[PP:F1 || Shirosu & Mack] Quest: Secret Medicine of the Forest [Complete]

Opal had done some investigating on some easy to do quests, but she hated to do things solo and since this was more or less, well in fact it WAS a Death Game now, it was better to do things with parties and not solo these sorts of things. She scrolled through her menu and her friend list, the name of all her comrades popped up and when Xion was highlighted she gave a disgusted look and almost spat in disgust. She would make this interesting for herself, she closed her eyes and flicked her finger through the menu and she would take the first two people it would highlight. After a moment she looked down and saw that Shirosu was highlighted, "Score! Some girl to girl time finally. Alright and now the next person..." She flicked her finger once more and the list started to scroll as she kept her eyes closed, giving it a moment to stop she peered down and noticed the name Mack was highlighted. Well it was a good opportunity for her to get to know the Guild Leader in a more private way. And with Shirosu tagging along, they could plan their Guild Leader's demise~. 

Inhaling and exhaling softly, she went to take upon the quest she was investigating. << The Secrete medicine of the forest>> Seemed easy enough from the description and it shouldn't take too long to finish, would at least give her half the day to be lazy..."Maybe Grave isn't doing anything later on..." she wondered. 

She sent her Guild Leader and Shirosu a message telling them she needed help with a quest and to meet her at the edge of Starting City looking towards the forested area. She sat down in the grass and whipped out a lavender scented cigarette, pre lit thanks to her awesome Alchemical prowess. She took a heavy drag and fell in love with that first hit, expelling a purple plum of nontoxic smoke into the air..."Oh [censored]...I have missed that feeling..." she immediately felt her nerves calm down and the lovely scent of lavender wafted in the air. She raised her knees to her chest and flicked the ashes off her cigarette and waited for her allies. 

Edited by Opal

"Shouldn't you be wearing your crimson cloak," asked a low rumbling voice as Mack appeared from down a blind alley, emerging just to the left of Opal. His blonde hair and grey eyes were obscured by the deep gold trimmed hood of the crimson cloak which left his eyes and nose in shadow. "Ordinarily, I'd say those things will kill you... but if you've got some loose leaf tobacco," the blacksmith continued, producing what appeared to be a meerschaum pipe that had been carved to resemble a snarling grizzly bear, "I'd not say no."

While he waited for Opal to respond Mack turned his head slightly from side to side, keeping an eye out for Shirosu and occasionally allowing his gaze to linger on Opal's unmistakably feminine form. Of course, the woman presented herself as someone that was very well aware of the effect her appearance had on men, Mack had known enough women like her, and while he wasn't interested that didn't mean that one couldn't still appreciate the view. "Since I don't have a tank build, I can't draw auto aggro. I'll mostly function as your security blanket and only jump in to fight if asked since the low-level monsters no longer drop loot when I kill them."

OOC: srry for the late reply OTL

Shirosu was sitting in her shop reading up on some news and playing with the little fox Gin, her silver eyes darting between the two tasks, she almost didn't notice when a PM notice popped up in front of her from Opal, "Hummmm" she said a little surprised and opened the Pm , she read it quickly and with a grin grabbed her gear, equipped her guild cloak and her knife then bolted out the door calling over her shoulder,"I've got work Gin, be back soon ok!" Right before the door closed she heard a little tinkling laugh from the fox and with a grin she hurried to the town square. Finally reaching the clearing where she spotted Opal and Mack waiting, Shirosu skidded up to them and panted apologetically,"Sorry i'm late," the she asked herself quietly," Why am i alway late?"  She noticed Opal smoking but didn't mention it, that was her life choice, not Shirosu's, so she didn't care. 

Opal's smile turned into a pouty frown when Mack mentioned the Crimson Blades' cloak. She eyed him with her honey colored eyes and nodded her head, and whipped through her menu. With a few choice button presses, she was dawned in a glowing light as the new clothing materialized on her body. She wore a leather top showing too much of her midriff but was accompanied by the long flowing crimson cloak that bathed most of her body. She wore tight crimson leather looking pants with steel toed boots. She gave herself a spin as the long flowing cape formed to her body and she gave a smile to Mack as she posed for him in her new garb, "Better?" she asked.

bpAOQXv.png

After smoothing out the material and flicking what appeared to be small flower like ashes off her cigarette, the Guild Leader had produced a pipe. Her eyes lit up and she walked towards him looking side to side at the piece, "You really like bears, don't you?" she said with a small laugh and produced the same substance she used to create her pack of Lavender Calming Stick, "Now...this stuff is kinda similar to the outside world as it is slightly addicting, but since this is a game and all, there is no harm in it. Its lavender scented, not smokey. If you want something a bit more stronger, I can deff help you out there in alchemizing something later on..." She opened a trade window with Mack and inserted a -Lavender Stick- item into the tray and sent it over to him. You can just break it off or insert it as a whole into the pipe. There is no crummy filter." 

