[PP-F1] Courage (Koumori)

Blue walked out of his shop. He'd spent the last few days material gathering for all the orders that had been placed in his shop. He sighed as he was quite tired and he figured that today would be a great day to go outside for once and actually enjoy the sunlight and the nature of this world. He turned around and closed the doors to his shop but made note not to lock the shop so people can come in any time and place in an order anytime. People can't steal in this game. He thought before walking into the town that he'd been in the most and where he lived in in the classic shop he owns.

He continued walking down the gravel path that would soon lead him into the floor one park where it was filled with trees that dance when the wind blows through them.... birds singing to the rhythm of the wind and... the greatest of all nature... the sun and the sky. It was something that Blue truly admired... how big the sky was and how active the rays of the sun would be when the shine upon the world and especially Blue's face. He sat down on a nearby bench where he closed his eyes and faced the sun so that his eyes would not become damage from directly looking at the sun. Enjoyment. He thought before leaning back and making himself comfortable.

I seemed to be noticing this a lot, but there were certain days in Aincrad where the environmental settings were set to an "optimal" level. Today was one of those days. I decided that I would do nothing today. Nothing besides find a nice place to relax. After walking around for the better side of 15 minutes I eventually came across a little park. The trees were dancing on the wind with a rustle that practically drew me to them. The whole area was just so peaceful. I followed the gravel path to enter the park and saw a lone player sitting on one of the benches. He wasn't making any noises so I doubted he'd bother me. I sat down on another bench and sprawled out. The rays of the sun warmed my whole body. Luckily I didn't have to worry about sunburn in SAO

Blue who had his eyes closed at the moment heard the sound of gravel rustle under somebody's walking foot. He opened his eyes, observant of his environment and immediately pulled out his sword and leaped out of his bench with one hand on his longsword. Blue's eyes became smaller as he saw a suspicious player standing quite close to him. Could be a sleep PKer. Blue thought but realized that he couldn't have been one especially with how innocent and young the player was. Blue sighed before inserting his sword back into the container that it belonged before deciding to apologize to the youngster for his doubts of safety. Blue bowed to the player before saying, "Sorry 'bout that... Can't be too cautious in this world of SAO."

When I sat down the other player leaped up from his bench and drew his sword. His stance was a defensive one, like he was getting ready for something. The player himself didn't seem too overtly threatening. Nothing like Mack or even Takao. I sat there looking at him wondering what in the world he was doing. After a few seconds he put his sword away and apologized to me. Then I knew what he was doing. He thought I was going to sleep PK him. Jesus some people were too paranoid. Not getting up from my seat, I answered him. "Did you think I was going to PK you? I thought I had trust problems." I couldn't recall ever being mistaken for a PKer. I certainly didn't have that appearance, so there was no way that's what set him off. Maybe something had him stressed out. 

Blue watched as the boy in front of him seemed quite surprised that he'd almost been attacked. I've already apologized. Blue thought as he grew quite annoyed at the smart remark given by the boy, "I thought I had trust problems." He'd said. How stupid and foolish was that? He asked himself before looking around for any signs of players. During a death game such as this one... How could one not be cautious... And I still wouldn't call it trust problems. He thought, having a battle between his mind. Blue sighed before realizing that he was still standing up looking at the player awkwardly with his hand gripped tightly against his sealed sword. There was a gust of wind and it acted as sort of a chilling method as Blue allowed his hair to rustle as a result of the sudden force of nature. He sat back down to the bench he'd been resting on before the player disturbed his alone time with foot steps on the gravel path. I might as well start a conversation. Blue thought before asking the boy a question. "What's your name?" He asked.

The guy was pretty annoyed by what I said. Apparently he didn't have a sense of humor, he took it way too seriously. The scowl on his face eventually went away as he once again took his seat. I didn't know what I thought about this guy. He seemed relaxed, but at the same time he was very on edge. If I had to guess I'd say he took everything very seriously, especially the circumstances of the game. I didn't think he was one to stop and have fun like Hirru, Shirosu, or I. But then again, maybe he was in line with the other part of my personality. The loner who doesn't go out of his way to talk or bother with anyone else. Hmm, interesting guy. Before I could think anymore he talked again. Looked like he didn't hold a grudge for too long. I looked at him for a second "I'm Koumori. What's yours?"

Blue watched as the sun continued rising out of the sky. Seems like morning's approaching. Blue inspected before looking at the player who seemed to be thinking about something. Perhaps he's studying my character? Blue guessed before being asked what his name was after being given the other player's name. "The name's Blue. Solo." He said casually to the player. With a sigh... he realized that a conversation would seise if the other player did not bring up a subject and Blue was not the type to do so. He was kind of determined... kind of secretive... not wanting players to learn from him or to tell him to much info. Argh. He thought as a burst of wind once again engulfed him, causing his hair to fluff around randomly to Blue's annoyment.

