[[COMPLETE]] [PP-F4] <<Avalanche>> The Grave Blizzard (Grave)

(Sorry for the wait)

"Ugh I knew one of us was going to make a joke like that" I said in response to Grave's comment. We had dispatched the icy warrior and we're smiling at our victory...but not for long. I heard a rumbling come from behind me as the ground began to shake. I turned to look and saw the boss coming towards us, The Avalanche. He was and Ice Elemental on steroids. The hulking icy figure stomped its way towards us as I shouted over to Grave. "Looks like baker has arrived." We both readied our blades. Without giving him time to speak I went in for the first attack. I  ran towards the tower of ice at incredible speeds, but he was ready. With a swing of his hand he unleashed daggers of ice in my direction. Reacting quickly I was able to block most of them with my sword. All but one. The icicle sliced my arm with a cold sting as I staggered backwards. I wasn't going to be able to attack quick enough so I yelled to Grave "Go!"

ID: 30660

BD:3

MD:7

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 0)

Grave 37/37

The Avalanche 50/50

Edited by Koumori
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sighed as the Avalanche trundled over the snowy mountain.  I flipped my mask down and called to the giant ice pole. "It's about time you snowed yourself!" I punned, keeping my ears sharp for Koumori's reply.  I watched as the swordsman took a blow from an icy dagger, before taking a run up myself.  I motioned to Koumori to stand back, and I picked up speed. "Ice to meet you, Avalanche..." I greeted the creature with yet another pun, before my fists began to crackle with sapphire electricity. "But I feel our meeting's going to be shockingly short!" I yelled as I launched myself into the air and drove my fist into the monster's forehead, sending a wave of electricity down its giant body.  I plummeted to the earth and backed off as my feet hit the snow. I turned to Koumori. "Looks like his bark's worse than his frostbite." Damn, I was on a roll!

---

ID: 30683

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 = Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 37/37 HP [HATE: 3]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 0]

The Avalanche: 44/50 HP + Paralyze

(When does paralyze wear off)

Grave just could not stop himself from making ice puns, bad ice puns at that. Normally I'd just ignore it but he seemed to be having fun with it and I was somewhat in the mood as well. After I was attacked and he yelled another one I responded with my own. "Ugh, are we really? Fine...we're gonna melt that smile off your face!" Grave tumbled back to the ground and left an opening for me, but not after another one of his jokes. "Dude, chill out with the puns. Icicle Jr. over there probably doesn't snowpreciate them." I yelled as I jumped into the air. I landed on one of the monster's arm and ran up it towards his face. I jumped off and swung forward my blade, slicing his torso from top to bottom as I fell. When I reached the end I planted my feet on the creature and flipped off. Landing behind Grave I yelled "Switch!"

ID: 30736

BD:7+1=8 (4 DMG)

Grave 37/37 (Hate 3)

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 1)

The Avalanche 40/50 +paralyze

(After one turn, so that's Me (Paralyze activates) > Avalanche > You > Me (Paralyze wears off))

I groaned at Koumori's puns.  If someone thought that mine were bad, they hadn't heard the swordsman's. "Mori, your puns are bloody crappier than mine!" I called as he requested a switch.  I took off in another run, but the snow was piling onto the cross set in my mask.  I attempted to pat the cold white substance away before leaping upwards, trying to land a blow on the Avalanche's arm...

But the snow must have really screwed up my vision.  I barely soared over a hook aimed at my whole body and my extended fist scraped along the frozen shoulder of the Avalanche.  I landed in the snow in a crouch, but was I disappointed?  No, because I had more pun fodder. "Giving me the cold shoulder now, are you?" I called to the iceberg.  I dusted the snow off my clothing, and the Avalanche seemed to growl at my puns. "Oh, I'm sorry for being such a snow-off." I apologized, before grinning behind my mask, looking to Koumori to take the shot.

---

ID: 30737

BD: 3 + 1 = 4 = Failure

Grave: 37/37 HP [HATE: 3]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 1]

The Avalanche: 40/50 HP

This time Grave was the one that couldn't get in a hit but he still got one in against me. He thought my puns were bad? I was only doing this for his benefit and he was insulting mine? He must not have heard how sad his were. When we was back on the ground after his failed attempted he let loose with another one, his worst yet. "Snow-off? Really? And you're telling me mine are bad?" I shook my head at him as I got ready to attack. But as I moved towards the monster he completely dodged my attack, well not really dodge, his attention was on something else. Seemingly ignoring me, the ice monster broght down his huge arm in a swing and caught it right on Grave's chest sending him flying. I was pretty surprised at the display and forgot about attacking as I yelled to see if he was alright. "Hey are you okay?"