The sound of heels on concrete could be heard as Opal turned her head at the sight of her second party member, "Ahh! There she is!" she couldn't help but run over and take a look at the woman with admiring eyes, "The Soldier of the Crimson Blades has arrived! Just on time, doll. We haven't started anything yet." She flicked the butt of her lavender colored cig once more to rid the ashes, took a long drag and exhaled slowly a lavender scented aroma from her mouth. Probably the last one she could get before it puffed out of her fingers. 

"With all of us here, we can start our adventure. We'll be heading into the forest to look for a medicinal property from a little nepent. I have no idea what that is, but I am sure we'll find out. Gear? Check! Shall I take lead then? Once we stumble on the enemies, I am assuming me and Shirosu will be doing all the heavy lifting? Mack is here just for the backup. It was by random twist of fate that we are here together." 

Opal giggled and backtracked back over to Shirosu and started to whisper in her ear, "Hey~ We need to get Mack back on this trip. So I was thinking we barrage him with questions and then start talking about our womanly cycles to throw him off and then just talk about some other stuff.. We'll see how mighty the tree falls..." 

Edited by Opal

Mack watched as Opal changed clothes right there in front of him without a shred of a sense of shame. Of course, since they were in a digital world the clothing change was instantaneous so it wasn't as if there was anything to see. Other than the acre of skin that Opal was now displaying for all the world to see. Mack sighed quietly to himself, though he was still grateful that the hood of his cloak obscured his face with its deep hood. After all, there still wasn't anything wrong with enjoying the view if she was going to show off. A few moments later he accepted the lavender substance from the raven haired woman and sniffed it. Everything seemed to be in order, but the scent was simply awful.

"Something in a vanilla, blended with an actual form of tobacco. Or whatever passes for it in the world of Aincrad," Mack said, raising the stick to his nose and sniffing it. Shrugging his shoulders, he pressed the stick into the bowl of the pipe and lit it. The taste and smell were entirely wrong, but the mental effect was roughly the same. Clenching the pipe between his teeth, the hulking man looked away from Opal when Shirosu appeared, then he remained silent and listened as Opal explained the situation. This was her show, he was just here to babysit and enjoy the scenery. 

"Good morning Mack" Shirosu said politely over in the guild masters direction, just to be courteous, who two, was smoking a pipe, oh well, not her place, the turned to Opal and said with an impish grin," Sounds like a plan to me, I get to beat things up? Awesome.  Lead the way Opal" When she back tracked towards her Shirosu was sightly confused what she was about to ask her but when Opal mentioned just generally being annoying around Mack she couldn't resist a secretive grin. "That could be hard though, that man is more stoic then a rock in the middle of winter, so he may just end up tuning us out but its worth a shot. by the way" she gave Opal the eye and said,"Random twist of fate eh? i bet you went to your contacts and randomly scrolled though with your to pick someone haha, done that myself once or twice" Studying the women all she could get of of her first really good meeting so far was that Opal really beautiful and Shirosu was pretty sure she knew it too, and she seemed to make an art out of flaunting it, sadly, She could never do that, not enough rack, and wayyyy to self conscious, 

Edited by Shirosu

She giggled back at Shirosu and kinda nodded at the last comment she made about random choice than a twist of fate when picking the team members. With that said, "Off we go, Loves!" 

Opal swung her cloak around her body, revealing the feminine form from under it. She walked like woman, swaying her hips back and forth absent mindedly while Mack was in tow behind them, "So we need to find a bulbous plant with a flower growing from its head or something like that. As an alchemist...that kinda makes sense. Creatures in this world are weird but I guess that's the thing for MMOs these days." 

