Complete <<Earning a Living>> PP-F1 Sew were the days

I was sitting on a bench in the town of Beginnings. I was still fairly new to the game but I was able to grasp the basic concepts of the game. I had been looking at the quest board for most of the time and saw something pop up. Seeing as how I had been sitting and glancing at the quest, I jumped out of my seat to look at what this quest was. "Earning a Living...?" I said to myself. It was apparently a quest that would allow me to take on a profession. I looked at the available options and I was instantly hooked by the tailor option. After I accepted, a message appeared in my inbox about going to a certain place in the city. It also said that I could bring someone along to help me out with the quest. I opened up the list of players I had interactions with. I pondered who to pick. I eventually decided on Abalasster, seeing as he was the only one on the floor. I sat back down until he responded.

Edited by Annicade

I was in my shop repairing some things that needed to be tended to, like the roof of the place. I was hammering in some wooden planks to the roof when out of nowhere, a message went off and I about died by nails. I fell of the ladder that i was on and fell to the floor , nails coming in right after, almost hitting me. I sure had more luck with dodging situation in this game then I ever did in really life. I picked myself off the floor and opened the message. I had messaged my friends in the guild that i was going to be working on my shop and that i wasn't going to questing, so i hoped that they got the message that today i just wanted it to be me and my shop. I opened up the message and saw that it was from Annicade. I opened it and it was a request to help her out with the Earning a Living quest. I wasn't one to turn down helping people that needed it, so i changed into my guild robes and set off to where she was, which was in the town square. I let Khepri hop on my shoulder and we were off...  

I looked around town square. This place sure was a sight to see. It was pretty impressive with all the buildings that surrounded and the giant bell tower. I then turned to see Abalasster coming into the town square. I smiled. At least he hadn't turned down my request. Either that or he was here personally to turn down my request. I also noticed something on his shoulder. He was at a distance so I really couldn't make it out. I began to walk towards him and I saw what it was. "A...Scor......pion!!" I said to myself. I absolutely hated those little things that crawled in the desert. But I found it appropriate not to offend him. "Hey, Abalasster" I said to him. "The location to the shop is this way, or at least the map says so" I said, hoping that he would follow. 

I walked into the Town Square to see Annicade walking towards me. She must have seen me before I saw her. We met in the middle and she initiated conversation with saying "Hey". I smiled and replied the same. I could see that her face was distressed a bit and that she was looking at my left shoulder, where Khepri was positioned. "She must not be fond of Scorpions" i thought to myself. She then began to lead me towards where she said that the shop was. She pointed to a place down the market district, a place i knew all too well. We began to walk past the familiar buildings. I then popped a question. "So, what profession did you choose? Out of all those good options it must have been hard. I know this from experience. I personally chose the merchant profession". If she had chosen a profession like blacksmith, then i may have someone i could have make me weapons...  

"I chose the tailor position. I just thought that I could make some really cool things if I were to take up being a tailor". He mentioned being a merchant and I couldn't help but tease him on it. "So, you chose the position that cheats people and steals peoples money". I looked forward to see where the map had lead us to. It wasn't too big of a shop. Its name was "Eugene's Clothing." The building was lit up on the outside with bright colors such as aquamarine and violet. I walked into the shop and looked around. The racks were adorn with beautiful clothing. I picked one up and looked at it. As soon as I did, I heard a voice come from not too far behind me say "Hellllllo Darling..."  

She told me that she had chosen the profession of tailor. I was filled wit happiness. I had Mack to help me with weaponry and Annicade to supply me armor. All i needed to do was be able to get on and stay on her good side. She then commented on my profession, speaking of it rather badly. "I know the reputation of being a merchant is rather poor, but I can assure you that i haven't cheated anyone....yet". I had to put that in at the end. We made it to the place where she would be learning her profession. I looked up at the sign of the shop and almost laughed. It read "Eugene's shop". My training with Weasel had been odd, but if the rumors i had heard about Eugene were true, this would be ten times more strange. I let here go in alone and told her that i would be waiting outside and to call for me if she needed to help

(OOC: I'm trying to add some flavor with the whole Eugene thing) 

