[PP-F6]-Well No one Said That The Snakes Where Giant

Beoreson had teleported up to the sixth floor as he thought he was ready for a more challenging place then, the desert. The warrior walked to the tavern of Amazon. He ordered a ale and, decided that he would ask the first person he saw to go hunting with him. He knew that the jungles had to at least hold some snakes to kill and, he knew that he wanted to make some snakeskin armor. The warrior knew that if he infused the snake skin with metal that the armor would be a very, very fine set of scale mail. He took a sip of his drink and, waited.

I decided I'd make my second trip to Amazon. I had a pretty good time my first time there so I figured it was worth a return visit. I arrived a little after lunch time so I immediately felt my hunger start to set in. After only a few minutes of meandering I caught glimpse of some sort of tavern. I thought I might as well eat now so I'd be good to go for later. This time around I was much more accustomed to the Amazon weapon that were the NPCs, so navigating to the tavern through the crowd didn't prove to be too difficult. I opened the door and took a step inside. As I examined the place I wasn't at all surprised at what I saw. The decor matched the theme of the floor perfectly. However, there was a player inside who caught my attention. He had been part of the first large group I got into in SAO. But for some reason I couldn't remember his name. In order to avoid any awkwardness or hard feelings, I decided maybe it would just be better to take a seat. So, that's what I attempted to do. 

Beoreson payed for his ale and, walked over to the new player that had shown up in the tavern. The warrior couldn't remember the kids name but, only the people in his guild would have gotten angry if he forgot them. The warrior waves to the other man. He has on what looks to be a ninja suit that some plate mail on it. The warrior has a neck guard that looks to be some sort of cloth that has plate on it. "Hey, I forgot you're name but, I think we went on some group mission not too long ago." says the warrior with a grin. He was happy that it was someone he had know at one point. "If you forgot my name is Beoreson or Beore for short.  I'm looking for someone to go snake hunting with me." says the warrior as he offers his hand to shake. "So, do you want to come with me on this hunting trip?" asks the warrior. The warrior has some sort of straight sword strapped to his back that has a golden dragon on the outside of the sheath.

As luck would have it the guy got up and began walking over to me. Fortunately though, it was apparent he didn't exactly remember me either. The slightly oddly dressed swordsman introduced himself to me, for what I could only assume was the second time, and asked if I would like to hunt snakes with him. Snakes? I extended my hand to accept his and shook it to start my greeting. "I'm not the only one then, I'm Koumori. Fun times, huh?" I retracted my hand looked around a bit as I thought about his request. I had nothing else to do so it couldn't hurt. Besides I needed some practice time in with my sword. I might as well accept. I turned back to look at him and spoke "Sure, why not? Why snakes though?" I seemed to be hung up on the snake part. I wasn't scared off them, the choice just seemed odd to me. Why not Minotaurs or something? That would be more in line with the amazons. In any case, it didn't really matter. But if I sensed any trouble I'd be out of there. 

Edited by Koumori

The raven haired warrior decides to explain why to the other warrior. "I want to make a very fine set of scale mail." says the warrior as if there was nothing odd about hunting killer snakes for the scales. He thought for a moment. "Koumori, why are you up on this floor. You look a bit low to be soloing this floor." says the warrior as he rubs his chin. He seemed to be in a social mood but, was clearly trying to get to the bottom of why he was here.

His explanation as to why he was hunting snakes seemed to make sense. I didn't know why he'd want snake mail, but to each his own. However, what he said next aggravated me a little. He asked why I was there if my level was so low. That seemed like a pretty presumptuous thing to say. Sure I wasn't at the top, but I certainly wasn't low either. Showing a little bit of my emotion, I crossed my arms over my chest. "What do you mean? I'm over twice the level of the floor. Are these some sort of super snakes?" Hey maybe I was wrong. Maybe I was severely under leveled and I didn't even know it. If that was the case, I'd need to know. You always had to be careful in here and I didn't want to run out like an idiot and get myself killed. 

"I play it safe and, make sure that at most a monster's attack can do is 3 damage as a base." says the warrior looking at the man. "The monsters on this floor to a base damage of six. My armor and, skills make it a -4 damage for when I am hit. That means that they can only do a minimum of 2 damage, if my battle healing doesn't activate. The a average monster on this floor can do a max of 4 damage and, with my skill and, level I can take about twelve hits. You can only take about eight to ten hits." explains the warrior. It seemed that the warrior most likely had a complex system that he used, and it would most likely work for most people soloing.

What he said next surprised me. That was a lot of damage. "6? I've heard of bosses that do less damage than that. What's the deal there?" I was actually surprised by his statement. I had never had any trouble with mobs before, and in all other RPGs being double the level was more than plenty. On the other hand, I didn't have any armor at all. I was at a severe disadvantage either way. I'd definitely have to beef myself up soon if I wanted to start climbing up the ladder and go to the tops floors. Maybe I should ask him some things. "Apparently I'm not sure on a lot of things. Would you mind explaining?"