They entered the forest through a little spot in the trees and began their wonderful adventure together. Opal was keeping a keen out of for the questing target, but she would go back to Shirosu and entertain her thoughts with dialogue, uninterested with Mack at the moment, "SO! Shirosu? We've been in SAO for a little while...Have you met any cute boys along the way? Anyone you have an eye on? That goes for you too Mack, have you seen any cute guys that you might be interested in?" she asked with a giggle. The scent of lavender still hung around her body like a soft blanket, and she would be lying to herself if she didn't have an itch to pull one out for a puff or two. But since she was on the job right now, she had to keep her attention on the quest and not puffing away on a cig. 

Shirosu as of now seemed like a sweet girl, she seemed energetic and had a positive and good attitude and Opal loved that. Another bouncy woman in the guild was nice, well hell...any other female would have been nice, but Shirosu seems like a go-getter, pretty with soft features, "I LOVE your eyes by the way. I have never seen such a natural gold in a person's eyes before. Did you get that done surgically?" More little chit chat, but the raven haired Treasure Hunter kept her eyes peeled for the Little Nepent.   

"Morning, Shirosu," Mack rumbled in reply, greeting Shirosu and watching as she and Opal began to engage in some kind of quiet and hushed conversation. What the two women were saying among themselves was anyone's guess, not that Mack overly minded what the topic of their conversation might have been. Within a few moments, both women had set out on the quest with the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades following along and allowing his eyes to linger on the swaying hips of Opal a bit more than they probably should. Again, though, even though he had no intention of getting involved with the woman unless she grew up and got a little bit more mature, that was no reason to not enjoy the view she seemed all too willing to provide. When she fired off a question about cute boys, Mack was ready with a retort.

"If you're trolling for a date, all you have to do is ask, Sweetie. I know how you like a good manhandling, based on your reaction to Shirosu's little event before her promotion to soldier," the blacksmith replied in a low rumbling ton, unlimbering Guillotine from his shoulder and then using the flat of the blade to swat Opal on the rump so that it wouldn't cause any actual damage to her health points. "Whatever game you're playing, two can play it and I doubt you're capable of being more crude than a junior enlisted solider. Few people are more crude than they are off duty."

"Nope! no cute boys yet, i'm not really a huntress, and I haven't really met one iv'e struck off well with yet, its sad, but oh well, what can you do huh?" She way currently lying, and doing it very, very well. She wasn't really interested in him, but had recently became very good friends with Koumori, he was easy to let loose around and easily threw back all of her sarcastic comments with equally sarcastic witty ones, but Opal and Mack did not need to know that, especially with Mack's rivalry. Opal was a funny creature in Shirosu's eyes, very vixen like but she found that endearing, she had never met many women like her, maybe saw a few on the streets but actually gotten to know one? never. In regards to the eye question she was a little taken aback,"Nah, their natural, some sort of brown mutation happened, in most dim lighting they tend to be much more brown, but any kind of light reflects funny off them making them appear gold" when Mack became rightfully suspicious Shirosu flashed in a sweet smile and said, "Havens, what on earth could you be talking about? just girl chat"

Opal gave a small little yelp as the broad part of his axe came down on her pert rear, Opal shot a look at Mack but it wasn't anything he might have expected, she almost seemed to have enjoyed that a little too much. "Oooh! May I have another?!" she said clawing the air at him, "Kitty has claws, Mack. And I do enjoy the manhandling but not when it is observed in public~." Mack was going on about the crude nature of men in the military, she had nearly forgotten Mack was one of those guys, probably a head full of dirty things that would even make this vixen blush. All the same it was a side of Mack she did not see before and it was somewhat surprising and alluring.

Back to Shirosu, she was telling Opal that had yet found any form of bond with any males yet in this world, "Aww, that's unlucky. I have met some really bad apples. A few good ones, but mostly bad. But that is more or less my problem to deal with, I was at a pretty low level before I joined with the Guild. And with the loss of Lindow, I was just trying to fill the void..." she became uncharacteristically quiet when she mentioned his name out loud. It's been awhile since she said anything relating to him, trying to forget, but at the same time...

"Oooh! So they are more like a brown then? That's how my eyes are as well, very light like honey in the summer... So Mack, you haven't answered my question from earlier, and seriously, do you have anyone in mind for a possible relationship or something in the future?" She said rubbing her ass with her hands, there would have been an existing sting there had it not been for the mechanics of the game. None the less, she might have to watch her behind with Mack and his Guillotine in tow.    