(OOC: No worries, I was going in that direction as well)

I turned to see an NPC with lime green hair. I was taken aback extensively. I was so flabbergasted that I just stood and watched as he came towards me. "OH my gawd, these clothes just won't do Darling" he said as he began examining them. He then spun me over towards a wall and I stopped against it. I watched as he got out some ruler tape. I began to speak up by saying "Excuse me, Mr. Eugene" But, instead of acknowledging me, he just continued doing what he was doing. He wrapped the measuring tape around me tightly, leaving me with barely any room to breathe. He then took the tape out from around my waist and I let out all the air he had been forcing me to contain. He then ran back and got some clothes from his shelf and told me to put them on. He gave them to me and almost pushed me to what I expected were his dressing rooms. But I had enough of this parade. "Mister Eugene" I said forcefully. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. He said "What is it my Darling". "I haven't come here to buy your clothes. I came to learn how to be a tailor". His face lit up even more when I said this. He took his clothes back and put them on the shelves.    

Annicade didn't seem to affected by me staying outside the building, so i stayed outside. I leaned up against the wall to the building and watched people walk down the streets. I then wondered how Annicade was doing in there. I had heard rumors that Eugene was a very absurd tailor and he was...different. But i had also heard that he was the best in the business. I then heard noises come from inside the building. Those of things crashing and words coming from both Annicade and what i assumed to be Eugene. I smiled and looked down to Khepri, whom was laying on his back. I picked the scorpion up by his stinger and placed him back on his feet... 

"So your the new one whom wants to become a tailor?" Eugene said to me. I acknowledged him by nodding my head. He almost jumped for joy. "Excellent my darling, Excellent. Now, lets talk about what I need you to get for me" he said the last line as he got a chair from one of his closets. He motioned for me to sit, so I did. "Alright my dear, I first need you to go and get me the tusks of a boar. Inside the tusks is a powder that looks absolutely gorgeous. Also the tusk material is really sturdy. Next, there is a fabric that one of my competitors is using that looks so totally fetch. I need you to break into her store and steal it for me. Finally, I need you to get a certain pigment for me. It is deep inside a cave that is protected by some imp's. I hope that you can handle it. Well, then see you when you get my stuff". He got up and went to the door and opened it. I got out of my chair and walked towards the exit. I needed to tell Abalasster what we needed to get. 

Not longer after all the commotion occurred, i saw Annicade come out of the building. I smiled and asked her how her adventure was with Eugene. I had never met the guy and had wondered if any of the rumor had been true. If so, then i had won a few bets. I was sure that he was brilliant but...different. She seemed a bit flabbergasted from the whole experience so i kept my questions to a minimum. But, i did ask "What are our tasks from the tailor". I was sure that he wouldn't just show her how to make something and then say boom, your a tailor... 

Not long after I got out, Abalasster asked me what my "adventure with Eugene" had been like. I let out a sigh and a smile. I looked at him and said "You are never to let me go back there alone". I then told him how odd Eugene looked, with his lime green hair, to him measuring me". I then told him that we would need to go kill a boar, break into a shop to steal some special fabric and then we would need to go into a cave to get some color pigment. I thought that our first objective should be to go and get the boar's tusk, because it would be the easiest to accomplish and I was still fairly new to the combat system .

Annicade mentioned her experience and i couldn't help but laugh. All the rumors about Eugene had been true and what she just said had just proved it. She then began to tell me what needed to be collected for her to reach tailor-ship. The first thing she said that she needed was the tusk of a boar. I knew the perfect spot for her to get this. I motioned for her to follow me...

I lead her to the plains where i would hunt boars when i was on Annicade's  level. I spotted a boar in the distance. I threw a rock at it to get tits attention. I then motioned for Annicade to take over from here... 

I had to punch Abalasster in the arm for laughing. However, I probably would have done the same exact thing if I were in his position. He agreed with what I had thought would be the appropriate thing to start with. I followed him as we walked to the plains of the city...