He seemed lost in thought as I answered him. Eventually he looked back to me and gave me his name in return: Blue. Strange name, sounded like something out of Pokémon. Apparently he was a solo player like me, but something told me I was still more active in the friends department. But at the very least I wasn't in a guild. He didn't say something else, something else that was like me. He didn't talk any more than he had too. Although I will admit, I had been changing a little bit. I was just slightly more social than I had been when I got in SAO. I felt like since maybe like this guy was like me in a way we might be able to form some sort of rapport. In any case, it looked like it was up to me to continue the conversation. The wind buffeted my face as I spoke. "I'm solo too. Never been a fan of guilds or other groups like that. I'd say that we were alike, and I think we might be, but you seem a lot more reserved than me." 

Blue looked at the gloomy sky. Perhaps. He thought. "Reserved? I wouldn't call it that. Something to do with my personality." He said... immediately bored of the conversation that was forming between the two players. Argh... He thought in boredom before seeing that 'tis was still early in the morning. "I'm gonna go search for some boars to kill." Blue said. "You can tag alone if you want." He didn't want to waste too much time especially with the amount of people that were much higher leveled than him. There are absolutely no time to waste. Blue thought before checking his inventory to see if he had all the gear he needed.

This guy really seemed like the dead weight of any conversation. He was completely disinterested in what I had to say. I could she him sit there daydreaming instead of at least trying. Did I look like that to others? No, I definitely wasn't that bad. Suddenly Blue said something about going to hunt boars. Ugh, back to business. He was determined to do anything but sit and talk to someone. I thought that I'd try to talk to him and actually get through to something, not just talk to a wall. I took my arms off the back of the bench and leaned forward in my seat. "You know, you don't have to be serious all the time. It's not like killing boars would do much anyway. If we just spend all our time in here grinding away to reach the finish that's a waste. At least that's how I feel. If we can't truly find a way to live in here than all of this will be for nothing. I for one am not willing to throw away years of my life to Kayaba's game. Obviously we have to beat it, but this is our home now and we have to treat it that way. We have to find a purpose here, something that will make us better." I paused and looked down at the ground and made a sign before looking back up. "Now I could be reading you totally wrong or you could just be having a bad day, but this is still how I feel. I've told lots of people this same thing and it hasn't changed...so do you agree?"

"Pathetic." Blue spat out, already feeling an argument coming. He honestly did not intend to start an argument between him and the other player... but he had a purpose in this game and only one purpose. He wanted to beat the game so that he can free himself from Kayaba's grasps. "I only have one purpose to this game." Blue said. "And that is to stop anything that would stop be from defeating this game and going back to my family." Blue could feel tension rising but that wasn't necessary. He said he wanted to fight boars but perhaps this was not the time. "I do not expect anyone to have the same views as me... but a game is not a home no matter how beautiful it can be... it's all been made with the art of programming and design." He said truthfully. Indeed, all of this has been made from hundreds of top-class video game designers and programmers working under Kayaba. "Please do not attempt to persuade me otherwise." He finally finished up.

"Ha....hahahahaha" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Besides the obviously unnecessary pathetic part, that guy sounded like a robot spouting prerecorded lines. He only wanted to spend all his time fighting enemies? I knew top players who didn't even do that. In fact, I don't think anyone did. Hmm, well this guy seemed angry at me but I wasn't angry at him. I wasnt saying these things to piss him off, I was really trying to help him. I know it's hard, maybe even impossible to change people, but if you can show them the other way just maybe they'll give it a thought. But I knew that this Blue character would not be an easy one to budge. If I yelled at him I knew it would be over. I stood up and looked him dead in the eye. Ready for part two of my speech. "Look, I don't want to fight you. You seem to be angry with me for some reason, but I'm not angry with you. Just listen to what I have to say....If you act that that then you'll be dead. Maybe you will come out of SAO at the end, but the whole time you're here you will be dead. Do you think I don't want to see my family too? Of course I do, I think about them all the time. But that doesn't mean I have to turn into a husk of myself. It's still possible to live in here while aiming to go back there. But why does it matter if this place is programming? That doesn't change the fact that this is where we are. This IS our home. It may also be our prison, but it's still our home. I will help you beat it, we all will, but you can't do it alone no matter how high you make your level. I'm a solo player too and I know that. When all this started I thought just like you, but I realized if I kept up with it id slowly lose my mind. So please, Blue, slow down some times. Just sit and relax, maybe find someone to talk to. Just don't let this game consume you." I had a feeling he'd still not like what I said. It might even make him more angry, but no one could say I didn't try. I put my hand to my forehead and sat back down. If he wanted to leave without saying anything, fine. 

Edited by Koumori