ID:30738

BD: 2+1

MD:10

Grave 34/37 (Hate 3)

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 1)

The Avalanche 40/50

Edited by Koumori

(You forgot to display what the MD was XD)

"At least snow-off sounds like show-off!" I shouted back, still laughing. "Snow-precation sounds nothing like appreciation!" My eyes were trained on the brown haired swordsman as he went to attack.  Bad move.  Next think I knew, a giant, icy fist caught my body full on and sent me sprawling through the snow.  The impact didn't hurt; the cold did.  I did a quick analysis of my body, and nothing seemed too bad, and Crimson Cross didn't seem to be broken, either.  Thank goodness...

Why was Koumori worried about me?!  He should have been focused on the Avalanche! "Mori, this is snow time to be worrying about me, alright?  Go ice the bastard already." I commanded, grinning behind the mask.

---

ID: 30739

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 = Failure

Grave: 32/37 HP [HATE: 3]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 1]

The Avalanche: 40/50 HP

Edited by Grave

(Oops sorry I edited it. It was 10 by the way haha)

"Hey I'm used to making real jokes, not stupid ice puns!" I yelled back at him chuckling to myself. After he was launched back into the snow he seemed surprised that I was worried about him and not attacking the monster. With, of course, more puns. I felt the urge to face palm as I started running towards the creature. As I was running I yelled back to Grave once more, "I snow what I'm doing. Don't just stand there frozen, get ready go!" I ran towards the creature and slid under his fist as he tried to punch me from above, his fist landing in the ground just behind me. I leaped up and got in a slice right under his arm before landing and rolling to safety. Graves turn. 

ID: 30740

BD: 5+1=6 (4 DMG)

MD= 3

Grave 34/37

Koumori 33/36

The Avalanche 36/50

Edited by Koumori

(I have a feeling you didn't read about the Avalanche properly -_- 3 base damage a hit. 10 would have given it 5 damage. Also, why's your health at 36? You're level 15, it should be 33...)

This time I actually chuckled at Koumori's puns. "There you go, those ones were much better!" I egged the swordsman on as I finally picked myself up out of the white powder.  Koumori managed to take another chunk out of the Avalanche, and I knew that was my cue.  I charged the avalanche again, using its sunken arm as a runway for me to make a beeline for the side of its head.  I launched myself at the side of the frozen globe, and my gauntlet smashed into the mass of ice, causing a small area to explode into shards of ice at the point of impact.  I dropped back down into the snow and rolled to safety, letting Koumori deal with the monster - this time without firing off a pun.

---

ID: 30742

BD: 8 + 1 = 9 = Modified Success (4 DMG)

Grave: 32/37 HP [HATE: 4]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 2]

The Avalanche: 32/50 HP

(Where does it say that? All I saw was "Damage Per Attack = 3" Did it say something else? Well when we started out I was level 14 so I kept my health at that level, but I just completed a quest that started before this giving me the extra skill Survival, which gives me 5 additional HP. That would make 36)

"Yeah thanks" I said in return to Grave's comment. He seemed to improve of my last batch of puns. He capitalized on the opening I left for him and delivered a solid blow to the monsters head, sending chunks of ice flying in all directions. He landed back on the ground pretty satisfied, but he shouldn't have been. He was right in front of the monsters foot ad the ice menace took no second thought at kicking my companion with all of his might. The large foot hit Grave and set him flying towards a scary looking wall of ice. Moving as quickly as I could I lunged towards him and grabbed him in the air, changing his path. We tumbled and landed in the snow just before the wall. Panting I said, "what's the matter, frozen telephone pole got your tongue?"

ID: 30752

BD: 2+1=3

MD=10

Grave 27/37 (Hate 4)

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 2)

The Avalanche 32/50

(The 3 damage refers to basic damage. Crits are applied as normal XD And ahhh, I see, Survival. I was just confused by the sudden jump in HP)

The wind (and the heat, for that matter) was knocked out of me as I felt an oversized foot collide with my body, sending me flying across the frozen hill. My head kept spinning and I had no idea where I was headed, I only knew it wasn't anywhere pleasant.  Soon enough a body collided with my and knocked me sideways, sending me straight into the snow.  I perked my head up and gathered my bearings m, my eyes settling on Koumori, before flicking past him to a large wall of ice. "Thanks for saving my ass." I thanked him as I stood up, brushing snow off of my clothes a second time.  My eyes traveled to the Avalanche. "Hold the frozen phone." I told Koumori before raising my voice. "That was a bit of a cold-hearted move there!" I shouted at the hulking figure.  My legs shot off and I was rushing the Avalanche head on, my right fist glowing crimson.  I swung my arm around in a wide arc and stopped just beside the frozen leg, using my momentum to bring the glowing gauntlet crashing into the ice, shattering part of what would have been the knee. "Alright, Mori, switch!" I called as I stood back, making room for the swordsman, <<Battle Healing>> working at my wounds.