We walked out onto the plains and breathed in the fresh air. I hadn't been out here all too much, but it was beautiful. I then se Abalasster throw a stone at a boar to get its attention. The boar turned towards us and came running. Abalasster backed away, and motioned for me to take on the boar. I was startled. I thought that he would e doing it. However, I took my war hammer and waited for the boar to attack...

I watched as the boar came closer and closer to Annicade. I called out to her to not be so tense and just focus on the boar. I watched as the boar came into melee range. Who would strike first was a question that would be answered very soon...

ID; 30630

MD: 8

Annicade 8/9

Boar 2/2

The boar was the one to take the first move. It collided into Annicade and sent her to the ground. I watched her recover and get back up. "Now is your chance. Strike that Boar right back...

I watched tensely as the boar came towards me. I had barely an experience with fighting so I was a bit new that this. I heard Abalasster call from behind me to ease up and just keep all my attention on the boar. I watched as the boar just kept on closing in. My plan was to let the boar strike, me block the attack and then strike back.

Annicade 8/9

boar 2/2

My plan began to fall apart as soon as the boar struck me and sent me to the ground. I got up and was a bit anger. "How could I let this happen" I said to myself. Abalasster called back to me. "Easy for you to say". I got up and readied my war hammer...

ID: 30632

BD: 10

Boar -2/2

I swung my axe at the boar and it must have done some serious damage. The boar flipped over itself from the impact of the hammer and erupted in blue pixels. I then received the boar tusks. I was filled with excitement. One down, 2 to go. 

Annicade spoke out as she was getting up. I stopped talking once she said that and just watched the battle. She was able to strike out against the creature. and kill it with just one strike. I applauded as she did. She looked a lot happier now that she had been able to kill the creature. I walked down towards her. "Alright, now what is the next step in your quest for good 'ol Eugene" I said. I then diverted my attention to the sunset that was occurring before me. It was pretty beautiful. I had only seen few beautiful things in Aincrad and this was totally one of them...  

I heard Abalasster applauding for me and I turned to him and did a little bow. He walked to me and asked what our next adventure was. I told him that it was for us to go and break into a competitor of Eugene's. But, I looked up to see that his attention was turned towards something else. I looked where he was looking and saw one of the most beautiful sunsets that I have ever seen. "That is so magnificent" I said aloud. I just couldn't take my eyes off of it. But, I knew that if I wanted to become a tailor, I would have to part with this beauty. I pulled on Abalasster's arm to get his attention. I began to walk back towards the city.

I just couldn't take my eyes off this magnificent sight. That was until Annicade pulled on my arm. I turned my attention towards her. I had just caught bits and pieces of what she had said. What I recalled was breaking in to somewhere. This intrigued me. I had to break into a place on my first adventure. It had been one of the coolest experiences that i was required to do. "If we are breaking into a place, then its good you have me. Now, since this is your quest, i say that you do the stealing and i'll be the diversion. I'll draw the owner out of the shop and then you go in and steal the fabric. What do you say?"

We began to walk into the city. Abalasster began to spew his idea for how we should go at raiding the shop. His plan of him being the diversion and me being the thief made sense to me. He was a merchant by trade, so he was bound to know how to get and keep peoples attention for a period of time. I looked to him and agreed. We eventually made it to the shop. It looked similar in exterior design to Eugene's. But, it didn't have the same color scheme. I then began to devise a plan. "Abalasster, you go into the shop and get the attention of the shop owner. Then I sneak in. Once I'm in, I'm going to search for the fabric. You are to keep her attention for as long as possible. You message me if you end up losing her. We ready?"... 

"I'm hella ready" i said to Annicade. This time i would be playing weasels side of the break in. I knocked on the door of the shop. As i did, Annicade hid herself in the shadows. The NPC came to the door. She surely had an odd fashion sense, with her violet hair and multi-colored shirt and shorts. "Yes?" she asked me. "Hello ma'am" i begun, "Are you interested in some ways that you can improve your clothes?" She didn't shoot me down. "Sure, what do you have to offer" she replied. "If you would follow me back to my shop I can show you these amazing tactics". She shrugged and followed me as i lead her to my shop. I had been able to give Annicade her window to get in, hopefully she took it...