"Just get moving," the Guildmaster rumbled, swatting Opal's rump a second time with the flat of Guillotine's blade. "Beyond that, your claws don't scare me, Opal. I'm more man than you can handle," the Guildmaster said in a simple, logical tone. There was no anger or malice directed towards the woman with the words, only a simple recitation of truth. Opal seemed to be under the impression that she was more of a hardened person than she actually was. "And there are no relationship prospects on the horizon for me," the Guildmaster continued. While there may have been one or two people that he'd met in the game in whom he had more than a passing interest, for one reason or another none of those relationships had yet to turn up any significant fruits.

Shirosu's head whipped back and forth between the two of them, watching the exchanges rather, curiously. It was quite the odd relationship she saw between them, but she decided not to but in, let them do their crude older people stuff, she was gonna stick to admiring scenery for no reason, she was excited to try and kill what ever mob was around though, she was itching to grind something into mat, her tailoring practices were quickly depleting her stash from the <<earning a living>> quest. She looked over her shoulder and the two older people and asked,"So, other then no one finding an interesting partner lately, what's been new with everyone, i personally have been running around like a chicken with their head cut off doing random things here or there, also got my hands on a familiar, but i'm curious as to what you two have done?" she was trying to be conversational, but she had no clue how it would end up. 

OOC: Next round of posts, I'll start setting up the battle so we can get this quest put in the books. 

Opal rubbed her hiney once more as the Guillotine smacked her ass, she gave Mack a smiling glare and would have asked for another but probably not the best time to do so. They were talking casually, it was fun for the most part. Opal leaned back towards Shirosu when she started up a change of topic, the woman laughed and smiled from the sudden change. It was what it was, "Mmm, not much. I'm pretty lazy compared to the others. I was down in some cave the the other day from the forest and got a nice collection of materials. There is also an underground stream with a waterfall that I found. It was a beautiful sight to behold...and something peculiar happened when I got out...But right now is not the best time to go into that...."

Shirosu had talked about getting herself a familiar, Opal was somewhat jealous of that. "Oooh! How lucky! Congrats on your familiar. I haven't be able to tame anything yet as far as those go. I know Mack has Chewie, that wild bear cub. What is your familiar, Shirosu?" 

"Xion and I concluded an agreement with the Velvet Room to form a guild alliance between our two guilds," Mack said in response to Shirosu's question. "Other than that, I've mostly been hunting around for crafting materials, like most of the rest of the player population. If we're going to get everyone in the guild properly outfitted it's going to take some work and some clever trading." As he was speaking, Mack continued to follow along with the two women with his eyes occasionally lingering longer on Opal's backside than they probably should of. Down here on the first floor, there were no longer any mobs that he really had any kind of real fear of, if something were to try and attack and the girls couldn't handle it then Mack knew he could kill it quickly enough.

Shirosu smiled at Opal and said,"I got my hands on a almost pure white little three tailed fox, he's a little cuties, acts half cat, half dog"  she was intrigued when she heard that Mack had made a connection with another guild, turning around to walk backwards while facing him she asked," And where they ok to deal with? Haven't met many people from the other guilds, so i don't really know what their like" when she heard about the Mat collecting she snorted and said," The never ending quest of a Blacksmith huh? i was personally planning on taking the <<earning a Living>> quest again just to collect some extra materials, my embarrassing fails have been steadily depleting my stash" she sighed

Opal raised a single eye brow over the other as she looked at Mack when he talked about an alliance with another guild, The Velvet Room. She looked away, her long raven hair hiding most of her face as a small smile tugged on her lips. As the the of them talked about the everyday grind of hunting materials, there seemed to be a little nepents in the area it stood out from the forest greenery as it had a giant red bulbous plant on top of its head. Opal looked back to Mack and Shirosu, "I've spotted our target. I'm gonna rush in and take first crack. Shirosu, you follow behind me and Mack...Well, why don't you start chopping down some trees or something? The girls got this one, easy peezy." Opal turned around holding the massive blade's hit in her hand, but had yet to unsheath The Ifrit, "Alright, girly. You ready to put that weapon to use?" Opal smiled and readied herself. She was like a small red blue as she was bounding through the green forestry. Her figure cutting through the shrubs and then finally leaping into the air, unsheathing her massive blade and then came down crashing into the ground with an explosive hit to the bulbous sac of the creature. It staggered left and right as it hobbled around unaware that it was stricken. In response to the attack it sent out 2 long razor sharp tentacles out to latch on to the girl, but as they came charging for her it broke through only the ground catching dirt. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Shirosu's HP: 27/27 
Opal's HP: 34/34 [Hate 1]

Nepent's HP: 15/17

ID: 30955
BD: 7
 MD: 5

OOC: We'll be using the old combat system as this was in effect before the new system.