---

ID: 30786

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 = Success (4 DMG)

CD: 10 = +1 HP

Grave: 28/37 HP [HATE: 5]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 2]

The Avalanche: 28/50 HP

(Stupid crits. Yeah sorry I should've said something about that. I will the next time)

We crashed into the snow in a dizzy haze. When my vision cleared I could see the monster already approaching. Grave regained his composure quickly as well and thanked me for saving him before going after the creature once more. This time he went for the leg. What better way to get pay back than to pummel the limb that had hit him in the first place? Grave brought his fist back and slammed the creature right in the kneecap, shattering it. Just as I expected. Grave hadn't noticed, but when I saw his trajectory I followed right after him. By the time his hit landed and he called for me to switch I was already there. "Ahhhhhhhhhhh" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I plunged my sword as deep into the icy knee as I could. My initial speed and powerful thrust ensured it went in over half way. Now, using the bottom half of his leg as leverage, I let out another powerful scream as I jerked my sword upward "Arrghhh". I loud crack emanated from the ice, and thankfully it wasn't my sword. The monsters leg shattered as I yanked out my sword and he awkwardly fell as his leg crumbled beneath him. I leaped back a few times to dodge the icy projectiles he launched at me in defense, but none of them came close. I came to a stop about 15 feet from the monster and watched as he tried to stand back up on his one good leg, using his arm for balance. His broken left leg was already beginning to slowly reform so we had to act fast. "You know what to do!" I yelled to Grave. 

ID: 30790

BD: 10+1=11 (6 DMG)

MD: 5

Grave: 28/37 (Hate 5)

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 5)

The Avalanche 22/50

Edited by Koumori

Now we were working like clockwork.  When I was ready to switch, Koumori was already there, his weapon poised to strike my point of impact and cleave through the limb, coupled with a kind of battle cry.  I was quick to follow up, landing a flurry of light blows as my fists danced in red and blue, chipping away the ice as if I was carving an ice sculpture.  The leg became thinner and thinner, until it was at the point of breaking...

But I had to give way to the income rain of icicles that threatened to skewer my flesh.  I ducked back and let <<Battle Healing>> tend to my previous wounds, giving Koumori his opening to attack our colossal foe.

---

ID: 30825

CD: 12 = +1 HP

Grave: 29/37 HP [HATE: 6]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 5]

The Avalanche: 18/50 HP

Grave and I were on a role. We had done a significant amount of damage in such a short time and we showed no signs of stopping. When his flurry of fists was completed he moved out of the way to make room for me once again. This time I was positive I had an even cooler attack than the last one. I sprinted towards the ice monster at top speed. I was about to ready my blade when something...embarrassing happened. I slipped. As soon as my foot came down on a patch of ice both my feet went out from under me. I landed on my butt with a thud and slowly slid forward to the boss. "Looks like I got cold feet." I said as I got ever so closer to the boss. But I wasn't hurt so recovering wasn't a problem. I changed direction and made my way to some snow. Once I stood up I turned to see the monsters arm swinging at me just as it had done t Grave. Luckily I was ready and quickly ducked out of the way. Standing back up a let out a whistle of relief. "That one stays between us" So much for being on a role.

ID: 30851

BD: 3

MD:3

Grave 29/37 (Hate 6)

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 5)

The Avalanche 18/50

I laughed as Koumori took the slide of shame across the ice towards the Avalanche, quickly recovering afterwards. "Yeah, that one's our little secret!" I called to him as he ducked another freezing blow from the boss.  I ran towards Koumori as the second fist came crashing towards the swordsman. I moved in the way of the incoming blow and raised both of my fists in front of me.  The glacier-like fist shattered at the tip as it made contact with my gauntlets, showering us in sparkling shards. "You're up, Mori."

---

ID: 30852

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 = Success (4 DMG)

Grave: 29/37 HP [HATE: 7]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 5]

The Avalanche: 14/50 HP

"Thanks"I said when he agreed that my misstep was our little secret. Grave leaped in front of me to block the bosses next swing before it could devastate my head. Fortunately that block also functioned as a hit and crumbled the icy hand. Taking my own shot, I leaped over Grave's head as he yelled for me two switch and sliced my sword down on the monsters wrist, completely severing his hand. "Ouch. Need a hand with that? ...I'm sorry I heard it as soon as I said it" I landed on the hand and backed off. The monster was stumbling back and roaring in some sort of pain. "Well, go for it!"