Beoreson thought to for a moment of what the boy meant when he said explain. "Well I know quite a few things but, you have to be more specific or we will never leave the tavern." says the raven haired man. He appeared to be quite smart but, also seemed to be a very relaxed person. Not normally two thing that go together very well. "What do you want to know? I would like a specific question." says the warrior making it clear that he didn't want a broad question like, "Nothing like where is the best loot." says the man as he sits down at the table.

He didn't seem to be happy with my question. He didn't want to assume what I was asking about, which he could've done, he wanted me to give him something specific. Alright then. He sat down and made himself comfortable. What I really wanted to know was about enemy health and attack. That's what I'd start with. "Okay. Let's see, how do I figure out how much health an enemy has and how much damage their attacks will do?" Surely that would be good. I still couldn't get past the whole "six points of damage" thing. Whatever his answer was, I knew I'd have to get at least some light armor. I had also heard of a battle healing skill, that could come in handy. 

"Ah, that's an easy one. Monsters normally have about the same damage as the level that they are on. Give or take about 3-5 points of damage. Monsters typically spawn according to the players in the area, with about half the highest player's HP and, the floor level times two. The reason I say typically is because, sometimes times something higher leveler will come to face a party of higher level." says the warrior as he explains the information. It was in one of the player information books a while back. Well some of the information but, Beoreson had recorded every monster that he had ever fought and, he also recorded his level and, party size. "Also, if you have more then one person in a group there is a high chance that the monsters that spawn will have special ability" says the warrior.

Hmm, most of what he said made sense to me, but one of his points didn't match up with what I had heard. Better clear things up. "From what I understood, mobs did damage equal to half the level of the floor, not the actual level. So monsters here would do 3 damage not 6. That's what I remember reading anyway." I didn't know anything about the special ability part so I'd just take his word on that one. 

(This is pretty much turning into an in character OOC conversation lol. Kinda weird. Well I guess the question would be better coming from me. The tutorial says damage is half floor level, so the 6 thing caught me off guard (especially since the quest boss on this floor does less than that) So are you just changing it for the thread? Don't make it too dangerous haha.)

OOC: Beoreson has been facing monsters that do the floor number damage +2. This is his take on what is going on. Don't worry I was going to make the monsters the minimum for the floor and, call it good.

Beoreson nods,"I have perfect armor, and a perfect weapon. The monsters that spawn because of me are stronger then, most of them. Also, I have an okay sword skill." explains the warrior. Not that anything weaker had ever spawned for the warrior. The system must just hate the man for him to have been facing monsters that strong for a while. The warrior stretches out his arms then, stands up. "I think we should head out now. I want to be back in time to work at my blacksmithing skill." says the warrior.

(Just, like I said, don't want the risk to be too high. It is just snake hunting after all. I don't mean to put a damper on your fun though)

"Well I only have a perfect weapon, no armor at all yet. Let's just hope we come across stuff that's not too difficult." I said in reply. This guy seemed to be much more prepared than me. He also seemed to have much more experience fighting mobs. Well I'd still go with him but if things got too bad I wouldn't hesitate to retreat. I'm not dying to snakes, no matter the reward. He stands up and say he should go. I stand up as well and speak. "Alright then, lead the way."

Beoreson nods and, leads the way into the dark, damp jungle. He tries to make small talk with the man as they walk though the heavy plant growth. Beoreson chopping away at vines and, the like he seemed to be enjoying the chopping. "So, what kind of snakes do you think we are going to find? I think that we are going to find some sort of venomous one." says the warrior in a casual tone, as if he didn't care much if a giant 30 foot one attack him. He seemed like a person that would walk into a minefield if someone told him to.

Beoreson nodded and led me out of the tavern and into the jungle. As we got deeper, he had to start cutting through the vines just for us to keep going. After a little while of awkward silence he finally spoke, asking what I expected to find. For some reason I felt he already knew what we were getting into, but I decided to humor him. "If I had to guess, considering what SAO is like, they're probably taller than us and have arms and legs." It was very well possible I thought. I wouldn't put it past SAO to take a snack and turn it into a bipedal enemy. It fit with some sort of mythical theme. We continued walking deeper into the jungle without seeing anything. I imagined we were coming up on the enemy spawn zone so we should start to see some action. I looked over at the warrior and started a conversation again."Let's make quick work of them" 

(Make a LD check to see if you notice the snake above us. 10+ is a success.)

Beoreson nodded with a as he was chopping though the vines. He seemed to really like hitting things with his sword. The man eventually found a clearing in the area that had a few large trees, and some vines going between them.  The warrior stopped at the clearing and, looked around. "Odd. I was told that snakes spawned in this area." mutters the raven haired swordsman. He picks up some leafs and, looks under the fallen branches as well. He finds nothing of interest.