up her hand in an offer of congratulations,"Good work, you showed that plant who was boss" she said with a crooked grin, when opal asked about the whole mat finding thing she hung her head and said with a long sigh,"I'll be honest, mat gathering in this world hates my guts, and i have yet to discover a single material." she never had much luck with that stuff anyways. When she heard about SP she grinned and said,"I could use as much of that as i can get my grubby little hands on, very usefull to say the least" her silver hair flowing out behind her she turned to opal and asked,"Anything else you wanted to do? while we're in the forest or are you feeling done"

Opal spun the blade in an arc before it latched to the sheath on her back. She turned to Mack, "There is no way in hell that I would flash a plant. Ugh! Whatever, though. The ordeal is over, I got some mats out of that creature too...So I guess it wasn't a total loss of a day. Let's head back and turn this [censored] in. I've had enough woodland adventures for one day..." 

The raven haired woman lifted her arms to shoulder height and flipped the long locks of inky black hair off her shoulders. The day was gonna come to an abrupt end soon and she didn't wanna stick around long enough to hear any more commentary from the peanut gallery here. She knew she wasn't the strongest player in the guild, and quickly becoming one of the weakest with as often as she dilly dallied. She sighed and rubbed her head lightly, this combat stuff just was not for her. Every day she carried The Ifrit the burden and weight became increasingly unbearable. She could never fill the shoes of the original owner of the sword and she wore to not say his name right now. With a lowered head, she headed back to the town, keeping her thoughts occupied on getting back to the inn and leaving her embarrassing combat prowess behind. 

"Bull, you did good today kid," Mack said in a proud tone, swinging Guillotine down off of his shoulder and swatting Opal's behind with the flat part of axe head yet again. "Have you considered picking up a weapon that's a bit more your size and speed," Mack asked Opal, pulling his gold trimmed guild hood up over his head once again so he could stare openly at the dark haired woman without anyone being any the wiser. "I understand why you carry the Ifrit, and I respect you for it," the blonde man said in an earnest tone. "But, I think that Lindow would have preferred you to take a weapon that would give you a better chance at survival."

Shirosu tailed behind the two in front of her, an odd little smile on her face, it had been neat to watch as Opal did her best to try and beat up the plant, mind you, the gigantic sword was probably becoming hard for her to uphold. She had personally never met Lindow, she had only just joined the guild when her died. She noticed Mack put his hood up, without really having any reason too and gave a goofy grin, she didn't say anything but she had a suspicion what he was doing it for, men. "You were awesome Opal" she finally spoke up offering the black haired women one of her full blown smiles, "Much better then me half the time, i to this day, have no foot work, ask Mack, i slipped twice in front of a Giant wasp, not a good place to have a gravity check if you ask me"

Opal turned her attention to Mack, her long raven hair fluttering over one shoulder as her Crimson Blades cloak billowed lightly away from her curvy body. "I have Xion working on something for me, I would have come to ask you for the creation of my sword but you had a lot of customers at the time and didn't want you to get over stressed on working that forge. I should have the new weapon by the time I leave for my training with Master Myoga. I also will leave with him The Ifrit. I am not sure what you guys wanna do with that, but its definitely not something I can handle right now on my own. As much as I want to be like Lindow..." the woman trailed off as they exited the forest. Her honey colored eyes slowly squinting as the sun came into view overhead brightening the area once more. 

Opal turned Shirosu next just as they were stepping out of the forest, she said she had no foot work and slipped several times in front of some wasps. Opal raised her hand and laughed lightly into her palm, "Well, try lugging this thing around for awhile. I can barely keep the thing on my shoulder's much less charge with it. Thank God for that assist function, I would never be able to swing it." 

They headed towards the city once more and up to the gates. She turned to face both of them, "Thank you guys so much for coming out with me today. Despite having some trouble with that Nepent, we got what we needed to finish off the quest which I am grateful for.  In any case, I'm gonna go powder my nose and maybe take a nap. I'll see you both later..." Opal turned to walk away then abruptly stopped and turned back around, "You're not off the hook yet, Mack! I still have a score to settle with you!!" she shouted and than ran back into town. 

--

Summary:

Opal: +2 Sp [Quest,Thread], 133 Col [Thread] +85 Looted Col, +2 Materials
Shirosu: +2 Sp [Quest, Thread] 133 Col [Thread] + Mats
Mack: +2 Sp [Quest, Thread] 133 Col [Thread] + Mats