Edited by Opal

ID: 30971
LD: 16 (Mat. Harvested)

"Mats, honestly, are worth more than col right at the moment," Mack rumbled in response to Shirosu's comment about her various failings in crafting. In truth, it did seem that Mack often had extraordinary good luck when it came to crafting attempts. Not that he minded being so gifted. "I can make you a sewing kit that will help with the crafting, give me a few days to see what I can come up with," Mack continued, falling silent as Opal spotted the quarry for the group. When she sent him off to chop down a tree, Mack shrugged his broad shoulders. That had been his plan from the get go anyway. As Opal took off to assault the plant-like creature, Mack selected a nice maple tree and began chopping away, quickly producing a spray of wood chips and a crafting material which he added to his own supplies.

• ID:30974
  • BD: 9 (5 DMG)
  • Shirosu: 27/27 [Hate:2]
  • Opal: 34/34 [Hate: 1]
  • Nepents: 10/17

When Mack offered to make her a sewing kit she said,"That would be awesome! if your sure its ok" then she turned around when opal called that she had found their target"Yeah! beat stuff up time!" Shirosu exclaimed leaping over the shrubbery like some wild mountain monkey, her face alight with excitement. She slid into the clearing just after Opal had laid a solid hit on the odd, plant like creature,"Hello weird thing!" she laughed and drawing her knife didn't waste a second plunging it into the odd bulbous top, quick to her feet Shirosu danced backwards as it lashed at her but missed."Boy you are ugly!, even uglier than the boars"  she retreated to opals side and said," Is this the thing that drops what you're looking for? or is there a bigger one"

Opal watched as Shirosu wildly leapt over a bush and planted her knife into the bulbous sac on top of the head of the little nepent. Opal smiled and shook her head, "Got some fire in you girl...Man, everyone is so much stronger than I am..." Opal narrowed her eyes, it was hard to watch as people continued to pass her by so quickly, they were all off fighitng and gaining levels while she mostly stood in the background and flirted with the boys instead of going out there like everyone else and being productive. She sighed and hefted the malicious blade to her shoulder. She slid her foot forward as The Ifrit burned with a crimson glow and pulsated with a silver spark. She took off towards the Nepent and rattled it with a blistering sweep of her blade. Both hands on the hilt, she pulled back slightly as the weight of the blade took her in spinning motion until the hot streaks of red crossed over the green hide of the plant creature knocking it back a foot. The creature seemed to bobbing up and down with anger as it unleashed its tentacles at her and smacked her several times in the body before pulling away. 

Opal got to her feet, using the massive blade as a crutch to get up..."I think this is the only one we need to kill to get the quest object. If you wanna kill some more though, I am sure we can find a few others to slay. Unless our Babysitter wants to go home soon!" she shouted the last part enough for Mack to hear her over his wood chopping. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Shirosu's HP: 27/27 [Hate 2]
Opal's HP: 33/34 [Hate 3]

Nepent's HP: 7/17

ID: 30977
BD: 9 [+3BD on next roll]
MD: 8

Edited by Opal

ID: 30978
LD: 20 (Found Mat)

"I can't just leave you two out here," Mack called back to Opal, burying the bladed head of Guillotine in the same tree for a second time. There was a spray of wood chips and another piece of lumber suitable for crafting chipped off of the tree. "Aren't you familiar with The Princess Bride," the hulking blonde man asked, picking up the material and adding it to his inventory. "There is a shortage of certain perfect female parts in the world. It would be a shame if something were to happen to yours. Besides, who knows how many of the guys living in SAO right now would decide to commit seppuku if something were to happen to you?" Mack planted the iron butt cap of his weapon in the ground for a second and watched the two girl's tackle the nepent as he spoke to Opal. "I don't want to live with that on my conscience!"