ID:30871

BD:8+1=9(4 DMG)

MD:3

Grave 29/37 (Hate 7)

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 6)

The Avalanche 10/50

(Sorry, crashing right after this post :| )

Yeah, the brunet was definitely improving on his puns.  Once the monster was disarmed (literally), I pressed my attack further, using the fallen limb as a springboard of sorts, launching myself through the air towards the Avalanche's head.  My course was swiftly impeded by an incoming fist, and I barely stopped short of the danger.  I speared my hand into the frozen limb, and was brought into the air by the giant, flinging me over its body and towards its rear.  I tumbled through the air, over and over, struggling to right myself, until I was facing straight.  I raised an open hand above my shoulder and slammed downwards, the chop splitting the boss's back apart and leaving an opening for Koumori to duck in and attack.

---

ID: 30872

Grave: 29/37 HP [HATE: 8]

Koumori: 33/36 HP [HATE: 6]

The Avalanche: 6/50 HP

(Sorry he keeps pounding you)

We were on another roll. Grave quickly followed up my attack, not quite gracefully, and got to the monsters back, splitting it open. The monster lunged forward in pain. But then something awful happened. The monster started to glow an ominous red as I began to violently shake. Grave had no chance to get out of the way. He was still on the Giants back when massive stakes of ice shot out of it. One of those poles lodged deeply into Graves shoulder. I knew that that would leave a mark. "Grave!" I yelled to him. "Get out of there before something worse happens!" I was worried for my friend. It seemed that we had activated the bosses try hard mode. He had such little health left though so I was confident we could still beat him. I tried to reach Grave myself and help him, but there was no way for me to get up there. The monster would most certainly take me out first. 

ID: 30878

BD: 4

MD: 10

Grave 24/37 (Hate 8)

Koumori 33/36 (Hate 6)

The Avalanche 6/50

(No worries, he's going down this turn ;) And also, it's not such little health when I'm not even at half XD)

Before long, my hand caught in the crevice, and I was left dangling from the colossal body. "Oh, crap." I swore, but the Avalanche began to glow, and I could tell something big was coming. "Oh... Crap..." I repeated for an entirely different reason.  Cold pain shot through my shoulder and collarbone asa spear of ice skewered my shoulder, depleting my health considerably.  The expulsion of icicles seemed to have widened the crack in the giant's back, as I soared back towards the snow, the spear still lodged in my flesh.  I landed in a haphazard crouch and stumbled backwards, ripping the icicle from my arm as I did so.  My eyes zoned in on the half-destroyed face looming above. "It's been ice snowing you, but I have on thing to say to you;" My right fist crackled with sapphire electricity as I leapt into he air towards the Avalanche's chest. "ICE-TA LA VISTA, BABY!" I shouted, doing a very poor Arnold Schwarzenegger impression as the colossus exploded upon my fist's impact with its frozen chest, and the monster shattered into a mixture of data and ice shards, floating daintily to the ground with me.  I flipped my mask up and looked to Koumori, flashing a satisfied grin with a thumbs up.

---

ID: 30889

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 = Modified Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 24/37 HP

Koumori: 33/36 HP

The Avalanche: *DEAD*

LD: 2 = Avalanche Shards (Mat) + Snowfrost

Edited by Grave

(I'll end it on my next post so we get the next col reward)

I was happy to see that Grave had recovered so well, and even defeated the creature. After pulling the ice shard out of his arm he released his most powerful blow yet at the center of the ice giant's mass and blew him to smithereens...with the best joke I heard all day. I didn't even have any time to celebrate before I started laughing, something I could stop for a few solid seconds. "That's the best one I've heard in awhile" I said to Grave as he smiled at me. Regaining my composure, I surveyed the scene and shook my head in satisfaction. "Well, looks like we're done here" I said confidently. After that Grave and I began the trip back into town. This time there were no mobs so we didn't have to make any stops. To make things even better the storm had died down too. After not so long a time we were back at our starting point and finished the thread with the NPC. After that I turned to Grave, "Good work. You were pretty cold hearted back there." Hey we were still on the snow level. 

"I'm glad that you approve of my latest pun." I replied to Koumori, after he commented on my Schwarzenegger impression, laughing his ass off.  To my pleasure the mini-blizzard had ended, giving me clear sight of my loot; a material and something called 'Snowfrost', a substance that gives the consumer fire resistance.  That may have come in handy upon reaching later floors.  Koumori finished off the quest for us and our journey ended where it began.  The swordsman fired off a parting pun, and I grabbed the bridge of my nose. "It's bad form to reuse a pun someone already used in your presence recently." I scolded him, grinning widely afterwards. "I guess I'll see you around, Mori." I told him with a hand extended out.

I began walking away from the brunet, before something clicked in my mind.  I spun around for a moment and looked at Koumori. "I guess I have a new nickname now; Thaw, the British God of Lightning." I shot off one final, well-planned pun before making my way toward the teleport gate.